Start by marking “Their Virgin Captive (Masters of Ménage, #1)” as Want to Read:
Their Virgin Captive (Masters of Ménage, #1)

Their Virgin Captive

(Masters of Ménage #1)

Brothers Gavin, Slade, and Dex, fall hard for Gavin’s new secretary, beautiful Hannah Craig. The oil executives know they must give her time to get to know them before she can choose one . . . who will seduce the virgin and keep her for his own. But when a dangerous predator begins stalking the small-town beauty, they work together to protect her, abducting Hannah and spir ...more
Published September 2nd 2011 by Shelley Bradley, LLC (first published 2011)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
2 The James Gang Stars

*Spoilers*

photo hann_zps9i4z3jch.jpg

Okay let me start out by saying that I don't normally read very many Menage books. I am not a sharer so it is harder for me to relate, but I do read them every now and then to keep things fresh and to keep me from getting bored. And of the 10 or so I have read in the last few years I enjoyed almost all of them. I say all that so that everyone reading this review knows that I am no Menage book expert and this is just my humble opinion on this book! Their Virgin
Cbackson
Feb 16, 2012 rated it did not like it
After I finish books like this, sometimes I have to ask myself: Really, what was I expecting?

The thing is, Shayla Black has written books that really wiped me out. Books for which I don't remember the sex, just the truly emotionally affecting transformation of the hero and heroine into people who can be happy together.

This was not one of those books. This was sort of like...paint-by-numbers menage a quatre. Honestly, the best I can do is pose the following questions:

1) What is up with these me
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this whole series! I re-read this one yesterday and realized I never got around to rating it.

Re-Read June 21st, 2017

Still, LOVE this book and this series. I hope we get a new one soon!
Auntee
Feb 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Oh boy. *sigh* I had some high hopes for this one, but it turned out just okay for me.

Three tall, dark, and studly Texas brothers (Gavin James (32), Slade James (28), and half brother Dex Townsend (27)) capture their sweet, blonde, virginal "admin" (I'm assuming that's some sort of slang for administrative assistant) and whisk her off to their remote oil company offices in Alaska when they find out a stalker is after her. Two of the brothers waste no time in letting 25-year-old Hannah know just
⚜️Charlotte⚜️
4 smokin hot stars!

The sex scenes, Dirty, Sexy, & Hot...
The storyline, things progressed to fast,
Not enough of a build between the characters, so the insta love didn't work,
But like, I said the Sex was Smokin Hot..
So that worked for me... I was hoping for more, but still a descent read... ;)

M/F/M, M/M/M/F

Amber
Aug 09, 2013 marked it as did-not-finish
Warning, rant ahead...

I’m never really comfortable with people going out of their way to speak ill of the dead, either in real life or in fiction, and that happened in spades here. Gavin’s dead girlfriend is a slut. A conniving, social climbing slut who took advantage of Gavin during his very rough life period of being a young billionaire. He was rich! She was slutty! What could he do except fuck her repeatedly?

But then we find out why Gavin feels so guilty after her death.

(view spoiler)
Stephanie
Sep 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars

I bought this story mainly because Shayla Black's name was on cover and so were the words virgin and menage. What does that say about my reading habits? Considering I also get excited when I see Etruscan or cryptozoology in a title, I'm not sure.

Anyway, my bad for not deciphering the title more closely. I totally overlooked the implication of the word Master. I don't typically read BDSM, only because I can't get past my immediate reaction to laugh when a man tells a woman to kneel on
Snow

yes, yes, yes...

Everybody has their own "guilty pleasure" types of read...

Well, mine are Shayla Black's books...

First of all, MENAGE is what i like *cough* to read...duh?!

Bdsm...ah, well if you must...at this point i 'll give in...

Alpha-broody, demanding, protective...*sigh and tear the chlothes off*

Okaaay....okaaay...i've read it cause of the S.E.X.

so, fuck yeah...and screw the storyline...what storyline....i'm even past the "virgin" status of the heroine...

So, where were we...ah, yes...sex
Dee
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
1.5 Stars :((

Oh dear, I really wish I had given this a miss! I don't require my books to be 'deep' or carry a meaning/lesson, I am really easy going and easy to please as I just want to get lost in the story, but of course for me to do this it has to have a little bit of substance whether it comes in the format of romance or suspense or even just really smutty graphic sex scenes making it a pure sexfest but this book had none of that which made it a really disappointing read. I have never read a
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
HHHOOOTTTT!!!! with three yummy brothers
mizlanah
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
2 stars

This is an honest review. You've been warned.

