Start by marking “Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland, #1)

Wildest Dreams

(Fantasyland #1)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  26,300 ratings  ·  2,164 reviews
Seoafin “Finnie” Wilde was taught by her parents that every breath was a treasure and to seek every adventure she could find. And she learns this lesson the hard way when they perish in a plane crash. But she never forgets and when she discovers there is a parallel universe where every person has a twin, she finds a witch who can send her there so she can have the adventur ...more
Published August 15th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Wildest Dreams, please sign up.
Ⓐⓢⓗⓛⓔⓨ Maybe try Radiance by Grace Draven or The Bird and The Sword by Amy Harmon or Three Wishes by KA though those have tamer sexy times, but the love and …moreMaybe try Radiance by Grace Draven or The Bird and The Sword by Amy Harmon or Three Wishes by KA though those have tamer sexy times, but the love and fantasy aspect is spot on and beautiful.(less)
Theresa Culbertson Listening to the audiobook and Seoafin is pronounced as "See-o-a-fin" (long O, short A). Not sure about the other yet.

·  26,300 ratings  ·  2,164 reviews

Start your review of Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland, #1)
Lauren (Shakespeare & Whisky)
This is actually a decent book if you don't mind causal homophobia and accidental sexism.

description

Personally, I fucking hated it.

description

Leaving aside the derivative, unoriginal title and world (Fantasyland are you fucking kidding me?), and the TSTL MC lets talk about the big elephant in the room.

Drakkar

The male love interest. He is a bossy, controlling asshole who constantly pins the MC down and won't let her move, interrupts her and makes major life decisions on her behalf.

To the girls that think this is h
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

BR with my peeps at: Buddies Books and Baubles

Specifically: Robin (Bridge Four) , Stephanie, and Chrissy. ALSO, it's all my fault. *preens*

SO. If we're Goodreads friends, you probably already know this (if we're not, you soon will): I LOVE Kristen Ashley.

LOVE her.

About three years ago I stumbled across one of her books on Amazon, one-clicked it, read it, and then . . . read every, single one of her other 40(ish) books, back-to-back. It took about a month, but
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
I know you're judging me lol!

What the hell is wrong with this woman??? I really don't know lol!

DNF @ 25% No Rating

Once again, I don't like a book that everyone else loves. I feel so inadequate. It's really a matter of personal preference. To be quite honest I'm full of shit, I don't like certain characteristics in the books I read.

In this book there were two:
1. Information overload, I don't want to know what colour the dot on the carpet is. I don't want to know what the heroine made for supper a
Bibi
Sep 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ Chapter 10

I skimmed, I skipped, I jumped.
Imagine my surprise when after the skims-skips-jumps, I saw "Chapter 10". What? That's it? Ho boy!

I freaking lost it.
Awesome, it wasn't.

Really, it was really not cool. Freaking un-awesome/un-cool/un-whatever.

Chapter 10 of 32?
And then, I said, "Bibi, you must not do a DNF"
And I said, "Bibi, what will people think? And what about Finnie's clothes? The ice-blue gown with the bell sleeves? Then, the cloak- picked for its warmness(?)- and all the plat
Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮ by: Sh3lly
I just don't think Kristen Ashley and I are going to get along.

I nearly rage quit this book three times. I will try not to use all caps in this review, but I make no promises.

Spoilers abound. I'm not tagging them, so read further at your own risk.

The first time I nearly quit this book was when Frey, our hero, straight out told his wife he was willing to cheat on her with his former lover. Oh! And when after saying this, she didn't respond to him being all handsy, he got upset about her DARING
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 Ho Boy stars

“She waits for me at windows and buys me dragons. There are reasons we walk this earth, I’m coming to realize mine.”

Wow. I mean, wow. I did not expect this book to be as wonderful as it is. I love Kristen Ashley. I know that 99% of the time I can read one of her books and love it. Admitting that, I can now say I was extremely skeptical that KA, queen of contemporary romance, could pull off a fantasy book.

So I need to go and eat myself some humble pie. Because this shit was
Christy
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Christy by: Anna
5 Wee One stars!

photo af73df30-583e-4d21-be08-293cb26c15b5_zps2ad04495.jpg

I’m not a huge fantasy reader. I don’t mind reading it every now and then, but it is not my genre of choice. Wildest Dreams makes me want to change that! I wasn’t sure what to expect with this one, but I loved this book! Oh Frey... he was just amazing!!! And Finnie was pretty great too!

Are you ready... to be transported to another world? A world where most everyone has a ‘twin’? Finnie is spending a lot of money to have a witch transport her to this world for a year. She wil
Candace
Every once in awhile, I crave a story with an over-the-top Alpha and a sassy heroine. I know that I can always count on Kristen Ashley to deliver when I'm in a "caveman" sort of mood. Her heroes are always uber-masculine and about as far from metrosexual as you can get. Though what they lack in sensitivity, they make up for in pure, primal sex appeal.

