Start by marking “Mord au Chocolat (Heather Wells, #3)” as Want to Read:
Mord au Chocolat (Heather Wells, #3)

Mord au Chocolat

(Heather Wells #3)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  19,981 ratings  ·  1,114 reviews
„Rund? Na und!“-Romane: für alle Frauen, für die Kleidergröße 42/44 keine Katastrophe ist!

Heute war einfach nicht ihr Tag: Erst war sie in aller Herrgottsfrühe gejoggt (und jedes einzelne ihrer niedlichen Pfunde hatte dabei gestöhnt). Dann hatte ihr Freund Tad in letzter Sekunde seinen Antrag vertagt. Jetzt hat sie auch noch ihren Chef mit einer Kugel im Kopf vorgefunden!
Published January 12th 2009 by Blanvalet (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Mord au Chocolat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mord au Chocolat

Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Y'all know I am Meg Cabot trash, but I have to admit I was pretty bored for most of this. HOWEVER: the ending totally saved it with all of it's cheesy glory and I can't wait to see how the rest of the series plays out. Squeeeee!
Sara (sarawithoutanH)
This is probably my least favorite book in the series so far. I thought the mystery was a little formulaic and I didn't really love the ending. There was a progression in the main relationship that seemed very sudden and random to me. But I still had fun while reading this and look forward to reading the next book.
Sara Lou
Jan 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: chick lit lovers, Meg Cabot fans
OH MY GOSH!!

I love Heather Wells (the main character). She is so relatable it's sometimes scary. Having been an avid fan of the Heather Wells character since I read the first page of 'Size 12 is not fat', I've avidly followed this series written by Meg Cabot.

I'm not usually a fan of chick lit, but the balance of humor, mystery, characters etc in these books makes them so much fun to read. Heather is a pop tween hit turned college worker just trying to make a living. Shes funny, in love with Coop
Cherice
Jun 02, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I did not know this was the third book in the series. Hopefully 1 and 2 were much better than this one, because I found it ridiculous. The main character Heather is so annoying. She has a boyfriend, a crush and Cooper who are all dying to be with her and all she does is complain about her size. The romance with the cafeteria lady and security guard was silly. The murder mystery, murderer, solving the mystery and ending of the book were all dumb. I will not be reading a book by Meg Cabot again.
Rebecca
Aug 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like Meg Cabot books but some of her novels definitely go in the 'beach reads' pile. They're amusing but not particularly satisfying -- much like the junk food Heather Wells is always eating.

The concept for this series is cute: former teen pop sensation, Heather Wells, now broke and overweight, works in a NY college dorm as an administrator and solves the repeat murders that take place there. You have to look past the idea that NY detectives are so stupid they couldn't find their butts with tw
Megs ♥
I really didn't like this book. After reading the first two books in the series I felt there was a nice buildup of the story and I really could relate to Heather (except the pop star part)...and then I open book 3 and at first see that they story is very short. I move past that and read on. Wow, talk about rushed ending. Everything happened so fast in regards to Heather's love life and even though it was pretty obvious she would end up that way it still felt so rushed.

Also, the mystery aspect w
Rita
Aug 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved
These are the first Meg Cabot books I've read and I really have enjoyed them. Yes, they're fluff. But her dialogue and characters are so genuine that it all seems so effortless. It's fizzy fluff with a zip. Effervescent fluff. If her writing were food, it would be that pop rock cotton candy, which honestly, we all need a little more of in our diet.
Thenia
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heather is finally dating someone and is relatively happy, even if he's not the man she's been in love with. They don't seem to have that much in common either, but she tries not to dwell on that fact and does her best to take an interest in his hobbies, even going so far as to go running with him.

She has just gotten in to work after that run, only to discover her new boss's dead body in his office, shot in the head. Determined to stay out of the investigation this time, unwilling to face the sa
Mary H
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Solid narration. Weirdly I remembered almost nothing about the actual plot of the book so it was fun feeling like I was reading it again for the first time.
Lucie
Jul 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Less fun of a read than I thought it would be to be honest. The situations were a little too ridiculous for me. I feel like I must have forgotten a lot about the tone of the first 2 books or this one was just really off the mark for me.
Kristi
Jul 10, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I was so excited to finally read this book! I’m a huge fan of the Heather Wells mysteries, and I couldn’t wait to see what one of my favorite heroines had in store for me this time. I must say that it was better than I expected

So, the last we’d heard from Heather, she had just met her remedial math teacher who turned out to be a hottie. Now, in Big Boned, remedial math teacher Tad is now Heather’s boyfriend! Which is totally forbidden, since it’s against the rules for teachers to date students.
Mel
I rushed out into a snow storm yesterday to buy this book because I had just finished Size 14 is Not Fat Either and I just wasn't ready to part with quirky Heather Wells. I rarely laugh out loud at a book as hard I did when I read this series. So, naturally in a mood for more laughter, and hopefully a resolution to the Heather/Cooper love saga, I speed read through this third installment in the series.

