Start by marking “Dark Awakening (The Kategan Alphas, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dark Awakening (The Kategan Alphas, #2)

Dark Awakening

(The Kategan Alphas #2)

Alternate cover for ASIN B005F0KOHE

Once a vibrant woman, Alison Bennson suffered a terrible trauma in the past. When her past crashes back into her life, Alison must turn to the Kategans for help. Rome Kategan has been a haunting thought in her mind ever since she met the grinning rogue. If only she was the woman she used to be she could enjoy the sexy male, but instead sh
Kindle Edition, 2nd Efition, 148 pages
Published July 26th 2011 by T.A. Grey (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Awakening

Start your review of Dark Awakening (The Kategan Alphas, #2)
hugsandcookies
This is what I think of Roman aka Rome. He totally is that type of alpha male who gets what he wants. Oh boy, *fans self*.

Well what can I say but this book blew me away, It had the vibe down pat with the straight through reading, end of your seat knowing what you want and don't want to happen-omg the feels. I love how the author didn't actually have them naked within the first chapter but made Allison out to be weak but underneath she wasn't.

Let's just say that this book didn't take away that b
Jill
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
mmmmmmmm, these books are delicious. Good fun smut!
Christina
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
The book is Sex-on-Paper. Really good sex, though.
Sammy Loves Books
Dark Awakening picks up two months after Breeding Cycle. This book was more dark than book one but still just as erotic. Conlin is the werewolf Prince and he's a sick man that enjoys hurting woman. Alison has moved on from the attack she suffered at Conlin's hands two years ago, but she is still emotionally scarred. Roman, Kategan alpha yummy sex god, is determined to break down her defenses and find out why Ali can't stand to be alone with him.

This is an erotic paranormal novella. The plot was
Elaine
Excellent 2nd book in series.

A few months ago, I would have told you that I really don't care for PNR, shape-shifter genres. But through my time on Goodreads, I've been able to ID some great books, and my reading interests have expanded.

This particular book had a compelling story line, which held my interest. The white-hot sex scenes were "all that".

Looking forward to the 3rd book.
Rachel Wheeler
Jun 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Didn't enjoy this book like I did the first but it still appealed to me! Like I have said prior about this series it is not a series that will captivate you but it does entertain you for a few hours.
Ria Lize
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
I was looking for a nice and easy read but I was a little disappointed with Dark Awakening.

The heroine, Alison had a really stubborn streak. Yes, she was hurt in the past, but I never fully connected with her. There Rome was, patient and protective and head over heels in love with her. She never really saw that until he withdrew from her.

Then when she let him in they didn't even do it slow, it went BAM. And for someone with her kind of past, I was expecting more of her just trying to discover he
Melinda
Apr 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Well, my ebook called this one "Capturing Jeron", however, i realized that this is actually "Dark Awakening". Confusing, but I'll leave it (for now).

Thought this was a good story, but felt that the ending was a bit rushed, in that, Alison after resisting her attraction to Rome, then it seemed that all of a sudden she knew he was her lifemate. It just felt rushed, but at least it has a happy ending and everyone lives happily ever after. :-)

All-n-all, enjoyable and will probably be picking up the
Karen
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Poor Allison has been thru Hell, beaten and near raped by a brutal shifter who had to abuse women to get off... Well he is still after her. When he hears about Rome being in Love with Allison He decides He must have her and then of course he only wants her to torture her.. but when she went into her breeding cycle Rome was there for her.. and he fell for allison... lock stock and barrel!!! He will fight to the death for Allison. Which may just come to both of them.. Sadly... I cannot tell anymor ...more
Patricia
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
ok, so i loved the first book so much, i couldn't resist this one. and thank god i got it, roman is by far one of the absolute sexiest characters i have read in a long time. i absolutely love everything i have gotten my hands on by t.a. grey, and look forward to continuing on with this series.
p.s. t.a. grey paints a beyond hot and beautiful picture just describing roman answering a door....*sigh* i NEED more roman!!!!
Kerry
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
WOW another epic book and all the old character's make an appearance with the focus now on rome and alison, fantastic continuation of story one, heart felt emotions, past issues and worries. Hot sex and massive love of foreplay get's you steamy in no time, loved this one was more emotional at times cause of ali's past but also found a bit brutel too.

