Start by marking “ZooBorns ABC” as Want to Read:
ZooBorns ABC

ZooBorns ABC

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  210 ratings  ·  66 reviews
b>“ABC” means “Animal Baby Cuteness” in this darling alphabet book from the creators of ZooBorns.com.Calling all animal enthusiasts—the ZooBorns are back! It’s time to scamper through the alphabet with a herd of irresistible zoo babies. Featuring adorable animal photos, zippy text, and a fact-filled glossary, this just might be the cutest ABC book ever to hit the shelve ...more
Published July 10th 2012 by Beach Lane Books (first published May 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about ZooBorns ABC, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ZooBorns ABC

Tez
I'm pretty good at my ABCs, but even I learned something from this book - four new-to-me animals.
Angie
Synopsis: "“ABC” means “Animal Baby Cuteness” in this darling alphabet book from the creators of ZooBorns.com.Calling all animal enthusiasts—the ZooBorns are back! It’s time to scamper through the alphabet with a herd of irresistible zoo babies. Featuring adorable animal photos, zippy text, and a fact-filled glossary, this just might be the cutest ABC book ever to hit the shelves!"

My Review: Munchkin is all about the alphabet and when it combines with animals he gets really excited so I thought
Joella www.cinjoella.com
Oh, I love this book! But then again I also loved ZooBorns. And I love alphabet books. So between the two, I am just extremely happy about how well this book turned out. Each page has a beautiful picture of a ZooBorn, in alphabetical order of course. There is a small blurb that gives a little more information about the animal. And then at the end of the book there is even more information. Plus...there is a little mystery about what animal is the "Z" animal. I'll give you a hint...it’s not a zeb ...more
Kandice
A is for Adorable
B is for Babies
C is for Check it out at your local library!!!

ABC Zooborns is an alphabetical compilation of newborn animals from various zoos. There are animals in this book that I have never heard of before. For example, D is for dhole -- AWESOME!

I’m certain we will be borrowing this from our library again and again.
I liked this book. It is an interesting animal-themed alphabet book that has an information section in the back. The alphabet part is good for younger students who are learning to write and sound out words. The informational part is good for older students who are either interested in animals or who are doing a research project on animals. I liked the whimsical descriptions of each animal.

Additional Resource
http://www.zooborns.com/zooborns/2012... (Notice the blinking eyes on the book)