Oh whatever mambang (evil spirit/ghost in Malay) please stop this reading damnation because this is second book I've tried to read written by Shayla Black because I needed that erotic-read dose so badly and yet it didn't move pass from likable.

What I liked
Despite second bro Slade and half-bro Dex dropped L-bomb whenever it concerns Hannah, I quite liked the attraction going-ons between Gavin and Hannah. Only if Slade and Dex were out of pictu
Emily
On the eve of putting their plan into action to seduce and capture, Administrative assitant Hannah Craig, brothers Slade and Dex want to get their other brother Gavin on board. They want Hannah forever, legally abd intimately, their only obstacle is jarring Gavin from whatever guilt he harbors from a previous relationship that Hannah is what they need to unite them as family.

As if Gavin's stubborn determination to spend life alone wasn't enough, they find out that Hannah has a stalker who is get
Heidi
May 01, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Audio version.

Ok, so Hannah Craig has a stalker and Texan hunk brothers Gavin, Slade & Dex come to her rescue by whisking her away to Alaska.

On occasion, thoughts like cheesy and corny popped into my brain. I continued on because I had to see how it worked logistically/emotionally. Yeah well that fell short too - especially when narrated (at times) in a full Texan drawl!

I'm afraid this was a bit much for little ole me. I've discovered three men is just one too many for me to handle! :D
Nicole
Aug 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Loved this, It was very steamy and I loved the characters. There was a really good story and emotions behind the characters it was not just some sex with a little story mixed in. I stayed up Until 3:00 am just to finish it and couldn't put it down. I enjoyed Hannah's character immensely, a strong female that submits because she wants to not because she is weak.

Shayla BlackShayla Black
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews

Blah. The lack of background story and any kind of build up meant that this did nothing for me. The sex wasn't exciting and the heroine was incredibly annoying.
LoveRomance
Sep 01, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotica
Disappointing.

Predictable.

Reasonably hot sex, though the oldest brother's angst got old and distracted from the hotness.

Unbelievable that oldest brother who had never topped could suddenly turn on the "dom," and work in sync with both of his other brothers with a virgin. Really, wouldn't four in a bed be logistically awkward the first time when two had never done that before?

If this had been a new author, I'd never buy any future titles by this author, but I gave it 2 stars only because some of
Lynsey
Sep 14, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance-contemp
Oh well, another menage that I didn't like. I appreciate that I'm really difficult to please when it comes to menage, but I had high hopes after seeing some really good reviews. Unfortunately I half laughed/half cringed my way through this.

The dialogue was a bit ridiculous and I didn't find it sexy at all.

Admittedly, when Hannah is sore the day after her deflowering and she's musing to herself that it's because she spent the night 'riding hungry men' I did hiss with jealousy. :)
Mrs. Missive
Aug 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2011
Okay...so this book kept flashing through all my twitter feeds, I kept seeing the hunky men surrounding the woman on this cover and realized I needed to read it. I did not take a single note in this book. I couldn't stop turning the page.

I am not usually into a menage situation that has more than two men for the one woman. But in the story brought to us by Shayla Black and Lexi Blake I was dying for Gavin to come into the fold. (pun totally unintended, but I'm keeping it)

We have Hannah, who is
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under The Covers

This was just the strangest thing for me. I love Shayla Black. But I didn't find her in the writing of this book. I thought the premise sounded so hot, of course who wouldn't want 3 hot guys to be interested in being with her... at the same time. Especially if they are hot brothers. But this book was not too sensual in my opinion.

Gavin, Slade and Dex own a pretty big oil company. Hannah has been Gavin's assistant for quite some time. And during that whol
Betsy
Dec 22, 2011 rated it did not like it
I don't know why I do this to myself. Maybe I am hoping it will be funny? Maybe I am hoping it will be hot? It certainly is ridiculous. I am breaking up with Shayla Black, she doesn't know it yet but I cannot keep going on this way. This story is a sort of strange, sort of bizarre (I'd say very but that would imply something interesting) story of a 25 year old virgin in love with three huge, commanding, demanding, somehow coordinating Doms (think linebacker crossed with a Neanderthal). I always ...more
Vanessa
2.5 Sharing is Caring Stars!

