Start by marking “Midnight Rescue (Killer Instincts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Rescue (Killer Instincts, #1)

Midnight Rescue

(Killer Instincts #1)

Dangerous. Ruthless. Savage. And she's the good guy.

Abby Sinclair had a desperate childhood until she was rescued and adopted by a retired army ranger who molded her into a master of self-defense. Now, she's a cunning and fearless assassin thrust into assignment after dangerous assignment, using everything she has-nerve, resilience, strength, sex-to come out on top. Her on
Mass Market Paperback, 354 pages
Published May 1st 2012 by Signet Eclipse

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Rescue, please sign up.
AJ I've only read the first book, but I can already tell you that you're going to need to read these in order. They each feature a different couple, but…moreI've only read the first book, but I can already tell you that you're going to need to read these in order. They each feature a different couple, but the first books is already setting up future storyline. Read it in the order intended, and you can't go wrong :)(less)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
3.5 Stars

Midnight Rescue was a pretty good read for me. There were some things I didn't like, but a lot I did like. Abby was hard to warm up too as she was so closed off and cold. Kane was great, sexy and protective! I also really liked the plot! I think if I would have connected to Abby more I would have loved this book! On to the next one!!!!!
Auntee
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Cindy Gerard; RS fans
Looking for some exciting, Cindy Gerard's BOI's-type romantic suspense? Check out Elle Kennedy's latest, the first in her promising new Killer Instincts series.

Not only do you get a team of super-bad, super hunky mercenaries (who only take out the bad guys) much like Gerard's BOIs, but as an added bonus, you are introduced to a team of female assassins, led by the beautiful and mysterious Noelle (that's her on the cover). That's right, kick-ass heroines in this one as well as some sexy bad boys.
♥Rachel♥
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
You probably recognize Elle Kennedy’s name from her hit New Adult books, The Deal and The Mistake, but she’s also the writer of fabulous romantic suspense novels. I read Midnight Action (book 5) and really enjoyed it so I jumped at the chance to start this action packed series from the beginning! Midnight Rescue was full of suspense, danger, and of course, a sexy romance.

Abby is one of Noelle’s Chameleons, elite female assassins/operatives, and Abby is one of the best. As a teenager she was res
Vaneesha
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
AAAAAAAAAND SHE'S DONE IT AGAIN!!!!!!! So here we have another Elle Kennedy book that I think was hella fantastic.

Don't get me wrong, this wasn't without its flaws (eyes were described in super vivid detail far too frequently, "dark-skinned" was used, the "bad guys" and "victims" were all POC). I'm really prickly about these things, I'm always going to notice them, and I doubt I will ever find a book that I don't find problematic. Perhaps I'm getting desensitized - or I'm coming to accept the f
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 4 Hearts!!! <3 :D

description

There is no better proof for readers that an author has exceptional writing skills than said author showing versatile dexterity in various genres. Elle Kennedy is one such author – excelling not only in New Adult with her Off-Campus series, but also in romantic suspense with Midnight Rescue, a gripping start to the Killer Instincts series.

Midnight Rescue reaches out and grabs hold from the very first page, thrusting us into a dark and gritty world where mercenaries a
AH
I think that I would love to see this book and the rest of the Killer Instincts series as a TV series. The international settings, the handsome and brawny men, the beautiful women... I can just imagine Jim Morgan's crew - D, Trevor, Ethan, Kane, Luke, swaggering around their safe house (think very large estate). These are ex-military off-the-grid lethal warriors - professionals. And Noelle's crew of female operatives - beautiful, efficient, and deadly. The teams work together when one of Noelle' ...more
Lauren
Midnight Rescue
3 Stars

Rescued from an abusive foster home and raised by an Army Ranger, Abby Sinclair is a ruthless killer with only one rule: Trust no one. But when her assignment in Columbia goes wrong, Abby must put her faith in the team of mercenaries sent in to rescue her. One in particular, Kane Woodland, a former Navy SEAL, forces the beautiful assassin to re-evaluate her priorities, and take the chance that working with others may just be the only way to save herself as well as the girls
★★★
Midnight Rescue was an emotional, sexy, and action-filled romantic suspense novel. It features two couples, one more primary than the other, but I felt thoroughly engaged/invested in both. I am really enjoying this author because she doesn't just write sex without story. In this book, although there are moments of heavy romance, the story is the focal point and I liked it that way. Actually, I wished there was even less romance but that's not necessarily a criticism. Themes of substance inclu
AJ
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 All-round baddassery stars

I’ve been meaning to dive into this series for a while now, and I’m so excited I’ve finally made a start! Featuring strong, alpha heroes, strong, equally badass heroines, a bit of drama, a bit of humour, some suspense and heaps of action, this book had me hooked from start to finish and I loved it.

