Start by marking “Redwood Bend (Virgin River, #16)” as Want to Read:
Redwood Bend (Virgin River, #16)

Redwood Bend

(Virgin River #16)

In Virgin River, you never know what you might find around the bend in the road...

Former actor Dylan Childress left the L.A. scene behind years ago for a quiet life running an aviation company in Montana. But with business slowing down, Dylan is starting to wonder whether he should take one of the offers Hollywood keeps sending his way. He figures a motorcycle trip to Virg
Mass Market Paperback, 377 pages
Published February 28th 2012 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about Redwood Bend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redwood Bend

Start your review of Redwood Bend (Virgin River, #16)
Karla
While it’s always good to go back to Virgin River, this time I left a little disappointed. I was looking forward to this book, and while it started out well enough, it took an odd turn about halfway through.

Katie is Conner’s younger sister from Hidden Summit. She is a widow, with twin boys, and lost her husband to the war before her children were born. I was anxious to see this brave woman, with such a tragic past find true love once again. As she's making her way to reunite with her brother Co
Shawna
3 ½ stars – Contemporary Romance

I’ve got to be honest. I love this longstanding series and it’s one of my favorites; but this installment was rather bland and a little boring. Dylan acted somewhat immature and self-indulgent and the romance between him and Katie didn’t feel very genuine to me. It’s probably my least favorite of the series. I hope Sunrise Point gets things back on track.
Auntee
Aug 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
Katie Malone and her 5 year old twin boys move back to California from Vermont after being in the witness protection program. After a failed romance with a pediatric dentist that was heading nowhere, young widow Katie decides to move to Virgin River to be near her brother Connor (Hidden Summit), who has always been a strong male influence for her boys. After being without a man for five years, Katie's ready to move on and find the kind of passion that once existed with her husband, and a father ...more
♡Karlyn P♡
Not my favorite in this series, but I did enjoy it. In this book we meet two new characters in Virgin River. Katie Malone is sister to Conner, hero of Hidden Summit, and a mother of twin 5-year old boys. Dylan Childress is a struggling pilot/business man from Montana just driving through on his Harley Davidson with several buddies. We do see some of the regulars around town, but not so much beyond Jack and Paul.

After Dylan spots Katie on the side of the road and helps her with a flat tire, they
Obsidian
Dec 29, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr-2017
This was one of my least favorite books in the series. A male and female lead that were lame together and a male lead that sucked. I think Carr was going for a reformed rake story-line taking place in contemporary times, but honestly it didn’t work. And I loathe contemporary romances where the male lead is all I am only here to get laid and am not interested in a relationship and the woman is maybe I can change him. Stop it!

I wish an author would have the woman saying okay I can do that, and hav
jenjn79
Mar 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
Rating: 4.5 / 5

Yet another wonderful addition to a series that is one of my favorite romance series ever.

Series Note:
This is the 18th book in the Virgin River series. I won't say you have to read the series in order to read this book, but it is a wonderful series and I think there are definite benefits of reading it in order. However, this book can stand on it's own pretty well, probably.

Summary:
Katie Malone is traveling across country to stay in Virgin River, where her brother has settled, afte
Catherine Anderson
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a delightful read. Katie is a strong and likable woman--a good mother, a widow who overcame not only sadness but also being relocated away from her only family. Dylan leaps off the page, a realistic, well-drawn character. Kudos to Ms. Carr. I highly recommend this book!
Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish)
Single parent romance novels:

I am exactly like J.D. I get all puppy-dog excited when I find one and run to it with optimism and longing and it deftly cuts me down. I am disappointed far more often reading these than I come out liking the story.

So why do I read them time and time again? Because it's my weakness, okay! My name is Alicia and I love single dad/single guy falling in love with a single woman/single mom stories and I can't help it. So, I will continue to read them hoping beyond hope th
Carvanz
Audiobook: Narrator - Therese Plummer

After sixteen books in this series, performed by this exceptional narrator, I’m not sure there’s anything I can say that I haven’t at least tried to say. Considering the fact I’m not a writer, I think I do pretty well just getting something down about the way a book makes me feel, I am nowhere near capable of describing the sheer perfection Ms. Plummer does on every single one of these books. It’s pure delight listening to her and I’m a fan for life!

I loved
Pam Nelson
4 Redwood Bend Stars

Well for some reason I got the middle to end of book first then beginning to middle.

So since I know how it all ends because I read from Middle to end I choose not to read the beginning.

And that’s totally fine, this story was how I had hoped Katie’s journey would good from meeting her in the book prier.

I loved that she moved to be with her brother and his lady. And she has the support because twin boys can’t be easy to raise.

