Start by marking “Dedektif Kurukafa Ateşle Oynama (Dedektif Kurukafa , #2)” as Want to Read:
Dedektif Kurukafa Ateşle Oynama (Dedektif Kurukafa , #2)

Dedektif Kurukafa Ateşle Oynama (Skulduggery Pleasant #2)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  18,880 Ratings  ·  1,029 Reviews
Valkyrie Cain ölü bedenine baktı. Soğuktu ve kıpırdamıyordu. Yine de nefes aldığını görmeyi bekledi. Ancak öylece kalakalmıştı işte. Bu beden,... bir şeydi. Valkyrienin yüzünü taşıyan bir ceset...

Derek Landy, İrlandada, Dublinde oturuyor. Zamanını yazmak ve Ninjalardan korunmak için Mançkin Ordusunu yetiştirmekle geçiriyor
Published 2010 by Artemis Yayınları (first published April 1st 2008)

Kimberley doruyter
this one shows a bit of landy's very desturbing amagination.

i love all the skulduggery pleasant books so much i can read them anytime
Cait (Paper Fury)
Woah. This series. I REALLY REALLY LIKE IT, OKAY? I may flail....but I will attempt logicalness. Because I am kind like that.

I listened to this on audio and I can't recommend it enough! It's narrated by a dude with an Irish accent and...can I say: BEST ACCENT IN THE WORLD?!! It was wonderful to listen too and the voices for different characters were perfection. It also went really fast. I listened to it all in just a few days.

These books are downright hilarious. If I can only ask for two thing
Елена
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Окей приключих я още в училище, но все още не мога да приема, че няма да продължа поредицата, защото третата книга я няма в библиотеката...ще се гладува, предвиждам го..
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This is a crazy book series, but I like that about it. A lead character who is a sorcerer whose body is skeletal. A thirteen-year-old girl who stays out all night fighting evil creatures and sends her reflection to school as a stand in. Heinous, and I do mean heinous villains who don't mind exploding people, along with psychopathic assassins with Southern accents who can dig through the ground and who have a favorite straight razor. Yup. That's what this book is about.

I think that this one is a
Amber Robertson
Honestly, it's great. What else can I say? It was enjoyable, it was fast, it was hilarious. It's basically everything I want in a story with no unnecessary romance.

I'll still write a full review for book one, but I doubt I will for every book in this series.
Pranta Ghosh Dastider
An endless night made me finish the book. Or rather it kept me awake! If you say its a young-adult, you are perhaps lowing its caliber. It doesn't shy on hardcore action, brutality, violent killings. It has a rich storyline, continues action, fun and miracle. After Harry Potter and Dresden Files, I am enjoying a series so much.

Three cheers for Derek Landy. You Rock!!
Sam
Apr 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After listening on Audio to the first book in the ‘Skulduggery Pleasant’ series I couldn’t wait to read the second. The first book was funny, magical and full of adventure, and this one also delivers all of those things. I love the soundtrack and special effect sounds on the audio book, it really sets the scene and makes the story more exciting! In the first book there were so many laugh out loud moments but I didn’t feel like there were as many in this one. I still really love the banter betwee ...more
Abby
Jul 23, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If books were food, Skulduggery Pleasant would be a chocolate-covered gummy bear.
Allow me to elaborate. At first, the idea of a chocolate-covered gummy bear sounds weird and a little gross. But in reality, although it is weird, it is completely delicious. In the same way, the idea of Skulduggery Pleasant is weird and unappealing: the hero is a skeleton sorcerer. Gross. But once you taste it, you discover how delightfully fun it is. Don't get me wrong, it isn't very good for you. In fact, consume
Gemma
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's like Doctor Who and Harry Potter had a love child
Samantha Tolleson
Dec 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Middle School
Recommended to Samantha by: Goodreads
I'm excited to be able to read this series! The first book was excellent and I have Brooks from One Piece pop into my head. I find it so humorous, because to me I can positively say that this wouldn't seem strange to me...
 photo tumblr_me33yoOlnj1qfbz1so1_500.gif

For some reason it seems that the villains are funnier than the protagonists. You're definitely in for a good laugh while reading this installment. I recommend for angsty early teens.
That's all for now.
Cheers Pretties!
Temi Panayotova
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Борбата срещу злите сили продължава и в тази част. Стефани или вече по известна като Валкирия Каин и Скълдъгъри Плезънт трябва да се изправят срещу верните на Безликите, които искат отново да ги събудят и сложат край на света. Разбира се, нашите така смели и забавни герои намират и невъзможни начини да ги победят и да спрат идването на Безликите. И разбира се това не е краят - почвам 3-тата част...
Втората част ми се стори леко по-слаба от първата, но въпреки всичко тази поредица се очертава като
Деница Райкова
Приключи и втората ми среща с детектива-скелет.
И категорично мога да кажа, че беше още по-интересна от първата. Едва ли казвам нещо ново, но понякога първата книга от една поредица, особено когато е толкова завладяваща още с първите си страници, поражда високи очаквания, които не се оправдават в следващата книга. Тук обаче, за щастие, не е така. "Да играеш с огъня" е още по-напрегната, още по-наситена и изпълнена с действие, и още по-страховита.
Едно от нещата, които много ми хареса, е бързото р
RJ McGill
Mar 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone!
Shelves: reviewed, kids
Wow - What Fun!

