Start by marking “Hunted” as Want to Read:
Hunted

Hunted

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  160 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Seventeen-year-old Lily Atwater has always kept to herself, living a lonely life with her workaholic dad. Not the most thrilling life, but it’s quiet and ordinary, two things she’s come to expect from living in Victor Hills, Michigan.

When kind and mysterious Alex takes refuge in her home, she is suddenly thrown into his world of werewolves, a world he wants to keep her sa
Published (first published August 8th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunted

Kamilla
Feb 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
ARC read through before it went to the printers. Found myself laughing and smiling at all the jokes and just the sweet sweet love story. Even though I've read Hunted 6 times no, it's still nice on the last read through to find amusement in the story. Lily and Alex are just so sweet
Krys

Hunted was written by Michigan local author, DJ DeSmyter, when he was 18 years old. It's quite the accomplishment to be published so young. DeSmyter should be very proud of himself.

In DeSmyter's debut novel we meet Lily, soft and quiet. Lily lives with her father in Victor Hills Michigan. Lily is a very lonely girl, isolated, invalidated. Lily has grown up very withdrawn and doesn't value herself very highly. One day her father brings home a stranger, a young man named Alex whose just as poorly
Mandie Baxter
Jul 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book-owned, own
Not your typical werewolf story! I love the fact that's it's genetic, not magic, that causes the change. Not to mention that Lily and Alex are adorable! Incredible imagery and action packed. Must read.
Tammi
Oct 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story starts out with the telling of how Julia was murdered by wolves. It doesn’t explain who Julia or the person who is narrating the story at this point is. Then you get your first introduction to Alex Moreau. He is a werewolf and is hunted and trapped in a shed. That is where John Atwater comes in. He rescues Alex. When he finds out that Alex doesn’t know where his family is, he takes him into his home and introduces him to Lily Atwater, his daughter. His one condition is that Lily must n ...more
Alex Bennett
For more than any other reason, I wanted to read Hunted because of the author. I’ve personally met DJ DeSmyter and he is a very cool guy. So when I sat down and started Hunted, his first novel, I was very eager to see how skilled he was as a writer. And while I can say I am impressed, there are also some things about Hunted that I did not enjoy.

Hunted is a plain paranormal romance. Lily Atwater is a plain, yet intelligent girl, whose single father is barely around. Then Lily meets Alex, who is d
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
Hunted is one of those books I enjoy sitting down with after a long day. It's a fun story that you can kick you feet up, grab a blanket and relax with. DJ did a great job at capturing my attention from the get go with his intense prologue. He created a story that intrigued me and had me wanting to know more about his werewolf-mythology, the romance and his characters.

Like Maggie Stiefvater's wolves, I love that DJ gave his wolves a realistic feel and not some hollywood movie rendition of wolves.
Precious
Feb 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First and foremost, I loved the prologue and the beginning of the book. The scenes were haunting, intense and intriguing. It began with Alex waking up in a cage after being separated with the rest of his family. He was naked, wounded and utterly alone. Although he was beginning to heal, he was still weak. DJ’s version of a werewolf was one of the simplest and most human I’ve ever encountered. They turn into wolves, have super senses but are still undeniably human. I like that the humanity was pr ...more
Jamie Manning
Feb 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First off, my apologies to the author...I thought I had already posted a review of his book! I must say that DeSmyter's HUNTED is a breath of fresh air that I really enjoyed. I know that most people don't like the head-over-heels love when the main characters are teenagers, but I for one do!

Alex and Lily are well-written characters that truly love one another, putting that love above trivial things and thinking of each other first--something that we could all take lead from. Alex is by far my f
Ashley Lavering
The first two chapters really threw me (they are short chapters though:-). It took me until the third chapter until I could finally ground myself in the story. It is a very clean and sweet romance. I enjoyed the wolf lore. I did wish that the characters could've grown more by the end of the novel. And I would've loved to see more plot tension and mishap going on (I did skim quite a bit due to it..sorry). D.J. did a wonderful job having tension and sweetness between the love couple. I liked how h ...more
Debbie
Oct 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a nice change to read a YA paranormal story written by a man. The fact that this was his first book, I found the thoughts and interchange between Alex and Lily refreshing and not too intense for first loves. It was nice that these two young people were building a relationship with one another without the sex involved. Lily is such an introvert and like many introverts they have a lot to offer even if they are quiet. Lily quickly accepts Alex being a werewolf without judgement. Alex who is ...more
Melanie Marks
Mar 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Only a dollar!!!!!

