Start by marking “The Fire and the Fury (Fire, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Fire and the Fury (Fire, #4)

The Fire and the Fury (Fire #4)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  138 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Immersed in England's dynastic war, the Rivaux family is making a dangerous move by abandoning Stephen of Blois to back the empress Matilda. Elizabeth of Rivaux, a 22-year-old widow, will do her bit by defending her father's castle Harlowe. Attacked on her way to the castle, Elizabeth is rescued by the Scottish Sir Giles (aka "the Butcher") of Moray. Safely delivered to Ha ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 382 pages
Published July 1991 by Onyx

To ask other readers questions about The Fire and the Fury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fire and the Fury

Regan Walker
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Superb Storytelling in this Medieval from the 12th Century

The is the 4th in Mills’ Fire series and it’s a very good one and can be read as a stand alone. Set in Scotland, Normandy and England in 1137 (prologue in 1127), this is the story of Giles of Moray whose birthright was taken from him. While still a teenager, he got it back in a brutal slaying of those responsible. Ever thereafter they called him “the Butcher of Dunashie”, a knight to be feared.

Elizabeth of Rivaux had been married by her n
HR-MovieLover
Jan 13, 2018 rated it liked it
The time period of story 1137.

The author depicted widower Sir Giles as a baron
of Scottish & Noman heritage & widowed Elizabeth
as daughter of an earl. Shrewish Elizabeth kept
harping about her-wealthy father, superior social
status & need for luxurious amenities. Later her
grandma assured Giles that the h was pleasant prior
to her humiliating 1st marriage. Really? Elizabeth's
whining got to be too much.

Elizabeth had no skills with warfare, weapons or
stratgey. She was, in the guise
Ana T.
Apr 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
Amid the flames of royal revolt their hearts burned with a fierce, wild love... Raven-haired, emerald-eyed, no noblewoman in all Britain was more beautiful -- or more defiant -- than Elizabeth of Riveaux. She refused to accept any man after a disastrous first marriage left her with a secret shame. Now, as royal factions warred for England's throne, she galloped with her knights-in-arms toward Harlowe, the border castle that was her birthright. But out of the mists came a traitor's ambush -- and ...more
Amy
Dec 01, 2015 rated it liked it
I love me some 80s romance. Who couldn't resist the covers? Really, though, this is more historical fiction with a dash of romance. I learned more about the political climate between Scotland and England in the 1100s than I ever did in my history classes. I can tell you about English inheritance laws, the Empress Matilda and her bid for the English crown, and the various goings-on within the Duchy of Normandy in the 12th century. Seriously. And you know, I didn't mind.

This was a good novel. The
Ana
Beautifully written, The siege was as spectacular as was the touching love story between Giles and Elizabeth. But for awhile there, I despaired of Elizabeth, that her pride would not be able to overcome the disparity of her birth and Giles'. I also thoroughly enjoyed reading about other members of the family, some of whom are central to this story. Now on to the next chapter...
Melissa Collins
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story

Full of detail and a great story line. I loved the hero of the book. He was flawed yet strong and noble. The heroine for me was tough to like. I understand her to be of noble blood, however, I mostly found her immature, shrewish, and condescending. It is a lengthy read though but I believe worth the time.
Angelyn Schmid
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great idea for drawing upon a powerful character down through the generations. Robert of Bellesme stalks the pages of this book which takes place long after he is dead. He haunts all the characters, particularly the heroine. This is the fleshing out of historical romance in an unforgettable way.
Tracyk
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good read, Heroine a bit haughty but she came round.

I am annoyed that on Amazon this book is listed as No 1 in this series where-as it is really No4. so i have read out of order.....not happy!!
Donna
Feb 16, 2014 added it
DNF
Mariana
Jun 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-historical, ex, mf
Great story and such a strong heroine. Maybe a little to prideful but in the end she learned.
21924
A former history and English teacher, Anita Mills turned to writing in the mid-1980's. After her regency romance SCANDAL BOUND was published followed by her highly acclaimed LADY OF FIRE, Anita Mills went on to enjoy an award filled career. Her historical novels and regency short stories are ranked among the best in their respective genres. The parents of four children, Anita and her husband Larry ...more
More about Anita Mills...

Fire (5 books)
  • Lady Of Fire (Fire, #1)
  • Fire and Steel (Fire, #2)
  • Hearts of Fire (Fire, #3)
  • Winter Roses (Fire, #5)