Start by marking “A Lady's Charade” as Want to Read:
A Lady's Charade

Read Excerpt

A Lady's Charade (The Rules of Chivalry #1)

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  108 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
From across a field of battle, English knight, Alexander, Lord Hardwyck, spots the object of his desire-and his conquest, Scottish traitor Lady Chloe. Her lies could be her undoing... Abandoned across the border and disguised for her safety, Chloe realizes the man who besieged her home in Scotland has now become her savior in England. Her life in danger, she vows to keep h ...more
Published August 6th 2011 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published June 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Lady's Charade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Lady's Charade

Riverina Romantics
3.5 Stars

Check out my blog www.riverinaromantics.blogspot.com

At the start of the story Chloe arrives back home to Scotland after her travels abroad. She is told she is to marry one of her father’s men – a significantly older, meaner man who she has no interest in what so ever. So that was a major downer, until sexy English Knight, Alexander is told by the King that he is to take over Chloe’s fathers land by whatever means necessary and once done – he will secure Chloe (unwillingly) as a wife.

A
Nancy Weeks
Jun 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved A Lady's Charade. Wonderful characters and plot. Just love Eliza Knight!
Kimberly
Jul 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
[I received a copy of this novel from the author as a review copy.]

Definitely a great romance novel! I enjoyed it from beginning to end. I love when an author brings “new” characters into historical fiction novels. So many hist. fict. books are about well known people in history (not that it’s a bad thing!!) but it’s cool to hear from the perspective on the time period from the eyes of someone new, even if they are a completely fictional character.
I was immediately drawn to Chloe. She’s a stron
Alexia Chantel
Aug 20, 2011 rated it liked it
The story of Alexander and Chloe is a sweet classic romance. A valiant knight doing his duty, a beautiful lady in need of rescue and all of it taking place in a scenic countryside.

Alexander is just the kind of man you would want to be forced to marry. Despite being less than enthusiastic about the idea of marrying, once he sees Chloe he starts to loose his heart.

Chloe is a proper lady suddenly finding her self-needing to become a very good liar. Afraid for her life she refuses to give into Ale
Romancing the Book
Nov 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical, romance
Review by Sarah L: After reading the initial blurb of the book I must say I was intrigued with the story line and looked forward to diving in. Unfortunately after the initial attack on the keep I struggled to stay focused . However, once Alexander saves Chloe about 100 pages in, things finally picked up and I started to feel more of a connection with the characters. The remaining two-thirds of the story held some unexpected twists and turns which were a complete shock. Kudos to Ms. Knight becaus ...more
Carol
Jun 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This is a light-hearted, entertaining story of love and family feuds. It is a good, light summer read. I definitely would put the emphasis more on the romance part of it instead of the historical fiction, though I believe the setting is key. As someone who does not usually read these types of romance novels, I still enjoyed it for the change in style and that it still did give me the taste of something historical. (Modern day romance stories like this would not interest me.)

Knight has readers pu
Ficfangirl
Apr 09, 2013 rated it did not like it
I was surprised at the inconsistency of the characters, incorrect word usage, and other errors in the book. If you're looking for any historical accuracy, don't look here. It was also very repetitious. Overall, I was disappointed.
Gail Thompson
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I like books with feisty heroines, and this book certainly delivered. A little predictable in places but entertaining. Full of humour and fast of pace, it was a great read for a miserable rainy day.
Dki
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Did not want it to end!

Very sweet story with a few good twists and turns. I love the author's style and easy way with words.
Tina
Aug 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Such a sweet story. It's nice every once in awhile to get back to my roots of historical romance. This was definitely a good book to do it with.
Kat Valencia-Benitez
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Hot and romantic!
Rachel
Sep 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Pretty steamy sex scenes... But everything else was much too mediocre. Unoriginal plot and characters, and too much anachronistic language. The sex was definitely the highlight.
Lucinda Brant
Apr 28, 2012
Diva
Jul 10, 2012
Elizabeth
rated it did not like it
Jan 10, 2016
Peggy King
Jan 07, 2018
Ruby Stock
Jan 22, 2016
Apr 28, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Highland Legacy (The Fraser Brothers Trilogy #1)
  • Highland Princess (Isles/Templars #1)
  • Bold (The Handfasting, #1)
  • Heartsight
  • Vampires & Werewolves : two novels
  • Bound to a Warrior (The Warrior King, #1)
  • The Thistle and the Rose (MacPherson Clan series Book 0)
  • Forever In Blue Jeans (Blue Jeans and Hard Hats #3)
  • Bound for Pleasure (1Night Stand, #32)
  • Highlander Reborn
  • Back to School (Winning Sarah's Heart Serial, #1)
  • Highland Solution (Duncurra, #1)
  • Sins of a Highland Devil (Highland Warriors, #1)
  • The Grey Tier: A Dead Celeb Mystery
  • The Fever and The Fury (Mythica #6)
Eliza Knight is a USA Today bestselling and award-winning author of sizzling historical romance and erotic romance. Writing as E. Knight, she pens riveting tales of Tudor fiction. Eliza grew up playing in castle ruins and traipsing the halls of Versailles when visiting her grandparents during the summer, which instilled a love of history at an early age. While not reading, writing or researching f ...more
More about Eliza Knight

The Rules of Chivalry (2 books)
  • A Knight's Victory (The Rules of Chivalry, #2)