Brienz Wilkening
This book was SO cute!! I found myself saying "awwwww" and "so adorable" on almost every page. This book would be perfect for younger students who are learning their ABCs. Besides the babies being so cute I loved how at the end of the book there is a paragraph about every animal mentioned in the book. It also talks about where those babies are and what species they are. This is a cute way to introduce kids to different animals as well.
Emily
I thought this book was very cute, I loved the pictures. As I was reading the book I just kept having to smile at the comments/words that went with the picture we cute and funny I know that quite a few little first or second graders would start to crack up! I would share this good with young kids because it is fun and tells about the common animals and some not so common...its fun for little kids to see both.
Tara
This is a cute book that not only teaches younger students their ABS's, but also introduces them to possibly unfamiliar species of animals! The photographs are oh-so-sweet and will capture boys and girls alike! I love that the back matter contains a classification list of all the animals mentioned with a description and conservation status (plus a key so readers understand what this means).
Katy
How can you resist that baby koala on the cover? You can't. Included animal babies range from common animals to unique ones like the nyala. Each animal gets a brief sentence of description, but few are solid facts. The back features a glossary explaining the animal, its conservation status, species, and the animal's zoo location. Love the beautiful and clear photographs. Cute overload.
Celticoracle
This book captured both Mini-Me and me from the first page. She was enthralled by the pictures of the baby animals, and proud to identify the ones she knew. And in a great addition over many ABC books, each animal gets a sentence or two of description, giving some great context for Mini-Me, and helping Mommy learn a thing or two as well. I may well buy this for our collection.
Morgan
I chose this book because I knew it would be about animals and animals are my passion. I really enjoyed this book because it had an introduction about the book and then it did the actual a through z naming different animals then it had a conclusion. It taught students about different types of animals and taught them about the possibility of extinction of animals.
This book is a great picture book to read to kindergarteners as you teach them about the alphabet. Not only does it help the children to review their letters, it also helps them to learn different animals. I love how the pictures are photos. While reading this book, you can have your students guess what animal will go with each letter.
Jan Rue
Written by Andrew Bleiman (2012) New York: Simon & Schuster. This is a great ABC book of newborn zoo animals from A to Z. There are cute photos and names of each animal. And then captions of the animal talking in first person about something they are doing in the photo - C is fo cheetah. You found my secret hiding place. Shhhh, don't tell amyone! or K is for koala. I was born to cuddle. Mom's furry hug is just so snug. The photo are very colorful and show the babies off perfectly, like you a ...more
Ina
From Anteater to a photo spread of all of the zooborns this concept book is filled with amazing photographs of all sorts of adorable baby animals. Some are familiar (giraffe, hippo , and rhino) while others are less so (tapir, nyala, vicuna, and yak). Truly awesome and a real story time audience pleaser.
Marissa Reyes
The text ABC Zoo Borns by Andrew Bleiman is an absolutely adorable children's book as it appeals to a child's favorite topic when they are young and that is baby animals. When the alphabet is combined with beautiful pictures of new borns, the children will learn the material a lot quicker and remember it for a longer duration of time. The illustrations were my favorite part because it gives children the ability to see the animals up close and personal instead of looking at a drawing in which wou ...more
Annalise
Beautiful photographs. A variety of different animals included in the book. A great way to introduce different animals to your child, but not a good book for beginner readers because of the difficult words in the book.
Aubree Cash
I like this book for an alphabet book. Directed more for younger children, the only thing I didn't like was that for the letter Z the didn't use an animal the used the word zooborns. Rather zebra was what I was hoping for.
Samantha
If you enjoy looking at pictures of animals, especially newborns, this is the ABC book to bring into your classroom! Adorable baby animal pictures are paired with their letter from the alphabet, with little captions of what the animal is doing. At the end of the book there is a great section that gives a paragraph or so about each animal, stating where they stay at the zoo and how they live in the wild. This is an awesome book for pre-school and kindergarten students when learning their alphabet ...more
Vicki
The photographs used in this book are the best thing about it. I like the large size alphabet letters used on each page, but the extended text seems forced/not cute.
Lacey
Totally in love with this book and will definitely have to buy it. Such cute baby animals that I want my daughter to grow up seeing. Great cute book! Must have!
Renee
Young children will delight over the super adorable animal baby pictures - I was going ''awww, cute" when looking thru it!
Brent Rogers
Each letter represents a baby animal and provides high quality pictures, and also what each animal does.
Courtney
Great toddler book! Adorable and beautiful pictures. We've checked it out of the library more than once!
Moorhead Public Library
ABC ZooBorns! is filled with adorable brand-new baby zoo animals from A to Z. So unbelievably cute!
Samira
The only things missing are okapis and kinkajous!
Beverly
Cute Overload, here we come!
Kayla
** ABC ZooBorns! is a great book to use in a kindergarten class or a pre school class. it helps the kids with their alphabets and it also teaches them about different animals other than domestic animals like dogs,cats,horses, etc.

i like that the animals in the ABC book are different and animals that little kids have not heard of yet. the book doesn't have a dog or a cat it has cheetahs and hippos in it. it teaches them new animals they haven't been exposed to yet and it also teaches them their
PWRL
May 28, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-new
A
Cody
Stinkin' melt-your-face cuteness for any animal lover. Kid tested, single-dad approved.
  • Wild About You!
  • My First Day
  • Dolphin Baby!
  • Alex the Parrot: No Ordinary Bird: A True Story
  • One Two That's My Shoe!
  • Beep and Bah
  • A is for Salad
  • Llama Llama Hoppity-Hop
  • If Rocks Could Sing: A Discovered Alphabet
  • This Little Piggy
Andrew Bleiman is a lifelong animal nerd who serves on the Auxiliary Boards of the Lincoln Park Zoo and Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. In his day job he develops new media strategy for the Bradford Group.
More about Andrew Bleiman...
ZooBorns!: Zoo Babies from Around the World ZooBorns: The Newest, Cutest Animals from the World's Zoos and Aquariums ZooBorns Cats!: The Newest, Cutest Kittens and Cubs from the World's Zoos ZooBorns The Next Generation: Newer, Cuter, More Exotic Animals from the World's Zoos and Aquariums Welcome to the World, ZooBorns!