Start by marking “The Father's Love: Amid a Frantic Search for His Son, a Father Finds His Faith” as Want to Read:
The Father's Love: Amid a Frantic Search for His Son, a Father Finds His Faith

The Father's Love: Amid a Frantic Search for His Son, a Father Finds His Faith

The drive home seemed to be endless. My mind was a battleground of extremes. Ideas of what to do next to help find David seemed to constantly flood my thinking. Yet the negative side, thinking the worst of what might have happened to my son, was always occupying my mind. Though sleep was dearly needed, it was not welcomed, for even in sleep I was tormented. Confronting dep ...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Tate Publishing & Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about The Father's Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Father's Love

Dave Moore
Aug 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I do not, and probably never will consider myself a writer. What I am is a person with an amazing story. The events of my book "The Father's Love" changed not only my life but also my whole family. We went from never going to church to completely sold out to Jesus Christ and in ministry. Real solutions bring real change is how my Pastor stated it. Faith in Jesus is a real solution. In rating this book a 5 stars I am saying it is not because of me but because this story is really about God's glor ...more
Nancee
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A life altering true story!

On a routine Friday evening Dave Moore's life was drastically altered. His son David, was a freshman at Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti, Michigan. He had an on-campus job and often came home late after work or playing basketball. That evening Dave's wife discovered a letter. David was gone. His letter explained that he was struggling desperately in school, and although he had tried to turn things around, his frustration was unbearable. In a postscript David ex
Holly Michael
Jun 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A sucker for any book that reveals God’s love for His people, and in honor of Father’s Day (Sunday, June 17), I contacted Dave Moore and explained that I wanted to read The Father’s Love and review it on my blog. Dave graciously and immediately sent me a copy via email.

With The Father’s Love (published by Tate Publishing & Enterprises) downloaded on my Kindle, I sat one evening and began to read. I didn’t quit until I finished the book. It was impossible to stop. Almost impossible to breath.
Gail Welborn
May 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews

This gift-sized true story, short enough to read in one setting has been compared to the parable of the “Prodigal Son” found in the “New Testament’s Gospel of Luke.” Although the story of Dave’s son and the “Prodigal Son” share similarities, I felt Dave’s account as a father was more about how he found God in his search for his son than that of the prodigal son.

Because Dave, a father who never knew the Lord, came to plead with a God he wasn’t sure existed for his beloved son’s safety and return
Amy Gatliff
Nov 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
What an awesome true story of what love really is...action and not merely words! This father's love for his son was displayed by his actions when his son went missing. Throughout the pages, we read of his perseverance in the midst of uncertainty. Also, a wonderful testimony of how God answers prayer and changes lives!
The Power to Never Give UpAmy Gatliff
Kelly
Nov 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
"The Father's Love" a true story, is one that really tugged at my heart. You feel like you are right there with Dave, feeling his pain and frustration as he searches for his son. Doing everything he knows to do...yet feeling so helpless. Finally reaching out to God, he gets more than what he asks for! Reading about how God moves and works in people's lives is always inspiring to me. I think you will be inspired too.
Amanda Beth
Nov 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Truly amazing story! I couldn't put the book down. I finished it in one night. You will not walk away from this book unmoved. There is so much in just a short book. It blew me away. Amazing testimony! God blessed the Moore family abundantly! Wow!
Jeannie Walker
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I wish I had a mom and dad like Dave did, although my parents were similar in that they were a poor farming family. Dad grew up in an orphans home and never learned how to say, "I Love You", but he and I were close. As for my mom - she showed me many times how much she did not love me, but in fact hated me. But, somehow I always knew I had the love of my Father, God Almighty and my best friend growing up and even now is Jesus Christ.
As for this book "The Father's Love", I really liked reading it
c g
Apr 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes God orchestrates a symphony while all we hear is our life crashing around us.
This book will make you want to retrace the hand of God in your own life...You will be surprised by some the places you will see him in your past!
How amazing that he would move on our behalf in such a way that we can literally recount moment by moment the timing and placement of His hand.'
I needed to be reminded of those times in my own life, and I needed to be encouraged that in the vulnerability of parentin
Kelly
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a very special book for me. I left my parents house to find home for myself almost eight years ago now. I found it when I got off a bus at the very Greyhound station that David arrives at when he comes home. Mine is a different story but God's hand was very much in it. I moved from the east coast to my home here in Michigan by myself, with little money, using Greyhound buses as a very petite young woman. I was always kept safe. I found the home I always prayed for after five months in t ...more
Liz Linssen
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
A real picture into the loving heart of a father. It reminded me of the father in Luke 15 who searched for his lost son and who rejoiced when he came home. Dave Moore's story is touching and will uplift your faith in a God who wonderfully answers prayer. A recommended read.
Lesley Sears
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A truly inspiring book. For those times when you need Spiritual Inspiration this book will warm your heart.

We all have different journeys to God and Dave’s journey through losing his son, seeking after his son, and then ultimately finding his son again is a beautiful analogy of God’s love for us. Often God “loses” us (if even for a season), He continually seeks after us, and He longs to find us again. And when He does find us…OOOH WHEE what a celebration we have!!

We all, sons and daughters of
Janie  R.
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction

A very inspirational read! This story made me think how I would feel if something like what happen in this story, would happen to my son. It is about a father who never loses hope, and a search that turns out to have an amazing transformation for him.
Katherine
An amazing story. I couldn't put it down. I read it straight through.
Angelique Fon-Cox
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is a powerful story that I highly recommend, not just for father's but for mother's and young adults as well. The story grasps hold of the reality of how quickly your life can change within a single heartbeat of time and then takes you on a journey that will keep you eagerly turning each page, unable to put it down.

You will feel all of the fear, anger, frustration, confusion and joy that the author-also the father in the book, experienced. I love this story because it not just a tale t
Margaret
Nov 17, 2015 rated it liked it
A vivid and sweet book that describes the author's frantic search for his college aged son, who (voluntarily) goes missing. Very sweet with no holds barred. The faith of both father and son was strengthened - we often do not appreciate the depth of our treasures and gifts, including family, until it goes missing. A lovely story.
Sheryl Griffin
Christian Goodrea...: The Father's Love by Dave Moore 2 10 Nov 20, 2012 05:46PM
Authors Lounge: Website 1 7 Jul 17, 2012 12:30PM
Christian Authors...: Website 1 5 Jul 17, 2012 12:29PM
https://www.facebook.com/dave.moore.7169 http://www.thefatherslovebook.com/
It is a Friday in early December. Dave and Dorinda arrive home and find a letter on their son David's bed. The letter describes how David is failing his freshman year of college and how not being able to face them with his failure is leaving on a bus. They know wherever he gets off th
“Before you can change what is coming out of your mouth you will need a change of heart.” 3 likes