Start by marking “Stitch Head (Stitch Head #1)” as Want to Read:
Stitch Head (Stitch Head #1)

Stitch Head

(Stitch Head #1)

Published August 1st 2011 by Stripes (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Stitch Head, please sign up.
Aliye Fayaz This book is actually my childhood book. It's easy to read and the plot is super cute. I recommend this book for ages 8-10.…moreThis book is actually my childhood book. It's easy to read and the plot is super cute. I recommend this book for ages 8-10.(less)

Start your review of Stitch Head (Stitch Head #1)
Amy Eye
Mar 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a fun book about Stitch Head, a long-forgotten creation of a mad scientist. Stitch Head stays around the castle to make sure his master's creations don't go wild in the nearby town and bring punishment down on his master. After years of working behind the scenes, Stitch Head is pushed into a situation where the "no visitors" rule is thrown to the wind.

Stitch Head, for starters, is simply adorable. The illustrations in the book are perfect to set up the quirky atmosphere, and we have vil
Sam
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In Castle Grotteskew something BIG is about to happen to someone SMALL. Join a mad professor’s forgotten creation as he steps out of the shadows into the adventure of an almost-lifetime...

I have absolutely loved reading this book with my son. Each chapter is full of adventure and comedy keeping the young mind entertained and wanting to find out what will happen next. You know you have found a good children’s author when your son asks for the next book in the series.
Claire
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-lit
It is difficult to find books that young children will enjoy and that adults can appreciate too. I think this is one such book. A funny book, good story and moral woven into the telling of it. I would recommend for years 3 and
4 as an ideal, but could be enjoyed by younger and older.
Lovely Day
Nov 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
3.5⭐️

Cute little tale of Stitch Head, the Mad Scientist’s first live creation and the one he has forgotten over the years of dabbling with making monster after monster.

All stitch head wants is to be known by his master.

A sketchy dude called FreakFinder comes to town and manipulates Stitch Head and causes an angry mob to storm the Mad Scientist’s castle.

What will happen?
Mrs G
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 7-plus
I'm pretty sure that most of my Y3 class will love this. Funny, bonkers and plenty of fab illustrations to break up the text. Great. ...more
WheeldonHS
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
My son, 6, really enjoyed this story.
Jule
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute, funny and a little bit mad. :D
I will give this my sisters to read, when they know the english language a bit better. :)
Michelle
Oct 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
First Impression:

The cover is just the cutest. Stitch Head looks like such a sad little guy.
The illustrations inside are gorgeous! They are on every page and sometimes take up a full spread with text over the top. They add so much to the story.
Since this was a hard cover I loved the feel of it, so smooth and the pages a nice weight. It was fun to read as a book rather than on a kindle

The Story:

Stitch Head was created by a Mad Professor who promised they would be friends forever

Sharon Tyler
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Stitch Head, written by Guy Bass and illustrated by Pete Williamson is a children's book very different from many others. The story follows Stitch Head, the creation of a mad scientist, that does his best to protect his creator while preventing his other creations from causing destruction or being noticed by those he protects. When a traveling circus that has lost its ability to scare and amaze comes to town, Stitch Head's almost-life is put in jeopardy, as is the well-being of the professor and ...more
Pop Bop
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Cheerful and Oddly Touching

Stitch Head was mad scientist Erasmus' very first Frankenstein-style creation. He and the boy scientist promised to be friends forever. But Erasmus grew up, went on to create more and bigger and wilder creatures, and forgot about Stitch Head. Now, Stitch Head wanders the Castle, uses his own skills to turn Erasmus' terrible creatures into calm and mild monsters, and pines for the old days and his creator/friend.

So, this is sort of like the thinking kid's monster story
Jasmine Brown
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2-24-20
Choice Book #2 Quarter 3

Stitch Head is a fiction book written by Guy Bass

Stitch Head takes place in Castle Grotteskew, Grubbers Nubbin'.

The main character is Stitch Head. Stitch Head is the Professor's very first creation that was almost-alive. He is extremely shy, caring,responsible, polite, and doesn't want to be noticed. He hates the outside world and is terrified of humans. He spends most of his time taking care of the new, hostile creations the professor makes. I think Stitch Head is a dyn
I _teach_muggles
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stitch Head is the first in a brand new series from author/illustrator duo Guy Bass and Pete Williamson.

Fulbert Freakfinder’s circus of weird wonders isn’t the only thing trying to frighten the townsfolk of Grubbers Nubbin. In Castle Grotteskew, a mad professor is hard at work bringing almost life to his next monstrous creation. When Freakfinder chooses not to follow the only rule of Castle Grotteskew…”No Visitors”, Stitch Head’s worse fears are realised…

As much as it is about monsters and mayhe
Chazzi
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: juvenile
The village of Grubbers Nubbin knows that there are strange things going on in the Castle Grotteskew. The mad professor's experiments and strange monstrous creatures he creates are common knowledge, and the people stay away from there.