Moving forward in her apprenticeship to Skulduggery, Valkrie Cain (aka Stephanie Edgley) has made great strides, but has a great deal left to learn. Skulduggery's old nemesis, Baron Vengeous and his band of legendary monsters, known as the Grotesguery are determined to release the Faceless Ones and destroy the world. Of course, the oh' so cool, ultra chic, quick witted wizard stands in their way.

The story takes off when the Baron escapes from what was reportedly an inescapable pr
Totoro
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
the second book in skulduggery pleasant series :
well the story continues with some new characters, new enemies and friends, the goal of the bad guys hasn't changed, it's still raising the faceless ones :/
though that might be a little bit boring to the more mature readers, the book makes up for it by more humorous moments and comments,which reminded me a little of Terry Pratchet's works, more cliff hangers and oh my god the new bad guys , they are soo coool , skulduggery is no longer my only fav
Erik
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
FAJNOŠ LEBKOHNÁÁÁT!!!
Bože, to bolo zase niečo! Akože fakt, som si ani na chvíľu nevydýchol, Derek Landy mi jednoducho nedal šancu! Akože vôbec.
Áno, Luu mala pravdu, že je to kúsok slabšie ako jednotka, ale to len preto, že tu nie sú žiadne mindshattering odhalenia a v podstate je nám už svet známy a --vraj-- v trojke a štvroke to zasa rozbaľuje úplne šialene!
Takže ja sa idem hneď pustiť do ďalšieho dielu! To sa proste inak ani nedá.
Jovana
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What it's trying to do, it does amazingly. Fun, funny, adventurous, unusual, kick-ass characters, good vilains, everything a classically entertaining book has and so much more (also more female). No time to breathe, too, an amazing thing to have :D
I may be subjective with the stars, but i dont give a flying fuck, this was amazing :D
Valnik
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Flower

Well once again I have completed another book! While on my journey to finish watching the Clone Wars tv series so I can do a review on the Ahsoka novel, I decided to keep read- Okay, I really didn't 'decide' to do it more than I REALLY wanted to keep reading Skulduggery in the meantime until I can actually complete that. We'll see how long that takes me or if I get sucked into reading this whole series before being able to move on.

If you HAVE NOT read my first review on Skulduggery Pleasant pl
Kathryn
3.5 STARS

I enjoyed this story but not nearly as much as the first book and not nearly as much as I'd hoped. While Landy's talent as a writer is still evident, and I still love the characters of Skulduggery and Valkyrie (and some of the new ones are very interesting! I think my "favorite" is Billy Ray Sanguine), I felt this story lacked the sparkle and wit of the first one. It focused more on action sequences and less on character development and dialogue. The action sequences are well written as
Tamara
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Auch das 2. Abenteuer rund um Skulduggery Pleasant & Walküre Unruh hat mich vollends überzeugt. Derek Landy erschafft sehr unterhaltsame Geschichten. Skulduggery Pleasant ist einfach Kult und die Schurken stehen ihm in Nichts nach. 5 Sterne plus!!!
Yuli Atta
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bulgarian review

I think this one was better than the first book because there was more action and I like when I read about good battles ^^
Anyway, this series is very addictive.
Qt
Apr 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another thrilling adventure with Skulduggery, and a delicious sequel to the first :-) More freaky bad guys than you can shake a stick at, lots of action and magic, and plenty of humor made this another really fun ride. I'm looking forward to the third!
Amanda
Apr 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second time reading this and first time listening to the audiobook. I enjoyed this more than Scepter of the Ancients and can't wait to continue my reread of the Skulduggery Pleasant series!
Stef White
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic story. I look forward to it getting better and better :)
Jamieson
Feb 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stephanie Edgley has been having a rough time as of late.

After her uncle’s death, twelve-year-old Stephanie meets Skulduggery Pleasant, a fast-talking, snappy dressing detective who just happens to be a walking, talking skeleton. He tells Stephanie that she is directly descendant from the Ancients, people who used control magic.

Under Skulduggery’s tutelage, Stephanie’s skills have grown. She is an Elemental, able to control Air, Earth, Water and Fire to her will. While still not as skilled as Sk
Farhin
Dec 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even after a re-read I can still vouch for this series.

