Start by marking “Banned Questions about Jesus” as Want to Read:
Banned Questions about Jesus

Banned Questions about Jesus

. Did Jesus ever have sex? . Was Jesus ever wrong? . Do people have to choose to follow Jesus to go to heaven? Ever get the feeling that you can't ask those kinds of questions at church? But if we can't ask the tough, keep-you-awake-at-night questions within our faith communities, then what good are those communities? Listen in as more than a dozen contributors-whose ranks ...more
Published July 1st 2011 by Chalice Press (first published June 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Banned Questions about Jesus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Banned Questions about Jesus

Kelly Walker
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Talk about challenging thoughts and beliefs. But sooo worth it. I love the fact we can question and know that God is ok with it. He may even answer too!
Greg Dill
Sep 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Overall, the book was good. I thoroughly appreciated the fresh new insight it offered. And, these insights certainly made for an interesting read. But, if one is looking for scholarly input then this book will disappoint. Most (not all) of the answers provided in this book come from everyday people like you and me. Although I did recognize a few names of those who have a seminary/teaching background. Nevertheless, one does not have to be a scholar to know Jesus. And, it's good to hear fresh pers ...more
Lee Harmon
Jan 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Let me say first that this is shaping up into a great series! This is the second book, following closely on the heels of Banned Questions About the Bible [http://www.dubiousdisciple.com/2011/1...]. As with book one, Piatt’s MO here is to collect a number of uncomfortable questions, typically issues that we would feel awkward about discussing with our pastor, and then pose the questions to contributors. There are fifty questions in each book.

While it deserves a five-star review in its own way, I
Robert D. Cornwall
Nov 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Under the editorship of Christian Piatt, as with Banned Questions of the Bible, 50 questions are asked, followed by 3-4 responses, from a variety of contributors. Most are progressive or liberal, but not all. It's an attempt to raise questions, offer answers, but in a way that doesn't close down conversation but encourages it. Along with each question/response there are further readings suggested along with discussion questions.

It should be a useful book for individual use and group use. Check
Eric Ledermann
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This series is a great way to invite small groups to explore those questions we used to get in trouble during Sunday School for asking (or got chastised by fellow Christians for asking). The responses from respected authors are refreshing, realistic, and faithful. I highly encourage this for high school youth groups, college/young adult groups, and any group! Warning: the responses are definitely from a Gen-X/Millennial and more progressive Christian perspective.
Darrell Vandervort
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An excellent way to deal with difficult questions, compile a group to provide answers with guidance from other sources and questions to promote further dialogue. As this book, as many of the contributors themselves, come from the tradition of the Disciples of Christ it is important that we reclaim the concept of an informed faith. We are to bring education into the study of the Bible. We are to use reason as well as emotion in ministry. This is an excellent resource for the church.
Linda Brendle
Oct 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Like "Banned Questions about the Bible," this book is a bit liberal for me. However, it asks questions that make you think about what you believe and why. Scripture references and suggested discussion questions make it a good choice for group studies.
Alex Ronke
Douglas
Feb 08, 2015
Caroline
Mar 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Liked the first book much better.
Craig Caroon
May 30, 2012
Emmanuelle
Dec 10, 2011
Looking forward to this 1 2 Oct 19, 2011 06:38PM
I once heard a surgeon tell an author that he had always wanted to write a novel.

"That's funny," said the author, "I've always wanted to perform brain surgery."

Writing as a hobby is one thing; writing as a passionate obsession is entirely another; writing professionally is equal parts megalomania and masochism.

I started out writing arts reviews for a local paper, moving on to features and a few o