Start by marking “Flirting with Disaster (The DeMarco Family, #3)” as Want to Read:
Flirting with Disaster (The DeMarco Family, #3)

Flirting with Disaster

(The DeMarco Family #3)

HE WAS THE MAN SHE COULDN'T HAVE . . .

On a humanitarian mission to fly doctors to a remote village in Mexico, pilot Lisa Merrick discovers something sinister lurking behind the organization in charge. Her plane is sabotaged, leaving her trapped in the Mexican wilderness with a price on her head and no way out. Injured and desperate, she manages to contact the one man she k
Published November 4th 2003 by Ivy Books (first published June 30th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Flirting with Disaster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flirting with Disaster

Susan's
Apr 15, 2019 rated it liked it
My thanks to the author, publisher and NetGalley for an ARC of this novel in exchange for an honest review.
Let me start off with the things I really like about this contemporary romance:
Lisa and Dave knew each other in high school. She was a "bad girl" from the wrong side of the tracks with an equally bad reputation. Dave was a decent guy, engaged to marry Carla right after high school. There was definitely "chemistry" and "feelings" between "good boy" Dave and "bad girl" Lisa. But despite these
Dísir
‘Flirting with Disaster’ is my first Jane Graves book—an author that somehow slipped under my radar—and from what it looks like, a second edition reprint of a previously-published book of the early 2000s.

This does feel like reading an older style of romantic suspense so to speak: where action and passion collide, both burning hot and fast, the protagonists (linked only by a tenuous thread in their high school years very long ago) suddenly diving into each other like the end of the world is comi
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

FLIRTING WITH DISASTER is a fast-paced romance that I was definitely torn about. While there was much that I enjoyed about Dave and Lisa’s story, it simply didn’t stack up with the previous stories I’d read in this series. I don’t really know why it just happens with some heroes and heroines – but, that doesn’t mean that it’s a bad book, nope that’s not true, simply that I enjoyed the first two stories more.

Lisa and Dave had a connection back in high school. Yet, Lis
Shelagh
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
‘Ve been absolutely loving the De Marco Family series and book three, Flirting With Disaster was just as good as the first two. Dave De Marco is the star of this book. A respected police officer and all round good guy, Dave is hiding a secret - he’s loved Lisa Merrick for the past eleven years despite having married his longtime girlfriend Carla just weeks after first making that discovery.
Lisa has had to be tough and focused to achieve her goal of becoming a pilot. She’s had the worst sort of
Kelly Williams
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This book was okay for me. I liked the drama- felt the drama was handled a little too easy considering all thew connections the DR had. The action did keep you entertained with the story line. I also felt lie to connection between Dave and Lisa came out of nowhere. Even with the past history- which was minimal I thought it was a bit far fetched. I honestly struggled with this one, Definitely an easy read- just thought this one fe ...more
Donnajo
I voluntarily read a advanced reader's copy of this book for a honest opinion.

Flirting with Disaster by Jane Graves. This is the third book in The DeMarco Family series. A romantic suspense . I like the character development and the plot in this book. I've enjoyed each of the previous books in this series and look forward to reading the next book.
Jacki

Part of a series: The DeMarco Family
Standalone
HEA
Epilogue

I look forward to reading the next book in this series.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC from NetGalley.
Nivan
Jun 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
So bleh I struggled through it. Didn't even feel like reading it when I was stuck in a bus with nothing else to do so decided it was time to put it down. Stopped at 57%.
Renee
Aug 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
This is the first book of Jane Graves I couldn't be bothered finishing. I just couldn't like the Heroine and Dave was nowhere near as sexy as his brothers, particularly Alex (see book 2 in series).. I put this one down and have no regrets. I went on to read the last book in this series - Light My Fire - and was ecstatic to see the same style and chemistry in Books 1 & 2 where also present in Book 4. Not sure what happened with this one. Jane Graves is a fantastic author and I recommend her o ...more
Linda
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lisa Merrick knew that she could depend on her old high school friend to come to her rescue and he did, even if she was in Mexico hiding from someone who wanted her dead. Dave DeMarco had told her many years ago that if she needed him for anything, all she had to do was call, and she did.

Holding to his promise, he flew to Mexico to try and get her out. Lisa has stumbled upon a illegal operation and was on her way to tell the Border Guards when he plane went down. Someone wanted her dead and they
Dawn ♥ romance
Oct 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Exciting action packed story full of intrigue that had me total engaged throughout and it did have steamy parts with even a secondary romance. Main characters were alphas but held their past insecurities a bit too long. Smugglers are trying to kill pilot Lisa so she calls in an old promise of help from cop Dave.
Carrie
Jul 26, 2011 rated it liked it
A good summer read. Easy to get in to - romance and action. Fast paced. Seems like it might actually connect to other books by this author (characters are referred to, not sure if this is actually what that means or not).

Fast and fun read for a summer day!
Katie
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-13
He married the dependent girly-girl (who is now dead). She stayed independent - until busting the drug deal went wrong and people are out to kill her. She falls back on his promise to her that he'd help her out if she ever needed anything. Lots of flights between Mexico and US.
Zoe Jussel
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
Very pedestrian mystery and not that well written. Predictable.
Amy
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
I got about half way through and lost interest. Not a bad book but not one of my top reads.
Nov 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Another good book from Jane Graves. This is the 3rd in the DeMarco brothers' series. Dave and Lisa. I liked the book, but I think the other two were better than this one.
Christa Chong
  • Accidentally the Sheikh's Wife
  • Hiding Hollywood
  • The Wedding Gamble
  • Luke
  • Sexiest Man Alive (Make Me a Match, #2)
  • Man at Work
  • Blood Will Tell (The Gaian Consortium, #2)
  • Demon Laird (Legacy of the Mist Clans, #2)
  • Something Wild
  • Heidelberg Wedding (Harlequin Romance, 2680)
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Cold Midnight
  • Fey.
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • Take Me, I'm Yours
  • When Twilight Comes (Mists of Fernhaven #1)
Jane Graves is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of twenty contemporary romance novels. She is a nine-time finalist for Romance Writers of America's Rita Award, the industry's highest honor, and is the recipient of two National Readers' Choice Awards, the Booksellers' Best Award, and the Golden Quill, among others.

Jane lives in the Dallas area with her husband and a beautiful but

The DeMarco Family (4 books)
  • I Got You, Babe (The DeMarco Family, #1)
  • Wild at Heart  (The DeMarco Family, #2)
  • Light My Fire (The DeMarco Family, #4)