After a horrific upbringing, Abby was adopted by a neighbour when she was a teenager - a neighbour who just happened to be a badass military man and who taught her self-defe
Saly
I found this to be a promising start to a new military series, the premise is really good, a bunch of kick-ass female assassins run by Noelle, drop-dead gorgeous and totally cool and a bunch of mercs(all former military), run by filthy rich Jim Morgan, their team specializes in extraction.

The characters are all very interesting and the book moved really fast. Morgan's team is hired by Noelle to extract one of her own Abby. Morgan and Noelle don't seem to like each other but when Morgan hears tha
LaFleurBleue
Oct 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
A major disappointment. I was looking forward to this new series with former special forces heros, but too much is too much.
The whole series relies on a fatal attraction between one after the other men belonging to Jim Morgan's operations with one after the other women belonging to Noelle's operations. I already know (and knew it as soon as I met Noelle) that by the end of the series those two operations will be merged and each and every one happily paired. And the ending is not even written or
Kathrynn
Did not care for the Abby's character at all. She was too everything. The entire group of "elite" female assassins seemed hokey to me. Abby's character got on my last nerve and it was a struggle for me to finish this book, but I did. Slowly.

Felt a lot of potential, but really had to suspend belief (too much) for this one to work. Abby made my too stupid to live shelf. Pronto. Then preceded to ring that bell several times throughout the book. She was an IDIOT. How was she going to go swimming wi
Marta Cox
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fancy a little romantic suspense? Adore ex military types who are all protective? Then this new to me series will be a must read as Ms Kennedy starts with a bang and keeps the tension and pace right until the end . Add in top notch female ( yes female!) assassins and this author seems to have hit on a winning formula as who doesn't love seeing those big butch guys taken down a peg or two but the fairer sex?
Abby is our heroine and as the story starts she's in deep undercover on a mission but has
Ezinwanyi
Sep 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommended to Ezinwanyi by: Krissy
3.5 stars.

This story was a typical romantic suspense but with a set of lady special op agents to go with the trained men.

Abby Sinclair was a member of Noelle’s chameleons. A team of female operatives trained to do deep undercover for some years to take down criminal enterprise all over the world. In this story, Abby was deep undercover to take out a Columbian arms and drug dealer named Blanco, but will on duty, she got sidetracked by a personal mission. She unsuccessfully attempted to free other
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup. (on blog 2/2/18)
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2AHNP2V

This series, yall, it's something. A band of female assassins heading off against a team of male mercenaries. And their bosses...who cannot stand one other. Damn inconvenient when their operatives start meeting and falling in love. Damn it all!

The Gist: Abby blew her cover. Got herself thrown in a torture chamber and well and truly fucked. But she had her reasons. 13 of them in fact--young girls about to
Sunny
Mar 29, 2012 rated it really liked it

Abby Sinclair
Kane Woodland
Isabel Rosa
Trevor Callaghan

Midnight Rescue is the first in the Killer Instincts series. This is the kind of adrenaline-inducing, heart-melting story I love. It is fun and fast paced, and I was hooked from page 5. I’m used to reading romantic suspense books with alpha male Black Ops characters but this one stands out for the strong female mercenaries that more than hold their own with the men.

Abby Sinclair is a assassin who works for the mysterious Noelle - quee
Thenia
Abby is an assassin in a bind of her own making. Abandoning her latest mission when she discovers that her target plans to sell more than weapons, she deliberately gets herself captured in order to rescue the helpless girls her target intends to auction off.

Her team leader is concerned by the lack of communication and reaches out to a group of tough as nails mercenaries to extract her. Kane is part of the team sent to get her out, and second in command of Jim Morgan's mercenaries. He gets to bab
nick
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it

When I finished reading Elle Kennedy's The Mistake, I was going through some major Elle Kennedy withdrawals, so I decided to look further into her other books. Now, I'm usually one to shy away from romantic suspense novels with killer main characters, but I knew that if there was one author who could handle the subject matter, then it would be Elle Kennedy. Turns out, I was absolutely right! Midnight Rescue was one heck of a dark, gloomy and uncomfortable read at times. After all, it did handle
Andrea
Jan 27, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
This is an extremely rape- and child sexual abuse- heavy book. I found it extremely difficult to read as the book continually dwells on and brings up the most traumatic events in every characters' life.

I found it very difficult to be open to any romance/sexual interest between the hero and the heroine as it is very literally sandwiched between more revelations of childhood SA and ongoing emotional torture by the main villain. I just can't get into that. It quite literally made me queasy.

The "h
Shannon
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
Ergh. Everything about this book made me angry. Everyone has been abused, suffered some great trauma in their lives, blah blah (and don't get me wrong, I love me some damaged characters, but you've got to handle it well - this felt more like one-upmanship. "Oh, I see your trauma, and I raise you my trauma"). Way too much violence against women, women who survived horrific circumstances but still require men to save them from themselves, men who tell said women that its different with them, even ...more
Heidi
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 to 4. A very determined kick-ass assassin, Abby “I can take care of myself. I’ve been doing it since I was eight years old and I’m pretty damn good at it. I can kill a person in a hundred different ways. I’m perfectly fine with being alone—it’s what I’ve always preferred.” .......Is the main female character.

