Start by marking “Entangled” as Want to Read:
Entangled

Entangled (Oldest City Vampire #3.5 (Medium Rare))

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  588 Ratings  ·  77 Reviews
Ghosts, vampires, demons, and more! Entangled includes ten suspense-filled paranormal short stories from authors Cynthia Eden, Jennifer Estep, Edie Ramer, Lori Brighton, Michelle Diener, Misty Evans, Nancy Haddock, Liz Kreger, Dale Mayer, and Michelle Miles, plus a Seven Deadly Sins novella by Allison Brennan.

Stacia Kane contributed the foreword. Formatting and cover art w
ebook, 1st Edition, 434 pages
Published September 7th 2011 by Authors4theCure

Larena
Sep 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Halloween Frost by Jennifer Estep
This one is part of her Mythos Academy series though readers reading this one really won’t feel lost if they haven’t read the other books in the series. Based on the myths and gods and goddess it is story that is different and fun to read.

The Fat Cat by Edie Ramer
This story gives new meaning to witches and their love of cats though the cat in this story is anything but a typical cat and has a personality that makes this story very entertaining. Tory is the witc
So, I Read This Book Today
Jul 13, 2013 added it
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to So, I Read This Book Today by: Nancy Haddock
Entangled: An Anthology To Benefit
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation

Sometimes it amazes me.

entangled
Your purchase helps fund Breast Cancer Research.
Please click the cover to purchase!!!!!

With all that is bad with this world, that some people can be so generous, giving and kind. That is what happened here, as this wonderful group of authors gave generously of their time to write this group of amazing shorts, especially to benefit the Beast Cancer Research Foundation.

As a survivor myself of a
WildAboutBones
Aug 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read4bbpr-review
This is a Halloween anthology of short stories in the paranormal romance and urban fantasy genres with a single young adult urban fantasy short and an urban fantasy novella. I'll rate each individually.

I'm going to make a confession, I don't usually read Forewords {gasp! I know!}, acknowledgements, dedications, yes. Forewords, no. Kudos to Stacia Kane for a writing a Foreword that pulled me in, hook, line and sinker from the word go. "The other day I got involved in an online conversation with s
Melindeeloo
Saw this one on Cynthia Eden's newletter and it's for a good cause, the proceeds from this collection of Halloween themed stories benefits Breast Cancer Research.

I only recognize a handful of the contributors but among the authors that were new to me, I found a couple who will have me hunting down other books related to their offerings here.

Halloween Frost by Jennifer Estep - It's time for trick or treating at the Mythos Academy - This is a YA offering, and I was bummed that the heroine didn't g
Misty
Aug 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
A little something for everyone. Suspense, romance, YA, historical...and lots of paranormal creatures. Plus, all the proceeds go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation!
Dark Faerie Tales
Mar 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review Courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: This anthology is full of fabulous tales of assorted Halloween mischief. Plus, all proceeds go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, which can always use the help.

The Review:

Stop right there. Did you read the synopsis? Well, let me reiterate; ALL PROCEEDS GO TO THE BREAST CANCER RESEARCH FOUNDATION. Take a chance and help out a GREAT cause. Believe me; they can use all the help they can get. And you win by getting great short stories out
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Reviewed by Tori

Ghosts, vampires, demons, and more! Entangled includes ten suspense-filled paranormal short stories from such best selling authors such as Cynthia Eden, Jennifer Estep, Edie Ramer, Lori Brighton, Michelle Diener, Misty Evans, Nancy Haddock, Liz Kreger, Dale Mayer, and Michelle Miles, and Allison Brennan. Stacia Kane contributed the foreword. Formatting and cover art were also donated to the project by Lori Devoti and Laura Morrigan. (Goodreads)

All proceeds go to the Breast Cancer
Aimee
Aug 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
I was really surprised when I read this anthology. It's rare for me to pick one of these up and like more than just one or two stories. But this had a really great collection of short stories. I got to read some stories from authors I've never read before and I love what I've read. Those authors have found their way onto my tbr list.There wasn't any that I hated, but there were some I loved and remember best out of all of them.

One, is Nancy Haddock's story. Phenomenal! My friends know how much
All Things Urban Fantasy
Like a great buffet, this anthology gives you the chance to taste a little bit of everything. Short and sweet, these stories did a good job drawing me in, setting the hook, and adding books to my to be read pile. While not every story in this anthology was a winner, there were enough great entries and variety to keep me eager to flip to the next page.

