Start by marking “James Cameron's Titanic” as Want to Read:
James Cameron's Titanic

James Cameron's Titanic

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  3,755 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
An update on a classic, the New York Times bestselling companion to James Cameron’s unforgettable film Titanic celebrates Fox’s re-release of Titanic in 3D and commemorates the 100th anniversary of the ship’s tragic sinking. The original editions of James Cameron's Titanic were runaway bestsellers; now updated with an all-new introduction by James Cameron and never-before- ...more
Published March 6th 2012 by Harper Design (first published 1997)

morgan
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Titanicians...duhh
Recommended to morgan by: James Cameron
Amazing! This book answered so many unanswered questions from the movie. I was upset to see it only have 3 stars. I suggest you do your Titanic research before you take the movie too seriously. Read some good Titanic historical fiction books. A lot of characters in Cameron's movie were real...so please just because it has pictures and behind-the-scenes excerpts, doesn't mean it's going to be an exciting read. It's not the damn movie script! Take it seriously!

Jack and Rose

This is how much I enjoyed this boo
Natalie Pietro
Aug 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: table-top, own
My father gave me this beautiful book for Christmas seeing I loved Titanic. Was it the movie I loved or Leonardo DiCaprio. Kind of sick of the movie to this day after seeing it a million times but something about this book is timeless. It has great background into the making of this movie. Great photos, articles, and behind the scenes footage. Glad I was given this book.
Michelle
Yes, you do already have this book, if you're looking at your 1997 edition in confusion. The cover's all fancy and lenticular, but if you look deep beneath the cover, you will discover, not much has changed and it's a not-so-cheap cash in. You don't already have the 1997 book? Go ahead and buy this one, it is worth your money.

So why do I now have two editions of what is essentially the same book? Because I'm a sucker for anything Titanic and books, which some people say is boring. I walked into
Laurelina
Aug 08, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A manuscript of the movie; changes made; shots and dialog that didn't make the movie; facts; wardrove info. and thoughts...
Maya
Sep 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eyehavenofilter
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: artworthy
If you've ever wanted the inside scoop on " how they did this or that on a blockbuster film" this is the big book for you. With text by Ed W. Marsh and photos by Douglas Kirkland the pages are absolutely full of incredible detail. From the impeccable reproduction of the interiors of the ship itself to the china and glassware that adorned the tables, to the embroidered caps of the ships employees, this shows what went into the making of this epic. Everything was lovingly done to recreate the orig ...more
Sammi
Apr 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: titanic
I am probably the biggest Titanic fan writing in about this one--it is my favorite movie (seen it 7 times), my biggest obsession and fascination, and I know so much about it. This book was a really interesting behind-the-scenes look at the brilliant film. James Cameron is really a God-send, and bless him because I certainly could never do anything the man has accomplished. It's amazing how he made this movie, and the book is chockfull of fun facts and beautiful color photos. A must-read for fans ...more
Emily
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Titanic fans of all kind
This was a perfect companion to my favorite movie of all time and my favorite ship! I learned more about how incredible and hard of a job James Cameron had to recreate the Titanic. Even if you think that you know everything about the movie or the real ship you will learn more and get more into Jack and Rose's relationships if you read this book.
Kevin
Oct 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My friends will know that I'm a huge fan of the film - and so are many of them too! Strangely, I've managed to end up with 3 copies of this book...

I love it because it gives a real, in-depth insight into the making of the greatest movie of all time, along with little known facts and anecdotes from the cast and crew.

A must for any Titanic movie fan.
Cole Lorenzo
I think that Titanic was a great book to read. It tells us that this could happen again on a ship because it did happen in real life and it was very scary.
I hope this never happens to anyone again.I would recommend this book to anyone that likes true stories.
Stephanie Cook
Jul 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, own
A guide to the movie that James Cameron filmed of the Titanic. Lots of pictures and information on how the movie was made. Well worth buying/reading especially if you are a Titanic or James Cameron fan! I still can't believe they made a replica of the ship to sink! It still amazes me.
Gloria
Mar 03, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes, I saw the movie. In the theater. 3 times.
Yes, it was awful. And absurd.
The screenplay sucked.
And Leo does nothing for me.

But man, did I lust over that ship-- even if it was a scaled down partial replica.
Totally impressive in that regard.
Justyna
Sep 24, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed 'The Titanic' it is a very sad story but its very enjoyable. I would recommend this book for upper primary and up. I enjoyed the movie alot more than the book because it is more interesting.
Drucilla
Mar 01, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m
This is a pretty in depth view of the making of the movie. There's more of a focus on the technical side than I would have liked, but it's a pretty decent read.
Amanda
Apr 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
My heart will go on after reading and crying through this.
Jevron McCrory
May 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lavish. Bold. Beautiful. Big. Just like the ship.
Emma
Sep 10, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Contains gorgeous photos from the film; if that's what floats your boat ;)
Daniel Maguire
Feb 08, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is very sad and emotional.
Sharon Cusick
Love the movie and I am 10
Samin
فک کنم اولین فیلم هالیوودی ای بود که دیدم(:
Catherine
Wonderful...
Jose
Sep 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book since it was based on the movie like a re-write of the movie in book form.
Vannah
Oct 07, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everybody
I love this book and the movie!
Katie
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Titanic became a slight obsession of mine when I saw movie back when I was 13 years old or so. I remember sitting on the couch watching Titanic with my mom and brother, not entirely understanding the movie, as I knew very little, if anything at all, about the history behind it. But, somewhere around that time, I fell in love with it, and Titanic became not only my favorite movie of all time, but one of my favorite history subjects.

I hope Cameron's film has brought about some awareness to the tru
Noloter
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-fiction
Splendido libro fotografico che si occupa di tutta la parte tecnica della realizzazione della pellicola. Regalatomi nell'estate successiva l'uscita del film, quando nel mondo imperversava la follia da parte di chiunque e non si pensava ad altro; sul momento non lo apprezzai, ma dopo averlo letto mi sono dovuto ricredere.
Molto dettagliate le ricostruzioni dei set 'fisici' e digitali, i commenti della troupe (dal regista al direttore della fotografia, ai costumisti, ai modellisti, ecc), le tecnich
Tazzie Dee
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I highly recommend this book for anyone who is a fan of the movie. It goes into the history of the Titanic, contains some backstage secrets and has amazing photos.
Dalaina Renee
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like the movie
Jason Lucero
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love titanic but Jack didn't have to die
Alicia Balliett
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is great for fans of the movie. I love it!
Tiffany Guthrie
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Words cannot express how fantastic this book is! It was very informative and descriptive. So many questions I had were answered!
Favorite Page/Section 1 2 Sep 19, 2013 01:02PM
  • Titanic: Legacy of the World's Greatest Ocean Liner
  • Titanic: an Illustrated History
  • Titanic: James Cameron's Illustrated Screenplay
  • Home Alone
  • The Titanic Disaster Hearings: The Official Transcripts of the 1912 Senate Investigation
  • 882 1/2 Amazing Answers to Your Questions About the Titanic
  • The Discovery of the Titanic
  • Her Name, Titanic
  • The Titanic: End of a Dream
  • The Night Lives On
  • S.O.S. Titanic
  • Titanic Survivor: The Newly Discovered Memoirs of Violet Jessop Who Survived Both the Titanic and Britannic Disasters
  • Polar: The Titanic Bear
  • The Story of the Titanic As Told by Its Survivors
  • Last Dinner On the Titanic: Menus and Recipes From the Great Liner
  • Titanic: The Long Night
  • Mr. and Mrs. Smith
  • A Rare Titanic Family: How the Caldwells Survived the Sinking and Traveled the World

James Francis Cameron is an Academy Award-winning Canadian-American director, producer and screenwriter. He is noted for his action/science fiction films, which are often highly innovative and financially successful. Thematically, James Cameron's films generally explore the
More about James Francis Cameron

• The Card Catalog: Books, Cards, and Literary Treasures
    $19.99 $1.99
  • Without a Doubt
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done (Harperbusiness Essentials)
    $11.99 $2.99
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Here Is Where: Discovering America's Great Forgotten History
    $10.99 $1.99
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Rational Optimist (P.S.)
    $14.49 $2.99
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Of Wolves and Men (Scribner Classics)
  • God: A Story of Revelation
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Belles on Their Toes
  • Unshakeable Trust: Find the Joy of Trusting God at All Times, in All Things
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Charlie Wilson's War: The Extraordinary Story of How the Wildest Man in Congress and a Rogue CIA Agent Changed the History
  • Unseen: The Gift of Being Hidden in a World That Loves to Be Noticed