I loved the whole dynamic and now I know why it
Sandra Hoover
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, robyn-carr
The Virgin River is such a fantastic, low-angst romance series. It reminds me of comfort food - goes down easy & leaves you feeling good! Redwood Bend is another great addition. Highly recommended!
Regina
Redwood Bend is a solid entry in the Virgin River series. It is not the best in the series, but it has all the ingredients that make these books comforting, enjoyable and perfect to help you relax. When I started Redwood Bend I had gone through some hard days at work and this story was the perfect escape.

Redwood Bend revisits the story of Katie, Conner’s sister. We first saw Conner and Kate in Hidden Summit. Katie makes the move to Virgin River with her young twin boys and stays at the magical A
Ana
Katie Malone and Dylan Childress have absolutely nothing in common. Dylan is a child actor turned Montana rancher and pilot. Katie is a widowed mother of mischievous twins. But when fate threw them together, they saw something in each other, something that said that just maybe they could be more.

Katie needs to change her life. She spent the last few months dating a man for whom she felt no attraction (he turned out to be gay). So she packs up and heads towards Virgin River and her brother Conner
Brie
Feb 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Originally posted at Romance Around the Corner

Warning: the review contains a spoiler, it’s hidden, but I'm making sure you know about it now in case you prefer to skip the review.

One of my favorite books by Robyn Carr is A Summer in Sonoma. It’s one of her standalone books and if you haven’t read it you should because it’s wonderful. When I found out that Walt, the hero of that book, had a cameo in this book (he also makes a cameo in the previous book, Hidden Summit) I was a happy camper.

Katie M
Beanbag Love
Feb 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
A solid addition to my favorite literary soap opera.

Dylan and Katie click immediately. They have decent chemistry and sparks do fly. He doesn't want a relationship because his family's emotional commitment history is hellish and he thinks he's pretty much illiterate in that area. Katie doesn't mean to get involved with someone who says they're not interested in more than a fling, but she can't help herself.

It's a pretty good story. Subtle, calm, romantic. My biggest problem came in the middle
Splage
Aug 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Loves this series!! I am not a huge series person especially one that really makes you commit like VR. I tend to to stick with favorite authors more than series; books that come in groups and can be read as stand-alones in case I skip one so it isn't hard to catch up. This is book 18 and I still completely love it. Some are better than others, all are good to great though and I hope they never end. I feel I living in VR when I read them and these are my neighbors. Who doesn't want to be surround ...more
Anne OK
Aug 31, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
I always look forward to returning to Virgin River to catch up with all the previous characters we've come to know and love. Good to see the return of Tom Cavanaugh. I’m so happy that his book is next and I love knowing who’ll be wandering into his apple orchard in the next installment, “Sunrise Point,” to bring him his happily-ever-after.

The set up for “Redwood Bend” was good. There was a good solid story to be told. And just let me say, I had already guessed why Keith, the pediatric dentist, w
Britainy
Jan 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love Robyn Carr! Love her emotional writing and her character's heart! This book was fantastic and I never wanted it to end.

Katie and her 5 year old twin boys move cross country from Vermont to Virgin River, California to spend more time with Katie's brother, Conner. You might remember him from Hidden Summit (VR #17). Well, things go as well as any romance novel enthusiast can expect. A flat tire and rescue from a hot, Hollywood bad boy. Thanks have a nice life and everyone moves on.
MELISSA
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great series, really good narration and HEA stories that feel like real life. This book is no exception in the series of Virgin River as another couple meet and struggle and learn about each other while all around them the Virgin River characters interact warmly and sincerely as is their norm. Listening to this is like visiting a really dear, good friend.
☕️Kimberly
Dec 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
In Redwood Bend, we get to know Katie Malone and her twins better. In the last novel, Hidden Summit we met and fell in love with her brother Conner. After the danger has passed, she decides to bring her boys to Virgin River to be closer to their uncle Conner. Katie is an Army widow, and a recent encounter with her boss, has made her step back and reevaluate her non-existent love life. I loved this novel and feel in love with the characters and a new place called Payne, Montana.

On the way up the
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
This review posted on Guilty Pleasurest

RECOMMENDED READ

I was SO glad to be back in Virgin River! I did have to stop reading other stories and catch up because I was behind a few books. Being immersed in Virgin River and being with my old friends again was wonderful.

Redwood Bend is the story of Kaite and Dylan. I love Katie and Dylan and of course I want to be BFF's with Katie and all the girls in Virgin River. Katie has 5 year old twin boys and lost her husband Charlie in war. Her brother Conner
SBooks
Dec 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow, this one was great. The Virgin River books now keep a hint of the past without being buried in it. I’m always wary of a bunch of brand new characters turning up in an established series and taking over, but this one worked perfectly for me. It was funny and touching and so satisfying in the slightly surprising end.

