Start by marking “Identity” as Want to Read:
Identity

Identity

Published July 21st 2011 by Walnut Springs Press (first published July 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Identity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Identity

Betsy Love
Jul 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Well, I'd be silly to say I didn't love it, since I wrote it. The editing process was a great opportunity for me to catch the little things I missed. Even now I'm thinking about the little things that I didn't tie up. Like Delilah. What was she doing in my book in the first place, other than to annoy Brent. What purpose did she serve? She really doesn't advance the plot...well, maybe a little. When I wrote her in I loved her. She's flighty, and flirty and a total self-centered brat. The kid sist ...more
Valerie Steimle
Sep 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
In her debut novel of mystery and suspense, Betsy Love is one of the lucky ones. Identity was in the top ten mystery/suspense novels on deseretbook.com. best seller list. Although it’s not just luck, Love is a great writer and has written a page turner with twists and turns until the very end. The characters are real and the circumstances unusual.
Here is the synopsis of Identity:
May 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a really fun read. Betsy Love weaves a tale of mistaken identity, and she tastefully incorporates the LDS church and the gospel into the lives of the characters. Each main character was masterfully depicted: Brent was a stud, Savannah a sweetheart, Amelia intriguing. Gripping, sweet, and with just the right touch of humor, Identity is a novel I kept thinking about long after the final page was turned.

Way to go, Betsy!
Andrea Smith
Aug 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. From the beginning it captured my attention and I thought that the story was original and interesting. There were some real nailbiting parts that kept me turning pages and shushing interrupters. I read the Kindle version and although there were some serious formatting issues, the story kept me going. Great job, Betsy!
Janette
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My good friend, Betsy Love, wrote this book, and I have to admit that my favorite part of the book was all the times Betsy's "Betsyness" shined through. You can tell what an upbeat, optimsitic person she is by the way the main characters changed from their shallow, self-centered ways once they were shown a better way.

Tina Scott
Aug 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a great first book by Betsy! Full of complications and twists.
Penny
Savannah is a middle-class Mormon girl at a turning point in her life. Amelia is a spoiled cosmopolitan heiress on vacation. Everyone loves Savannah. Amelia not so much. Their looks are similar enough that they are mistaken for one another when both are wearing sunglasses. They sit down next to each other on a flight from Mexico to Arizona. Mayhem ensues.

Typical topics for LDS books, with the Gospel being shared, lives changed, hearts are won, etc., etc., Identity differs with its plot of murder
Teri
Sep 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Identity by Betsy Love
For a debut novel, Identity packed a great performance. This novel had a few twists and turns and the ending was a surprise.
Samantha is a very active Mormon girl vacationing in Mexico with her best friend Haley. Samantha can't decide if she wants to serve a mission, Amelia is on vacation with her fiance Brent. When the flight to Phoenix crashes and kills all but six passengers, including one of the girls, things go topsy-turvy.
When Samantha recovers from her two month coma,
Donna Weaver
Sep 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Book Description
While vacationing in Mexico, two similar-looking young women find themselves caught in a chain reaction of mistaken identities. Amelia is a wealthy heiress and business owner, and Savannah is a sweet Mormon girl deciding whether or not to serve a mission. When they end up on the same flight to Phoenix, Savannah and Amelia unravel the sequence of events that wreaked havoc on their trips, and they make plans to resolve the subsequent misunderstandings. But their flight is cut short
Theresa Sneed
Betsy Love's debut novel, Identity, is fast becoming a best seller - for a reason - her story takes us on an exciting adventure that'll keep you captivated with its characters, intrigued with its story-line, and guessing to the very end.
Follow the story of two similar-looking young women whose mistaken identity mishaps while vacationing in Mexico cause a rift between one of the women, the wealthy heiress Amelia Vecchiarelli and her finance, Brent Delano. As fortune has it, Amelia takes an earli
Tamera Westhoff
Aug 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Leigh
Dec 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
I seriously struggle with some LDS books. I am trying to read more though and I'm glad I added this one to the list.

The plot is fun and keeps the story moving. The "LDS stuff" was a little thick at times, but I'm terrible when it comes to that. I don't think it would bother most people.

