Start by marking “Losing Lila (Lila, #2)” as Want to Read:
Losing Lila (Lila, #2)

Losing Lila

(Lila #2)

Alex and Lila are on the run, desperately trying to stay one step ahead of the Unit, which is somehow tracking their every move. While Alex is determined to keep Lila safe and her ability secret at any cost, Lila's only thought is of finding a way back to California so she can rescue her brother and mother from the military base where they're being held.

Struggling to contr
Published August 2nd 2012 by Simon & Schuster UK

Start your review of Losing Lila (Lila, #2)
Sarah Alderson
Aug 22, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
If you need an Alex & Lila fix be sure to download the free x-rated Alex & Lila story from my website and check out my new adult novel Come Back to Me which is just 99p at the moment on Amazon.

Grab a total bargain

I'm thinking that this is quite scary. There's so much Lila love right now...no pressure or anything to deliver a killer sequel then...

Once I have the official synopsis I will add it to Goodreads straightaway. But let's just say that the sequel involves plenty more action (someone jus
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)

One can always count on Sarah Alderson to amuse, entertain and accelerate heartbeats. Losing Lila is no different.
In my review of Hunting Lila, I described Alderson’s debut as deliciously shallow, and it was. In comparison, its successor is far more layered and emotionally demanding. There is plenty of action, yes, but we also get to peek underneath and see dilemmas and insecurities, especially Alex’s. Alderson really allowed her characters to fly free, even when they refused to fly in the righ
Jasprit
Jan 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Losing Lila was a book I’d immediately added to my wish list once I’d devoured Hunting Lila earlier this year. Sarah Alderson had made me go through so much with the first book, and then she left me flabbergasted with two big sucker punches at the end! Alderson sure knows how to toy with your emotions, with teasers for Losing Lila posted on her twitter, a promise of a pov from Alex at the end of Losing Lila and the novella Catching Suki kept me hanging on for more. I honestly couldn’t wait for i ...more
Donna {Book Passion For Life}
"It isn't just your fight, it's our fight. It's not just about revenge...it's about stopping them. I would fight this battle even if it wasn't about your mum. Or about you."

Sarah Alderson has done it yet again, and created another completely remarkable book. Losing Lila is full of pure-awesomeness, unputdownable and one of my favourite reads this year!

After the shocking events in Hunting Lila, Alex and Lila are on the run from the Unit, but it’s not long before the unit is hot on their trails. A
♥Rachel♥
Nov 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Okay, I'm just going to be super lazy for my review, and give you my answers to our Vanilla Queens Dream Reads post on The Readers Den. It really just cuts to the chase and gives you what you want to know anyways.

Favorite character and why:
Lila is my favorite, I think because I felt closest to her as the story is told in her POV. She made such strides in character in this story. She was so determined to rescue her family and bring down the bad guys with little concern for her own safety.

Most
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Didi
3.5 STARS

THAT'S IT??

The sequel to Hunting Lila was a little disappointing. Not in any adventure, action or on-the-edge-of-your-seat senses, but more on the why did it end so abruptly sense. It started out with a bang, very exciting and I couldn't put it down. Everything was great, the action, betrayal and secrecy. Things were revealed and I was guessing at points as to what would happen. Bad guys became good and vice versa. Really good stuff.

Breaking into a billion dollar facility and wiping out
Eunice
Who wouldn't love a book when the author goes straight and throw you right away with an action-pack and heart pounding opening? Sarah Alderson sure knows how to capture her audience. Right from the start she had me already really excited and thrilled and I'm very happy to say that she was able to keep it throughout the course of the story. Losing Lila is fantastic sequel with amazing plot, kick-ass characters, thrilling scenes and shocking twists. I absolutely enjoyed it.

Lila. I seriously adore
Ferdy
Aug 10, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars - spoilers

Alex and Lila are on the run from the Unit. With Lila's brother and mum in the hands of the Unit, Alex and Lila must work with Demos and the other psy to form a plan to rescue them without falling back into their clutches.

