Start by marking “Therian (The Bloody Crescent, #1)” as Want to Read:
Therian (The Bloody Crescent, #1)

Therian (The Bloody Crescent #1)

All Amberlyn Darksky has ever wanted is to be normal.

Amber has never been ordinary. She has a gift, the ability to see memories through simple touch, and for her it’s a curse. Especially when she has to relive her mother’s death, on the night she was born, through her father’s eyes. Leading a sheltered life for years under his constant watch has her yearning for freedom an
Published October 9th 2011 by 48fourteen

To ask other readers questions about Therian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Therian

Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
Nov 03, 2011 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves supernatural vampire and werewolf
Recommended to Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews by: R2R
Shelves: 2013
I was fortunate enough to make the cut for reviewing this book for R2R and in no way does it affect my review…..

It has been a while since I have been thrust into a book from page one. The prologue alone drew me into the story and left me with a several haunting question? Exactly who, or should I say what is Carmine? Why would Guiliana have reason to fear him? How could Carmine have saved his wife? Moreover, what was to become of baby Amberlyn that Lenora birthed before she pasted?

In no time, I
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Nov 03, 2011 Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) rated it really liked it
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: R2R
Shelves: reviewed
I received this book from Read 2 Review.

Overall, I really liked this book. One very positive thing about this story is that the setting of the book is college life. This is the gap that is missing in current market place. There just aren’t that many book that surround college life.

I do feel conflicted over this book, though. I really liked all the characters and felt they were believable for the most part. However, I found some of the situations and choices to be unbelievable at times.

(view spoi
Ana
Oct 30, 2011 Ana rated it really liked it
"Every couple of years the crescent moon turns a deep crimson color. It stays that way for three full days. It's the best time for spells to be cast and for the positive energy to be drawn to yourself"

Now, how's the sound of that!
Amberlyn Darksky is everything but normal. Living with her overprotective dad while not actually knowing her mother, makes her more miserable and sad every day. Lorena, her lovely mother, died while giving birth to her, and Amber is not only living with this cruel fac
Husnaa
Nov 04, 2011 Husnaa rated it really liked it
WOAAAHHH!! How do I put such an AMAZING book into a review that can do it justice??

I really did not expect to love this book as much as I did.. The only reason I wanted to read this and sign up for the R2R was because Roxanne wrote this and she's a fellow South African, Durbanite ;)

But this book was unfathomable, it was so amazing! And highly unpredictable most of the time :O

At first I thought maybe she's a werewolf but she wasn't and I'm really happy about that!!

If you hate SPOILERS, please do
Maghon Thomas
Oct 24, 2011 Maghon Thomas rated it it was amazing
Ok so even though I didn't get my copy from read 2 review, I learned about this book through them, so thanks for that guys!!

Now, I actually feel sorry for Amber, because everyone keeps secrets from this poor kid! But as she find out more and more, I think she handled it better than most would. I am pretty sure I would be a mess... or punching everyone who looked at me lol!

I think my favorite character may be Luna. I really like her, and as I do love me some Taye!But I don't know if I would be a
Suzanne Kolbe
Aug 25, 2011 Suzanne Kolbe rated it it was amazing
Take this off your "To Read list" - do yourself a favor and read it... its brilliant definately going to buy a copy when its out
Christine O'Neill
Oct 31, 2011 Christine O'Neill rated it liked it
Recommends it for: paranormal, PNR, vampire
Recommended to Christine by: Read 2 Review
I received this book as part of Read 2 Review.

Amber Darsky is bound and determined to be free of the home she has lived in her entire life and set off for college in the ‘real world.’ However she gets more than she bargained for, and is soon swept up in a chain of events that culminate in a devastating loss and confusion as to who she really is.

The book did not start out well for me. The prologue was too reminiscent of a very popular scene from a similar story in this genre, and I felt it lacked
Paris
Nov 04, 2011 Paris rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
I received this book from Read 2 Review.

There is quite a lot to like about this book. The characters are exciting and interesting. The mythology behind the storyline is great and makes me hope that we will learn more in subsequent books. The prologue sets up an amazing mystery that gives the reader a list of questions before the current story even begins. With that being said, the first couple of chapters were a tad bit of a letdown after the crazy pace of the prologue, but they did help to set
Cassandra
Oct 19, 2011 Cassandra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book
Great read with lots going on. Werewolves and vampires...love it. Amberlyn is extremely sheltered and finally gets to experience the world when she leaves for college, against her fathers wishes. She meets some great friends and a boy, Tayelon. Her friends have a tendency to disappear every now and then, no one ever tells Amber what's going on. I feel really sorry for her. She isn't all the way human either, she has the ability to see the memories of people she touches. She touches Tayelon's unc ...more
Samantha
Nov 01, 2011 Samantha rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!

Roxanne Kade is an amazing writer, her book drew me in, and then kept me reading up all night to finish this book! I literally couldn't put it down.

