Start by marking “The Vampire Hunter's Daughter (The Vampire Hunter's Daughter #1)” as Want to Read:
The Vampire Hunter's Daughter (The Vampire Hunter's Daughter #1)

The Vampire Hunter's Daughter

(The Vampire Hunter's Daughter #1)

When Chloe wakes, she comes face to face with the only other living relative, besides her moth
Published August 10th 2011

Start your review of The Vampire Hunter's Daughter (The Vampire Hunter's Daughter #1)
Samantha
Aug 02, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned, rant-ahead
Ugh. Thank goodness this was free. I was under the assumption this was a book, but after downloading it, I realized it was a novella. In fact, the whole series is comprised of novellas.

Honestly, I couldn't even finish this. I got to this pivotal scene, where the girl's (I can't even remember the main character's name, and I literally just looked away from the page) mother was just killed in front of her, she is about to be kidnapped, and strange people bust in to try and save her. Through all t
Lindsay Kendal
2 Stars (that is generous)

Firstly I want to say it takes a lot to get me this annoyed and to actually add on to a review. But I feel it necessary!

Beware, do not write what you truly think on here or anywhere else is you agree with me. You will get nothing but hassle!! You will find my original thoughts on this book below, but since I have had NOTHING but grief from the author, and her friends, and a few others on my FB review page, I thought I’d add more too it. It seems I’ve been condemned for
Wanda Hartzenberg
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Vampires Hunters Daughter: Park 1 by Jennifer Malone Wright.
My review:
This was a free download, and like with most of the books I download for free I make my decision based on the title and the cover. Whoopee for me.
Excerpt
First off, I love that Cloe, the heroin of the story loves to read and I have to share this sentence with your guys from the book "These books are ancient. They aren't your basic encyclopedia or articles written by a blogger." Since the preservation of libraries with prin
K.B. Miller
Dec 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! I have no idea WHY I had waited so long to read this short story, but I am kicking myself in the rump already! I needed a distraction today and decided to grab one of the shorty's on my kindle and I picked this little gem. Jennifer's writing is fluid, the story draws you completely in from the first paragraph! I need to know what happens to Chloe next!! I am running to amazon and snagging the rest as soon as I'm finished posting this.

5*****stars!!! Part 2 here I come <3

Justine
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Well that pissed me off! How could Jennifer do that to the readers? This story ended right when it started! URGH! And the worst part is it ends right when the story gets interesting. And I can't believe that there are already six parts to the story and you can buy the complete set. I would do that if I were you then you wouldn't be left hanging.
But otherwise, the book was amazing!!!!!! It had a grip on me right from the beginning up until the very last period. It was action- packed, fast- paced,
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Feb 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anybody who loves vampires with a twist
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Jennifer Malone Wright (author herself)
I gave this story 5*****s because I LOVE the way this is set up into Parts! The first part is were we are getting introduced to Chloe and the other characters in the book and what and who Chloe is! This is the first type of book set up that I have read and so far I am enjoying it! It puts you into more suspence because you have to wait for part 2 to learn a little more and so on!! I LOVE it!! Thank you Jennifer for an awesome read and I can't wait to read P2!!
Alexia Purdy
Aug 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
An amazing start to an awesome series. The action starts right away! I like the writing, it was enticing and engaging, keeping you flipping through the pages to see what will happen next. My only regret is that I waited so long to read this. I have the next two shorts in this series and am looking forward to reading them. I highly reccommend this author's works, she won't dissappoint.
Willow Cross
May 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this!!! It's no secret that I'm a paranormal lover, so I'm sure it's not a shock that I loved this story. You should most definitely grab a copy and read it. It's free so if you don't love it as much as I do, you aren't out a penny!! ;)
Carly Wallace
Aug 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The Vampire Hunter Hi y'all Anne here. I was given the chance to read the short story by Jennifer Malone Wright The Vampire Hunters Daughter, and let me say I truly hope that this becomes a full blown book.. More parts are to come but the writing style and story line are intense, gripping, and fun. It takes a great writer to write a short story that will have fans biting at the bits to get more and that's exactly what this does!! Cliff hangers included!!The characters are likable and seemingly dangerous on so ...more
Danielle
Sep 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit a book has to catpture me in the first few chapters to hold my attention and intrest..well let me assure you that "The Vampire Hunter's Daughter" Captured my attention and intrest and kept me glued to each and every page ..It starts full of action and you are off and running into a very solid and well thought out storyline ..the characters are strong right from the very first page and the story continues that way ....the only bad thing i have to say is that there wasnt enough of ...more
Jennifer Treviño
This whole series is TERRIFIC! A great read hands down!! I was hooked (line & sinker) after the very first one! I began with the Part I (free version) & immediately went to purchase Part II-V. Then I was totally bummed to see part VI was not yet released. Eagerly awaiting the release I found myself needing a Wright fix, so back to search I went. I about jumped for joy to see her novel The Birth of Jaiden! It's a must read as well!! She brings such life into her characters & builds this story tha ...more
Bella Doerres
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Vampire Hunter’s Daughter Part I
By Jennifer Malone Wright

