Start by marking “Little Library Mouse: even when you are little you can imagine big” as Want to Read:
Little Library Mouse: even when you are little you can imagine big

Little Library Mouse: even when you are little you can imagine big

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  79 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
At closing time a key locks the library, and unlocks the dreams of a little mouse who waits in the shadows. Skipping, sliding, down the pages of books--he steps inside magical stories, inviting readers to come along for the ride.

Witty verse and verse and fantastical illustrations celebrate the joys of reading in this tale with innovative charm.

Kindle Edition
Published by Stephanie Lisa Tara Children's Books® (first published January 28th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Little Library Mouse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Library Mouse

Candace
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The blog tour for this book (and her other children's books) is running through April 22nd, 2013. You can enter to win $500 in Amazon Gift Cards (DOUBLED if you review them!) and a Kindle Fire. Tour page is found here: http://www.candacesbookblog.com/2013/...

If I was a teacher I'd be all over reading this book aloud to the class. This book is SO fun to read aloud! I actually announced to my 4 year old we were going to read a story so I could read it one more time before I wrote this review. I wa
Heidi
Apr 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four stars: A wonderful adventure that shows where books can take a young reader.
The library closes for the night. In the shadows awaits a curious mouse. He nudges open a book and experiences the wonders that await in the pages. Where can he travel while reading a book? Who can he be? What can he do? What is waiting inside a book? As the night unfolds, the little mouse shows a young reader all the magical and wondrous things that they can encounter while using their imagination and reading a boo
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
In the simple rhyming text here a little white mouse describes the types and genres of stories he and his sister mouse read after the library is closed for the night. Alex Walton draws the cutest mice--the boy mouse with his blue bow tie and the girl with her little red bow, with curling tails and whiskers. However, I didn't care for the mouse man who seemed to be coming out of the books to tell them stories, because he had a mouse head but the body of a man. I would have preferred a dressed-up ...more
Nadine Larter
A sweet little story poem about reading. I love the illustrations too and I must admit that I often buy books just because I think the illustrations are pretty. I have now started downloading children's books onto my ipad because I am hoping that my son might prefer them to real books. Sadly I can't get the kid to show any interest in the gorgeous books in his bedroom! But maybe he'll like them if he can turn the pages by swiping his finger over the touch screen!
Amy_Read to My Heart's Content
My Thoughts:
I have to say Little Library Mouse has become one of my all time favorite story books. I absolutely loved this story so much due to all the creativity among its pages! The illustrations captured my eyes with love with their old school charm and the rustic narrator mouse that graces the pages. This book could make even the most reluctant reader become giddy with the excitement over the adventures awaiting them in the library.
Again, I have to tell you how much I LOVE the rhymes in sto
Amy Fournier
I had so much fun reading this book with my daughter. It is bursting with awesome illustrations full of imagination!! It inspires you to have a creative mind. As long as you have an imagination, you can never feel truly alone. Your mind is great company if you know how to use it right.

This book is about a little mouse in a library all by itself with just the books. Instead of feeling alone, it steps into the pages of the books. It can be anyone or do anything as long as it can imagine it. We go
Heather
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Little Library Mouse is a book about a book lover's dream! Living inside a library and then inside the stories in the book. This story is a fabulous way to show young readers just how limitless their imaginations can be when they fall into a book! The words rhyme and make you want to get up and move about as you read. It's fun to read, to see all the books the mouse finds himself in and the vast array of things he discovers in books. The illustrations in this one are different. Black and white o ...more
Vidya-BooksAreMagic
Apr 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
So, what will you do, if someone gives you a key to the library and you own it for the rest of the night? More than what you will do, how will you feel? I know I will just be the happiest person in the world. A library, people - for you alone for the next 12 or so hours.. That will be so amazing.

This book is about a mouse after the working hours of the library. Remember, this mouse loves books - well, not to eat but to read. It loves that the books takes it different places and gives the opport
Stephanie Cover2CoverBlog
I love, love, loved this book. I am a fan of libraries (obviously books are something I adores) and of cute little mice. Little Library Mouse is all about the stories and imagination and I found myself giggling as I read the beautiful verses. You can be anything you want to be as long as you put your mind and maybe imagination to it and the cute little mice sure do; they are chefs and clowns, and lions and tigers and the storytelling is adorable.

The images again in this book, I'd say are better
Monchel Jones
Mar 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The excitement in the book, "Little Library Mouse" was very eye catching. This story was about A key that locks at closing time at the libraryand unlocks the dreams of a little mouse who waits in the shadows. Skipping, sliding, down the pages of books.He steps inside magical stories, inviting readers to come along for the ride. The age group for this story would be around ages 5 and up. The main artistic element that I loved was the color because although the color was dull it still had meaning ...more
Charles
I thought this was a charming little book. I actually got it for the kindle, the original kindle, which may have been an issue with my enjoyment. This is a book of very short poems interspersed with images that illustrated them. The images were very good but I wasn't able to see them in color on the Kindle, of course. The poems were apparently uploaded as images too, which meant I couldn't change the font size and the writing was quite small. So, I wouldn't give it great kudos for formatting, bu ...more
Jessica at Book Sake
Reviewed by Jessica for Book Sake.