It is one of my favourite series of all time. Don't let the cover nor the supposed 'target audience' fool you. This series is unique, fast-paced and plenty violent (not even sure how the age rating at the back is 9+). The dry humour, wit and great dialogue of this book will make you laugh and cheer for the characters. The plot in itself is one of the most unique I've seen it's a shame not many have picked this up.
Even the author's dedicati
Davonp
Nov 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Davon Pritchard
11-19-10
Playing With Fire By Derek Landy
Can you imagine being a person with special powers having to fight crime every day until your life is done or if you lose it in a fight? If you do then you can imagine how Valkrie feels wanting to be like all the other kids but just knowing she can’t. Playing with fire by Derek Landy is one of the best books you will ever read about a powerful girl. Valkrie is a girl with special powers to stop crime. She can’t likes being with her best fr
Katie Brock
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
I'm giving this book 4.5/5 stars rather than 5 (will explain why) but this is still so great!

Valkyrie Cain is 13 in the second novel on the Skulduggery Pleasant series but in some places she does act like a child. I guess fighting magical beings must take its toll.

After defeating Serpine, Skul and Valkyrie face the new threat of Baron Vengeous, his shadow army and his weird Frankenestein's monster known as the Grotesquery. (Because it's disgusting)

There's also a couple of comedy villains thrown
Deborah O'Carroll
Another scary, action-packed fantasy tale in modern Dublin with Skulduggery Pleasant the skeleton detective!

But most importantly, containing numerous witty lines (by Skulduggery himself, naturally) and lots of humorous banter between him and Valkyrie, because THAT'S what I really read these books for! ;)

I don't think I liked it quite as much as the first one, but it was gripping and I find myself rather glad that it's a book instead of a movie because with a book, it's just the words and imagi
Христо Блажев
Светът пак трябва да се спасява и Валкирия Каин и Скълдъгъри Плезънт са на линия

Светът трябва да бъде спасяван непрестанно! Това си е работа на пълен работен ден, в което Валкирия Каин доста бързо се убеждава, след като прехвърля почти цялото си ежедневие на обикновено момиче върху свое огледално изображение, което поема безропотно училището и поддържането на семейния мир.
Eileen
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Playing with Fire was maybe not as good as Skulduggery's first adventure, however I absolutely enjoyed reading it.
I just love Skulduggery and Valkyrie so much.
I also like how every book is full of action and adventures, there's literally no time to take a breath and relax.
I cannot wait to read the third book in the series!
Luke De Filippis - Ms Alter 1 2 Jun 25, 2017 06:56PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #34 Playing with Fire by Derek Landy 1 1 Apr 04, 2015 08:59PM
Skulduggery Pleasant: Skulduggery Pleasant Book 2 12 32 Mar 31, 2015 06:49AM
  • Theodosia and the Staff of Osiris (Theodosia Throckmorton, #2)
  • Zero Moment (The Joshua Files, #3)
  • Mothstorm (Larklight, #3)
  • Monster Madness (Nightmare Academy #2)
  • Escape Velocity (H.I.V.E., #3)
  • Pure Dead Wicked (Pure Dead, #2)
  • The Dragon in the Driveway (Dragon Keepers, #2)
  • The Whispering Skull (Lockwood & Co., #2)
  • Timothy and the Dragon's Gate (Alex and the Ironic Gentleman, #2)
  • The Arctic Incident: The Graphic Novel (Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Jeff Corwin: A Wild Life: The Authorized Biography
  • The Bone Magician (Tales From The Sinister City, #2)
  • The Sunlight Slayings (Oliver Nocturne, #2)
  • The Curse of Deadman's Forest (Oracles of Delphi Keep, #2)
  • Winter Door (The Gateway Trilogy, #2)
  • How to Break a Dragon's Heart (How to Train Your Dragon, #8)
  • Sophie's Secret (Sophie, #2)
Derek Landy is an Irish writer and screenwriter. In addition to the bestselling children's/YA series of Skulduggery Pleasant books, a supernatural mystery series starring Skulduggery Pleasant, a skeleton detective, and Valkyrie Cain, a young female magician, he has written two screenplays that have been made into films: the IFTA award winning "Dead Bodies" and the IFTA nominated "Boy Eats Girl". L ...more
More about Derek Landy...

Skulduggery Pleasant (10 books)
  • Skulduggery Pleasant (Skulduggery Pleasant, #1)
  • The Faceless Ones (Skulduggery Pleasant, #3)
  • Dark Days (Skulduggery Pleasant, #4)
  • Mortal Coil (Skulduggery Pleasant, #5)
  • Death Bringer (Detective esqueleto, #6)
  • Kingdom of the Wicked (Skulduggery Pleasant, #7)
  • Last Stand of Dead Men (Skulduggery Pleasant, #8)
  • The Dying of the Light (Skulduggery Pleasant, #9)
  • Resurrection (Skulduggery Pleasant, #10)
“Are you going to shoot me?' Vengeous sneered. 'I wouldn't be surprised. What would a thing like you know about honor? Only a heathen would bring a gun to a sword fight.'

And only a moron would bring a sword to a gunfight.”
595 likes
“We're not retreating, we're advancing in reverse.' --Skulduggery Pleasant” 539 likes