Unfortunately, I felt this was the weakest book in the series. It still had me cracking a few
Keris
Dec 21, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third novel in the Heather Wells series, following Size 12 is Not Fat and Size 14 is Not Fat Either. Personally, I think this might just be the best in the series, albeit a seemingly quicker read than the others. But truly? They're all brilliant. Heather, despite being a former pop princess, is a down-to-earth, funny character who's instantly lovable and easy to relate to. I'd advise you to read the other two books in the series first, although it's pretty easy to follow up and Meg's ...more
Elaine
I didn't like this one as much as I did the first two in the series but I still enjoyed it. The ending made up for all the not so great parts in the rest of the book. I've been looking forward to this since we first met Heather and her landlord in the first book and I'm happy it finally happened. I'm really looking forward to reading more about Heather and her friends some more.
Beth
I forgot how fun this series is! Heather always ends up in the weirdest situations. And I loved the ending of this book.
Lighthearted
Rachel
Jun 21, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Even though Big Boned is pretty much the same book as the first two books in the Heather Wells series (Size 12 Is Not Fat and Size 14 Is Not Fat Either), it's still a fun, fast read. Heather, a former teen pop star and now assistant residence hall director at the fictional New York College's Fischer Hall, tries to solve the dormitory's third (or maybe fourth, I've lost track) murder to occur in the year she's worked there, while at the same time figure out what to do about what seems to be a loo ...more
Marilia Francezi
Ler Meg Cabot é sempre amor. E Heather Wells é sempre fantástica.
Kari
May 01, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Even though this series is cheesy and unlikely I have to admit I'm kind of hooked. My life is super busy right now so it's nice reading a simple, funny and fast paced book.
Kaethe
Big Boned (Heather Wells Mysteries) - Meg Cabot Loved this one too. I really like how Heather is generally dismissed, but is really very clever. Very.

Library copy
Alaina

Seriously guys... OMFG!
It is about god damn time Cooper.

(view spoiler)
Anu
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my second Meg Cabot - Heather Wells book. These books are kinda fun. If you are looking for deep, complicated mysteries, this is not your book. On the other hand, it is a perfect on the beach or stuck at the airport book. Also, I really like the main character Heather Wlls. She is so real, sometimes so scatter brained, it is funny. Fifteen things are happening all around her st the same time and she has to keep jumping from one to another, it is hilarious!! So all in all , an easy good r ...more
Andrea
Aug 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Yay! Loved how this book ended. I find the Heather Wells character to be so likable and humorous. This series has been a really fun summer read and I'm looking forward to continuing with book #4.
Leah Wolff
In my review of Size 14 Is Not Fat Either (the second book of the Heather Wells series), I said that I wanted less body-shaming because it was completely exhausting in that book. This book did that, but not much else. The plot itself was difficult to get through and the premise of the murder just made me want to close the book and walk away and just leave it sitting there, never to be touched again. But I believe in chugging through a book til the end just to see what happens, just in case it ge ...more
Andrea Guy
Big Boned is book 3 in the Heather Wells Mystery. This series is so funny. Heather is the administrative assistant in "Death Dorm" aka Fischer Hall.

Seriously, how many people can die in one dorm?

As Heather finds out, at least one more. This time it is her new boss, Owen and with a bullet to the head, at close range. Owen wasn't well liked and there are a lot of suspects one is a friend of her grad assistant Sarah, who is fighting with the President for rights for the student workers.

Another mu
Kristan Kirkreit
Heather
Feb 28, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009-read
I had ordered several books by Meg Cabot, and without paying attention to the order that they were written and published, I read this one first. This is actually the 3rd in the Heather Mills series, after Size 12 Is Not Fat and Size 14 Isn't Fat Either. I can say, though, that even not having read the first two books in this series I wasn't lost. I'm sure that knowing the characters in the book may have given the characters more depth, but it certainly wasn't necessary to understand the storylin ...more
Alyssa Nelson
This is by far the best and funniest of the series. Within the first chapter, I was laughing hysterically, and remained amused throughout the entire novel. Heather Wells is the kind of character I relate to. She's a bit clueless sometimes, finds herself in ridiculous situations, but she's a good person and tries her best to make things right. I love her! And Cabot has a talent for making her guy characters irresistible. I want a Cooper!

The mystery was very predictable; however, the way it's exec
Kathryn
cloudyskye
This was a very fast read. Most of my remarks would fall under the spoiler category, so just a few milder ones: The run in the park at the start with Heather's fear of losing important body parts had me snorting in a very embarrassing way on my train ride home. Then the "murse" thing, really, some words crack me up every time. And then the Garfield hugging thing at the end, still wiping my streaming eyes ... (view spoiler) ...more
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 28, 2017 06:33PM
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Big Boned [Book 3] 1 9 Sep 03, 2012 12:25PM
  • Dear Maggie
  • Obsession, Deceit, and Really Dark Chocolate (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #3)
  • Kiss the Bride
  • Yours 2 Keep
  • Lulu Dark Can See Through Walls (Lulu Dark, #1)
  • Fast & Loose (Kentucky Derby, #1)
  • The Pact (Rachel Benjamin, #1)
  • Perfect Blend
  • Society Girls
  • The Center of the Universe: Yep, That Would Be Me
  • Perfectly Matched (Lucy Valentine, #4)
  • A Little Ray of Sunshine
  • Damsel Under Stress (Enchanted, Inc., #3)
  • Nebezpečná láska (Bavettovi, #1)
  • Down to Earth
  • Deep in the Heart
  • The PMS Murder (A Jaine Austen Mystery #5)
  • Kitty Kitty (Bad Kitty, #2)

Heather Wells (5 books)
  • Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1)
  • Size 14 Is Not Fat Either (Heather Wells, #2)
  • Size 12 and Ready to Rock (Heather Wells, #4)
  • The Bride Wore Size 12 (Heather Wells, #5)
“Wait. Why am I thinking about Krispy Kremes? We’re supposed to be exercising.” 743 likes
“Also, I think I felt something come loose back there. I'm not trying to overreact or anything but I think it was my uterus. Honest. I think my uterus jiggled free. My uterus is just going to come out between my legs and I'm going to look like I'm walking around with an enormous load in my pants.” 72 likes