Start by marking “Fall of Icarus (Brink of Distinction #2)” as Want to Read:
Fall of Icarus (Brink of Distinction #2)

Fall of Icarus

(Brink of Distinction #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  63 ratings  ·  6 reviews
The Terran Empire has broken the Taisa Accord and invaded Alliance space in this exciting second novel in the Brink of Distinction series. Survivors of the Empire's first assault, Yen Xiao and Adam Decker swore vengeance against the Terrans. Joining forces with the enigmatic Keryn Riddell, the three warriors must find a way to destroy the Terran fleet. But the Terrans have ...more
Published July 16th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Fall of Icarus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fall of Icarus

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Fall of Icarus (Brink of Distinction #2)
Magen McMinimy
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I had to take a break between reading Burden of Sisyphus and picking up Fall of Icarus. Burden of Sisyphus was a totally tear jerker for me and put me through a gauntlet of emotions and honestly I wasn’t sure I could handle this book right away. However it probably wasn’t necessary.

This book showed a different side of Messengers’ writing. This book was amazing and I dare say I might have actually liked it better then the first. Though I’m not sure they can be compared.

This book focused mostly o
Michele Skinner
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book and the first book in exchange for reviews. If you love military or syfy books, you are going to love this series. I am not a fan of it but it was well written and I am sure there are plenty of people who have enjoyed this book. I am giving it 4 stars since it is well written, just not something I enjoyed.
Adrienne
Mar 25, 2014 rated it liked it
I thought I did review this back in June.

I loved the first book a lot.

However, I had a hard time caring to finish this book. There were a lot of good parts to kept my interest. I just felt like those good parts were scattered and hard to come across.

I also felt like some parts were either rushed or confusing. There was not much of a flow throughout the book. I was in no hurry to pick up the third book after I was done with this one.

You did not really feel like you were connecting with any of
David Richardson
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was even better than the first one in the series. The battle between the Alliance and the Empire heats up really fast, as well as some of the relationships that are going on. A dark secret is revealed at the end of the book that sets up for what I hope will be a really great final book. These books need to be read in order.
Jim
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful SciFi thriller. Full of action, futuristic technology, romance, conflict, all revolving around well-developed characters. I look forward to reading book 3 of the series.
Liquid Frost
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014
Purchased this after reading the first in the series - good reading.
Riss Smith
Jul 19, 2015
Tiffany Sylvester
Aug 20, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: "The Fall of Icarus" by Jon Messenger 1 1 Mar 30, 2014 06:13AM

• Junkyard Dogs (Walt Longmire, #6)
  • See You Around, Sam! (Sam Krupnik, #3)
  • Rook (Bridge & Sword: Awakenings #1)
  • Shifted Agony (The Painter Mage #1)
  • The Plague Blade (The Bizarre Blades #3)
  • The Coming Chaos (The Elder Stones Saga #4)
Jon Messenger (Born 1979 in London, England) serves as an United States Army Major in the Medical Service Corps. Since graduating from the University of Southern California in 2002, writing Science Fiction has remained his passion, a passion that has continued through multiple combat and humanitarian deployments. Jon wrote the "Brink of Distinction" trilogy, of which "Burden of Sisyphus" is the fi ...more

Brink of Distinction (3 books)
  • Burden of Sisyphus (Brink of Distinction #1)
  • Purge of Prometheus (Brink of Distinction #3)