True to form, 'Wildest Dreams' did not disappoint on any of those fronts. In fact, travelling to this alternate universe felt much like travelling
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Well, I drooled my way through all of Kristen Ashley's non-pnr/non-fantasy books and then, in dire need of a KA fix because no matter how fast the woman writes, it isn't fast enough, I decided to bite the bullet and give this series a try.

I am so glad I did.

If you have any doubts, if you find your ass planted firmly on the fence of indecision, stop. Just hop your ass down off that fence and read them. They're different than the non-pnr/non-fantasy books, that's true, but so, so good none-the-les
Norah Una Sumner
Sep 07, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who think that the name Finnie is better than Seoafin
HAHHAHA IT'S SO FUNNY TO HAVE A FEMALE PROTAGONIST WHO SPEAKS AND ACTS LIKE A TEN YEAR OLD HAHAHAH

The writing is weird. The characters are weird. The length of this book is weird as well, as it could've been 200 pages shorter. The whole atmosphere is weird as fuck. But... above all, the female protagonist, Finnie, is dumb as hell. I have no words that would describe how I've felt while I read her silly conversations. Every little thing she does is described to the smallest details. Who the fu
Stacey is Sassy
IT’S FRIDAY NIGHT…PARTY NIGHT!!!

I don’t know what I’m more excited about…finishing and LOVING Wildest Dreams or starting The Golden Dynasty. They’re both awesome but doing them one straight after the other WITH a glass of champers in my hand and it’s FRIDAY makes it monumentally AWESOMER!!

Now, before I go on with this review, it’s going to be extremely spoilerish because I feel the need…the need to dish.

(If you don’t want to read this spoilerish review, exit stage right)

OMG!!

I think I need my
Penny
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

"You, everything about you is beyond my wildest dreams.”

Such a beautifully fantastical story. Loved it.

I can't wait to keep reading this series!

The Winter Wonderland of Lunwyn

Dragons
Dragons

This was great.
Blacky *Romance Addict*
I. Am. Addicted. And I don't want to be cured XD I don't think I'll be able to stop myself untill I read every single one of KA's books :) This one was a delight! I loved the way it got straight to the point even in the first chapter, she goes to the alternate universe and finds herself in a biiiig mess XD and it just keeps getting bigger :) Loved Frey (beautiful name <3 ), the story was never boring, always something going on, and that something was always great XD A big recomendation even for ...more
Aestas Book Blog
May 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Elves and dragons and hot guys, OH MY!!

Well we all know that KA is the one of the queens of contemporary romance books, but it turns out she’s just the queen of romance books in general cuz her fantasy book was pretty freaking awesome too!

It was fun, adventurous and romantic . Filled with palaces, balls, adventures, sea voyages… thrones to be won, assassination attempts, betrayals, political plots, battles, kidnappings, executions, oh, and did I mention romance? Much swoony romance!

There is
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Wow, I didn’t know what I was getting into when I saw the audible deal of 2 books with 1 credit. Wildest Dreams and book 2 were an option so I quickly grabbed both books. For me, Kristen Ashley, books are so long that I prefer to listen to them and this book was no exception.

WILDEST DREAMS is GOT meets Parent Trap!

Actually, I could also throw in Outlander with the whole parallel universe thing happening. While I’m at it I could even say it had the feel of the Disney movie, Frozen, with all the
Jennifer Kyle
”This adventure was totally worth a million dollars. Totally.”

[image error]

Kristen Ashley delivered the story of modern day Finnie who pays one million dollars to go to another world (where we all have a twin) to spend time with her deceased parents, whom she misses greatly.

”Although the twin will look like the other, sound like the other, they are not the other but two separate beings.”

Her "twin" agrees to the switch and she is in fact a princess and once the transformation takes place
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

I went into Wildest Dream with low expectations. Kristen Ashley and Fantasy? A parallel universe which is inhabited by doppelgangers of most people in our world? I just didn't see it. Now imagine my surprise when this turned out to be a delightful, well-plotted and developed story with magic, dragons, elves and two wonderful main characters I fell in love with in the blink of an eye.

Rich, young, beautiful heiress loves adventure just as much as her late parents who die
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
OMG I LOVED IT <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 REVIEW TO COME TOMORROW!!

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
2.5 stars. Brain candy for alpha guy romance novel lovers, with a glossy veneer of fantasy. I have to admit that I read the Kindle sample and totally got sucked in, enough that I actually paid $4 for this book. But this one is best left to romance readers who like sexytimes with take-charge guys and don't mind much if they make a few serious douche moves.

Seoafin Wilde, who goes by Finnie, has deeply missed her parents since they died in a plane crash when she was a teen. When a witch finds Finni
Robin (Bridge Four)
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Immortals After Dark, Lovers of Over the Top Alphas
On sale $0.99 as of 6/11/16 Here

Romantasy (Romance + Fantasy) at it's best.

Buddy reading with a few of my Buddies Books and Baubles friends.