-Nothing much happened in the first 60% of the book, Lila just plodded along with Alex, Demos and co coming up with silly plans to break out Lila's mum and brother from the Unit. It was quite slow and boring, there was a little more action towards the end an
It's no secret that I was a massive fan of Hunting Lila (that's a quote from my review on the front cover of Losing Lila after all!) so I had high expectations when I picked up this book. I wasn't worried though and Sarah Alderson not only met them she surpassed them - everything I loved about the first book is multiplied in the sequel. Losing Lila is an action packed read full of adventure, a heroine with kick ass psychic abilities and a sexy hero who puts the steam into steamy. Oh boy is the r ...more
Marga
Jun 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well, Losing Lila offered what Hunting Lila lacked. This fast-paced sequel is definitely not experiencing the second-book-syndrome or whatever is it called. :3 The characters became more admirable, the fights somehow more intense and believable.

The plot:

What to expect?

Seriously cute scenes. Hilarious and lovely characters. Predictable betrayal. Shocking twists and revelations. Action-packed adventure.

The characters:

Lila. She became slightly less annoying to me but still... Gaaaah Lila. Worry ab
Roobie
3 stars

"We completely need him [Alex]. Who else comes up with the plans?"

"Demos?" Nate answered, looking confused.

Suki frowned at him. "Yes, but he isn't hot, Nate. We've talked about this."

Giselle
Oct 31, 2011 marked it as to-read
It has a cover! :D
Tamara
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
I hate everything about this book but the actual idea behind the whole gifted abilities. I can't even write a review. All I can say is that Alex is so beyond vulnerable, Jack is a character that's suppose to seem overprotective, but he just seems like a control freak, and Lila is this obnoxious combination of ever BAD thing a character can posses. I have more awful things to say, but I am trying to stay away from spoiling.....
Mada
Jan 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Breathtaking and amazing. I just loved it. I need more Alex, Lila and Jack.
Sarah Alderson is a genius. Hope there will be at least one more book in the series. I'm so obsessed.
Jena
Aug 24, 2011 marked it as to-read
AUGUST 2nd of NEXT yr?!?!?!? *dies* this will not do. I need this MUCH SOONER.
ALPHAreader
Shelves: wish-list
Brodie
Shelves: favorites, 2012
It's no secret I love Sarah Alderson and her crazy addictive novels, so my expectations were high for Losing Lila... but apparently not high enough, because this book blew me away far more than I was anticipating! Sarah did not waste any time in delivering adrenaline-pumping chase scenes, run-ins with crime lords and SKINNY DIPPING all within the first 50 pages. Given what happened at the end of Hunting Lila, Alex and Lila are on the run from The Unit. They get involved in some crazy shit. They ...more
Keertana
Jul 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5

I think this is going to come off as really strange, but I was so skeptical about reading Losing Lila. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to – because I did – it was simply that I was wary of what I would find within its pages. I wasn’t exactly a fan of Lila, or her whirlwind romance with Alex, in the previous novel and I was dreading another bout of this underdeveloped love story, but I needn’t have worried. I liked this story much better than Hunting Lila and fans of the previous
Valeria
May 23, 2012 rated it did not like it

I was going to start by saying 'I really wanted to love this book' but that's a pointless statement to make, nobody wants to waste time reading a book they don't like so I'm going to start by saying this book was a massive disappointment. I loved Hunting Lila, it became one of my favourite books ever so I was really looking forward to this. Maybe my expectations were just too high to be fulfilled but I honestly don't think that's the problem.

Alex and Lila. How is it possible for a
Ida
Lila, Alex and his 12-pack abs (Yes, they exist. And I am so not making this up) are back!

Just when I thought this series could not get any better, comes Losing Lila. This book just went all out with the action, twists, drama and yes..steam.

I felt myself caught by the whirlwind events it generated and traped at the center of it. I really didn't see some of the twists coming. I was sucker punched several times, but I was left asking for more. And more it gave.

AND I. ABSOLUTELY. LOVED. IT.

Lila. I
~Tina~
Aug 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
What A Rush!!!

Ever since I read Sarah Alderson's Hunting Lila I completely fell in love with this world. So I'm thrilled to say that not only did Losing Lila not disappoint, it surpassed all my expectations. Love love loved it!!

Losing Lila starts off eight days after the events at Joshua Tree. Alex and Lila are on the run from the Unit and trying to come to grips with the guilt that they not only left Jack in their hands but that Lila's mom has been alive the entire time. With the help of Demos,
Tabatha
EDIT*
-Official review to come [:

_________________________________________________________

Ok.. After reading [book:Hunting Lila|10188580] in September of last year (I think it was September.. Before I had a Goodread account anyways.. ) I kind of felt like this:

Then, sadly I realized.. I was going to be waiting a looooong time, though at that point, the release date hadn't been set for Losing Lila.

