Start by marking “Do Llamas Fall in Love?: 33 Perplexing Philosophy Puzzles” as Want to Read:
Do Llamas Fall in Love?: 33 Perplexing Philosophy Puzzles

Do Llamas Fall in Love?: 33 Perplexing Philosophy Puzzles

In this stunning sequel to Peter Cave's bestselling philosophy books, Can a Robot be Human? and What's Wrong with Eating People, Peter Cave once again engages the reader in a romp through the best bits of philosophical thought. With the aid of tall stories, jokes, common sense and bizarre insights, Cave tackles some of life’s most important questions and introduces the puz
Published (first published October 16th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Do Llamas Fall in Love?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do Llamas Fall in Love?

Start your review of Do Llamas Fall in Love?: 33 Perplexing Philosophy Puzzles
Nikki
Jan 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Picked this one up in the Kindle sale, because I kind of couldn't resist the title. It's not actually as funny as it sounds, though it is at times amusing: mostly it's a collection of little philosophical puzzles to chew over, presented in a reasonably simple and easy to digest way. It treats most of the issues very flippantly -- which was a little discomforting when it was dealing with the ethics of making sure people with disabilities don't come to be, which I know a lot of my friends are very ...more
jiongwei lua
Do LLamas Fall in Love? is an anthology of 33 philosophical puzzles, which ATTEMPTS to deal with the various disciplines which philosophy pervades so deeply yet inconspicuously. Being one of my first few readings of philosophy, I found the book rather refreshing and intriguing, as Cave slowly and cogently dissected the various logical conundrums. While enjoyable, it still fell short of my expectations.

I would highly recommend this book to younger readers (15 and below) instead, as I
Alan Hughes
Jul 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: philosophy
This is a genuinely funny and thought provoking book. It tackles important philosophical issues in an accessible and enjoyable manner. The issues and topics are wide ranging, from free-will, human rights  and the nature of knowing to the problems of sharing your lymphatic system with an attached violinist.
Short, puzzling and witty chapter, perfect for the bedside table.
YHC
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have no idea what's wrong with this Chinese edition that i read..I was wondering how come i could not capture the main point of each chapter, therefore I checked the review and turned out there are many critics about bad translation.
I don't have the English version to compare. still I read till chapter 27, i have to admit that i can not get to learn anything since it was like walking outside of a house without stepping inside. You can not see what's in there.
Hopefully this is reall
Chris
Jun 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's okay, bit like reading a newspaper.
Areeg Samy
Jun 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good entrance to light philosophy through everyday questions and situations that raise philosophical dilemmas and paradoxes. Easy to read and understand through simplified examples, stories and illustrations.
Jessie B.
A collection of philosophical paradoxes and puzzles, some easier to understand than others but illustrating some philosophical problems in a colourful way.
Erin McLaughlin

• Trickery
  • The Night Watch
  • So Lucky
  • No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference
  • Five ​Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns, #4)
  • Bird Brain: Comics About Mental Health, Starring Pigeons
  • Hard Pushed: A Midwife’s Story
  • Can't Judge a Book By Its Murder (Main Street Book Club Mysteries #1)
  • Beautiful, Complicated Family: Volume 2
  • Beautiful, Complicated Family: Volume 1
  • Tell Me Another Story: Poems of You and Me
  • How to Be a Grown-Up
  • The Prison Doctor
Peter Cave lectures in philosophy for The Open University and New York University (London). He frequently contributes to philosophy magazines and journals, lectures around the world, and has scripted and presented philosophy programmes for the BBC. He is the author of eight books on philosophy, including Humanism: A Beginner’s Guide and the bestselling Can a Robot be Human?: 33 Perplexing Philosop ...more