Start by marking “To Santa With Love” as Want to Read:
To Santa With Love

To Santa With Love

The holidays are coming and free-spirited Jacquie Grey plans to head west and start a new life. Her solo road trip is going great - until she collides with rancher Choya Barnett in Arizona.
Published October 1st 2011 by Zebra (first published 1977)

To ask other readers questions about To Santa With Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Santa With Love

Ivy H
Jacquie, the heroine, is kinda dumb. She's sweet and kind but really really dumb. She's this rich sheltered 21 year old who decides to drop out of college and drive from her home in Texas to California all by herself. Didn't this girl ever see the first Friday the 13th movie? She obviously isn't scared of being hijacked, robbed or raped. But I digress... The crux of the story deals with Jacquie's unfortunate car accident in Tombstone Arizona. The H is the other guy in the car accident and he is ...more
Annarose
May 06, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelly
Jun 28, 2012 rated it liked it
I didn't realize this was first published in '77 until I logged on to review. That explains a lot! Okay, I was mildly entertained. If my daughter were put in this situation, that rancher better be running. Creepy man grabs traveler off the road by holding her car hostage. The couple didn't really seem to have a chance to like or love each other. They seemed destined for divorce court. That chickie had a lot of growing up to do!
Kesha
Jul 02, 2012 rated it did not like it
This book was extremely boring. It wasnt really romantic, at least in my opinion, because Choya and Jacqui didnt have any chemistry. I liked Sam and Robbie.
Lisa N
Apr 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
Hadn't read Janet Dailey in a while, so gave this a try. I guess I've outgrown her. This was so predictable and drawn out. I had to force myself to finish it.
Jen
Mar 05, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 3.5/5

Oh Choya, how your very name sends me into a fit of immature giggles!
Christine
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Painfully slow and outdated
Cyndi
Nov 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've always enjoyed Janet Dailey and this was an earlier book of hers. She didn't disappoint. The characters and story line were good. Quick read.
Crystal Karre
May 04, 2017 rated it liked it
good read
Maureen Hubley
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story
Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind
Jacquie is running. Running from her family, running from monotony and running from herself. She strikes out to LA, the first city that came to mind, and on the way literally runs into Choya. In the form of a car wreck. Now she is stuck in the tiny town of Tombstone, Arizona with no money, no job and now, no car.

Choya really does not want to like the 21 year old Jacquie. She is sheltered, spoiled and asking for trouble with that face and body. having already lost a young wife, Choya isn’t lookin
Debbie
Nov 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Sheltered semi spoiled 21 year old Jaquie Grey decides college isn’t for her and against her parents wishes is going to LA to find a job and grow up, however, little Tombstone Arizona got in her way and so did rancher Choya Barnett, literally as she runs her car into his jeep. Now she finds herself with a lost wallet and no way to pay for repairs.
Choya Barnett has no room in his life for a spoiled girl from Dallas especially when she’s captured his small son’s heart and will no doubt break it in
Shh I'm reading!
Nov 16, 2011 rated it did not like it
This story definitely doesn't update well thanks to the characters and some snafus. Here's the list of ways this story is dated.
The characters: Jacquie, the headstrong "plucky" spoiled girl (aka heroine with no sense) out to find herself and Choya, a rugged, widower with a child. He lives by the philosophy, "I wont have a real conversation with you; because its much better to demean you when you so obviously aren't on my level." Part of this is due to the 10+ year age gap between them. Neither
Julie Barrett
Jan 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To Santa with love by janet dailey
Jacquie has had it with her dad. She finishes college for the term and leaves.
She takes her foreign car and travels from Texas to LA. She stops in AZ to visit
with a friend that just got married. When she leaves there she runs into a man who
has a little boy with him. The garage will fix her car but it's going to take several
days to even get the parts in. After spending almost all her money from staying at the
nearby motel she's been enjoying her leisure time by di
Julie Barrett
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
To Santa with love by janet dailey
Jacquie has had it with her dad. She finishes college for the term and leaves.
nearby motel she's been enjoying her leisure time by di
Lisa
Mar 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Typical Romance from Janet Dailey. :) This time involving a motherless little boy and widower dad in Tombstone, Arizona. The 3 meet when Jacquie decides spur of the moment to move (against her parents' wishes) to L.A. and after a visit with her best friend in Bisbee, AZ, becomes involved in wreck with the main male character Choya (& his 7 yr old son Robbie) in Tombstone. In a little unusual twist, there was a backstory regarding Choya's birth mom and also his first marriage that Janet Daile ...more
Jenny
Nov 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
The book was ok. I had some 'issues' with the characters, tho. The girl (Jacquie) was portrayed as too wishy-washy and didn't have an independent bone in her body. The character Choya was over-bearing and mean most of the time to Jacquie and I thought he was real arrogant....not a person I would have liked. I thought the son, Robbie, was way too spoiled. He was given into way too easily by all the adults in the story. I enjoyed the grandfather's character, tho. Sam was feisty and added life to t ...more
Jackie
Oct 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Was a fun little super quick read. I see now that romances are pretty predictable. Jacquie leaves college and plans to move to California. On the way she has a car accident with a rancher and of course they fall for each other. He has a son who really likes Jacquie and she doesn't want to break his heart if it doesn't work out.
Jess (Shepherdjel)
Dec 16, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas
I enjoyed this one more then the last but I still felt that the romance needed more and that it was a little rushed (the romance/love story). I loved Robbie and Jacquie most of the time, but Choya bothered me more then I would have liked.
Mum
Jan 18, 2012 rated it liked it
It's very hard to re-write a story from 1977 in "modern" times with email, cell phones that work pretty much anywhere, and big city adjustments to small towns! It was good, but maybe it could have used 1977 as "current day." It was a slow read.
Andi
Oct 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Finsihed this book a while back great story :)
Penny
Dec 26, 2013 rated it did not like it
The author got lost and the story became pointless.
Donna Wilson
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book very much. It kept me interested from start to finish. Definitely on my reread list.
Kim
Jul 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kim by: sara stephens
Shelves: christmas
has been really good so far
Ashleigh
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Sweet love story within a Christmas setting. Warmed my heart. Finished this book in a heart beat. Great, easy read that puts you in the Christmas spirit!
Jann
Jan 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable holiday read. Good author. Will have to try another book from her.
Nancy
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a very nice romantic novel that doesn't go into everything. I had the large print and read it in 2 days while baby sitting.
Stephanie
I remember reading this as a wee one, picking it up from my mom's shelf one day out of sheer boredom. I remember I thought there would be more music involved.
Bernie
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
To Santa With Love is a cute romance written by author Janet Dailey.
Michelle
Dec 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
really not great but I read it anyway because Christmas.

• A Home For Christmas (Angel Ridge, #2)
  • The Loving Trap
  • Istri Simpanan
  • Secrets: The Best in Women's Romantic Erotica Vol. 9
  • الشريدة
  • Bedded And Wedded For Revenge (Modern Romance)
  • Leopard in the Snow
  • The Sicilian Surrender - Terpikat Sang Pria Sisilia
  • Taken Over
  • To Save the Devil (Sons of Sin, #2)
  • Tempestuous Affair
  • A Passionate Surrender
  • Hot under Pressure (Harlequin Blaze #485)
  • King Of The Desert, Captive Bride (Desert Kings, #2)
  • Storm Centre
  • Wild Fling or a Wedding Ring?
  • Blue Sage (Western Lovers: Ranch Rogues, #2)
  • No Place Like Home (Includes: La Vie en Roses, #1.5)
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme