Start by marking “Spice & Wolf, Vol. 06” as Want to Read:
Spice & Wolf, Vol. 06

Spice & Wolf, Vol. 06

(狼と香辛料 / Spice & Wolf: Light Novel #6)

Paperback, Novel, 232 pages
Published June 26th 2012 by Yen On (first published December 10th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Spice & Wolf, Vol. 06, please sign up.
Emmanuel This is not a website for reading. This is a social network for readers.

Start your review of Spice & Wolf, Vol. 06
S.Q. Eries
Aug 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: light-novel
Albert
Jul 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This novel seems different from the rest of the series. First off, it's the 'sequel,' but more accurately a continuation of the second season of the anime. There are many references to Tereo in Book 4, the story that wasn't included in the anime, and thus those who have seen the anime alone ought to read both of these books (4 and 6).

After reading book four, and then this one, I am very pleased with how the series is progressing.

First off, some characters do carry over from earlier arcs, but not
Anniken Haga
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, fantasy
3.5/5

Sometimes, this series is really slow. Like this book, with the ending of the last one, I expected something more than I got here.

I am glad of the ending of this one, though, and what it leads up to.
Biggest problem now, is that I do have book 7, but it is a collection of shorts not directly linked to the main story, and I have no idea when I'll get around to buying the rest!
Devin (Mostly Manga)
Oct 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book did not have a strong economical plot like the previous volumes. That's kind of why the book felt uneventful to me at first, but in truth a lot of important stuff did happen. The relationship between Lawrence and Holo develops, and some interesting plots are set up for the later books. There's also something pretty cool that happens that I don't want to spoil! It felt really relaxing seeing the two if them take a break from their usual merchant mischief.
Kyle
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
A bit weaker on the plot in this one, as not a lot happens in this one. The dialogue is good, and I liked the book, but not as strong of a plot to support it.
Brian Wilkerson
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Spice and Wolf volume 6; I was eager to start this one because it is the first volume to go beyond the anime. The anime was so interesting that I wanted to continue Lawrence and Holo's story. With their voice actors continuing to speak in my head, it was a lot a fun.

There's a radical change in status quo here. First of all, there is the introduction of Cole, a little boy who joins the main cast. He kinda-sorta becomes Lawrence's merchant apprentice but wants to study church law instead in
Robert R.
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Feels a bit like an extended short story, but that's not all that bad.

After the events in volume 5, Holo and Lawrence still can't seem to just sit down and talk about their changing relationship - perhaps because neither wants to ask the other to change their plans, perhaps because Holo simply is in a pretty bad place as far as worrying about what she'll find at the journey's end - one of the things that made this series work for me was that there isn't a single simplistic issue, but several
James Caldwell
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Continuing this series where the anime leaves off, I was surprised at the level of skill Isuna Hasekura employs with some of his dialogue. I would say it's probably the strongest element of his writing. Most conversations between Lawrence and Holo, though the two may not actually be arguing, come across like a verbal fencing match in that both are trying to get an edge of the other. Most of it's teasing between the two, but I rather enjoyed the dialogue moments between them. They were the best ...more
Billy Alfs
Another fairly good, and very light and relaxed read. Kept starting and stopping a few books but came back to this.

Good for calming down with tea or relaxing your mind from screen overload.

Similar to the others, though maybe the author is mixing things up a little. He promises more economics in the next book.

The path of gold story at page 103 was quite interesting, and some of the other village legends at page 187 were nice also.

Sometimes just more passively reading along, but other times get
Fred Rothganger
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I fell in love with this series after watching the anime, and picked up this volume to continue the story. (This is in fact the correct book to continue with.) My main goal was to see what happens in the relationship between Lawrence and Holo after he confesses his love to her.

This book would have been 5 stars, but the sometimes awkward writing dragged it down. I don't think this is just a matter of getting lost in translation, though that could contribute.
Karla Schneider
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After my 3rd reread I don't like the idea that a new char sticks right between them, this simply implies that Lawrence will never get any action in the bedroom.
Cress
A different format to the usual formula, and you know what? A little change is a good thing.
Hugo
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
Really boring, this could have been summarize in chapter in book five or seven, but a whole book for this?
Shawn McLain
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Still very enticing reading.
Danielle Mercado
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite series to read
Ricardo Matos
Mar 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: light-novels
I didn't particularly like this one. All the material feels stretched. This could easily have been reduced to 2 chapters on books 8/9 where the story continues.
The main characters don't seem to know what they want to do... but then it actually feels like the author is not sure where to go with the story anyway. Don't get me wrong, the added elements look like they will be interesting, but the book doesn't hold up on its own even with those taken into account.
The translation isn't great, with a
Fairytaillover22
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brandon Varnell
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: light-novels
The sixth volume in the Spice and Wolf series is... relaxed. I don't have a better way to describe it.

Thus far, all of the previous volumes have been fairly formulaic: Lawrence and Holo arrive in new town, a deal opportunity presents itself, Lawrence tries to make money, fails, Holo steps in to save the day, and then Holo and Lawrence end up saving each other. This formula has worked out well in the past few volumes. That said, I'm kind of glad that this volume changed things up a bit.

Starting
Chad
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This volume continues the trend from volume 5: it actually contains less focus on economics than the previous volume, which had already reduced the amount of economic focus from the average of the first four volumes. The author even commented on the reduced focus on economics in the afterword, and said he hoped to bring more economics back to the next volume.

While I enjoy and appreciate the economic matters that form some of the basis of these stories, I'm not disappointed with this change of
Sarien Milner
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Join a lonely travelling merchant and a sassy wolf girl on their travels to the north!
Recently finished this book and like those before it and the rather enjoyable anime series (GO WATCH IT!) it was honestly an amazing experience. The characters, the world, the feeling of journey and adventure all get top marks from me! Holo is singularly the best female lead character ever, she is so unique, sassy and full of independence and attitude. Definitely a girl I could be friends with!

I'd recommend
Ian Terry
Sep 14, 2016 rated it liked it
I love the Spice and Wolf series, but this one was kind of disappointing. It started off as a grand chase to find Eve and evolved into a ledger/smuggling conspiracy, but even that disappeared to be replaced with Holo is angry at Lawrence and we, as the readers even by the end, as much as Lawrence, don't understand why. Isuna Hasekura seemed more interesting in setting up the Town of Strife arc that covers volumes 8 and 9 (volume 7 is Side Colors) instead of telling a nice contained story within ...more
myinon
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thought that this was a nice addition to the series. After the events of the previous volume, I thought that it was good that the pace was slowed down and that the characters took their time to re-asses what their future plans were going to take them. I have mixed feelings though with regards to having a third member join the group. I'll just have to wait and see how it all unfolds in the eighth volume (remember that the seventh is a collection of side stories).
Kevin
Aug 17, 2014 rated it liked it

As Holo and Lawrence begin the final leg of their journey, Lawrence decides to accompany Holo to her ancient home of Yoitsu, if only to forestall their parting just a bit longer. Boarding a ship from the port of Lenos (much to the chagrin of the wisewolf, who is none too fond of water!), the pair's fate becomes entangled with that of a boy named Col, whose tale of his circumstances - combined with the gossip of the sailors - leads to a shocking revelation about Holo's homeland!

Emily
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lawrence and Holo decide to go after Eve, seeking restitution, but they find that's easier said than done. Eve is wily and blocks the river with a wrecked ship, leaving them to determine their path. They also meet young Col, who joins them on their trek. Gathering rumors, Holo and Lawrence uncover a possible Church plot, which makes seeking Eve even more important.
Casey
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An interesting change of direction for the Spice and Wolf series, this reads more like a connection book instead of the usual economics lesson. Next up is another connection book which features a few shorter stories, so I'm not going to get my econ fix until book 8, it seems.
Sean Newgent
Jan 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable and entertaining ride that further builds the characters of Holo and Lawrence and develops the romance into something even more adorable. Isuna's writing isn't great, but he is a master at dialogue and building characters up through subtlety.
Chris Lanuzo
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't read novels a lot, but as a guy who love the anime series of this novel, this novel is fantastic! If you are still interested in knowing the continuation of the anime series of Spice and wolf, I highly recommend reading this novel series!
Ân Lê
sdgsdfsd
AsatorPrime
Oct 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: light-novels
These books aren't great. Short, Simple and charming would be how I describe them, yet that's enough to make them thoroughly enjoyable. Can't wait for more.
Edward McSwain III
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Picksup right were the animated series from Funimation ended in season two. If you loved the series you have to read. Holo is sooooo Holo.

• 空ろの箱と零のマリア 4 [Utsuro No Hako To Zero No Maria 4]
  • 空ろの箱と零のマリア 3
  • ノーゲーム・ノーライフ 1 ゲーマー兄妹がファンタジー世界を征服するそうです (No Game No Life, #1)
  • 空ろの箱と零のマリア 6 [Utsuro No Hako To Zero No Maria 6]
  • 無職転生 ~異世界行ったら本気だす~ 1 (Mushoku Tensei, #1)
  • No Game, No Life Vol. 4 (No Game No Life Light Novels, #4)
  • No Game, No Life Vol. 5 (No Game No Life Light Novels, #5)
  • 空ろの箱と零のマリア 1
  • 空ろの箱と零のマリア 5 [Utsuro No Hako To Zero No Maria 5]
  • Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-, Vol. 1 (Re:Zero Light Novels, #1)
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 1 [Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, #1]
  • オーバーロード 11 山小人の工匠 (Overlord Light Novels, #11)
  • Bakemonogatari, Part 1 (Bakemonogatari, #1, Part 1)
  • 空ろの箱と零のマリア 2
  • オーバーロード 10 謀略の統治者 (Overlord Light Novels, #10)
  • 空ろの箱と零のマリア 7
  • ようこそ実力至上主義の教室へ [Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (Novel) 1] (Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e Light Novels, #1)
  • Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Light Novels, Vol. 2 (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Light Novels, #2)

狼と香辛料 / Spice & Wolf: Light Novel (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 01