What if you were awakened in the middle of the night by your mother and told to hide? Voices you hear threaten her and when you come out to try and help you see her killed in front of you. Wouldn’t your life be different from then on? Add to this that you find out your mother wasn’t just that quiet mom on the street and that your legacy was to kill vampires, how would you react? With all this to deal with and face your also learn that
Delphina
Dec 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This s the first installment of an old fashioned serial novel! I love it! It has been a long time since I have read a novel written this way. I find it fun, fun, fun! This installment sets up the whole premise of the series beautifuly. I am actually goig to start the next one as soon as I finish this review so it is going to be super short ;).
Crystal Clifton
Apr 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Crystal by: a giveaway
This book is amazing I mean to be so young and to find out who you really are and the things you can do. Chloe is a wonderful character and as soon as I c an I am going to get hte rest and read them. Thanks for a great book.
Donna {Book Passion For Life}
* I will be reviewing these books all together so the rating reflects all three books. Possible spoilers ahead*

After reading books after books over the past few weeks, I felt like I needed a break to read something short, fun and easy. Trying to pick the book was the hard part but when I seen the author was giving away FREE copies away of part one of this series, I suddenly knew which series to try. And I got exactly what I wanted with The Vampire Hunter's Daughter.......a short, fun and eas
Jenny needham
Mar 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
I must admit i have had this book in my review pile for a little while now, but if i thought that i would enjoy it as much as i have i would have picked it up much sooner. I loved the story - line from the start, it had great pace and carries the reader along with it, The characters are well formed in depth and most of all believable. Chloe has a lot thrown at her in a short time, and with finding out she is not who she thought she was, and now needs to learn all new skills as well as come to te ...more
RaeBeth
Jun 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Vampire Hunter's Daughter by Jennifer Malone Wright is the first in a series of short stories. From the beginning of the story, Chloe's life is full of action and fighting. The way the beginning starts off directly to the point and full of action pulled me right in. I was hooked. I started this book an hour ago looking for something to take me away while I had a moment to relax. I must say this was the perfect choice.

Chloe, 14 years old, is pulled out of her sleep and witnesses what no child
W.H.
ARC for Review ~ Absolutely loved this first installment, I truely hope this does become a full book! Lots of action, unexpected twists and turns... leaving the reader anticpating more from Jennifer Malone Wright... I am at cliffhanger and want more. Nicely written, clean and very clear, characters are testy, fun, and very likeable or unlikeable, the world building is awesome and believable as well.
5 out of 5 Hearts ~ Lovetiggi's Book Reviews
Jennifer  Davis
Feb 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a short story that is part 1 to a serial novel, The Vampire Hunter's Daughter. I have heard mixed reviews and decided that I needed to read it for myself to see what all the fuss was about. Besides, the book was free!

I loved the storyline. It was a quick read, but just enough to help decide if I wanted to continue with the rest of the novel or not. This one left me wanting more, looking forward to see what happens next!

Originality posted on The Mystical World of Book Reviews
Jacquie Talento
Mar 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a nice beginning to a series. Chloe wakes to her mother trying to hide her. She's been moved around for years not knowing that it is because they are in hiding. When her mother is murdered in front of her, people from her mother's past come in and save her and take her to her grandfathers. She is from a long line of vampire hunters and now it is her time to hunt and kill them. The one she is after the most will be her father who has ordered her mother's death.
Brittany
Dec 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this first segment in this series. The author skillfully pulled you in and told you a great story. I was hooked from page one and honestly would have gone crazy if I didn't have part two to follow up with. This segment has a ton of suspense, action, and downright crazy fight scenes. I recommend this book to all who like a bit of a twist on the normal vampire/hunter story :)
Christie Silvers
Aug 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful start to an exciting series. I look forward to many more installments of The Vampire Hunter's Daughter.
Ren
Apr 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing

I'm so excited to read this collection. I have never read a serial novel and this 1st part definitely keeps you wanting more. Onto part 2 :)
Cameo
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a great start to the story and I can't wait for more! :)
Laura Young
May 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: The Vampire Hunter's Daughter, Part I
Author: Jennifer Malone Wright
Page count: 19
Genre: vampire hunter, Young Adult, Short story, Vampires.
My rating: 5/5
Publisher: Smashwords
Published: August 11, 2011
Summary: Fourteen-year-old Chloe witnesses her mother’s murder at the hands of a vampire. Before the vampire can kidnap her, there is an unexpected rescue by a group of vampire hunters. Overwhelmed by the feeling of safety, Chloe passes out and they whisk her away to their small community.
Whe
Lissette
Jun 06, 2012 rated it liked it
For fourteen years, Chloe has lived a sheltered existence. Her beloved mother has been her constant companion, providing her with whatever she needs. In school, she's content to keep to the shadows and avoid bonding with others at all costs. Her way of life suits her. It's the only one she's ever known. Yet her entire life changes the night a group of vampires break into her home and murder her mother.

Salvation arrives in the form of an unruly group of vampire hunters intent on eliminating the t
Anne (Angel Anne Reviews) Nelson
Jul 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampires
Firstly, I’d like to thank Author Jennifer Malone Wright for the opportunity to read for review this spectacular series!!! Woot Woot

The Vampire Hunter’s Daughter (The Beginning) follows the life of young 14 year old Chloe who witnesses her mother’s murder… yes, right in front of her.

On this very same day Chloe vows to seek revenge against the vampire who killed her mother….
Chloe learns many family secrets that night and more in the days that follow that dreadful day, about her mother, father and
Dana Cristiana
I was scrolling through my iBooks digital library today and found this short book. And because I felt like reading it, I finished it in 2 sittings (just because I just woke up and I needed to go to the bathroom and wash first; not to mention drinking my coffee).

The first line is one that made me continue reading; in other words, it started really interesting.
Before I get to it, you should know that this book is one about vampires and vampire hunters and doesn't bring that many new things about t
Kayla
The Vampire Hunter's Daughter is a great short story. It took me a little less than half an hour to read. The characters were very well written. At first, after Chloe's mother dies, I thought she was going to be a very weak miserable character, but she pulled it together. I think the experience made her stronger in the end. My only complaint about the story is I wish it was a little longer. I can't wait to find out if Chloe ever meets her dad. I so, I hope she defeats him with the kick ass train ...more
Connie Garcia
Aug 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done-reading
I read this ebook in 10mins. The short story of Chloe is a very quick and exciting read. To lost a parent one min and next to be intraduced to your grandfather and be told about your history. Then get a chance to avenge your mothers death I felt Chloe sadness and anger. You have a sense of Chloe that when she puts her mind to it she will take down those who are responsible for taking the only parent she has had! If a secound story comes out I will certainlly be Team Chloe!!
The Vampire Hunter's Daughter Series 4 29 Sep 12, 2011 07:03PM

• Marked (Soul Guardians #1)
  • Midnight Rose
  • Wolf's Bane (Moon Marked, #1)
  • Lord of Fire (The Dragon Demigods, #1)
  • Hell's Silver Bells (Heavy Metal Magic, #2 Silver Blaize Series)
  • Paragon Slayer (Cerberus #4)
  • Stray Shifter (Moon-Crossed Wolves Book 3)
  • Wyvern's Curse
  • My Stolen Life (Stoncrest Prep, #1)
  • Wakes and High Stakes (Mitzy Moon #8)
  • Court's Fool (The Aermian Feuds #6)
  • Magic Redeemed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #2)
  • Ignite (Midnight Fire, #1)
  • Magic Unleashed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #3)
  • Footsteps in the Snow
  • Dead of Night (Thorne Hill #1)
  • ASK: A Collection of Poetry, Lyrics, and Words
Jennifer Malone Wright is best known for her best selling novella series, The Vampire Hunter’s Daughter. Other works include the follow up to The Vampire Hunter’s Daughter series called The Arcadia Falls Chronicles, The Graveyard Guardians series and her full length vampire novel called Savior (A Higher Collective Novel).

She resides in the beautiful mountains of northern Idaho with her husband an

The Vampire Hunter's Daughter (6 books)
  • The Vampire Hunter's Daughter: Part II (The Vampire Hunter's Daughter, #2)
  • The Vampire Hunter's Daughter, Part III (The Vampire Hunter's Daughter, #3)
  • The Vampire Hunter's Daughter Part IV (The Vampire Hunter's Daughter, #4)
  • The Vampire Hunter's Daughter: Part V (The Vampire Hunter's Daughter, #5)
  • The Vampire Hunter's Daughter, Part VI (The Vampire Hunters Daughter, #6)