Start by marking “Year of the WereCurse -- WereWhat?” as Want to Read:
Year of the WereCurse -- WereWhat?

Year of the WereCurse -- WereWhat?

When the Hobokens learn they've inherited a mansion from a great aunt they didn't know existed, 12-year-old Jack Henry thinks it's yet another move to yet another town with yet another school.

But Hobokenstone Manor isn’t even close to anything he could have imagined. It’s not so bad that it’s located by the sea (even if there are . . . shudder . . . lobsters). He could ev
Kindle Edition
Published (first published August 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Year of the WereCurse -- WereWhat?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Year of the WereCurse -- WereWhat?

Start your review of Year of the WereCurse -- WereWhat?
Aeicha
Sep 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
After a week of reading some pretty serious YA novels, Year of the WereCurse: WereWhat? was the perfect weekend read for me. This is such a fun read! This is the kind of book that I would have adored as a child…and totally enjoyed as an adult.

In Year of the WereCurse: WereWhat? we are introduced to Jack Henry Hoboken and his family- his parents Eugene and Eleanor, his older sister Esmee, and his baby brother Evan. The Hobokens learn that they have inherited Hobokenstone Manor in the town of Wher
Julie Witt
Sep 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I received a copy of this book from the LibraryThing's Early Reviewer's Program in exchange for my honest review.

This was such a fun book for younger readers! I think they will really enjoy this take on werecreatures.

From Goodreads: "Now Jack Henry must face gargantuan lobsters, deal with the ghosts of his evil ancestors and convince his parents that turning into WereAnimals isn’t normal if he’s ever going to get his family out of Hobokenstone Manor and find somewhere they can call home. Of cou
Francine
Sep 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
This is a great book for the lower ages of young adults although I have to admit I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing, beginning to end. It is like a combination of Lemony Snicket and J.K. Rowling with a little R.L. Stine thrown in for good measure. It is a fun read, a quick one, which is always a plus with Young Adults. It is also not as heavy a read as so many YAs have become since the Twilight saga. The main character is absolutely adorable as he tries to find out the truth about what is goin ...more
Tiffany
Oct 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Not a bad read, especially if you enjoy the Goosebumps series. It gives a new perspective on wereanimals. So, if you like sea turtles and children's books, it's an interesting twist on a preteen boy's problems with dealing with being a wereanimal. Plus, some curious twists in the plot along the way. The werehouse is innovative, and the book ends in a cliffhanger. I smell sequel. Hope the next book comes out soon.
Krizia Anna
Sep 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: debi-faulkner
It was actually a good story despite the bad start. It was exciting and intriguing! I love Jack Henry, Gordon and even Esme. The only problem I had was the way Jack Henry's parents were written. Their actions were not explained. It was totally weird.

The book also has some missing parts at the end. I don't know if my copy was a bad copy. The ending will also leave you hanging. I need to know what happened next!!!
Scooby2
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story. Even though it's for young adults, adults will enjoy reading it as well. It has adventure, suspense, and of course a curse. This story flowed nicely and the plot was well thought out. I loved the main character Jack Henry and how he keeps trying to figure out the house, the curse and the villagers. I am hoping for a sequel. I would definitely recommend others read this story, you will not be disappointed.
Elizabeth
Nov 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Funny YA fantasy. John Henry Hoboken is used to moving around with his crazy family. When out of the blue, they get a letter from an unknown relative telling them they are inherting a house. Once they move in John Henry and his sister, Esmee, find out not everything is as easy as it looks. Fun way to spend an afternoon in the sun.
Debi Faulkner
Aug 21, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Since I wrote this book, of course, I think it's awesome! I'd like to hear some more unbiased opinions, though. ;-)
Dolly