Start by marking “Three Bedrooms, One Corpse” as Want to Read:
Three Bedrooms, One Corpse

Three Bedrooms, One Corpse

(Aurora Teagarden #3)

Aurora "Roe" Teagarden had always worked for a living, until an unexpected legacy gave her the money to quit her librarian job. Now, with time on her hands, she decides to try selling real estate. Her mother, after all, is Lawrenceton's premier real estate agent, giving Roe a head start on this new career.

But at her first house showing, Roe discovers the naked corpse of a
Mass Market Paperback, 231 pages
Published March 4th 2008 by Berkley (first published March 23rd 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Three Bedrooms, One Corpse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Bedrooms, One Corpse

Start your review of Three Bedrooms, One Corpse
Cindy Heaton
Jun 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: swapped
This series is consistently getting 3 stars from me. It's a quick, fun read and a good cleansing book that I don't have to concentrate on to hard. I still think Aurora is kind of unfeeling and pretty selfish at times. I did enjoy this book much better than the the second one where the romance was really flat. She sure does go through the guys for someone who doesn't date much!
Blake
Feb 25, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Daiva
Jan 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
To describe this in one sentence, I would say: for someone who describes herself as barely having any social life or relationships, Aurora can’t seem to be able to spend her days without a man, in this case, after breaking up with one – another one comes along.

Fun fact! I have just found out that the first two books were written before I was even born. Somehow this makes it even better for me. I’m not sure why, but it does.

Fun fact! Apparently there are some movies that aired on the Hallmark
Wanda
Read to fill the “Cozy Mystery” square for 2107 Halloween Bingo.

I wonder if Aurora Teagarden was in some ways a practice run by Charlaine Harris for her Sookie Stackhouse character? They’re both small town girls, seemingly not outstanding in any sense, feeling that life is passing them by. Both of them are attracted to dangerous men. Both of them take unreasonable risks for those men.

Also like Sookie, Aurora changes male partners fairly frequently. I was glad to see the pastor get the boot in
Elle's Book Blog
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
I thought this one was great! It was fun to watch Roe fall hopelessly in love, even if there was a point where he was suspected of murder. I look forward to the 4th book, which I will be reading soon.
Shorty
Richard Cardenas
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Maybe the fourth one will be better? probably not lol I'm going to take the fourth one back to the library and I might pick it up again eventually. I still enjoyed the first two books and I still think Charlaine is an awesome writer.
Karen ⊰✿
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: towerteamsvi
Aurora is a great character. She is smart, curious and a fantastic friend. So when a local realtor is found dead in a sale home, she can’t help but try and solve the mystery.
Added to this book is a new romance angle with the meeting of Aurora and Martin being an almost “love at first sight” but written in a way that had me laughing. (Not soppy or sugary sweet!) Martin is such an interesting character, but we really know nothing about him. Can’t wait to find out more in book four :)
Judy
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes it pays to read several books in a series before deciding not to read more. I didn't care much for the first book in this series, and thought I wouldn't read any more. However, I forgot about that and listened to the second book--now I'm hooked. Aurora Teagarden has become an interesting character that I want to follow. In this book she once again gets involved in a mystery as she finds a corpse in a house she is showing. Her love life takes an interesting turn, too; so I am looking ...more
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
I pretty much forgot everything about the first two books in this series over the years, but didn't remember them overly impressive. Now this one I definitely enjoyed - Martin is a dreamboat and I loved the twists and turns on a personal level. The mystery is bizarre but Roe isn't actively solving or discovering anything, so it feels like a side story until the ending when a solution pops up. The book does have her house hunting and other stuff so some may see this as downtime, but Harris tends ...more
Rick
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Harris does what she does best here--gives us a lovable, flawed, yet charming character in Aurora Teagarden, whom we can root for, identify with, and, most importantly, care about. The mystery is a fun, cozy romp. I'll read more in this series.
Beth
Oct 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this Author, but I thought this book was average.
Michelle
Roe is definitely growing on me. I am enjoying her story, and am ready to read more.
Julie
This was the third in the Teagarden series.
Aurora is asked to show a house for her mother. While walking through the house with the newcomers, they discover the body of a rival real estate agent.
The only good thing to come from the situation was that Aurora met Martin. The two of them practically fall in love at first sight.
But, despite Roe's love life changing for the better ( at least it appears that way), the whole town is on edge. When another murder takes place, Roe starts to take action.
I
Cassi aka Snow White Haggard
Are the heroines in mystery books always THIS STUPID? Because I'm smart but not like genius smart, and compared to me, Roe is a dumb-bum. At least that's how I felt by the end of this book.

Seriously DO NOT CHASE DANGER. DO NOT BREAK INTO A MURDERERS HOUSE. CALL THE DAMN POLICE!

Also this book made me feel like I'd been banished to adverb hell for awhile. The dialogue tags almost always had an adverb to explain further what the words meant (because apparently understanding the words themselves
Shelley
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Too many inconsistencies with this one. I might be over this series now...
Siobhan
It’s the same old same old with this one, and it’s safe to say I will not be continuing on with the series.

