Start by marking “The Broken Road” as Want to Read:
The Broken Road

The Broken Road (The Broken Road #1)

4.59  ·  Rating details ·  54 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
In Pennsylvania, Kara Sanders receives a package from her late husband. Secrets are revealed and the road of a life traveled crumbles. Realizing those she loves the most need protecting, Kara races to her car and speeds away. With a sharp turn of the wheel five years of memories disappear. Kara is confused by a husband she can't recall marrying, a daughter that only her he ...more
Published July 18th 2011 by Old Line Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Broken Road, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Broken Road

Diana
Aug 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Love the writing style! Really makes me feel I'm right in the book with the characters! This book would make an awesome movie! It was so easy to fall inlove with the characters! Seriously couldn't put it down. Can't wait til book 2!!!!
Kimar
Sep 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I find Kara's journey, so far, intriguing and interesting. The twists of this book is so entrancing and enthralling that I find myself pulled in, willingly but out of control. Every word counts and every detail affects every step of each character. The plot of this story is not only well thought out, but perfection at its best. I suggest that anyone and everyone read this book. It is well worth your time and I can't wait for the next one. I believe that in the right hands, the movie for this boo ...more
Maryw
Sep 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Every hopless romantic out there.
Recommended to Maryw by: A friend
This book spoke to my heart and it was easy to relate to Kara the main character. The book has all the elements needed to sore to the top. Perfect blend of romance, love, mystery, and twists. I will be anxiously waiting the next book from this author. Just an amazing read!
Kristen Sullivan
Oct 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
By far one of my favorite books. I cant seem to want to put the book down no matter what time it is! :) I am in love with the characters and love the style writing. I feel like I am looking thru Karas eyes. I cant wait til the next book comes out! I need to find out what happens!!
M.R. Bode
Nov 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Kevin wanted to provide for her.
John wants to control her.
Ryan wants to love her.
Nathan just wants her.

What does Kara have? Because I want some. Seriously.

If all of this actually happen to a real person, I think they would be a hermit on a mountain top or in a mental institution. How much can one woman go through?

The writing style? Let me put it this way:
Ryan- I've loved you since the moment I set eyes on you.
Kara- I'm too damaged to receive that love along my broken road.

Ryan- Let me into you
Tara Simpkins
Dec 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book was AMAZING!!!!! I couldn't put it down. I found myself sucked into Kara's world. I was able to feel what she was feeling. Every turn of the page added a new dimension to the story. The characters are all very well developed and you feel like you know each and everyone of them. Some you love, others you hate. I would find myself reading this book at any free moment I had. I would definitely recommend this book and have done so already to many people! I can't wait for The Path of Shadow ...more
Anne
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
Oh my. I can't think of enough synonyms for "ugh" to describe this book. The author clearly has no idea of the meaning of "smirked", and the constant bashing over the reader's head of the title at the end of every few chapters and how the broken road relates to what was just read, or what you're about to read, or what it means on alternate Tuesdays, made my book club want to create a drinking game for every mention!
Carol
Nov 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Carol by: Found in the giveaway section
I am reading this book sample on my nook and only a few pages in but I am hooked. Wishful thinking that I might win a free copy from GR give-a-ways.

