Start by marking “Cows Going Past” as Want to Read:
Cows Going Past

Cows Going Past

3.35  ·  Rating details ·  62 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Come along for a ride and see the most entertaining, surprising cows youcould ever imagine.Cows fishing, cows playing mini golf, cows mowing the lawn. . . .There are plenty of amusements in this book full of whimsy and cheer. It will remind you of Sandra Boynton and Go, Dog, Go, but with wordplay and visual humor all its own.This is a sprightly, friendly charmer that will ...more
Published May 19th 2005 by Dial

To ask other readers questions about Cows Going Past, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cows Going Past

babyhippoface
Feb 22, 2008 rated it liked it
In a picture book that seems inspired by children’s literature classics, a child in a car see cows of different colors engaged in an unusual variety of activities, all of which are described in a textual style imitating P.D. Eastman’s beloved Go, Dog, Go (“Baby cows standing. We wave. Big cows glaring. Be brave.”). Nash’s computer-generated illustrations in periwinkle, orange, yellow, and green reflect the style of “Pat the Bunny,” Lois Lenski’s “Mr. Small” books, and Curious George. The story m ...more
Myra
May 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is my two-year old daughter's MOST FAVORITE book right now. When you sit back and read it, there should be no question why, either: repetitive words and phrases, vivid and colorful illustrations, funny scenarios, a quick tale of an exciting trip, and COWS! If I had a quarter for every time my daughter has come to me and said, "Read da bow-wow cows, pwease," I would be a rich woman indeed! If you have small children and have not yet read this book to them, please...make it a point to do so. ...more
Sarah (Workaday Reads)
The reader goes on a journey in the car past a whole lot of cows. They are unusual cows, and many are doing funny things like cutting the grass or playing baseball.

Cows are an endless source of mooing in our house. Very page was accompanied by several moos. Very cute pictures, with a simple storyline. This makes a funny and quick read.
Sarah Ashburn
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: language-play
Loved this book for students. The phonics included in the literature of this book is a great deal. They did a great deal of including similar sounds and repetition which is good for new readers. This would be a great book for students who are just learning to read because it includes many simple sight words.
Heidi-Marie
This was a borderline book for me, but it seemed too much for the toddler. If I used it in a preschool storytime, I would probably do some kind of focus with the colors. Otherwise, this was a filler book that I ended up not needing.
Dolly
Jul 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fun, rhyming book about various things seen on a car trip, primarily cows. It's a bit silly, but the bouncy narrative and colorful illustrations are entertaining for young children. It's a good book for beginning readers and our youngest really liked it.
Edna
Sep 10, 2010 rated it liked it
Fun book for learning colors using cows that are out in the fields, playing and doing things that people do.
Colleen
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I pulled this from the bookshelf to read to my son. It was one of my daughter's favorites.
Laurel
Jun 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-faves
Perhaps I have a cow book obsession...
Joan
Mar 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Another book 3-year-old Colin and I read often. One of his favorites.
Katy