Kane is a hired ex navy SEAL hottie who works for the "good guys".

The shit goes down and people need to be rescued. Enter Abby and Kane.

It's a lot more than sounding that simple. Be
AliciaJ
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves a badass heroine
Man, what a ride! For the first time in a long time I actually think I fell more in love with the heroine than the hero. Abby was kick-ass! And I totally got where she was coming from with her fear of relationships and commitment. It made sense to me, and I have to say, it was a nice change from the typical. And the story was just as awesome as the characters. I am completely on board with this new series and can't wait to read the next one.
1-Click Addict Support Group
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
"Dangerous. Ruthless. Savage. And she's the good guy."

This is just the beginning of the synopsis of Midnight Rescue by Elle Kennedy. Sexy thriller, is what I would call it. Hot women, even HOTTER MEN ready to take on the criminals. Saving those who can’t save themselves.

Abby Sinclair is an assassin by trade. Non-feeling, ever thinking and doing the job that needs to be done. Kane Woodland isn’t much different that Abby; a deadly mercenary who does anything needed for the mission.

I’m a huge fa
Kathleen
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!
Priyanka
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I read Off-Campus books by Elle Kennedy and loved her since then. And as soon as I heard about this series I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. My expectations were more like Off-Campus writing but it is totally different and just as great.

There are two teams of assassins, Noelle's Chameleons, female assassins and Jim Morgan's Mercenaries. And both the teams together kicks some asses in this series.

Abby Sinclair, our female protagonist, she is one of the best assassins from Noelle's t
Wendy F
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
This isn’t the first Elle Kennedy that I’ve tried. She co-wrote Him and Us with Sarina Bowen, and those are two of my favorites. I also tried reading Claimed from the Outlaw series and really didn’t like it. I thought maybe it was only because I just couldn’t do erotic Dystopia. Killer Instincts has decent ratings, people seemed to like it. I thought it was a good lead, at least. (Be forewarned, there are small spoilers ahead.)

Unfortunately this was a bad avenue to attempt. I’ve realized that it
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

My first thought when I saw this cover was "Oh yay another team of ex-military badass guys to follow!" but I was pleasantly surprised to see there's more to it than that. Of course we do get the badass guys we all want to drool over, my favorite being the boss, Jim Morgan. I confess to have a thing for hard-asses. So while my crush develops on that bad boy, I also liked the hero of this story a lot. Kane. He's sweet and not so tortured as you would expec
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
Midnight Rescue kept me so completely on the edge of my seat I found myself falling to the floor!
Hbeebti
Mar 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one.There were several side stories going on as well as the main. Lots of action. This book starts out with a bang. I really enjoyed the kick ass assassins who just so happen to be chicks. That was nice for a change. The H/h were equally great and I liked that they took their time hooking up. I cant wait to see what happens in the next one with I think Isabel and Trevor. Also I want to know what D's problem was because he was a real jerk to Abby in this book ( and that was ...more

• Surrender (Section 8, #1)
  • The Night Is Mine (The Night Stalkers, #1)
  • Deadly Descent (Bagram Special Ops, #1)
  • Dark Deceptions (A-Tac, #1)
  • Aftershock (Aftershock, #1)
  • Hot Zone (Elite Force #2)
  • Midnight Secrets (Wildefire, #1)
  • Killing Time (One Eyed Jacks, #1)
  • Targeted (Deadly Ops, #1)
  • Taken to the Edge (The Guardian Angelinos, #0.5)
A New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, Elle Kennedy grew up in the suburbs of Toronto, Ontario, and holds a B.A. in English from York University. From an early age, she knew she wanted to be a writer, and actively began pursuing that dream when she was a teenager.

Elle currently writes for various publishers. She loves strong heroines and sexy alpha heroes, and just

Killer Instincts (8 books)
  • Midnight Alias (Killer Instincts, #2)
  • Midnight Games (Killer Instincts, #3)
  • Midnight Pursuits (Killer Instincts, #4)
  • Midnight Action (Killer Instincts, #5)
  • Midnight Captive (Killer Instincts, #6)
  • Midnight Revenge (Killer Instincts, #7)
  • Midnight Target (Killer Instincts, #8)
“I don't want you to think about anyone in your past. No now, not ever again. You deserved a hell of a lot more than any of those bastards gave you."
"If it helps," she said with a faint smile, "I killed most of them.”
3 likes
“She shook her head and said," If there's one thing I've learned in my life, it's that shitty things happen. You can't always stop them. They just happen. And yeah, you can let them destroy you, but what's the point? Might as well learn to deal with all those shitty things and move on."
"Is that what you did?"
"Yes." She paused. "And you will too. You just have to accept your loss and try your best to live out the rest of your life without letting the loss destroy you."
"Easier said than done," he muttered.
She laughed. "Who said life was easy?”
2 likes