I blameThank Jessica and along for the ride are also Stephanie and Chrissy

I have to pace myself with KA books because I really have a difficult time doing anything else once I start one. She takes things that should upset me and make me roll my eyes and instead I'm flipping pages wanting to find out what happens next and then when I'm done I go back and re
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Third re-read: 16.03.2020
This book is actually quite interesting. Sure, there's overloaded with information - which I did skim - and Finnie annoyed the crap out of me with her use of words, acting like a child, but it's still somewhat what I would call good. It's not great, book two in the series is better, but this one is definitely worth reading. But yeah, I did skim the information, and mostly focusing on Frey and Finnie's relationship. Wish there was more about the dragons though...
New R
Anna
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazing !!!! Magical !!!! I absolutely loved every minute of this book !!! Did Frey just displace my number one KA alpha Hawk !???ummmm yesss !!!!! I loved him !!! I want to be his wee one❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

My Frey ~

My Finnie ~ his Little One

Onto the next book ❤️❤️❤️❤️ mind blowing review to come ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Oct 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
5 FREYTASTIC STARS

What a MAGICAL book. A lot of people don't think that they would enjoy a fantasy book, and therefore haven’t given this series a chance, but I think that you would be missing out if you skipped this fantastic book by Kristen Ashley. The world she has created is incredible and majestic. KA has taken a 21st century girl and thrown her in an incredible parallel universe that makes you think, “ WOW, Kristen Ashley's imagination is fan-freaking-tastic.” I mean, the fact that sh
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, dragons
4.5 stars rounded to 4.

So. I really liked Finnie. And of course I loved Frey. (Which BTW, is a strange name for a man).

Now, some readers might find Frey's antiquated notions annoying. But, I look at it from his POV and it's the way he's been brought up, it's what's expected, and when he met Finnie, he wasn't in love with her. So when she went ballistic on him for sleeping with a maid YEARS ago, I was kinda like... hmmm... girl, if you were dating a guy in your world, pretty sure you wouldn't be
Sara
Aug 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy-romance

Finnie’s adventurous heart and deep love for her deceased parents bring her to Valentine’s doorstep. Valentine is a powerful, modern day witch from New Orleans who communes with people from parallel worlds. For a million dollars she offers Finnie the chance to travel to another dimension and switch places with her twin Sjofn. Finnie’s only thought is to reunite with her parents twins who are alive and well in this new world. She is so desperate to see them again, even if they won’t really be her
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (SLOW)
I absolutely loved the book !! Even before picking this book up I just knew ...another KA paranormal was definatly going to be a another ahmazing adventure ...!

“It was beyond anything I could have wished it to be. You are, my wee Finnie, beyond my wildest dreams.”

description

I loved the freshness of the characters...the twists in the plot...n even the rare simplicity and innocence tht KA's new female lead...Finnie...holds.

Yes there were a few slow parts....n yes they were DEFINATLY parts were I really Was
Jacqueline's Reads
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio
4.5 Dragon Stars

EVERYONE has been telling me to read this series. I’ll admit, I judged on the cover and storyline. It seems PRETTY out there, but Kristen Ashley usually wins with me so I went in.

I did the audio version of this book. I usually don’t like long audio books, this one was 18 hours, but I couldn’t “read” this book and I also needed an easy book to listen to while I work. I’m really glad I went with the audio version. I could pick it up whenever I needed to and I never felt lost. It to
Patrycja

Release Date: August 15th, 20122
Rating: 4.5 stars
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

Wildest Dreams is like a book that was perfectly written for me. From perfectly well thought magical world to the intense, sensual love story with delicious alpha male, Kristen Ashley made me fall in love with her writing. It’s like my wildest book dream came true.

Kristen Ashley delivered exceptionally sexy, romantic fantasy
Kirsten
4.5 wee stars!

photo image.jpg1_zps9aplovat.jpg

There are one of 3 things I do when trying to get out of a book funk:
a) Reread a favorite
b) attempt a new/different genre
or
c) hope there is a book by one of my favorite authors that I haven't read yet.

I hit the jackpot when picking this book, which fell under both the b and c category.
Leave it to Kristen Ashley to have me love something that was out of my typical genre.

I'm pretty much a fantasy virgin, so I hope I can do this book justice.

Always one to dive first into an
✰ Liz ✰
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ho boy I enjoyed this read!

Kristen Ashley is such a gifted author. Her books are full action; suspense, romance, and her characters leap from the pages of the book and come to life. After reading all of her modern pieces of work (all of the books that are based on our world), I was a bit tentative to dig into her works on the fantasy world. What a shocking surprise Wildest Dream turned out to be! So if you are on the fence, don’t wait download this entire series today!

description

Finnie is a wealthy, sin
YA Buddy Readers'...: Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland #1) by Kristen Ashley - Starting November 15th 2019 7 10 Nov 13, 2019 05:01PM
Is it a good book? 24 176 Sep 20, 2018 05:01AM
Turning Pages At ...: Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland #1) by Kirsten Ashley 51 21 Oct 04, 2017 07:16AM
Kristen Ashley Books 2 9 Aug 19, 2017 07:40AM
Kristen Ashley Ad...: Wildest Dreams (Book #1) (Spoilers Possible) 147 990 Nov 08, 2016 06:30AM