Well, besides the fact that you don't need a brain to read this book, just a vagina, it just wasn't for me. Another one that is just way too much sex and not enough story.

However, I did really enjoy Gavin and Hannah. Those two together, alone, would've been a great book. Even if they wanted to freak it up and bring in the other two for their ménage fixes once in a while but....come on, that's it. Don't start throwing the "L" word around and tell me that you think it
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Virgin Captive was a quick hot read that is very hard to put down. Really enjoyed this book!
Judith
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-menage
Totally HOT!!!

If menage is your thing totally recommended this, I was beyond flustered reading this!!!
Jasmin
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
ohh, three guys and one girl. more deets, three brothers. err.

i could honestly say this book was weird and i was just impatiently waiting for the book to end.
MrsJoseph *grouchy*
This is a re-read: I needed that "V" for a challenge.

__________________

Now I'm starting to feel like the dirty old grumpy lady of reading, lol.

***Warning: dirty language ahead***

I was really excited to finally get a chance to read Their Virgin Captive. I mean, really really excited. A friend gifted this book to me and I literally did a happy dance. For some reason my husband found this both amusing and slightly concerning, lol.

Sadly, my excitement didn’t last too far past the first chapter. Ther
Lauren
Their Virgin Captive
2 Stars

Three brothers, Gavin, Slade and Dex James, are in love with Gavin's sweet and sexy admin, Hannah Craig. Upon discovering that Hannah is being stalked, they seize the opportunity to whisk her away to Alaska and introduce her to the merits of polyamorous sex.

Every once in a while, I feel the urge to read a ménage themed book and inevitably end up disappointed in the romance. This book is no exception.

The simple fact is that sex with multiple partners might be erotic,
Beth
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Just.... no
Liz F
Apr 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: random-purchases
Whoa. I had heard about this series and have been meaning to try it. I have no idea why I waited so long. This book was really hot! I can absolutely see why Shayla Black and Lexi Blake are so popular!

I liked Hannah, the heroine. She seemed like a really good person with a huge heart. She was so sweet. And she made friends with just about everyone at Black Oak Oil, the place where she works. I found it super easy to like her but I worry that readers who are a bit more cynical might find her cheer
Bethyboo ღ The Book Addict ღ
I honestly can't believe that i gave this book such a high rating. It's not a bad book or anything like that it's just i personally have never been a huge fan of menage, but this book kinda did it for me. The fact that the men are brothers probably made it a bit easier for me. All of them were still highly possessive of Hannah and would have killed any man for touching her (except each other of course) and thats something i always look for in a book boyfriend. That possessiveness.

As to the book
Sassafrass
I was surprised how much I loved this. I was so pissed at Gavin but at the same time I just ached for him. I loved the writing that Shayla Black and Lexi Blake created together. They flowed very well and really brought this story to life. I thought that the mystery behind Hannah's stalking was written well and I kept going back and forth between suspects trying to figure out who was behind all.

Overall, and excellent book and I'll be reading the next one as well.

• The Men with the Golden Cuffs (Masters and Mercenaries, #2)
  • Siren in Waiting (Texas Sirens, #5)
  • SWAT Team Two and Miss Robin Hood (The Men of Five-0, #2)
  • Breakaway (The Dartmouth Cobras, #3)
  • Their One and Only
  • Rules Of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #4)
  • Emma's Education (Viper's Dungeon, #1)
  • A Table for Three (New York, #1)
  • Belonging to Them (Daly Way #1)
  • Secretary for Two
Shayla Black is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than seventy novels. For twenty years, she’s written contemporary, erotic, paranormal, and historical romances via traditional, independent, foreign, and audio publishers. Her books have sold millions of copies and been published in a dozen languages.

Raised an only child, Shayla occupied herself with lots of daydreaming, m

Masters of Ménage (7 books)
  • Their Virgin's Secret (Masters of Ménage, #2)
  • Their Virgin Concubine (Masters of Ménage, #3)
  • Their Virgin Princess (Masters of Ménage, #4)
  • Their Virgin Hostage (Masters of Ménage, #5)
  • Their Virgin Secretary (Masters of Ménage, #6)
  • Their Virgin Mistress (Masters of Ménage, #7)
“I’ve been kissed Slade. I’m a virgin, not a nun.” 8 likes