Start by marking “Go, Go, Grapes!: A Fruit Chant” as Want to Read:
Go, Go, Grapes!: A Fruit Chant

Go, Go, Grapes!: A Fruit Chant

Calling all fruit fanatics! Cheer for healthy eating in this fresh and delectable follow-up to Rah, Rah, Radishes!

Rah, rah, raspberries! Go, go, grapes!
Savor the flavors. Find fruity shapes!
Blackberries. Blueberries. Bag a bunch.
Strawberry season? Let’s munch-a-munch!

Get ready to go bananas at the market, where the aisles are filled with eye-popping displays of delic
Published May 22nd 2012 by Beach Lane Books

To ask other readers questions about Go, Go, Grapes!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Go, Go, Grapes!

Barbara
Jan 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked the author's earlier title, Rah, Rah, Radishes, and this one is also just as delightful. Who thinks up chants for fruit and vegetables? Then, again, maybe if someone had done more celebrating of both of these food groups, maybe I'd enjoy eating more of them than I do now. The photographs show all sorts of yummy fruits that can be picked up at a local food market and taken home today. A couple of photos are a bit confusing since more than one fruit is shown; for someone who doesn't know t ...more
Elaine
Sep 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: storytimes
While I appreciate the unique assortment of fruits, they were a bit complicated for the children, parents, and the reader (me) at story-time.
Frankie 1K B4 K
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fruit is fun!!! Great book to learn and see all types of fruits from around the world
Cheryl
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shh... don't tell them it's good for them. Oh gosh I would have such fun reading this aloud to the Pre-K kids. Gorgeous photos; I'd love to frame them for my kitchen. Right now all it does is make me kick and grumble because I live in such a small city we just don't have many of these choices. The appendix does reveal, among other things, that a healthful plate of food is naturally colorful, and sends us to Sayre's website for more examples of fresh produce.
Bryce Skiles
I read this book in class as well. It was a little different. It rhymes and it was all about fruits. It had many fruits from all over the world and place. It was very interesting because some of the fruits I didn't even know. So I learned some information as well. For this section we had to use the book for a social studies or science concept. I did social studies and said that the teacher can have the students learn about the states and world and then read this book and guess where each of the ...more
Maddie Russell
Nov 14, 2017 rated it liked it
"Go, Go, Grapes!" is a collection of rhyming rhythms about the contents of a grocery stores's produce section. Yet Sayre did not stick with the more traditional fruits; she incorporates a variety of lesser known, tropical fruits to not only give children a handful of fun chants to entertain themselves during shopping trips, but to learn about the world's produce as they sing.

illustrations: n/a (photographs)

"Go, Go, Grapes!" was very simple and straightforward; however, it seems as if that was S
Raeann Delfratte
Definitely geared toward a younger age group (around the preschool level), this book not only mentions everyone's favorite fruits, but new ones as well. Most adults aren't even aware of fruits such as kiwano, rambutan, and lychees. While at the library, I saw the books that match this one; one was about vegetables, one about nuts. I think the three books together would make a great set when learning about nutrition or food in general. While the book doesn't seem like the kind that would become a ...more
Katterley
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Ms. Sayre's books and chants and use them often in library programming. Sayre Saturday is coming up in August, as her words and rhythm capture elementary students who learn and engage with her books. I learned about fruits in this one, and it gave us some fun research on her page, aprilsayre.com as well as fun Google image searches to find out more for our visual learners who already love her photos and want more! Recommended read!