Julia
Sep 20, 2011 rated it really liked it

Witches and vampires, werewolves and demons, ENTANGLED canvasses a broad range of time periods and flavors. "Sian's Solution" shows star-crossed lovers in a future dystopia that pits humans against vampires, while "A Night of Forever" contrasts this with vampire romance in regency Englan
Brenda
Sep 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I bought the Entangled as soon as it was released but I wanted to wait until October when the book tour was over, and perhaps reach a few people who still hadn't heard about this amazing anthology. I loved the stories-all ten are worth buying on their own, so $2.99 is a bargain. Some of the authors were favorites, but others were new to me. That's the joy of an anthology. This one though is special for another reason; proceeds from the sales are donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

B
Ronda
Feb 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another fabulous short, but sweet insight into Gwen. Here we now know that Gwen and Daphne are firm friends and obviously becoming closer. We also see that Logan is still there - with his side kick (I know, I know, it's his girlfriend but I don't like her ok!!)... but Gwen is slowly coming to terms with her changing life...

I look forward to the next book!
Laura the Highland Hussy
Oct 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
I bought this anthology because all the proceeds go to Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

I only read Cynthia Eden's and Lori Brighton's stories.
I may finish this anthology up later, but both those stories were great.
sandsun331
Jan 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
For Lori Brighton's "A Night of Forever"
Aurian Booklover
Nov 13, 2012 rated it really liked it

All proceeds go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

S
Marlene
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This dual review was originally posted at Book Lovers Inc

Stella: When I asked for Halloween read recommendations Marlene was quick to name the Entangled anthology, and when we started discussing it we thought why not make a special Halloween related dual review of it? Since it has more than 10 stories we thought reviewing the whole anthology would be way too long, so we decided for each of us to pick 2 stories and give you our thoughts on them.

Stella: I think it isn't a big surprise to those who
Christy LoveOfBooks
Sep 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, read-in-2011

This was a fun anthology. There are eleven paranormal stories in Entangled, and they all take place on Halloween. I really like anthologies, because they allow me to read stories by various artist without having to invest a lot of time to each one. I get a little taste of all that contribute. Honestly, I really enjoyed all of the stories and would read more by all of the authors. And the best part about this book is the proceeds go to breast cancer research. So download Entangled and get some gr
Jagged
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: anthology
Halloween Frost by Jennifer Estep 1 Star

I am so glad that I read this because I actually have a few books to this series sitting in my library to be read. And let me put it to you this way: I won't be reading them.
This was a disaster. I'm not sure how old the characters are, but shit, was this written for 10 year olds?
The love interest is due to hero worship for one, for two the heroine is delusional and kind of thinks like a stalker, and for three: it's another ridiculous "we can't be togeth
Elisa Hordon
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A good box set from some great authors
Blodeuedd Finland
Jennifer Estep –Halloween Frost
It’s Halloween at Mythos Academy, but Gwen Frost and her friends are in for more tricks than treats when they run into a mythological monster intent on killing them.
This story is a short from her Mythos Academy world. I have not read book 1 and this story took place after that but I still could read and enjoy this story. I liked Gwen who is the heroine, we got to see her fight and we got to hear about her doomed crush. All which made me interested in this world.

Edi
Stephanie  G
Sep 20, 2011 rated it liked it
Nearly all of the stories in this book are based in, and around Halloween. The majority of them are urban with the acceptation of A Night of Forever by Lori Brighton, which is set in 1859. The majority of the stories feature characters from the authors’ others books. Sometimes this can mean the reader does not understand what is going on, or is unable to develop any bond to these characters. This was true for me in a couple of these stories (Allison Brennan’s Ghostly Justice, Jennifer Estep’s Ha ...more
Beth Dawkins
Sep 07, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
Diane ~Firefly~
This was a fairly strong anthology that gave me a few new authors to look into (Eden, Evens and Kreger) as well as a short from my favorite YA series. Plus the proceeds help breast cancer research, so you can't go wrong checking this out.

Halloween Frost by Jennifer Estep - trick or treating Mythos Academy style!

The Fat Cat by Edie Ramer - a witch and her cat take on a man draining women. I disliked the ending (view spoiler)
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
Entangled is a paranormal anthology containing 11 stories by authors: Jennifer Estep, Edie Ramer, Nancy Haddock, Misty Evans, Dale Mayer, Cynthia Eden, Michelle Miles, Lori Brighton, Liz Kreger, Michelle Diener and Allison Brennan. Of these authors I’ve only read Cynthia Eden’s work before, so 10 of these authors are completely new to me though I have heard of Jennifer Estep and have her book Spider’s Bite coming up soon in my TBR List.

