Start by marking “Under-Heaven” as Want to Read:
Under-Heaven

Under-Heaven

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  84 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews

In "The Santa Shop" he showed us how a raw emotional story can bring readers to a better place. In the epic and powerful "Under-Heaven" he has done it again...times three.

Traumatized by the violent murders of his parents and himself, nine-year-old Nate wakes in a version of Purgatory. With the help of dead relatives from above and below, he struggles to f
Published by Focus House Publishing (first published July 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Under-Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under-Heaven

Kitty Honeycutt
Nov 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
"UNDER-HEAVEN" BY TIM GREATON

It's two o'clock in the morning here and I just finished Tim Greaton's novel "Under Heaven." I could not go to bed until I wrote this review and you will soon understand why. There is so much emotion in this book that you can't help but feel it in the depths of your soul.

Perhaps it's that the story has so much to do with children and the tragic demise of young Nate, or perhaps it's simply the spiritual elements that have just the right amount of religious undertones
Mistress of the Dark Path
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"Under-Heaven" follows the paths of two boys' lives. You first meet Jesse, a five-year-old boy who lives in Boston with his mother. He comes from a troubled home and his parents have split up recently. This isn't easy on him as he has fond memories of the three of them as a family. Unfortunately, his father has become a drunk and drug addict which has caused a lot of problems. Jesse wants his parents to reconcile, as he loves his father a lot and misses him, but also knows his mother can't handl ...more
EZRead eBookstore
Feb 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amelia-reviews
(see the short video review here: http://vimeo.com/37327577)

Where do we go when we die? What happens to our souls when our bodies are no more? Are we better off dead or alive? These are questions that many people ponder throughout their lives, and ones that Nate continues to ponder even in Under-Heaven. Aside from poking the readers’ brains with philosophical questions, the tragic stories of both Nate and Jess will tug on your heart strings like a fiddler playing a solo.

This uncertainty and conf
Marla Blowers
Oct 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I'm sure we have all wondered at one time or another where our souls go when we die. “Under Heaven” is a suspenseful novel that puts a twist on the traditional theory. I was kept captive by Greaton's characters on earth as well as under heaven, a place in which the main character's soul spent many years trying to decide which direction it should go. I can honestly say I did not know how the story would end. I do know though I want a dog like Whiskey. I give Tim Greaton 5 Big Happy Cookies for th ...more
Diana (Offbeat Vagabond)
Review posted here: http://offbeatvagabond.blogspot.com/2011/11/indie-book-review-under-heaven-by-tim.html

I was approached by the author, Tim Greaton, to review this book. I knew I was going to be in for a very interesting read, but sweet Jesus! From page one, this book grabbed me by the throat and didn’t let up until the end. Like others have said, because it is true, I really can’t believe this is only $1. The mystery surrounding this book is so overwhelming; I guarantee that even though this
Doris
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
In a message from the author, found on Amazon.com, Tim Greaton explains how he had a difficult, no, horrible childhood. Rather than wallow in despair, the young Tim found escape in his local library and books. Many of us found solace, friendship and safety in books.

Now Tim writes books in the hopes of passing on to others, the moments of escape books gave him as a child.

In Under Heaven, Tim gives us two stories twinned together like strands of DNA, not to be absorbed separately, but rather as a
Jeff Dawson
Aug 11, 2012 rated it really liked it

Worlds Collide

This is the third book from Mr. Greaton I chose to read. How does it compare to the first two? Completely different-in a good way. Of all the books I've read and reviewed over the past few years, this one falls into its own category-of which I'm still trying to place.

This book reminds me of a fine Cuban cigar, perhaps a glass of Dom Perigion or a well aged Brandy. Each are to be savored and enjoyed, not rapidly consumed waiting for a refill. Relax and enjoy the moment.

The story st
Sandy Wolters
Feb 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Book: Under-Heaven
Author: Tim Greaton
Genre: Fiction, Suspense, Paranormal (life after death)
Length: Approximately 322 pages

A thought-provoking read.

UNDER-HEAVEN by TIM GREATON is a beautifully written novel about life after death. Mr. Greaton has introduced a unique and interesting theory on what happens after our soul leaves the body. I thoroughly enjoyed reading what is a new take (for me) on this often thought of experience.

I must admit while reading about Nate's living experiences, as well a
Marilyn Dieckmann
May 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I believe.
I believe there is life after death.
I believe angels walk among us... and Tim Greaton has met them.

From the depths of despair and tragedy two boys follow the only path they can to ultimately find peace. Of course there are a few bumps in the road... like murder, kidnapping, death and all the cruelty that tears a struggling family apart.

UNDER HEAVEN is a brilliant collection of characters and Tim weaves them into a story that will tug at your heart. He found a way to encompass all that
Rodney
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I wasn't really sure what I was getting into when I began the book. It is essentially three stories cleverly inter-related. The story focuses on two young boys, Nate and Jesse whose stories seem completely unrelated even though as a reader you know they must be. The story line eventually leads you to this connection pretty cleverly and in a way which is very hard to see coming.

