Start by marking “Fox Five (Charlie Fox, #0.1)” as Want to Read:
Fox Five (Charlie Fox, #0.1)

Fox Five

(Charlie Fox 0.1)

FOX FIVE is a collection of stories by the highly acclaimed crime thriller writer, Zoë Sharp. All feature her ex-Special Forces soldier turned self-defence expert and bodyguard, Charlotte ‘Charlie’ Fox.

In A Bridge Too Far, we meet Charlie before she’s become a professional in the world of close protection. When she agrees to hang out with the local Dangerous Sports Club, s
Published by Murderati Ink [ZACE Ltd] (first published August 8th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Fox Five, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fox Five

Sarah ~Sehrenity~
Sep 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2011
Fans of Zoe Sharp’s Charlie Fox series will not be disappointed in this e-anthology. For readers who have not yet met the character through Sharp’s full-length novels, this anthology will be a perfect introduction. The stories work well as standalones, filling in part of the action between the books without giving away details that would spoil them.

This collection includes five short stories: four following Charlie herself, and one following a character moving through Charlie’s world. Throughout
Jaden Terrell
Sep 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
FOX FIVE was my first encounter with Sharp’s work. All five stories in the book feature Sharp's recurring character, Charlotte "Charlie" Fox, a former Special Forces soldier who now works as a self-defense instructor and sometime bodyguard. In "A Bridge Too Far," the first story in the book and the one that occurs before Charlie goes pro, Charlie finds herself hanging out with a group of thrillseekers, members of the local Dangerous Sports Club. When the dangerous sports turn out to be, not just ...more
Robby
Mar 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: She stands alone/Fox Fans
Recommended to Robby by: Informative Articles
(4.5) This made for a nice little filler between books with "Charlie Fox". Having read "Killer Instinct" not long ago, this "Fox Five" collection had some informative back story info. Author, Lee Child compares his Jack Reacher character to Zoe Sharp's Charlie Fox; not a bad comparison. They could never team up; each being such a solo/loner; but under the right circumstances perhaps together they could dwarf some evil-doer for some just cause. Now I would definitely buy that book. As for this bo ...more
The Cats Mother
A collection of short stories about different times in Charlie's life, which flesh out her personality and moral standpoint without affecting the rest of the series. They won't make sense if you haven't read at least the first few books, but there are no significant spoilers if you haven't read them all. I don't normally like short stories but these were perfect fillers since she didn't waste time setting the scene or describing Charlie or her life. She's a great character and I'm glad I have se ...more
K, Nz
Aug 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
In true Sharp style these short stories are succinct, thought-provoking and for me fill in gaps/references throughout the Charlie Fox series while providing added detail. Charlie is a character I really enjoy reading, witnessing her development and understanding and acceptance of her background and skills just adds to my connection to the stories (check out Zoë's recent blog on murderati.com with Charlie being 'interviewed').
I definitely recommend Fox Five, eagerly await 'Die Easy' and in the me
Jane
Oct 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A cracking collection of Charlie Fox short stories. Some of which preclude her first outing in killer instinct. Others well later in her chosen career. All five are worth a read although they're just morsels compared to the feasts of the full novels,lovers of the series will definitely find them intriguing but I wouldn't like to guess how a Fox novice will find them as a stand alone. I would advise reading the novels first.
Gill
Dec 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Charlie Fox is one of my favourite fictional characters. Ex-special forces turned bodyguard, she's someone you'd want on your side in any fight. If you're new to Zoe Sharp's novels, this is a great intro. Fans of her work won't be disappointed either.

The early Charlie Fox novels have been hard to find for several years, but are now out in good value ebook editions. Fox Five should whet the appetite of any thriller/action fan.
Jul 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Five small additions to the Charlie Fox series. The stories were all good although shorter than I thought they'd be. One of the stories doesn't really feature Charlie directly but it was still an interesting story. Anyone who enjoys the main series will likely enjoy these extra tidbits.
Sandra
Sep 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Good little snippets of Charlie Fox but when they say short story they mean short. Would have liked it more if the stories were a little more detailed. Also would have liked a Sean/Charlie story cause since Sean's injury I really miss how they used to be.
Stephen Campbell
Aug 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I'm so glad to see some of the early Charlie Fox short stories published in ebook form.
Chuck Grantham
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Curious to read some short stories after ages of just novels, I tried this. Basically small incidents with stings in the tail. Very enjoyable, especially with the quick read aspect.
Dave
Jun 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the stories but i must admit i prefer longer novels than short stories generally as I like to get more involved in each story. But it was still a good set of stories
Jocelyn
Julie
Oct 17, 2012
Tori
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kick-ass introduction to the fabulous Charlie Fox. Looking forward to digging into the series!
John G. Mortimer
Sep 28, 2015
James
Dec 13, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Zoë Sharp spent most of her formative years living aboard a catamaran on the northwest coast of England. She opted out of mainstream education at the age of twelve and wrote her first novel at fifteen. She became a freelance photojournalist in 1988 and started writing her Charlie Fox crime thriller series after receiving death-threats in the course of her work.

Charlie Fox (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Trial Under Fire (Charlie Fox, #0)
  • Killer Instinct (Charlie Fox, #1)
  • Riot Act (Charlie Fox, #2)
  • Hard Knocks (Charlie Fox #3)
  • First Drop (Charlie Fox, #4)
  • Road Kill (Charlie Fox, #5)
  • Second Shot (Charlie Fox, #6)
  • Third Strike (Charlie Fox, #7)
  • Fourth Day (Charlie Fox, #8)
  • Fifth Victim (Charlie Fox, #9)