As far as I can tell the only stories in this anthology that
Keziah
Feb 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Yup, another novella collection. My aim in to reduce my Currently Reading shelf and then to tackle my To Read shelf so these were easy targets even if they are a little boring at times. This book had some fantastic stories and some just plain average ones.

HALLOWEEN FROST by Jennifer Estep
3.5 Stars
I love this series, but this novella just didn't really feel like it added much to the series. Perhaps that's because I have finished the series, I don't know...

THE FAT CAT by Edie Tamer
3.5 Stars
This st
April
Sep 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entangled,a Paranormal Anthology by various paranormal authors is an exciting paranormal with various stories by various authors. In buying this anthology you have contributed funds to Breast Cancer Research Foundation,thanks to these generous author’s work.All proceeds go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. I would recommend this anthology to any and all paranormal readers. These authors have done outstanding work in their stories. While some of the stories are chapters some are complete ...more
Cyn Armistead
Jul 27, 2012 rated it liked it
I picked this anthology up because all proceeds go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, which is a wonderful cause. Many of the authors' lives have been touched by cancer in one way or another, some first-hand. The volume is Halloween-themed, as well.

I don't believe I've read anything but short stories by any of these authors in the past except for Jennifer Estep, and I haven't read the Mythos Academy series in which her story is set. I'm more likely to read it now than I was before.

"Hallow
Melissa
Sep 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
I decided to do a mini review of this book since the descriptions were so good at profiling all the stories within this book. This was an enjoyable anthology even though some of the author afterwords were a bit bittersweet since many of them knew of someone with breast cancer or cancer in general. I've always believed that the cure to one cancer will lead to others (and cures for other diseases as well), so I believe it is important to support these endeavors even if it isn't the type of cancer ...more
Niina
Oct 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Seriously, what can I say? I love short paranormal suspense stories! And you can really beat the bunch line here all the proceeds go to the Cancer Foundation. :) No one can feel bad about buying this book. I really enjoyed all the stories, I loved the Halloween theme!

I feel like I'm so bad at reviewing anthologies - because a good anthology to me has stories in an order that makes sense to a reader, which Entangled has. But I find it hard to evaluate the stories on there own when there are many.
Darcy
This review is based only on the following stories:

Jennifer Estep - This short was set in the Mythos Academy. I loved how blase Gwen was about Halloween, more interested in the treats that the costume and other goodies that they got. It didn't surprise me that trouble seemed to find Gwen and that she handily took care of it, too bad about the lost treats though.

Cynthia Eden - This short seemed like it would easily fit in her shifter series set in New Orleans. I did like Julian and felt sorry for
Romance Readers R...: [Buddy Read] Entangled 3 20 Oct 07, 2011 12:21PM
  • Wild & Steamy (Includes: Iron Seas #0.4; The Disillusionists Trilogy #2.5)
  • First Frost (Mythos Academy, #0.5)
  • Chicks Kick Butt
  • Those Who Fight Monsters: Tales of Occult Detectives
  • Blood by Moonlight (Includes: The Asylum Tales #1.5)
  • The Wild Side: Urban Fantasy with an Erotic Edge
  • The Mammoth Book Of Paranormal Romance 2
  • Here Be Monsters: An Anthology of Monster Tales
  • The Mammoth Book of Hot Romance
  • Tales From The SFR Brigade
  • Naked City: Tales of Urban Fantasy
  • The Real Werewives of Vampire County (Guardians of Eternity, #8.5)
  • A Girl's Guide to Guns and Monsters
  • First Blood (Includes: Laws Of The Blood, #5.5; Vegas Vampires, #5; Vampire Babylon, #3.5; The Guardians, #3.5)
  • Huntress (Cin Craven #3.5, Black London #1.5)
Edie is funnier on the page than in real life. A USA Today bestselling author, she writes stories with heart, attitude, and magic. She lives in southeastern Wisconsin with her husband and a very special cat. She loves to hear from readers. You can connect with her at her website: www.edieramer.com

More about Edie Ramer

Oldest City Vampire (5 books)
  • La Vida Vampire (Oldest City Vampire, #1)
  • Last Vampire Standing (Oldest City Vampire, #2)
  • Always the Vampire (Oldest City Vampire, #3)
  • Entranced: A Halloween Box Set

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Caves of Steel (Robot, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
  • The Great Glass Sea
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)