Start by marking “Trump Never Give Up: How I Turned My Biggest Challenges Into Success” as Want to Read:
Trump Never Give Up: How I Turned My Biggest Challenges Into Success

Trump Never Give Up: How I Turned My Biggest Challenges Into Success

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  478 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
In Never Give Up, Donald Trump tells the dramatic stories of his biggest challenges, lowest moments, and worst mistakes--and how he uses tenacity and creativity to turn defeat into victory. Each chapter includes an inspiring story from Trump's career and concludes with expert commentary and coaching from adversity researcher and author Paul Stoltz. Inspirational and intel ...more
Published January 18th 2008 by John Wiley & Sons (first published January 18th 2007)

Melki
Nov 11, 2015 added it
Shelves: eat-the-rich
Well, it's Veteran's Day and I can only think of this asshole's comment:

description

My grandfather died two years ago at the age of 98. He fought in the US Army during World War II, and received a Purple Heart for his efforts in making sure this country was safe for rich men like Trump's father to keep on earning money. Though my grandpa never made a million, he ran a successful small business, was a well-respected member of his church and community, and managed to stay married to one woman for 66 years. An
Manny
Nov 11, 2015 marked it as not-to-read
COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE IN 25 WORDS OR LESS AND WIN ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!*

"Trump Never _______: How I Turned My _______ Into _______"

* Unfortunately, I can't afford to pay out one million dollars. But if your entry is good enough, I'm sure some candidate in the GOP primary race will be happy to give you a check.
julio
Nov 11, 2015 marked it as no
gonna have to dig deep for the right and proper gif on this one, folks. i must center my energies and begin my quest...

now.
Vaishali
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-improvement
Love or hate him, you cannot ignore him. A blunt read, but very well-meaning, no-nonsense, and thoroughly honest.

Direct quotes:
------------------------------------
1. Feeling negative should be a temporary state of mind.

2. Envision yourself victorious. Focus on that instead of your nagging doubts and fears. Even if you don't feel indomitable, act that way for a while. It helps.

3. Failure is not permanent.

4. I have the privilege of having a great family and great education, and I am serious about
Adriana
Jun 30, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Business people, Realtors, Brokers, Anyone who wants to improve their lives
Shelves: business
I enjoyed this book. I got it for a few reasons. One of them is NOT because I am a realtor. My brother and some of his friends went to a motivational seminar that he and a few other famous and very successful men had put together. They all came out of there inspired and sharing fantastic new things they had learned. I used to be the Head of a Speakers bureau and new how inpiring these men could be. So when I went to the library and saw this book I had to get it. I am going through a rough phase ...more
Jeremy
May 15, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: business
With the topic of Real Estate revolving around most of the book, I found this book as a “how to” be successful in Real Estate projects. Of course, I should have expected this based on who wrote the book. Disappointment, the only way I describe what I got out of the book.
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
Dec 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was inspiring, even if you're not into real estate. Trump makes alot of sense. And at least he's trying to help others become sucessful. Most rich people, especially billionaires, keep all the info all to themselves.
Ruxandra
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It was inspiring for me. I reccomend it to everybody that needs motivation to do something, not only business.
Allison C. McCulloch
Basically, Donald Trump is awesome. He repeats a couple stories from another book I read, but mainly the advice is fresh, new, inspiring and invigorating. Props to him for the great encouragement.
Irina Tin
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely brilliant just as Mr. Trump himself. Encouraging, inspirational, pushing forward!

Everyone should read it!
Advaita
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book for gaining an understanding of how Trump's mind works, how he solves problems of large magnitudes and some simple tips to succeed in a similar manner.
Jamie King
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
This falls in at a two star for me because between The Art of the Deal and Midas Touch there is a lot of repetition in this book. We get Trumps life story (so far) with the lessons he's learned along the way.

Midas Touch: Why Some Entrepreneurs Get Rich-And Why Most Don't takes the same idea but develops it much further while cutting out the redundant biographical parts.
Mike Adeleke
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great book from Mr. Trump. This book chronicles some of the greatest challenges he has taken on to become as successful he is. Many people do not know this but in the 90s Donald Trump was several billion dollars in the hole and personally liable for a billion dollars in debt. And for him to be so far underwater to go on to the what he has done is truly incredible. Of anyone, Donald Trump has never given up.
Waseem
Sep 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
really enjoyed going through this book whilst trying to set up some difficult real estate deals myself. So was a great companion to help me keep motivated throughout the very difficult process. Granted nowhere near as big as mr trump level, but nevertheless great insightful books like this into lives of great self made businessmen like Donald are a invaluable insight to help you grow as a leader and pave your own path to success

Waseem Mirza
David Feinstein
Mar 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite books by Trump, because it shows the dramatic difference that one man with persistence and vision can make in transforming the lives of so many people.

It's personally motivating because it reveals huge obstacles that can be overcome with hard work, discipline and personal leadership.

A good read by Trump and should be added to everyone's "to read" list.
Kristi Elizabeth
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Solidifies Trump's Never Give Up attitude with short stories of the catastrophies he went through while making deals in real estate. It's ok to say no. It's ok to change directions. But it's not ok to quit. Ever.
Libor Smolik
May 11, 2016 rated it liked it
As a motivational book, it's good.

But 2/3 of the book are success stories from the Trump's real estate business.