Dylan Childress – our hero here – is a washed up child star, who is very happy to be out of the business, even if his family still surround him, trying to cling to the remnants
Nath
Dec 24, 2011 rated it liked it
KathyB
I love this series, unfortunately this one fell short for me. It had so many things I normally like, in the end I just didn't connect with the main characters. I normally enjoy all of the side stories and the extended Virgin River community, catching up with old favorites is part of the charm. I didn't feel the same connection with this one, something was missing.

Overall it was just okay. I won't be re-reading but I'm still planning on finishing the series. Hopefully the next one will be better
Maida

Instalust but also slow burn into love. I liked that Dylan was very upfront about his temporary stay in Virgin River yet he kept postponing his departure because of Katie. I like that he was great with her kids. Overall, I like him better than Katie. She was okay at the start but she did a little bit of deception and distrusted Dylan because of tabloid rumors. He worked harder in the relationship than she did.
suzy
I have loved The Virgin River series, the first theee books are my favourite after that it has to be Jillian’s book. Loved this one, better than Hidden Summit, which only got four stars. Started the series in 2017, It will be quite sad when the series comes to an end, but these are books you could re- read many times. I have two left in the Thunder Point series, but I read them so long ago, I think I’ll start from the beginning again after Virgin River. This author, along with Marie Force has be ...more
Delta
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jenny
May 04, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: usa, romance
Redwood Bend is book sixteen in the Virgin River series by Robyn Carr. Dylan Childress, is aviation company in Montana, is in financial trouble. A friend from Hollywood at the time of his acting career want him to come back to L.A. Not sure what to do, Dylan decided to go on a motorcycle trip to the Virgin River with his friends to decide what to do. On the way to the campsite, the group encountered Katie Malone on the side of the road trying to change a flat tyre. However, for Katie and Dylan, ...more
Julianna
Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Contemporary Small Town Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
Redwood Bend is book #16 in Robyn Carr’s long-running Virgin River series. I’ve been happy to get back to Virgin River this year and work on catching up. It’s always like revisiting old friends. In this book, we have Katie, the sister of Connor from the previous book, Hidden Summit, paired with Dylan, an ex-movie star, who’s just passing through town until Katie catches his eye. They meet up on the road outside Virgin River when Katie’s SUV has a flat tire and Dylan and h
Marleen
Apr 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: robyn-carr
Surprisingly more delightful than I anticipated, Redwood Bend takes us again to that wonderful little North Californian town of Virgin River. This is actually the 18th instalment in the series, and while I’ve read about 14 or so books of the series, I honestly feel that Robyn Carr has been making a bigger effort with this one, finally creating more layers and depth to her characters, all the while keeping it sweet and cute, and giving it that "Virgin River" magic.
I’ve said this before but I thi

• That Holiday Feeling (Virgin River, #7.5; Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Feels Like Family (The Sweet Magnolias #3)
  • Welcome to Serenity (The Sweet Magnolias #4)
  • the hero by robin carr
  • Sweet Tea at Sunrise (The Sweet Magnolias #6)
  • A Slice of Heaven (The Sweet Magnolias #2)
  • Home in Carolina (The Sweet Magnolias #5)
  • Catching Fireflies (The Sweet Magnolias, #9)
  • Honeysuckle Summer (The Sweet Magnolias #7)
  • Midnight Promises (The Sweet Magnolias, #8)
  • Where Azaleas Bloom (The Sweet Magnolias, #10)
  • Stealing Home (The Sweet Magnolias #1)
  • The Vineyard at Painted Moon
  • As Deep As The Ocean (Vaquita Beach #1)
  • Swan Point (The Sweet Magnolias #11)
  • It's In His Christmas Wish  (Red River Valley, #7)
  • Snowfall at Moonglow (Moonglow Christmas Book 5)
  • Second Chance Girl (Happily Inc, #2)
See top shelves…
Robyn Carr is a RITA® Award-winning, eleven-time #1 New York Times bestselling author of almost sixty novels, including the critically acclaimed Virgin River series. The fourth novel, THE BEST OF US, in her fan-favorite Sullivan's Crossing Series was released in Jan. 2019. Robyn's new women's fiction novel THE VIEW FROM ALAMEDA ISLAND, released in April 2019, deputed on four bestseller lists: The ...more

Virgin River (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Virgin River (Virgin River, #1)
  • Shelter Mountain (Virgin River, #2)
  • Whispering Rock (Virgin River, #3)
  • A Virgin River Christmas (Virgin River, #4)
  • Second Chance Pass (Virgin River, #5)
  • Temptation Ridge (Virgin River, #6)
  • Paradise Valley (Virgin River, #7)
  • Forbidden Falls (Virgin River, #8)
  • Angel's Peak (Virgin River, #9)
  • Moonlight Road (Virgin River, #10)