Start by marking “Classic Tales Of Vampires And Shapeshifters” as Want to Read:
Classic Tales Of Vampires And Shapeshifters

Classic Tales Of Vampires And Shapeshifters

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  64 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Published July 1st 2011 by Miles Kelly Publishing (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Classic Tales Of Vampires And Shapeshifters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Classic Tales Of Vampires And Shapeshifters

Heather
Jun 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I thought that this was a very well done book. The pictures were brilliant, and that made the stories even scarier. Althought the stories were sometimes a tad predictable, I really, really enjoyed it.
Linda Blanco
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tan bonito como la primera vez que lo leí hace dos años.
Brittany Perry
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved having this to read. It was so capturing and so much better than I expected. What I expected was a bunch of irrelevant stories thrown together for researches sake. What I got was vastly different. It was beautifully historical with so many various stand points and views of the darkness mankind has dreamt up.
Dark-Draco
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow, I didn't realise what a heavy book this was - it was slightly exhausting carrying this around, but kind of worth it.

The stories collected here include some absolute classics - many I've read before, like the extracts from Dracula and Carmilla, but some I'd not heard of, like those from Rudyard Kipling, Saki and Robert E Howard. Some were pretty scary, even by today's standard, and I seriously enjoyed having a shiver over them.

Sadly, with any collection like this, the stories do become a bit
Wonderliv
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great anthology with 25 truly classic horror/fantasy stories of vampires, werewolves and other creatures of the night. The haunting tales are either short stories or extracts from classic novels of the genre, from the forefathers of the genre themselves, with such authors as Lovecraft, Kipling, Bram Stoker, or the French Théophile Gautier and Maupassant. It's a big volume but easy to pick up to read a story here and there, as each tale goes from 10 to 30 pages on average, with original illustr ...more
Lore Troncoso
Este libro es básicamente una recopilación de cuentos y relatos sobre vampiros, hombres lobos y muertos. Algunos si que me dieron un poco de miedo otros simplemente me aburrieron, pero no quiero decir que sea mal libro. Es estándar.
Tengo que mencionar la edición del libro que es preciosa, tiene tantas colores y dibujos muy bien realizados.
Eileen Hallam
May 07, 2015 added it
Shelves: owned
I liked the book.
Anne
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
If you are very easily scared, don't read this book. However, I recommend this book to everyone else. My favorite stories were those of Saki, Howard and Benson.
Dany Hdz
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Todas las historias muy creepies... pero mi favorita fue El cuarto en la torre. :D
Gustavo
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing it is full of different kinds of tales, but almost all of them are classics and also very interesting.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Lenore
  • Pure Dead Trouble (Pure Dead #4)
  • Encyclopedia of the Undead: A Field Guide to the Creatures That Cannot Rest in Peace
  • Diosas, brujas y vampiresas: El miedo visceral del hombre a la mujer
  • The Vile Victorians
  • Spooky New England: Tales of Hauntings, Strange Happenings, and Other Local Lore
  • Witch Hunt: History of a Persecution
  • The Superstitions of Witchcraft
  • Weird Virginia: Your Travel Guide to Virginia's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets
  • Foundations of Tibetan Mysticism
  • Weird Texas: Your travel guide to Texas's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets
  • Here, There, and Everywhere
  • Love's Passion
  • Vatican Council II: The Conciliar and Postconciliar Documents
  • Haunted Heritage: A Definitive Collection of North American Ghost Stories
  • The Kosher Sutra: Eight Sacred Secrets for Reigniting Desire and Restoring Passion for Life
  • The Hidden World of Birthdays