If you like Trump's "kick ass" attitude motivation stuff, read it.
If you are not into real estate business, I would recommend a different book.
Hifaz Hamza
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Good fictional story
Dumitru Saftiuc
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Никогда не сдаваться? Как просто это звучит на словах, но в жизни все совершенно иначе! Так ответит любой среднестатистический человек, который едва столкнувшись с первыми серьезными трудностями пошлет все к чертям собачьим. Но на то это и среднестатистический, обычный человек. Дональд, или перефразируя персонажа из диснеевского мультфильма - тот самый Дональд, Дональд Трамп это не заурядный просто удачливый бизнес, а я бы сказал культовая личность сделавшая из своей фамилии настоящий, дорогосто ...more
Pamela Fernandes
Aug 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Politics aside, this is a great book about persistence. Any person who is is in real estate and hotel work would benefit from this not because of the tips, but because it demonstrates the tenacity required in this business. It was eye opening to learn the business and I have new respect for people in the construction business. What I learned from this book:
Overnight success is a myth
Be prepared to wait (He waited 30 years for certain hotel projects)
Know what you're doing
Bad luck is not due to us
Eugenie
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Lan Tô Thị Hoàng
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Trong gần 10 quyển sách của Trump được dịch tại Việt Nam, mình thích quyển này nhất, mặc dù quyển sách mà người ta nhắc nhiều đến ông không phải quyển sách này. Đây là quyển sách đã truyền cảm hứng và là động lực cho mình trong một thời gian dài mỗi khi gặp khó khăn. Thậm chí, mình đã dùng nó để làm một chủ đề thuyết trình trong lớp học Train the Trainer.
Nội dung của rất nhiều sách self - help/kinh tế bên ngoài thường đề cập đến lời khuyên, đến công thức thành công của một/nhiều người nào đó đượ
BrantKusay
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Trump
A. B
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you never give up you'll be able to give back.

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." -Winston Churchill

How to deal with bullies and naysayers, how to make shrewd business decisions, and how to keep emotions in check through all ups and downs.

He's a brilliant businessman that's for sure.
This Mexican
Kendall
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Audiobook:

Entertaining and inspiring... gave me some great insight into the mentality of the current POTUS.
America will probably be okay.
Don Weidinger
Dec 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
confidence resilience focus on solution not problem know everything you can do homework expect problems, discipline in leaders, Lincoln and Churchill Citizen Kane, Phil Johnson, courage conquers fear grace under pressure, Churchill give in to honor and good sense, can’t solve with same thinking that created problem, in kg a sense of discovery curiosity, how can you learn if you think you know, airlines demanding and volatile, know the world and recognize blind spots, Central Park ice rink 6 year ...more
Natalia
Feb 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Интересная книга, но в меру. По сути ничего особенного, если ты не интересуешься собственно историей успеха Трампа и других современных известных и успешных людей.

Да, коммерческие авиакомпании - плохая инвестиция в современном мире, но в общем-то мои финансы и не позволили бы в них инвестировать. Да, недвижимость и девелопинг - перспективные направления, особенно если процесс стоит на потоке и ты этим полноценно занимаешься, а не просто периодически увлекаешься. Просто для широкой публики это в
Pro Bhattacherjee
Jul 24, 2008 rated it liked it
This was a good book, but its very real estate specific. The main message is that nothing ever goes exactly according to plan, but when you have set backs to keep fighting through them. It takes some of his projects and just outlines the problems that he had with them and how he got through it all.

I'd recommend reading it, its a pretty quick read, and a very valuable lesson.
Yang He
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
I read his books before, but I haven't found so much difference between each books. I do put a doubt here that a billionaire, CEO of different public companies, a business icon who is famous for "you are fired", a good father and husband, and a charity man could still have so much time writing his books.
Ric White
Nov 16, 2016 rated it liked it
It's an interesting read, even if it seems that most of it isn't true. If the book was meant to inspire, it didn't really do that for me. I so enjoy the insight given on how decisions are made and what values Trump holds add important. Time will tell how much of this book proves true in his presidency.
about Trump never give up 1 2 Oct 22, 2012 12:08AM
  • Create Your Own Future: How to Master the 12 Critical Factors of Unlimited Success
  • The Adventure of Business
  • Get Rich Click!: The Ultimate Guide to Making Money on the Internet
  • The Narrow Road: A Brief Guide to the Getting of Money
  • The Laptop Millionaire
  • The First Billion Is the Hardest: How Believing It's Still Early in the Game Can Lead to Life's Greatest Comebacks
  • Trump University Real Estate 101: Building Wealth with Real Estate Investments
  • Rich Dad's Who Took My Money?: Why Slow Investors Lose and Fast Money Wins!
  • The Trump Card: Playing to Win in Work and Life
  • Driven: How To Succeed In Business And In Life
  • Stop Talking, Start Doing: A Kick in the Pants in Six Parts
  • Adventure Capitalist: The Ultimate Road Trip
  • The Innovation Secrets of Steve Jobs
  • Why Women Have Sex: Understanding Sexual Motivations from Adventure to Revenge (and Everything in Between)
  • Persuasion IQ: The 10 Skills You Need to Get Exactly What You Want
  • The Lazy Couponer: How to Save $25,000 Per Year in Just 45 Minutes Per Week with No Stockpiling, No Item Tracking, and No Sales Chasing!
  • Ideaspotting: How to Find Your Next Great Idea
Donald John Trump is an American business executive, entrepreneur, television and radio personality, author and 45th President of the United States of America. He is the CEO of the Trump Organization, a US-based real-estate developer, and the founder of Trump Entertainment, which operates several casinos. He received a great deal of publicity following the success of his reality television show, T ...more
More about Donald J. Trump...