Therian is about a girl, Amber whose mother dies during childbirth,she is confined to and raised on her family's estate with only her father and Guiliana, housekeeper/mother figure. She is a sweet, intellegent girl, with a gift that makes her see all of the memorable memories a person has when she touches them, but who just wants to
Jen - At Random
Nov 28, 2011 Jen - At Random rated it really liked it
When I first started reading this, it seemed like it was going to be set in the past (Keep in mind I don’t usually remember what is in the book summary by the time I read a book). I think the beginning was a little slower for me because of that…and because my hubby was home and kept talking to me, lol. I was glad when the story moved to and stayed in more modern times.

I enjoyed reading Therian. It has some loveable characters and some characters that I’m still undecided on whether they’re good
Cassandra Giovanni
Mar 01, 2013 Cassandra Giovanni rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Twilight lovers, Team Jacob, Vampire lovers, Werewolf lovers
Shelves: indie, won, longman
First, as always the cover. The cover doesn't really do it for me. The moon is creepy looking, but the title being all lower case blends into the background, along with the series name. I did really enjoy the fact that the bloody crescent was on the beginning of each chapter of the e-book. Onto the novel, there was a certain Twilight-ism to it. This made it very predictable to me. (view spoiler) ...more
Tiana Dalichov
Werewolves, vampires, and witches, oh my! (Pfft, don't make that face at me.)

Paranormal romance is definitely my subgenre of choice within the huge YA umbrella, so when I heard about this one, I knew I had to check it out. I liked it! Interesting concept and great story. But there were also some things I didn't like so much about it.

Our main character is Amberlyn, a young woman who has been shielded from the outside world by being locked inside her home by her aloof father, Carmine. She has the
Lola
I got a copy for review in exchange for an honest review.

3 stars, I liked the book but there where also things that I didn't like about it. Sometimes the story went too fast, sometimes too slow. I liked the overal story, but it took me some time to enjoy it.

The story starts with a prologue, which is a bit confusing, but in chapter one we get to know the significance of it. Then the real story starts. The story is about Amber, a girl who has never been outside in her whole life and now she is go
Candace Knoebel
Feb 17, 2012 Candace Knoebel rated it it was amazing
Amberlyn Darsky leaves her father's home with a hope for freedom by going to college. She has never been in the real world due to her father's secrets. It was a bit unrealistic, but it didn't bother me. There were reasons behind her being hidden from the world. Her father didn't even want her to go to college and later in the story you begin to understand why. And not to give too much away, but his reasonings are due to do a vampiric past..:)

Amber has a strange gift that she tries to understand
Denise DeSio
Dec 11, 2011 Denise DeSio rated it really liked it
I just finished reading Therian: The Bloody Crescent. Kade certainly has a firm grasp of what young adults love to read these days. The story rivals and eclipses the Twilight series in my opinion, and is reminiscent of the popular television series, True Blood. It's not difficult to imagine Therian being scooped up by a producer and converted to the big screen.

The author is adept at keeping the reader connected with suspenseful chapter endings, some interesting plot twists, and the never-ending
Ashley
Nov 02, 2011 Ashley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book tried so hard to be good but in the end, it failed miserably. I could not for the life of me get into this book. I couldn't connect to the characters and I did not feel invested in the story line. And frankly, Amberlyn was on my nerves with her reverse species(ism). You're not normal either lady, get over yourself!

Overall, this book was unconvincing and uninsipiring. Not one I'd reccommend to my friends.:(
Kym
Kym rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2012
Christina Thompson
Christina Thompson rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2013
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
May 25, 2012
Juanita Samborski
Juanita Samborski rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2014
Tanya
Tanya rated it did not like it
Jul 24, 2015
Kristen
Kristen rated it it was ok
Aug 09, 2012
Rosie
Rosie rated it it was ok
Jul 25, 2012
Nandini
Nandini rated it it was ok
Nov 14, 2011
Mickole Bernard
Mickole Bernard rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2016
Tracy
Tracy rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2013
The-Readaholic
The-Readaholic rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2012
Kym
Kym rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2012
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2012
  • Elfin Blood
  • My Enchanted Life
  • The Calling
  • Eden (Eden, #1)
  • The Guardian's Kiss (Samantha Brand, #1)
  • Fated Encounter (Holloway Pack, #1.1)
  • Faithful Shadow
  • Sanctuary (Sanctuary #1)
  • Bound by Blood (The Garner Witch #1)
  • Elemental: The First (Primord, #1)
  • Fate Fixed (Erris Coven, #1)
  • Wicked Sinners (Sinners, #2)
  • Bridger (Bridger, #1)
  • Demon's Moon (Thaumatology, #2)
  • Initiation (The Warrior, #1)
  • The Gates (Resistance, #2)
  • Crimson Midnight (Crimson #1)
  • Hotblood (House of Slide, #1)
Roxanne Kade lives in the land of Funsunzi. Affectionately named by the locals for its fun, sun and sea, Durban, South Africa is a culturally diverse and beautiful city that offers warm weather, big smiles and a host of attractions.

Roxy spends her nine to five in the finance division of a shipping company and is currently studying her degree in Financial Accounting.

Words are her escape from real
More about Roxanne Kade...

“Sorry I kept you waiting so
long.”
His smile brought one to her face.
“I don’t mind. I’d wait an eternity
for you.”
2 likes
“Calm down, she told herself. Try to at least act normal before he starts thinking of you as a freak as well.” 1 likes