Start by marking “Klon” as Want to Read:
Klon

Klon

Klonlama uzmanı Doktor Davis Moore’un on yedi yaşındaki kızı tecavüze uğrayıp acımasızca öldürülür. Olay hakkında soruşturma açılır; ancak bir sonuca varılamaz. Aylar sonra Moore kızının eşyalarını polisten geri alır ve bunların arasında kazayla unutulmuş, içinde katilin DNA’sı bulunan küçük bir şişeye rastlar. İşte o an Moore’un beynine korkunç bir düşünce saplanır: Belki ...more
Paperback, 1, 518 pages
Published 2011 by Koridor Yayınları (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Klon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Klon

Start your review of Klon
Tom Quinn
Oof. In a word, "hammy."

Heavy on clunky internal monologue, full of extraneous detail, and just plain trying real hard.

3 stars out of 5. A time-passer, nothing more.
Lou
Jul 21, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have mixed feelings about this book. I don't know if I hate it or like it. I felt that the story was very long and heavy, in parts it was boring and overburdened, and I hated the sex scenes because they were too repetitive. However, the story had a good suspense.
Sharon
Dec 16, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysterythriller
The setting is a Chicago very much like the current city but in a universe where human cloning is as common as in vitro is in our world. Cloning, however, is highly controversial and regulated. Dr. Davis Moore, the happily married father of a teenage daughter, is a fertility specialist expert in cloning who becomes the target of a religious fanatic. Although he survives the attack, his happy life is destroyed when his beloved daughter is killed at her after-school job. It seems as if Anna Kat wa ...more
Krystyn
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Overall, I think I appreciate this book. I did not entirely enjoy reading it - I noticed that for the first third (almost half!) of the book I was constantly getting distracted by stuff around me. The book just wasn't grabbing me.

The majority of the book was set in Chicago, which made me a bit homesick, but I wished for a bit more descriptive prose. The geographical narrative felt like a checklist of street names and a combination of real and fictitious companies/clubs/offices. I never got the r
Elien
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Michael
In the near future, cloning is legal. Dr. Davis Moore is a fertility doctor specialzing in reproductive cloning.

His daughter, AK is raped and murdered. The killer escapes. Later, when Moore picks up AK's belongings from the police there is a sample of the killer's DNA. With no other way to catch the killer, Moore uses that DNA to cone a child that will grow up to be the exact replica of the killer.

In a parallel story, Mickey the Gerund is a religious fanatic and considers himself a member of God
Jessica
I read this with friends for our book group. It's a thriller set in the near future, when human cloning has become legal. A geneticist's daughter is killed, and rather than clone his own daughter, he clones the killer using DNA from the crime scene. He becomes obsessed with his daughter's murder and with the idea of being able to look into the killer's eyes. I don't usually read stories in this genre, but I found Cast of Shadows to be pretty engaging, although somewhat weak in the storytelling, ...more
Iulia
Jul 12, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was surprizingly good. I read it after seeing the author talk at one of the Humanities Council seminars on Ethics and Genetics.
I would definately not have picked this up on my own. It is a murder mistery that touches on philosophy and psychology all hidden in a futuristic setting. I'm not a sci-fi reader, but this was done tastefully enough that it was quite enjoyable and educational. It definately made me wonder about culture in general and how it will continue to be affected by tech
Kim
May 17, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read this awhile back and forgot and picked it up to read again. Obviously, the topic interests me. It's the delivery that wasn't so great. The idea of cloning a daughter's killer in order to see what he looks like when the clone grows up is a good idea, and the twist later is interesting, but it felt too overdone with the avatars and gaming world, etc., like the author was trying to fit in every sci-fi tech topic he could. I just didn't like his style. If I could, I'd give it 2 1/2 stars.
Daniel
Feb 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full disclosure. I worked on this book. When I read the first 50 pages in manuscript form, I told my boss to reject it. (The opening has since changed...) He told me I was nuts, to keep pressing on. So I did -- on Yom Kippur night, too, and the next day I was just too tired to be hungry. From page 51 to the end I read without moving! It's the definition of unputdownable. One of the best and most brilliantly original thrillers I've ever read.
Leah Macdonald
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Officially one of my favourite books of all time. A real psychological thriller. And I can't believe I did not preempt the ending. Real time video games, cloning, deceit, a large variety of character, self-fulfilling prophecy and heart break that all ends in a suddenly silent revelation. What more could you possibly want? I have want to own a copy of this book for a long while but can’t seem to get my hands on a copy.
Jessica Smith
Dec 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing! There was so much going on that the book was by no means predictable. Guilfoile has the reader guessing until the last minute. So many controversial issues. Con? SO many chars, it really needs to be read in a few sittings. Due to other things, I took awhile to read it, which made it difficult to keep all the characters straight. I highly suggest it!
Nocturna
Nov 16, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: sci-fi, adventure, mystery, or futuristic fans
I absolutely loved this book. It seemed to combine things that I find very compelling, but are hard to find: a touch of sci-fi with mystery and contemporary technology.