My favorite of all of Stephanie’s books. This one spoke to me and the reasoning that I love getting lost in books. This story can inspire reluctant readers and show them what they can get from books. There are so many ways that this Little Library Mouse gets lost in books and so many characters it can be!

Book Received: For free from author in exchange for an honest review.
Andrea
Little Library Mouse was a story that my children thought was cute and fun, and they liked it. I found it to be amusing, and we all enjoyed the illustrations. The verse was nice, and the rhythm made it easy to follow for the kids.

Little Library Mouse was a charming story that really inspires the imagination.

Bea  Charmed
The text and illustrations work very well together and the message, that books are a source of knowledge and that imagination can take you any where, is a good one. The text is a little awkward and stiff at times but it's a delightful story.
Heather
Very cute book in prose with great art work
Jesse Deleon
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fun book to share!

Stephanie Lisa Tara book is perfect for sharing anytime with anyone. The illustrations are fabulous and funny. A new fan.
Janette Fuller
Jan 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
"Even when you are little, you can imagine big"....that is how this story begins. A little white mouse hears the key locking the library door after it closes for the day. The mouse and his friends explore the contents of many different kinds of library books and imagine that they are characters in the stories.

The story is written in a delightful rhyming prose that children will love. Each rhyme is written in five short sentences that include a wealth of book/library vocabulary words.

Alex Walton
Bettie Campbell
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very Nice.

I love the poetry and lighthearted feel to this little story. I love books that show the beauty of reading. This one gets five stars easily being the one to get my little one to sleep :)
M. J.
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Text tooSmall on iPad

I think this book might be good, but it was hard to tell since the print was very,very small on my iPad. And since I am a grandmother it helps to see what I am reading.
The Brothers
Jan 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: books, libraries, mice, reading
A mouse lives dozens of different lives in the books of the library. A bit too abstract for both Asher (6 yo) and Dex (4 yo).

Illustrations are colorful and engaging.
Jen
Aug 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Cute, quick read. I wasn't overly fond of the sing-songy rhyming, but the pictures were gorgeous! The color and detail were beautiful. Not a bad choice for a bedtime book for a little one.
Lillian Angelovic
Mar 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Clever pitter-pat of mouse feet through the library!
Renee Delcourt
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cute

The kids thought it was okay but it wasn't really something my five year old felt to interested in. He ended up fidgeting through the book more than reading.
Marco
Nathan
Sep 29, 2017
Serena
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To me this book read like a poem with illustrations, and I really loved the way it felt. Poetry exploring imagination, with lots of cute details (like mouse footprints, paper airplanes, leaves, or snowflake fractals) around the words and cute full colour illustrations on the facing pages of each verse.
« previous 1 3 next »
Stephanie Lisa Tara founded a publishing company that empowers kids to care about the planet, themselves and each other. Her creed is activism, inspiring the next generation to make the world a better place. Adults love her books because they help explain 'stuff' in gentle, giggly ways. Kids love her books because they are super fun to read. Who is Stephanie? A San Francisco mom with a great big h ...more
More about Stephanie Lisa Tara

$7.49 $1.99
  • The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success
  • The Little Giant of Aberdeen County
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Her Sister's Shoes (Sweeney Sisters #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • A Thousand Tomorrows (Cody Gunner, #1)
  • Shoeless Joe
  • Death in Venice
  • Blonde
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ever After (Lost Love, #2)
  • Rescue
  • The Lords of Discipline
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Sheltering Sky
  • Gena/Finn
    $14.99 $3.99
  • Remember Tuesday Morning (9/11, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Scavenger's Daughters (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters #1)
  • Under the Udala Trees
  • The Streets Have No King
  • The Passion
    $11.00 $1.99
  • The Language of Hoofbeats
  • Not Perfect: A Novel
  • The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles, #3)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Half a Heart
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Keeper of Secrets: A Novel
    $9.24 $1.99
  • A Garden of Earthly Delights (Wonderland Quartet, #1)
  • The Golden Notebook
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Life of Christ
  • The Good Mother
    $5.74 $1.99
  • The Palest Ink (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters Prequel)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
  • As Close to Us as Breathing: A Novel
  • The Child in Time
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Lowcountry Stranger (Sweeney Sisters Series Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Man in 3B
  • Save Me
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
  • Time Bomb
  • Heat and Light: A Novel
  • Reunion
  • Stay Up With Me
  • The Loser
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P.
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Map and the Territory
    $8.99 $2.99
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Father's Day
  • Skeletons at the Feast
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Even Now (Lost Love, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sackett's Land: The Sacketts (Sacketts, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Bright Beauty
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Intervention (An Intervention Novel)
  • Star Sand
  • The Wednesday Sisters
  • Allie and Bea
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Shanghai Girls (Shanghai Girls #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • All the Summer Girls
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The Girl From the Train
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Bitter Winds (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters, #3)
  • If I Loved You, I Would Tell You This
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Fear of Flying
    $19.99 $1.99
  • A Virtuous Woman (Oprah's Book Club)
    $15.95 $1.99
“pages of books--he steps inside magical stories, inviting readers to come along for the ride. Witty verse and verse and fantastical” 0 likes