Start by marking “Rory's Last Chance (Love in Xxchange, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rory's Last Chance (Love in Xxchange, #1)

Rory's Last Chance

(Love in Xxchange #1)

Book one in the Love in Xxchange Series

Chance Galloway thinks walking into the Xxchange might just be the biggest mistake he’s ever made, but one stranger who seems to know just how to touch Chance is going to make it a night he’ll never forget.

Chance Galloway is used to being alone. Once a wild and voracious player, he became a loner after a traumatic event in his past to
Published May 16th 2011 by Total-E-Bound Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Rory's Last Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rory's Last Chance

Ije the Devourer of Books
Every now and then I like to read a light hearted fluffy story. I like to while away a few hours on something that isn't too demanding but at the same time is enjoyable.

This normally works quite well for me but I am not sure it did with this book. There is a really nice cowboy mm romance here somewhere but the first part of the story is lost amongst an outpouring of hard-ons and arousals and male genitalia (I am trying to be polite here, because reviews are public).

Such a pity.

The story really s
Line
Oct 27, 2018 marked it as maybe  ·  review of another edition
Freebie at amazon.com right now: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005GVKKVC/...
Christy
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in a new series 'Love in Xxchange' by the wonderful Bailey Bradford. As I enjoy this author's writing and her series are always entertaining, I was looking forward to this new adventure. The fact that Rory and Chance met in a bar called The Xxchange I felt was rather amusing, especially considering it's a gay bar in a fairly small, rural Texas town. There aren't too many of those around.

Chance is forty years old and wants nothing to do with PYTs - pretty young things. He
Jilrene
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars rounded up for warm fuzzies. This story is about two of the most well adjusted and mature men ever. Both men have past baggage that left some scars. However, they think before they speak, are considerate of each other's feelings, and trust each other quickly. Very quickly. In spite of all that perfectness, I did connect with Rory and Chance. This is a nice easy read with only a few glaring typos. If you like cowboys and May-December romance with just a hint of angst, you might enjoy th ...more
Karen K
I liked this book and the characters were also likeable but I didn't end up feeling any emotional attachment to them like I prefer in my fave books. Rory and Chance are a nice couple but I just didn't find any "oomph" in them and their relationship, plus the fact they were both abused by the same man didn't sit well in my head.
Avril
Apr 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No idea why it took me soo long to get into this series. I've got all the books on my Kindle, I just never got around to reading them. I did today, mostly because the Kindle is running out of space, and Mr. A says I can't have another Kindle until I read all the books on this one so I...But I digress. Loved. On to book 2
roy suarez
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yipee kiyodey. Love and lust

No matter what you think gay or straight , love transcends all emotional beliefs, between two people who are really in love.
Daanquai
Jul 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although the title is kinda corny (Rory and Chance are the MCs), the book is really good. Of course, Bailey Bradford is a very talented writer and was able to keep me hooked till the end.

I had some issues with Chance (he's a little too uptight, but given the antics of his youth, I guess that's to be expected). I really liked Rory, though; very cute and very sexy. One thing that was a little off-putting was that once these guys got together, for me the book kinda got less interesting. The only c
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
3.5

I have to say that I don't know how I feel about certain aspects of this book.

Likes:

*Chance was kind of crotchety but he got over it in a reasonable amount of time. He wasn't stuck on asshole and when he did something crappy he apologized. It didn't take Chance long to see the light.

*Rory, oh, Rory. He was cute and sexy at the same time. I loved that he was pretty but he was also tall and muscular. I also loved that he wasn't completely happy with the fact that he was pretty. He wanted peopl
Meggie
Jun 05, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The start in the bar was totally hot and the image I got about the mysterious man, spoke volumes. I really wanted to know him, to see what kind of man he was. I asked myself why he left Chance so abruptly at the bar... but then how the plot continued, everything changed.
What a disappointment. This mysterious guy was a kid named Rory and Chance, became the older man, with lot of experiences in his years.
I really don't know what to say, the start was awesome but then everything changed and the pl
Janie
Feb 17, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance, erotica
Chance and Rory were just fated to meet. Chance is an older retired rodeo cowboy looking to get his ranch up and started. He swears he is done with PYTs and is looking for someone more his age. Rory who just so happens to be a PYT is trying his hardest to get Chance to give him the time of day and show him that he's not like all the other young guys. After they finally get together they are just combustible and it's incredibly hot. The mystery of the story was kind of boring and not all that mys ...more
Don Bradshaw
I was disappointed by this story. There was very little conflict aside from the push and pull to get Chance into Rory's bed. The past troubles with Art was a minor thing that ran its course quickly. The story was primarily a series of sex scenes which while good, they did not make for much in the way of character development or depth. I just cannot see Chance and Rory running a successful ranch together from the bedroom.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Rory hires on at Chance's ranch! ( yes, a cowboy story:) they had a hot encounter at a bar, but Chance doesn't know it was Rory!
Chance was a bit of a jerk, but gets over it pretty quickly, not a lot of angst, despite the plot and no big misunderstanding (always a good thing! ).
Overall, a nice read!
Wendy Ann
I kinda liked this one more than I expected to. Both men had vulnerabilities that left them a little raw but perfectly suited to one another. I loved the older, supportive, and definitely curious ranch hand, and the ending was one of those that pulled an “awww” out of me. Very pleasantly surprised (and not quite sure why).
Aidee Ladnier
Mar 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. In fact, I liked it so much, I immediately purchased all the rest of the books available in the series. There's just something sexy about an older man being swept off his feet by someone younger.
Candi
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, I love this author's books.
Nicole
Apr 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012, m-m
Oh I love me some gay cowboys!! This was a good one! Older man, younger guy, both have interesting pasts... It was a goodie!
SaDeAn
4/5

My biggest complaint about Rory's Last Chance is the cover. The characters are depicted so well by Bailey Bradford that I have no idea who the children on the cover are supposed to be since they are absolutely not Chance and Rory. Chance who is 40 and a wiry, rangy cowboy with salted hair and Rory who is a beefcake with an angel face. (And how great is that match-up!?)