I downloaded the book on to my nook and have finished reading The Broken Road by Michelle B. Smith. I agree with others that this book was Amazing Beginning to end you were kept wandering what was going to happen next. Can not wait for Path of Shadows to hit the bookstores to find out what happens next to Kara and Ryan.
Danos
Aug 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It's been a long time since I've read a book I've enjoyed so much! I was very pleased with the plot and the twists and turns this book took. I truly love the way she wrote this. Allowed me to feel like I knew the characters and created a picture in my head as if I were watching a movie. I'm looking forward to reading more from this writer!
Izabelle Jochum
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing!! I tried guessing what would happen next but something different always happened. I couldn't put this book down for a moment I always wanted to know what happens next. I've been suggesting this book to all my friends. I'm glad that I took this journey down a road I can never turn back!
Ellie
Sep 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance Readers that like a twist
Recommended to Ellie by: A friend
Reading this book made me feel as if I were walking right along side the main character Kara. Each chapter left me hanging and made it difficult to put down. This writer has a gift for drawing you in to the plot and keeping you there. Anxiously waiting for more from this Author.
Jennifer Haines
Sep 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book was great. I could not put it down, just had to know what was going to happen next. Loved being in the world of Kara and Ryan. Can not wait till the next book comes out so I can enter their world again. Who is the guy in the basement? Can't wait to find out! and Why?
Zach Cover
Feb 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Read the book, thought it was terrific! Once I started it was hard to put the book down. It honestly kept my interest throughout every chapter. I cannot wait for the second book and I think this book would make a great movie.
Nik
Aug 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't read this yet, YOU MUST! It's a great book by a new author and I wouldn't hesitate to compare her to Nora Roberts or Danielle Steele. A little romance, lots of mystery and I can't wait for the next one in the series!
Unicorn
Sep 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book has the perfect combination of...WOW loved it loved it loved it!!!
Dottie
Nov 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I laughed, cried, got mad and did it again! This book is full of emotions and just when you think its over-BAM! I've never been so emotionally attached to a character. Truly an amazing book!!!
Jimbo Bond
Aug 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, can't get to the end quick enough. I want to see how it all unfolds. Haven't put it down since I started it.
Finished it and loved it!
Rachelc
Aug 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the best books I have ever read. The writing my not be top notch, but the story was fabulous! I couldn't put the book down.
Keri
Oct 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone!
This book is amazing! I can't put it down! I fell in love with ryan he is amazing! The the children too! This is a must read! Cant wait for all the books to come!
Brad
Sep 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: A friend
Great book, great twists. Was immediately hooked. Looking forward to the next one!
Isaac Schollian
Sep 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I just started reading this book, haven't gotten all the way through chapter 1 yet and I can't wait to read more! I'm hooked and dying to find out who is in the road!
Belle
Aug 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Was immediately attached to the characters. Kept my interest the whole way and left me wanting more.
Krissy
Aug 22, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm hooked on this series, it IS my guilty pleasure. I love Ryan and I have a soft spot for love stories about broken people. Michelle B Smith is excellent at story development and hooking you into the mysteries of the story. My criticisms are: it reads a bit like an adult Lemony Snicket story (Series of Unfortunate Events...), I really kept wondering how else the main characters could be tortured. The editing is pretty bad, to the point that I couldn't get through two paragraphs without finding ...more
Kandi
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! I literally could not put it down. The writing style was spot on for my taste...there were a couple times I felt the plot wasn't developing quickly enough for me, but I believe it was my hurriedness to figure all the lies and deception out, not a fault of the lovely author, Michelle B. Smith! This story is a journey, one I am proud to have been able to read and chat with the author a little!
Becky Thoman
Jul 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I think this book and the second book in the series Path of sahdows are the best books I have ever read..
Michelle Cooper matthews
Jan 24, 2015
KaraP
rated it did not like it
Mar 18, 2015
Jenn Stein
Oct 05, 2011
Next Book. 2 10 Aug 12, 2011 02:52PM
  • Prepare
  • The Scottish Selkie (Long Swords, Hot Heroes & Warrior Women)
  • Papa Panov's Special Christmas
  • Behind the Fire
  • Neighborhood Watch
  • The Dead Man's View (Second Sons, #3)
  • The Hall of the Wood
  • Covenant (Ethan Warner #1)
  • Framed: A Historical Novel about the Revolt of the Luddites
  • Havana Queen
  • Sign Language
  • Lost Edens: A True Story
  • On the Big White Oak
  • Pestilence Rising
  • The Culling
  • The Fountain of St. James Court; or, Portrait of the Artist as an Old Woman: A Novel
  • The Bittersweet Vine
  • The Great Mystery
Michelle B. Smith is the author of The Broken Road series. The Broken Road, Path of Shadows, Journey of Deception, and Trip of Choices are the first 4 books in a five part series. Currently she is working on the fifth book Beyond Dead Ends.
Michelle is accepting and returning emails at http://www.michellebsmith.com, she can be found on Twitter and Facebook.
More about Michelle B. Smith...

The Broken Road (4 books)
  • Path of Shadows (The Broken Road)
  • Journey of Deception (The Broken Road, #3)
  • Trip of Choices (The Broken Road #4)

“I'll spend the rest of my life making this up to you, and I'll die knowing I still didn't do enough.” 5 likes