Start by marking “Adrian's Lost Chapter (Bloodlines, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Adrian's Lost Chapter (Bloodlines, #0.5)

Adrian's Lost Chapter (Bloodlines 0.5)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  8,023 Ratings  ·  726 Reviews
When Richelle first sat down to write Bloodlines each chapter was narrated by a different Character.

This is Adrian's lost story.

Scribd
Published August 3rd 2011

To ask other readers questions about Adrian's Lost Chapter, please sign up.

Utopia-Wendy Online I guess, if your phone is big enough. Why don't you read it on you computer. I think there's an app on the website.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This was supposed to be part of Bloodlines, but instead of Adrian's POV, Richelle went with Sydney's.

I don't mind Sydney in the least. I love her, but this chapter breaks my heart. I ADORE ADRIAN! And seeing him sad breaks my heart.

I cannot wait for his happily-ever-after. No one deserves it more.
♔ Leah.
The chapter was fucking awful— Adrian wasn't even in character, as if some personality black hole came and sucked it out of him like a goddamn Dementor. Additionally, the inconsistencies were apparent— Mead doesn't even know her own characters or the information that she established about them initially. Adrian was said to be 22, but he was celebrating his 21st Birthday? Really? She doesn't know details of a SECONDARY character. Also, what is Jill's real element? Is it water or air? Please tell ...more
hayden
Aug 17, 2011 rated it did not like it
description

THIS DESCRIBES IT ALL. Except, replace the cardboard cutout of Edward with Adrian.
Cynics_united
Aug 23, 2011 rated it it was ok
Honestly, what exactly was the purpose of this chapter? To give us an insight of a highly lecherous pseudo relationship between Adrian and Jill? To make us hate the one true pairing that has finally made it in the book? To make us angry and hate the awesome books written before that are the basics and sometimes the only reason I would even sacrifice ten minutes to read this?

Note to the Author,
I have adored your work in the past years. I have fallen in love with Dimitri, I have been with Rose fro
Saniya
Aug 25, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: vampires

Blah. I hate Jill, I hate Rose and Dimitri and I hate Adrian acting like a retard. -.-
Jill, if you ever try to be with Adrian... I am gonna cut you into pieces and give it to the bears, who may also vomit. [poor bears]
Jill is fifteen. Adrian is twenty-one. SIX freaking years difference.
Seven pages of pure torture.
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
This original beginning can be found here.

This was the original opening chapter for Bloodlines written in Adrian's POV that Richelle Mead ultimately scrapped and I have to ask.....why? Lord why?

I understand that the actual opener found in the book sets the stage for the rest of the book and gives us our first glimpse into Sydney's head, but this one was so much better.Perhaps it's just because it's Adrian (hehe) but having a glimpse into the working's of his mind and seeing this from his POV wa
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
Awww...Adrian my poor baby :(
I kept waiting for the mention of Rose to see how he feels. :(
I love the fact that he is taking care of Jill. It's sweet.
Scarlet
Aug 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
O my dearest Adrian, I will take care of you...
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi
Aug 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I'm not in "Team Adrian" but I like this guy. He is not perfect, but still I want him to be happy.
I can't wait to read Bloodlines!
Cristina ❤️
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My heart is hurting. I want to cry for Adrian because he really loved Rose and now his heart is broken. I'm happy that Rose is with Dimitri, but I like Adrian too and he is suffering very much. I hope he will forget Rose and he will find the love in another place, maybe with Sydney. Jill is cute too, but I don't think she will be with Adrian, even if she has feelings for him. Anyway, Adrian wants to protect her and Jill doesn't have a good life at all. It's not fair to be overshadowed by someone ...more
Erifili
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This made me kind of happy and mostly sad, because I miss Adrian so much and I didn't even know this Lost Chapter existed. I wish Richelle had published a few more chapters after this one, because I'd be really interested in reading about the famous dinner that gave Adrian and Jill their spirit bond. On the other hand, I think I've had enough of Adrian getting drunk and being miserable, let's be real. I'll just go reread every Sydrian scene ever and remember the Happy Times.
Vasya
Aug 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Adrian got a few words, and Rose and Dimitri were perfectly pointless in it, because we all now just how happy they are. I cheer for Adrian to find a new love, may it be Sydney or Jill.
Shannon A. Hiner
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Richelle Mead, vampire-lovers, and those who enjoy impeccable character development.
I cannot believe I didn't know about this scrapped chapter sooner. Having already read The Golden Lily (and loved it) this chapter contains no shockers or revelations for me. It simply reinforces my love for Adrian and my sadness at his life.

I am convinced that Richelle Mead is a literary genius of the first degree. Were she writing in the dry and often depressing genre that timeless books like The Grapes of Wrath and Fahrenheit 451 share then I am sure that the general public would recognize th
๑ஜ๑ Jαѕмιиє ๑ஜ๑
I've said this before, but: Poor Adrian.