I'm not sure how to categorize this book. At first I thought it was religious fiction but ultimately I would call it a f
Diana Hockley
Oct 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe this book is only .99c on kindle. Having read it, I know it is worth so much more in emotional investment; a story of such power, written so beautifully has my vote every time. I wish I could give it more than five stars.

Tim Greaton became one of my favoured authors with his Santa Story and he has gained my respect and further admiration with this novel about a young boy, murdered and taken to Under Heaven, where he has to make a "life changing" decision.

I was wondering how Mr
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
Enter contest here: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

At first it was hard to see what each story had to do with each other but then -bang- it hits you between the eyes. The merging was very cleverly done and when I came to the dramatic end I was in tears.

I totally recommend this book. Under Heaven is a moving and well written story.
Kristen
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
If you were murdered before you were 10 years old and given a choice to go back to Earth or go to Heaven, what would you do? That's the question that young Nate faces and he can't decide. What finally persuades him? Finding out what happened to his faithful dog.
While there are two stories being told at the same time, they are easy to keep separate and kept me wondering how they were connected until the very end.
Gail
Oct 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Excellent writing and story. This book is different from his Christmas story and very disturbing at times. I can see how it could be cathartic for the author, yet quite moving for the reader. Sometimes I had to put it down because it was so difficult for Nate. Read it and find out what I'm talking about...
Elayne
Aug 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, it was emotional, humorous and well written. The characters were lovable and I was eager to discover the connection between the two boys...if I have any complaint it would be not getting to know more about Clay!
Lindsay
Aug 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult-fantasy
Definately a teary one for me, but a good book none the less.
Marlene
May 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
simply AMAZING!!! I will re read again and again!
Glenda
Jan 13, 2013 rated it liked it
I didn't mind this book but it didn't all come together until the end. It was definitely a different read.
Pam
May 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed out he made his own version of purgatory live. Tim intergrated the stories of Jesse and Nate with seamless style. the character are great.
Sarah Waynick
May 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Kept me guessing how everything was connected, but came together nicely in the end. It is also interesting to read how others imagine the afterlife to be. Intriguing concept.
Kim (Wistfulskimmies Book Reviews)
For my review of this book click here:- http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...
Amber Moore
Jul 23, 2012 rated it liked it
This book was very interesting. It integrated a few stories but come together nicely. I enjoyed the stories as hard as they were of Nate, Jessie, and Clay. Sometimes thinking is a good thing.
David Palmer
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nine year old Nate has died. But where does he go from here? Five year old Jesse just wants his family back together. How can he halt his father's descent into self-destruction? In Under-Heaven we follow these two young souls as they struggle to understand and deal with dilemmas That would test the very best of us.

This is story telling on an epic scale. It is a deeply moving tale that explores some of the most profound aspects of our world, life, death, love, loss and the very nature of existenc
Selena Lanovara-scott
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Archangel

Touching Once everything came together was just amazing. All the family members was funny they all played an important role. I felt for Wagner and Jesse. I didn't see that connection coming.
Ray
Aug 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I really enjoyed your interpretation of purgatory. I loved all the characters that weaved through out the story. How they all were yoked together in the end was a smart play. Great story. Great characters.
Chris
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful story!
Nancy Isaacson
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Must read

I rated this book 5 star because I have never read a book like this one. It keeps you wanting to keep reading even after you close your eyes.
Jennifer Bertram
Tyara Miller
Mar 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Books 2 Read: Tim Greaton 15 12 Dec 23, 2011 12:13AM
  • Banshee Charmer (Files of the Otherworlder Enforcement Agency #1)
  • A Ripple in Time - Angel of the Titanic
  • A Demon Lies Within
  • Predators of Darkness: Aftermath: Book One of the Darkness Series
  • Taking the Highway
  • Eden
  • Risking Eternity (Timeshifters #1)
  • Ghosts of Rosewood Asylum
  • The Weight of Glass
  • Sikander
  • Eyrie (Society of Feathers, #2)
  • Hereafter (Afterlife #1)
  • Purgatory Reign
  • The Newfoundland Vampire  (The Newfoundland Vampire, #1)
  • Upload
  • The Arrival of Armando DeLeon (In Darkness We Must Abide, #3)
  • Lizzy Speare and the Cursed Tomb
  • Second-Chance Mother
I live in Maine with my beautiful wife and three amazing children. We share seven acres with one dog, two cats and a population of ducks that varies with the weather. I'm is a full-time corporate writer and novelist. My fiction and nonfiction have appeared in forums all around the globe. You can find my novels in paperback and ebook formats at all quality book retailers.

Though I'm sometimes referr
More about Tim Greaton...