FRUIT IS FUN!
V Dixon
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Go Go Grapes sounds like a cheerleading chant. It is not. In this book readers will see real pictures of real fruits and may find themselves discovering a new fruit or two to try. It is so easy to read, I say all ages should have a read. The photographs are really good and add to the overall charm of this book. In a world wuasi-obsessed with health this is a good place to begin as most humans' palates are compatible with fruits.
Paige Lofton
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Go, Go, Grapes" was such a good book. This is a concept book and it really teaches children about fruits in a fun way. Some of the pages describe the fruits texture, taste or even how you're suppose to eat them. The illustrations are also what make this book great. They are fun, bright and they really catch your eye. If you were teaching children about food, then this would be a great book to use.
Hannah
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
I thought this was a neat book to teach students about different types of fruits as well as the colors. The rhyming words were fun to read along with while learning about the variety of fruit. I also really enjoyed the pictures in this book as they all displayed pictures of the fruit and made them look to delicious to eat.
Beth
Jun 07, 2012 rated it liked it
While I adored Rah Rah Radishes, Go Go Grapes! just didn't compel me to want to eat fruit the way Rah, Rah Radishes made me want to eat my veggies.
Katarina Miller
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book teaches kids about a wide variety of fruits. There are common ones, and some unique ones. The pictures are very colorful and vivid, and make the reader want to eat them. This book would also hopefully make the kids think about fruits and eating more of them.
Betsy
May 19, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 really. Photography in this one isn't quite as good as that in Rah, Rah, Radishes!: A Vegetable Chant but this is an engaging companion nonetheless.
Josie
Jun 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: food, picture-book
Not nearly as much fun as Rah, Rah, Radishes! but still neat to see all the fruit, some of it exotic, and surely new to most audiences. I'm not sure about "tamarillo," though. It's totally a tree tomato!
Sandy Brehl
Rhyming text as crisp, patterned, rhythmic, and symmetrical as the fruit it proclaims, this combines color, shape, rhyme, cultures, numbers, comparisons... and more in a vibrant book that even includes brief end matter.
Great Books
Jun 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: family
Fruit galore await readers in baskets on market shelves. Simple chants introduce raspberries, tangelo, kiwano and more. "Fruit for thought" at the back of the book, shares general information about the many colorful photographed fruits. Reviewer 17
Elle Markov
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
The pictures are nice, but the text was just lacking. The children were no off-put by the text, it ended up becoming a picture book. It's aimed at children to learn their fruits in a sort of chant, but it has no rhythm or flow.

Rating 2 out of 5
Read@Book
Sydney Martindale
A good book for very early readers. The words are repetitive and the pictures are also very helpful for children learning how to read. However, this would be a very boring book for anyone over the age of 6.
Lorna
Jul 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kid-lit
Fun rhyming salute to fruit -- made me hungry!
Briony
Apr 27, 2013 rated it liked it
This book will make you crave fruit once you are done reading it. Using rhythm and rhyme, Sayre differentiates between different fruits at the market.
Donalyn
Playful and engaging look at fruit from around the world. Bold photographs show the variety of fruit available in a neighborhood market.
The Library Lady
Jan 02, 2013 rated it liked it
I am not sure I would read the full text at a program, it's more a book that I would talk. The photos are fabulous and mouthwatering.
Ellias
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I don't love it as much as the original, Rah Rah Radishes, which is one of my all-time favorites, but it is still pretty cool.
Kim
Aug 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture, food
The author of "Rah Rah Radishes" cheers about fruit.
Kendra
Jul 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I think I need this one at home to help me identify fruit form our farm delivery! Great book and PERFECT for building vocabulary and could help with developing those taste buds, too.
Melissa
All the exclamation points made me a little tired, but I loved the variety of fruit depicted and YAY for photography in picture books.
Kelly
Jun 13, 2013 rated it liked it
A perfect book for New Seasons Storytime, easy words and lots of colorful, delicious photos.
Hoover Public Library Kids and Teens
A fun cheer for fantastic fruit! And make sure you read the vegetable companion, Rah Rah Radishes!

• Ugly Pie
  • In the Sea
  • A Leaf Can Be...
  • Hush Little Polar Bear
  • The World is Waiting for You
  • Over in the Jungle: A Rainforest Rhyme (Sharing Nature with Children Books)
  • How Many Jelly Beans?
April Pulley Sayre is an award-winning children’s book author of over 55 natural history books for children and adults. Her read-aloud nonfiction books, known for their lyricism and scientific precision, have been translated into French, Dutch, Japanese, and Korean. She is best known for pioneering literary ways to immerse young readers in natural events via creative storytelling and unusual persp ...more