This was only 7 pages and nothing much happened. Pretty much just told how miserable Adrian's feeling.
But it was good to see though his eyes even if it was only for a little bit & he wasn't his usual self. Hope he feels better soon...
Suchevane
Jan 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-buy
Hot Damn!! This boy is smokin'!!
Elizabeth Herondale
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lo Amé, me Hubiera encantado ver toda la Historia de Como ocurría la Cena, me Habría Muerto de la Emoción. ♡
Cher
Nov 12, 2011 rated it it was ok
Was lucky enough for a kind person to pass this along to me.It's a short story or more importantly the org. start for Bloodlines.Richelle Mead started this book from Adrian's POV.Although the info wasn't anything knew, it let you see what happened to Adrian after Rose left him.He's still in the same place, drunk, angry and wounded.I haven't yet read Bloodlines but I do hope that Adrian gets his life together.
Emma (BelleBooks)
Aug 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is the first chapter of Bloodlines from Adrian's perspective. It was what was going to be the original first chapter for Bloodlines!
I liked it, but am so glad Richelle went with Sydney's chapter instead!
I much prefer the story being told form Sydney's perspective, she is such a great main character!

Sammi
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
I loved being back in the Vampire Academy world, if only for a short while.
I wish there was more from Adrian's POV as I think he is a very interesting character and would love to see his take on things.
AJ
Jan 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Quick little bit from Adrian's POV - the alternate first chapter of Bloodlines. God, I love that man, and being inside his head is brilliant. I'd love a whole book of him!

And bonus - we get to see a couple of glimpses of a very happy Rose and Dimitri together. Squee!!!
Gillian
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I've said it before and I'll say it again

Sad Adrian = Sad Gillian

ADRIAN YOU ARE SO PRECIOUS EVEN WHEN YOU'RE SAD AND HUNGOVER

immediate five stars because Adrian
Karla
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Me encantó, y me rompió el corazón Adrian y su sufrimiento. Hubiese sido genial esta saga con pov de diferentes personajes —porque extraño a muchos :(((((—; pero amo a Syd así que no me quejo <3
Jessica
Feb 11, 2013 rated it liked it
This is only a chapter, so you can't really expect much. The top 2 reviews I read about this tore it up, and I don't really get it. Why is it so terrible? I thought it was decent. Regarding the complaints that it keeps bringing Rose and Dimitri into the story, when the author should just let it drop... Have you read any of the other Vampire Academy or Bloodlines books? All of them start with a bit of background or a prologue built into them, and with reminders of background stories throughout. I ...more
Brittany
Bloodlines was done a great disservice by taking this part out. It explained a lot of things that I had questions about within the book. In general, I feel as though the book not having the multiple perspectives hurt it as well.

With that being said, this wasn't a superb bit of writing, but it was definitely an integral piece of the puzzle that should have been added in as a prologue to the main bloodlines book. 3 stars for me.

Side note: Where in the heck is the detailed story of the attack?
Fenia
Oh my Adrian,my fictional hubby!! Why have't i read that before?? Anyway, I was so sorry for him!! He's just lost so much..and quite obviously Jil and Adrian still don't know about the bond! And no Sydrian scenes either. But the Romitri scenes?? Ughh the cuteness of them will be the death of me!!! :D ♥
⚜Angela⚜
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
*2 STARS*
Just because it's Adrian, otherwise I didn't see much point to this short, short story.
Sam Willows
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
ADRIAN MY BABY LOOK WHAT HE DOES TO HELP HIS FRIENDS
ROSE HOW COULD YOU STOP YOU HURT HIM NO BABY
im sorry for the caps though
Arwa
Jun 14, 2016 added it
I didn't think it was possible for me to hate rose even more but I guess i'm in for a surprise with this series :)))))
any way, adrian my love oh how i've missed you.
Lamora
Jan 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
Adrian sounds almost as boring as Sydney.
Fer
Nov 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Me hubiera gustado que tuviera más páginas, idk.

¿QUE MIERDA LE HIZO ROSE A ADRIAN? D:
¿QUEEE?
Adrian Ivashkov F...: Adrian's Lost Chapter 148 700 May 15, 2013 02:35AM
  • Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction
  • Eternal Lover (Hell on Earth, #2.5; Georgina Kincaid, #2.5)
  • An Iron Fey Valentine (The Iron Fey #4.4)
  • Shadow Days (Nightshade #0.5; Nightshade World #3.5)
  • The Spring Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.25)
  • Dreams and Desires
  • Lost Scene from Hallowed (Unearthly, #2.1)
  • The Invitation (Darkness Rising, #1.6)
  • The Wedding of Antanasia Jessica Packwood and Lucius Valeriu Vladescu (Jessica, #1.5)
  • Arriane's Day Out (Fallen Shorts, #0.5)
  • Myrnin's Tale (The Morganville Vampires)
  • Cabel's Story (Dream Catcher, #1.1)
  • A Killer First Date  (Drake Chronicles #3.5)
  • Breathless (Elemental, #2.5)
  • Retro Demonology (The Demon Trappers, #0.5)
  • Tomorrow is Today (Tempest, #0.5)
  • Catching Suki (Lila, #0.5)
  • Starcrossed City (Starcrossed, #0.5)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f
More about Richelle Mead...

Bloodlines (6 books)
  • Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)
  • The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2)
  • The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3)
  • The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4)
  • Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5)
  • The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6)
“Rose and Dimitri moved almost as one entity, like a matched pair of wolfes or lions, both wary and deadly as they studied their surroundings, taking no detail or person for granted.” 83 likes
“Happy Birthday."
Adrian came to a sudden halt. The words were soft and small, spoken tentatively, but easily discerned by vampire ears. Slowly, he turned around and found Jill Mastrano standing shyly before him.”
72 likes