Start by marking “Khan: A Maine Coon” as Want to Read:
Khan: A Maine Coon

Khan: A Maine Coon

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  27 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Abandoned and left at a local shelter, a Maine Coon kitten awaits an
uncertain fate. During his stay, Khan befriends a wise old tomcat, who
speaks about his experiences of life on the streets, bringing comfort to
the frightened kitten. Four days later, to Khan's horror, the shelter
workers take his friend away to the Big Sleep, as the tomcat called it,
leaving Khan scared and
Published (first published February 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Khan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Khan

Jody
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A sweet, beautifully-written story. While written from the cats' perspective, it isn't cloying or "cute"; it is just as one might imagine a cat would write about his life, his friends, his joys and fears, and the world around him ... love and devotion without sentimentality, reflectiveness without self-indulgence. Even the hope of one's spiritual essence reincarnating in a new life in one's former home back with those they love is gently explored without seeming silly or "out there." There are d ...more
Christa
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely beautifully written story. The author paints a lovely picture of the magic and innocence that is a cat's life. I loved that it was from Khan's point of view. It was very detailed and creative. Just a wonderful story over all. I have to say it is easily one of the best books I've ever read. I'm a dog person for the most part (though I love all animals) but reading about Khan and his family really hit me right in my heart. A beautiful book.
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What an amazing cat, great book.
Albert
Sep 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Overall Feedback: I am not a cat person as I prefer dogs. However, the reader can not help but become attached to Khan and want to have this cat all for themselves. You want to jump into the story, stop it and save the cat from any further "adventure". I absolutely love Khan and would enjoy seeing him run around the house garnering my attention when and if he chooses. The reader can tell that Khan in real life was a well loved pet.

Point of View: The ability of this author to get inside of Khan's
Emesskay
Full disclosure, I received a copy of this book as part of a Goodreads Giveaway (thank you Goodreads and Generous Author!).

I am a cat person, so I enjoyed this book - it is told from the point of view of Khan, the cat. It is basically his memoir, and deals with his growing up, making cat friends, and his health battles. I thought the author did a really good job of capturing "cat thought" - the way she has Khan expressing himself is pretty much how I imagine cats talking, if they could talk. Th
Meredith
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: won-giveaway
Must read with a box of tissue! This book made me want to hug my cats (who barley tolerated it).

This is a heart warming story of Khan, a Maine Coon and his life told from his point of view. We share in Khans struggle from when he was a kitten at a shelter to his forever home. He introduces us to his fellow cats, and takes us though his struggle with cancer.

There is a strong belief in the book that if a cat loves his human mommy enough then after he dies he'll be born right away as a new kitten
Nancy Ellis
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story given to me by a dear friend about Khan, a Maine Coon kitten taken to a shelter and then rescued to comfort a lady in the loss of another MC. What a sweet story of a home filled with cats and love! I cried quite a bit, though, since the disease that took Khan, lymphoma, also took my beautiful MC Hester from me, so it was quite an emotional read for me. Anyone who loves animals will enjoy this book, especially those of us who believe their love never dies!
Rebecca Null
Nov 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful book. I enjoyed every single word in it. It's a tear jerker so beware.
Nancy
Tricia F.
Aug 31, 2015
Kara Golden
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautifully written book, from a very unique perspective. A great find for any animal lover!
Marion Seidel
Sandra Beck
Stacia Chappell
Phyllis Barlow
Jun 12, 2016
Brain to Books Cy...: Furlitian Tales and More by Marie J. S. Phillips 23 51 Apr 10, 2016 05:19PM
Marie J. Spinella-Phillips
Born in 1957, in Huntington, on Long Island, I've been driven by an insatiable love of writing, art, and the sciences since very early childhood. My love of animal tales fueled my desire to write, always manifesting in stories from the non-human point of view. I invented my very first character at six years old, creating picture books with a tree as the main protagonist.
More about Marie J.S. Phillips...