This book has some amazing aspects to it. The May/December romance, the sexy cowboys, the hot power plays in the bedroom, the
Lucinda
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pretty young thing

Chance is an older man and when he steps into a bar with the hopes of finding someone, he realizes he's made a mistake. Especially when two pretty young men start stalking him. He decides to get out of there and backs into another male and achieves liftoff, something that hasn't happened in years. Who then gets away without Chance seeing him or finding out who he is.

The next morning Chance hires to new ranch hands for his ranch. An old timer, Max, and a pretty young thing, Ror
Ikpemesi Ogundare
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful read

Bradford has a very concise writing style that I appreciate she focuses on the storytelling and less on the angst which can get pretty heavy in m/m romance. The story was told pretty naturally, I mean there were a few blips here and there, but overall it’s a quality read. I started reading it and I couldn’t put it down. It made me so happy to read Rory and chances story. I love this series, this author and these characters.
Pamela aka Scottieluvr
MM Romance - 2019 Q2 Read Your TBR Quarterly Challenge - Line item #1R - Rory's Last Chance

This is my read with this author; found her voice and its style unique though typical. The focal was more on the sex and angst than the premise or story line. The characters are believable and likeable. The world building was believable as well. I have other pieces of her work so will continue with this new author.

Lorrie Gedert
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I loved it.
Most men on men stories are just graphic sex scenes, this has a full on story that was told as well ,as a story of sexual abuse, that had a positive outcome without more violence. As always the happy ending for the very hit guys was great.
My only regret was ... That it wasn't longer!😁
Linda
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Chance and Rory

I enjoyed reading this book. Chance and Rory have an encounter in a gay club and Rory leaves before Chance can see who it is. When Rory is hired to work on his cattle ranch, Chance struggles to keep his emotions in check. Before long the men are all over each other but then they realise they have a bad experience in common, with the same man.
Ottilee B.
Very good story. They "meet" in a club- Rory stands at Chance's back & gives a major handjob then walks away- and when they meet again, C. figures it out. R is mid-/late-20s while C is nearing 40. Both are overcoming their past experiences, one man in particular (the villain of the story who GETS his in the end- yay!).
Jacqueline
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great Story.

I really enjoyed Rory and Chance's Story. This story has drama with a sensitive subject. The author did a great fleshing out the characters. The made the sensitive parts of the story believable.
Robert
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This ain't Brokeback

I wasn't expecting to like a cowboy romance much, but this was fine! Lots of hot sex here, but the plot never got lost--in fact, I think I would have enjoyed a little more plot.
Casee
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked

I liked it because it helped Rory heal from what happened to him. Chance took a chance on Rory and helped him a lot ❤
Brandielle
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Realize I’ve read this before but it somehow didn’t make it on here. Good overall.
Lena Grey
Jul 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

What's the possibility of two men finding each other because they were sexually abused by the same man? One would think that, if anything, being abused would make it difficult for someone to trust another man enough to love again; but for Chance Galloway and Rory Calhoun of 'Rory's Last Chance’ by Bailey Bradford, this possibility became a reality. Brought together by a violent sexual act, they used their experiences to forge an intense, loving relationship and become each other's redemption.

As
« previous 1 3 next »

• Shifter Cowboy (Uncommon Cowboys #2)
  • Ralston's Way (Prentiss, #1)
  • Duncan's World
  • The Broken H (Ranch Series, #2)
  • A Shared Range (Range, #1)
  • Cowboy Keeper (Blaecleah Brothers #2)
  • Natural Disaster (Bareback, #2)
  • Morning Report (Morning Report, #1)
  • Bareback Cowboy (Saddle Up and Ride, #2)
  • Luke's Surprise (Shifters' Haven, #1)
  • Long Tall Drink
  • The Cowboy Poet
  • Hanging Chad (Willow Springs Ranch #4)
  • Saddle Up 'N Ride
  • Some Like it Rough (The Gentlemen's Club, #2)
A few things about me...

I am a married mom of four who spends most of the day writing, either on stories or at the blog. I love to write as much as I love to read. I am generally quiet and laid back, choosing to let things slide off me rather than stick and irritate me.

And it's really hard trying to think of descriptives for myself, so I'll just let y'all e-mail me or comment at the blog if there'

Love in Xxchange (10 books)
  • Miles To Go (Love In Xxchange, #2)
  • Bend (Love In Xxchange, #3)
  • What Matters Most (Love In Xxchange, #4)
  • Ex's and O's (Love in Xxchange, #5)
  • A Bit Of Me (Love in Xxchange, #6)
  • A Bit of You (Love in Xxchange, #7)
  • In My Arms Tonight (Love in XXchange, #8)
  • Where There's A Will (Love in Xxchange, #9)
  • My Heart to Keep (Love in Xxchange, #10)