Sweet little YA romance with werewolf lure. It's only a dollar and sooo sweet!

Here is the summary from the book:

Courtney
Jul 31, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was by far the worst book I've ever read. The plot was boring and simplistic. The characters were boring and simplistic and the entire novel was really predictable. I really expected more from this novel. Ive been interested in this book ever since I came acrossed it while doing Colleen Houcks YA Scavenger hunt but after forcing myself to finish it I'm extremely disappointed. I'll be asking amazon for my .99 cents back...
Lburt
Nov 06, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Really wanted to like this book but found it flat. I'm generally fine with the insta-love plot if they have a reason for it like a mate bond type situation. But the charcaters in this book had no reason for being "in love" a week after they meet each other. Then theres no "meat" to the plot there at school a lot but besides the occational teacher no one else talks at the school. Really its just not real at all.
Michael Asbrock
I think the innocence of this book is what I enjoyed the most. No love triangles, petty jealousies, etc. Though the tension lagged a bit in places, it was still enjoyable, and I loved the characters.
Chelsea Mathews
A quick read, I'm assuming there will be a second book because this book came to an abrupt stop out of no where! That being my only issue with the book, other then that its a quick read with a good story line and enjoyable characters.
Melissa ownsbey
Jul 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book was great i lovede iti am now a fan i loved the fact it had werewolovesw in it i could not put it down i hope everyone gets a chacie to pick up on copy and read it it was great iwon this book on good reads
Lani Woodland
Aug 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very sweet love story. :)
Laura Lea
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! One of my absolute favorites! Easy and simple yet kept the story interesting and moving right along! Easy book to read in an afternoon! Recommend!
Shel
Feb 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Though the story seemed a bit rushed, it is still really good. I didn't see anywhere that this is the start of a series but I do hope it is.
D.J.
Oct 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
It's my book--of course I love it. :-)
Patty
Aug 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
looks and sounds awesome!!!!
Hannah
Dec 11, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was really good. I liked it because it didn't have a R rated feeling. But it could of had more detail bit over all I give it a 4 :) u need to read this :)
Kim Chappell
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
loved the characters Alex and Lilly. well written. exciting and young love
Evan Guzniczak
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Any one who is a wherewolf fan and likes suspence with a hint of romance this book is for you.
Sherrie
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

good book just wished it would have been a little longer and wasn't quite happy with the ending.
Veronica Pearson
I really enjoyed this book. The ending left me wanting more and I really hope that there will be a sequel.
Luna Chulhan
This is book is sweet and fun but it was a bit predicitable and bland. The action need more omph and so did the romance. It was too calm
Amy
Jan 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Awesome. Love books like this written by men. Looking forward to more from DeSmyter. Full review to come.
Britney
Dec 28, 2012
Mari
Sep 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Moonglow (The Darkborn Legacy, #1)
  • The Underground
  • The Cupid War: All Love Is Warfare
  • Fallen Angel
  • Initiation (The Warrior, #1)
  • Unforgettable
  • Werelove Special Omnibus edition (Werelove)
  • Tunnel Vision
  • One More Son
  • Destined, a novel of the Tarot
  • Silver Moon (Silver Moon, #1)
  • I Kissed a Dog (Werewolves of the West, #1)
  • One Man's Castle
  • Outsider (Outsider, #1)
  • Real Illusions: Stories
  • Blood Rites
  • Insight (Shadows, #1)
  • Griffin Rising (Griffin, #1)
DJ DeSmyter is a writer, photographer, and collector of myths and fairy tales. He is an assistant marketing manager for St. Martin's Press/Wednesday Books. He lives in New York City. For more information, visit www.djwrites.com or follow him on Twitter @lifeinfiction.
More about D.J. DeSmyter

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
  • The Miseducation of Cameron Post
    $9.74 $1.99
  • I Am Not a Serial Killer (John Cleaver, #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • I Capture the Castle
  • Impulse (Jumper, #3)
  • Saving Zoë
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)