When Fulbert Freakfinder's Travelling Carnival of Unnatural Wonders comes to town, and Fulbert hears of the goings on and monsters that are up at the castle, Fulbert becomes obsessed with gaining admittance to see. Nothing can stop him! Until he meets up with an un
Qi Yang Chin
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Far, far away in Castle Grotteskew, Professor Erasmus, the mad doctor was doing his experiments and testing on monstrous, bizarre creatures. This man was the one who took care of the professor and the monsters. He was Stitch Head, one of the creatures made by the professor. Everything went well, but one fateful day, something happened. Stitch head then went on a dark, intimidating and challenging journey...

This graphic novel has attracted me a lot. I am deeply captivated by the illustrations and
Aelie M
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-shelf
This book is called Stitch Head (p. 190). I like this book because I love all the mystery and adventure. My favorite character has to been probably the main character Stitch Head because he is nice and kind hearted but one thing i don’t like about him is that he was so gullible to believe Freakfinder. If you don’t know, Peakfinder is the evil/ bad guy in this story. A few quotes that i really like from this book are:
High above the castle loomed, and while it stood the town was doomed.
Grotteskew
Ara Claire
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In the maze-like dungeons of Castle Grotteskew, the frightfully insane Professor Erasmus conducts his bizarre experiments on living things. His very first creation has been long forgotten - a small, almost-human creature, known only as Stitch Head. Poor Stitch Head has spent years vying for attention amongst a menagerie of freakish monsters. When a travelling circus ringmaster, Fulbert Freakfinder, promises to make him a star, Stitch Head wonders whether there is another life for him. But first ...more
Kandice
Apr 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a sweet read. I really loved this. There was so much to love. The creepy castle on the hill, the mad scientist, the array of frightening creatures, the kind and thoughtful Stitch head, Freak finders interest in him. It was really good. Spoiler: Stitch heads desire to protect the professor despite being cast aside was endearing. I was especially touched by him trying to move forward after being forgotten, I could really empathize with him. I loved the cute illustrations as well, it really pa ...more
Ellese Atkinson
Jan 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
I remember borrowing this book from the library when I was in Primary School and we'd have weekly trips there.
Along with The Raven Mysteries and Ottoline, I remember these books as making up my childhood. I was obsessed with Ottoline and in love with the drawing style for stitch head.
With that, I didn't remember much of the story apart from the fact that he'd been forgotten by his master and he was lonely.
Re-reading this at 20 when I must of been 10 or 11 when I first picked this up, is really s
Chrissy Erwin
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, primary
Mike Watson
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic fun for 6-8 year olds

Fab story. Great fun. Lots of giggles and plenty of emotion.
StitchHead is a lovely fantasy tale for Y2-Y4 children.
Stacks of stuff to enjoy and talk about, so whether you are a Mad Professor, Creature or Human child; you’ll enjoy this story!
Alison Wickham
This story is about stitch head, who was created by a mad professor and lives his life trying to fix the mad creations he makes. An exciting adventure and spooky story that I think year 3/4 would love. Could be read aloud to enjoy as a class or enjoyed by individuals.
Yuriana Córdoba
LOOOOOVEEEE!!!!
Coco Molina
I loved it!!! i find stitch head lovely, Creature hilarious and Arabella is a bad ass girl role model
Charlie Atkinson
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very good
Like the story
Bev
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very cute and fun. I love little Stitch Head and the Creature. Recommended for children aged 8+ and all fans of slightly gothic children's books. ...more
Erin
Aug 18, 2018 rated it liked it
A cute little book that was given to me by one of my adorable Year 7 students when we were studying The Gothic. I thought it was sweet, funny, and a fun story for kids.
Jordan
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was well put and gave me the curiosity and imagination as it was as a child. Thank you.
Caroline Bews
Loved this!!
Melody Bremen
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
Reckless and fun. I would recommend this for reluctant readers.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The World’s Worst Parents
  • Willow Moss & the Lost Day (Starfell, #1)
  • The Boy Who Grew Dragons (The Boy Who Grew Dragons, #1)
  • The Christmas Mystery
  • The Many Worlds of Albie Bright
  • The Boy At the Back of the Class
  • The Highland Falcon Thief
  • The Beast of Buckingham Palace
  • Czerwone krzesło (Magiczne Drzewo, #1)
  • Orphans of the Tide (Orphans of the Tide #1)
  • Podkin One-Ear (The Five Realms #1)
  • The Garden of Lost Secrets
  • Clockwork
Guy is an award-winning author whose children's books series include Stitch Head, Skeleton Keys, Dinkin Dings, Spynosaur, The Legend of Frog and Atomic! In 2010 Dinkin Dings and the Frightening Things won the Blue Peter Award for Most Fun Book with Pictures.

Guy's has also written plays for both adults and children. He has previously been a theatre producer, illustrator, temp, gerbil whisperer and

Stitch Head (6 books)
  • The Pirate's Eye (Stitch Head, #2)
  • The Ghost of Grotteskew (Stitch Head, #3)
  • The Spiders Lair (Stitch Head, #4)
  • The Beast of Grubbers Nubbin (Stitch Head, #5)
  • The Monster Hunter (Stitch Head, #6)