I like that this book is different from most LDS books. It has a fun plot, lots of mystery and suspense. I totally dig it! And I stayed up way too late reading more than once because I didn't want to put it down!
Wendy
Aug 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This awesome book is a nonstop journey through one adventure after another...when you think that someone could never change how they are, the characters always prove otherwise. It could be that the main character is given the opportunity to experience things from an entirely different perspective, and knowing the true meaning of love, gratitude, and loyalty. If any of you enjoy a good suspense mystery (and I dare say that this writing most definitely qualifies as one), I recommend this book. You ...more
Mary
Sep 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any one that likes mystery/suspense
Identity is Betsy Love's 1st published novel. It is fast moving, full of adventure and suspense. The characters and the plot are well developed and there are enough twists to keep the reader wondering which girl really survived the plane crash, and just who the too good to be true boy friend really is.
I loved this story, I didn't want to put it down.
The Kindle version does have some serious formatting issues, but the story made it worth ignoring them.
Betty Pearson
Mar 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
I found it very intriguing. A good writer, and I liked how the book flowed. It was tense in some places, so hard to put down to get other things done. I really liked the LDS theme without it being too much "in your face" or preachy. The way it was written made it seem like "real life" that some families go through, so that is why the characters were so believable. I will read other books by this author because I liked this one so much. A clean read!
Katie W
Sep 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
A story of two similar-looking women who are mistaken for each other while vacationing in Mexico. They end up on the same flight home and the plane crashes, killing one of them. I thought this story was original and intriguing, even if the mystery was kind of obvious. I can't wait for more books by this debut author!
Sheila
Nov 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Identity was well written, had characters that you connect with quickly, especially Savannah's family...LOVED them! You will enjoy this LDS mystery/romance and may or may not figure out the surprise ending before it's revealed.

To read the rest of my review of Identity, please go to my blog at:

Kelly Nelson
Jan 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
This romantic suspense novel kept me guessing until the very end. The plot twists and turns as the author weaves the magic of the main characters rediscovering/discovering the gospel amidst corporate sabotage. I loved the amnesia factor, especially since my current writing project involves an amnesia victim. This is a must read. I couldn’t put it down.
Sarah Beggs
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When Betsy describes the love that Amelia has for her new family, happy tears flowed from my eyes. I kept up with the plot from beginning to end and found myself rooting for everyone who had something to lose. Family reunions are the best :=) Thanks Betsy–you touched my heart.
Debbie
Oct 07, 2011 rated it liked it
This was an interesting book. It tells the story of two young women who look alike. One dies. My daughter and I both liked this book.
Melissa T
Jun 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: church-fiction
Maybe 3.5 Better than I expected! It was interesting, and kept me guessing. Also a sweet romance!
Jenny
Oct 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a fun story. It was a bit predictable, but still a fun read.
Maly
Jan 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
If this is Betsy's first book, I can't wait to read her next one!
Peggy
May 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-fiction
Better than most LDS fiction books.
Heather
Dec 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Thrilling read. I will definately be looking for more from this author.
Jan
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned-books
If there is a stranger book for Mormon audiences, I'm not aware of it. Haha, I'd just about sworn off the genre, because while there are some gems out there I've been pretty disappointed lately. Anyway. I ran into a 10-cent book sale, and picked this up thinking it would be funny. It's not- it's an action book first and a romance second. That can be a good combination, and this one was ok. It starts in Mexico where 4 Americans are on vacation. Two of them look alike enough to be twins, even thou ...more
Nadine
May 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
The story was great, but the telling of it --not so much so.
Chanae
I was surprised to read in two of the reviews for this book that this was a best-selling book and on the top-selling list for Deseret Book. I am one of those few people who highlight and write notes in the margins of the Deseret Book and Seagull Book catalogs (weird? Maybe, but how else will I know what there is to read) and yet the only reason I read this book was because of a happenstance chance of seeing it on the "new release" self at the library. I had not seen or heard of it before then.

I
Alisa
May 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book - LDS fiction - clean read!

Savannah Freeman is vacationing in Mexico with her best friend, Haley. Savannah has just made the decision to serve a mission and has a great life ahead of her.

Amelia Vecchiarelli is the exact opposite of Savannah - except they look a lot alike. A lot alike. At 24 she is a wealthy heiress and business owner and fiance. Oh, and somebody wants her dead. When she gets in an fight with her fiance, Brent, she decides to go home to Houston early, and withou
Melinda Lamoreaux
Apr 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book surprised me. I found myself connecting with the characters and invested in the plot from the beginning. Besty Love kept me guessing through the entire book as her main character, Savannah, tries to put her life back together after surviving a plane crash. She has amnesia and cannot remember anything about her life before the crash. As a loving family waits for her to remember, the fiance of another girl grieves the loss of his love sitting next to Savannah on the plane named Amelia. T ...more

• Kay'sville (Rhea Jensen, #4)
  • Murder By The Way (Kennedy Killingsworth, #3)
  • The End Begins: Sudden Darkness
  • Deep Cover
  • No Angel (No Angel, #1)
  • A Blind Eye
  • River Whispers
  • Undercover saint
  • Legend of the Jewel (Isabelle Webb, #1)
  • Poisoned Pedigree (Alex and Briggie, #4)
  • Do Over (Alpine, #4)
  • Portrait of Lies
  • The Orchard
  • Shadowed
  • Love on Pointe
  • Chasing June (June, #2)
  • Delicious Conversation
  • Closing in
First and foremost I am a daughter of God. I am married to my teenage crush. I have 8 great children, and 17 amazing grandchildren. Writing has been a passion since I could hold at pen in my hand. I don't intend to stop until I can no longer hold one.

I hope heaven is everything I hope it will be. I planning on spending eternity honing my craft.