I would love to know about other books that are in this same vein. Recommendations anyone?
Cass
Jan 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mike Wright
This book has crime, science fiction (that really isn't science fiction since human cloning is right around the corner), love, betrayal and mystery. Its one of those books that you want to see the movie, just as long as its exactly like the book.
Cameron Casey
Interesting concept, but hard to recommend. So many little story lines were presented and the story felt a little cluttered. The more interesting characters were not given enough time. I would recommend waiting for it to come out on DVD, or just not reading it.
Kelly
I love this book; it has EVERYTHING in it. I can't believe the many levels that this first time author used in this book. Every person I have recommended to read this book has loved it as well.
Kelly
Apr 17, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the better thrillers I've read with loads of surprises sprinkled all through the book. Plus the author tosses in some good issues to make you think.
juice
Nov 04, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was OK, no more. Could have been a lot better, but little things niggle at you the whole way through it.
Sean
Nov 15, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So many twists and turns that you're left dizzy. It was a very good read that both disturbed and surprised with layer after layer.
RC
Mar 26, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pop-fiction
I wanted this to be better. It had a good premise but it never really got me going.

I had to plod through it.
Carla Handley
Great premise for a mystery novel but I don't think the character development measured up. By the end I felt the author was just trying to get out of it with too neat tie-ups.
MNLO
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining, but very easily skirting around ethical, psychological and philosophical questions.
Quinn James
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favourite books. I have read it many times and always take away something new. It’s bittersweet, moving and thought provoking. I recently leant it to my father and he read it in a day, because he couldn’t put it down haha
Norma Larson
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Corbin Marshall
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There was a lot going on overall and, at time, too many characters perspectives and stories. The overall story line was good with plenty of twists!
Sean Rooney
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very enjoyable read.
Caryn Picarillo
Decent thriller revolving around the ethics of cloning and religion.
TeaDrinker
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Multiple threads in this thriller, I enjoyed how it came together.
Lizzie
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I came across this book in a small bookstore when I was about 13. It was my first really thrilling read and I will never forget the impact it had on my reading life.
Cece Lin
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really good suspense novel.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Leon & Juliette
  • La Ligne noire
  • Mustafa Kemal
  • Serenad
  • The Body Lies
  • Beggars in Spain (Sleepless, #1)
  • Beggars and Choosers (Sleepless, #2)
  • Olasılıksız
  • The Story Sisters
  • Beggars Ride (Sleepless, #3)
  • Occupied: A Novel Based on a True Story
  • Starter for Ten
  • The Anti-Aging Zone
  • Think of a Number (Dave Gurney, #1)
  • The Husband
  • Shut Your Eyes Tight (Dave Gurney, #2)
  • The Cold Nowhere (Jonathan Stride #6)
  • Everyone Knows How Much I Love You
Born in Teaneck, New Jersey, Guilfoile was raised in Cooperstown, New York, where his father was an executive at the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Guilfoile graduated from The University of Notre Dame in 1990, and worked briefly in media relations for the Houston Astros baseball club. He was a founding partner of the Chicago design firm Coudal Partners, and a creative director at that company fo ...more

News & Interviews

“Grief is born. Grief matures. Grief passes. Despair, on the other hand, which arrives in an instant, ferments into depression. And although depression was months away, at least, already he felt himself not caring.” 0 likes