I feel as though we spend our time reading about the character’s love life and ignoring everything else. A love life, might I add, which seems to go against the character of Roe. It’s as though Harris had one idea in mind for her character yet decided things would be more interesting if she went in a different direction. Through trying to get these things to match up the mystery in the
Magpie67
Aug 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
Another light and entertaining cozy mystery by Charlaine Harris. 3rd in the series and not my last one to read. Aurora Teagarden is a delightful character who seems to attract murder and mayhem in her life. She also has a knack for solving the crime in a simple yet elegant way. Thumbs up for this series!
Heather Gilbert
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
The more I read this series, the more I enjoy it. This was a fun one to try to figure out.
quinnster
Mar 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short and sweet! Aurora has much going on in this installment by Charlaine Harris.
Nancy Ellis
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another light and enjoyable adventure with Aurora Teagarden. I enjoy the humor the author manages to include to give us laughs throughout the story. The most entertaining part of this book is the cat's visit to the vet!
Mary
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I started reading this book I thought it was the first book in this series, I was shocked to find out it was number 3. Now I need to go back to amazon and get the first two books. I hate reading a series in the middle and not knowing there are two others that need my attention.

My small grandson was very tired on Thursday night when I was reading this book. He wanted me to read it to him so he could go to sleep, well I had gotten past the parts that he would not understand and were not good
Cheryl
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aurora Teagarden is trying to decide if she wants to go in to her mother's real estate business by going with her to house showings. The first showing they find a dead woman in a bedroom, which proves that it has something to do with the real estate world. Aurora gets involved in helping solve the murder and her new relationship. An interesting book in the Teagarden series.
Karen B.
January 2018 was my second reading of this. I decided to re-read it because I am going through the Aurora Teagarden mysteries.
Aurora is trying her hand at real estate, working for her mother. On her first showing she discovers a body. A second real estate agent is murdered and Aurora is out to find the identity of the murderer.
She also meets Martin Bartel in this book and immediately sparks fly and there is chemistry between the two.
Finding these two bodies is one of the things that turns
Dawn
Apr 11, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun, southern cozy. While the movies based on this series are airing on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries, the novels and movies differ enough that it is still worthwhile to read the novels as well...especially for us die hard Charlaine Harris fans! As a librarian myself, I particularly enjoy a mystery series with a librarian as the detective. Ms. Harris's little touches of southern culture add to the warm fuzzy feeling of this novel. Recommended for any fan of cozy mysteries.

description
Anna
Jul 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don't know how I somehow managed to skip rating/marking the second book as read?! This series is a fast read, Roe is kind of a weirdo (and not that likeable sometimes - almost like a stone age Sookie Stackhouse negative 2.0!), and I think I like the movies on Hallmark's Movies & Mysteries Channel better than the books...which I feel like a traitor admitting. But there it is, not that I won't read them all anyways.
Jim
Jun 12, 2009 rated it liked it
Better than the first two, but the mystery was deeper & wrapped up a little to fast. There was too much explanation at the end, not enough investigation. Found the killer & they spewed all, wrapping it all up too neatly. Otherwise, it was a better book. The characters are better developed & the writing seems tighter.
Margaret
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cute-crime
In the third Aurora Teagarden mystery, Aurora is trying out working in real estate with her mother. When showing a house to a perspective client, they find the body of another real estate agent.

It's all fun and games from then on, with more bodies, a new boyfriend for Roe, not to mention danger.

I am really loving this series. Book 4 is on order at the library.
Cathy
Dec 20, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
I fiddled around with this for three days and progressed to page 42. It just didn't interest me at all. It's not the Charlaine Harris I came to love through her Sookie Stackhouse books. Well, perhaps that's the problem: no vampires in this one. I decided there is no point with continuing this book, if I have to talk myself into picking it up.
Anastasia
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three Bedrooms, One Corpse by Charlaine Harris is the 3rd book in the Aurora Teagarden mystery series. Aurora shows a house for her real estate agent mother and finds the corpse of a rival agent in the bedroom. An enjoyable interesting cozy mystery. Great characters and a good story. The main fault is the silly risk that Aurora takes to unmask the killer, almost getting herself killed.

• Garage Sale Stalker (Garage Sale Mysteries, #1)
  • Garage Sale Diamonds (Garage Sale Mysteries, #2)
  • Plum Pudding Murder (Hannah Swensen, #12)
  • Fudge Cupcake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #5)
  • Peach Cobbler Murder (Hannah Swensen, #7)
  • Strawberry Shortcake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #2)
  • Garage Sale Riddle (Garage Sale Mysteries, #3)
  • Blueberry Muffin Murder (Hannah Swensen, #3)
  • Key Lime Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #9)
  • Lemon Meringue Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #4)
  • Sugar Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #6)
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #1)
  • Carrot Cake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #10)
  • Apple Turnover Murder (Hannah Swensen, #13)
  • Cream Puff Murder (Hannah Swensen, #11)
  • On What Grounds (Coffeehouse Mystery, #1)
  • Booked for Trouble (Lighthouse Library Mystery #2)
  • Cherry Cheesecake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #8)
Charlaine Harris has been a published novelist for over thirty-five years. A native of the Mississippi Delta, she grew up in the middle of a cotton field. Charlaine lives in Texas now, and all of her children and grandchildren are within easy driving distance.

Though her early output consisted largely of ghost stories, by the time she hit college (Rhodes, in Memphis) Charlaine was writing poetry

Aurora Teagarden (10 books)
  • Real Murders (Aurora Teagarden, #1)
  • A Bone to Pick (Aurora Teagarden, #2)
  • The Julius House (Aurora Teagarden, #4)
  • Dead Over Heels (Aurora Teagarden, #5)
  • A Fool and His Honey (Aurora Teagarden, #6)
  • Last Scene Alive (Aurora Teagarden, #7)
  • Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden, #8)
  • All the Little Liars (Aurora Teagarden, #9)
  • Sleep Like a Baby (Aurora Teagarden, #10)
“Why was it librarians had such a prim image? With all the information available in books right there at their fingertips, librarians could be the best-informed people around. About anything.” 17 likes
“A place isn’t really yours until you clean it.” 5 likes