When I finally found out that it was going to be released this year:

I was Overjoyed!

..And then:

I rea
Booknut
Wow. I thought this series couldn't possibly get any better, and I have realised never to make assumptions before reading ever again. This book is the perfect combination of adventure, sci-fi, romance, ya fiction-y goodness and everything else you could possibly want in a novel.

Sarah Alderson is a genius.
Mimi Valentine
Jan 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ahhhhhhhhhh, why does August have to be so far away????
Joanne
Apr 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-urban-fantasy
Originally posted on Once Upon a Bookcase.

I absolutely adored Hunting Lila, the first book in the Lila series, so when Losing Lia arrived on my doorstep, I couldn't contain my excitement! More Lila and Alex! More Suki and Nate! More super exciting edge-of-your-seat action! I'm immensely happy to say Losing Lila doesn't fail to deliver!

Sarah Alderson is some kind of genius as these books seem so real! I said in my review of Hunting Lila that I was constantly put in mind of the American TV show He
Devyani
It's no surprise that for me , Losing Lila was in every way the most anticipated book of this year along with Quintana of Charyn ,Insurgent and Pandemonium . With anticipation comes tons of expectations ! and when things touch your heart beyond expectations , it just means one thing and that is that you are in love .

I had jumped into Hunting Lila without a thought after reading some rave reviews about it and it didn't fail to blow me away . So if I say that Losing Lila way much much much MUCH be
Celine
Mar 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
Review originally posted in: http://forget8me8not.blogspot.com.au/...

Cover:
I love this cover even more than the first book! The girl in the cover looks just like how I imagined Lila! I love that the girl is wearing a grey jacket and pants, plus the white shirt and that pose is amazing. It looks as if the girl is running away from something and it captures the feeling of Losing Lila so well!

Story:

Lila and Alex sitting on a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N...

Whoops, please excuse me! I do not mean to sing the 'p
Braiden
Aug 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Leave all expectations, thoughts, guesses, assumptions and inklings at the first page of Losing Lila. Just let this sequel to Sarah Alderson’s popular Hunting Lila lead you into the unknown, which is exciting but treacherous as you journey on through. Leave behind everything you had thought about the abilities of the characters – both the inhuman and human. Leave behind absolutely everything… except for the events that had occurred in Hunting Lila and what we had discovered. Maybe you have a goo ...more
Amanda

Losing Lila is the second book in the Lila series by Sarah Alderson. The story picks up eight days after the events of Hunting Lila. Lila and Alex are on the run after the shootout with The Unit and Lila is struggling with the fact that she left her brother, Jack, when he was severely injured. She and Alex team up with Demos and his band of Psys to take down The Unit and Richard Stirling in the hope of rescuing Jack and their mother.

I only recently read and reviewed Hunting Lila and I didn’t enj
YA Buddy Readers'...: Losing Lila, by Sarah Alderson. START DATE: April 6, 2015 16 13 Apr 16, 2015 03:33AM
Isn't there any Fanfic for Lila series?? 2 28 May 04, 2014 08:10AM

• Spark (Elemental, #2)
  • Erased (Altered, #2)
  • Accordance (Significance, #2)
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
  • Spirit (Elemental, #3)
  • Secret (Elemental, #4)
  • Altered (Altered, #1)
  • Sacrifice (Elemental, #5)
  • Archaic (Archaic, #1)
  • Pushed (Sense Thieves, #2)
  • Ignited (Sense Thieves #3)
  • Touched (Sense Thieves, #1)
  • Contact (Encounter Series #1)
  • Equinox (Encounter Series #2)
  • Burning Bridges (Fletcher University, #1)
  • Chasing Angel (Divisa, #3)
  • Hunting Angel (Divisa, #2)
  • Saving Angel (Divisa, #1)
Having spent most of her life in London, Sarah quit her job in the non profit sector in 2009 and took off on a round the world trip with her husband and princess-obsessed daughter on a mission to find a new place to call home. After several months in India, Singapore, Australia and the US, they settled in Bali where they lived for five years.

She finished her first novel, Hunting Lila (winner of th

Lila (2 books)
  • Hunting Lila (Lila, #1)