still fabulous read and loving the series xx
Tammy
Mar 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
wonderful book this series has been fantastic reading so far.
Scubasubiker
Jun 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great read with some VERY steamy scenes!
V. Mariketa  Nix
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Rome is hot and Alison ,,,,I want to be her!!
Sharould
Sep 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Just as hot as book one ( breeding cycle ) but a little rushed at the end .
Amanda
Sep 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
yum...man i love Rome!
Dee
Feb 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Oh these Alpha males are HOT!
Rome is just so alpha it gives me goose bumps.

Phew...another cold shower needed :)
Julianna
Think i liked this one even better than the first one.
Tana
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
it was ok. loved the drama defintely more intense than the first one.
Sheilah
May 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Good book a bit short on my nook by only 96 pages but the plot and character made up for it can't wait for the next book!
Amy
Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very good book. Looking forward to the next one.
Genolin
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Hot hot loved it
SEX baby
Awilk -never sleeps-
Another smut-tastic book in this series. The editing is still letting these works down, but it isn't taking away any of my enjoyment. I will be happily continuing on with this series.
Jenny Prose
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it

4 stars
Interesting take on an alpha story. The shifter part of the story is not a true part of the story. It feels like it's left out. There is never any mention of them shifting or their wolf. Kind of sad that that's not included in an otherwise decent story.
Debra Johnson
Aug 27, 2018 rated it liked it
There are times when more detail is needed & others where there is to much detail about nothing.
That being said, I still want to read the next book in this series.
Cozen
This is the second book for this series that I have read, the first being book one, "Breeding Cycle." I did read both books back to back and I would actually give this more of a 3.7 rating if that was possible.

Both books did have some draw to it. I am a werewolf paranormal erotic fanatic at heart so a lot of these books just interest me. I did see the family Kategan dynamics as a plus and this book did have more of an appeal to it from the sample and prolog. It still seemed weak though. I can't
Crystal
May 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Alison Bennson has been through a really bad relationship with a guy named Conlin. She thinks that she has got away from him until her friends mating. She starts having letters from him and she walks into her house one day to have her house trashed and a little surprise on her bed. She ends up going to the Kategan land and hopes she can get her life back. If only she can get Rome Kategan out of her mind.

Rome Kategan has feelings for Alison and knows that she is the woman for him. He goes crazy w
Christon
Apr 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I give Dark Awakening a 4.5 star rating!! I don't know if it's because I thought Rome was hotter than Vane or because I liked Alison more than Sarina, but I actually enjoyed the second book in the series more than the first one. That doesn't happen often. But hey, I'm all for a series getting better with each book because it makes the anticipation of the next book worth while. I enjoyed Rome's sexiness and I understood Alison's apprehension to trust after what she went through with Conlin. Howev ...more
Pam
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very exciting. The editing was much better in this book than Breeding Cycle. Such an exciting series. Conlin is evil. I expect more from him in future books. What a jerk. This book was about Roman, baby brother, and Alison. They both have big hearts. Alison dated Conlin, in spite of the rumors about him being abusive towards women. She was a romantic and wanted the fairy tale. Got the monster instead. Alison said she fell in love with him, but I couldn't see it in the writing. Seemed more like s ...more
Donna
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013, uf-pnr
I would have enjoyed this book so much more if it had been properly edited. It is in dire need of extensive proof reading - numerous typos, words missing in sentences, and poor grammar. I realize that others may not be bothered by this but I find it pulls me out of the story. Now for the things I liked: entertaining premise, fairly good character development, nice pacing with a plot that held some surprises, and some bits of humour. I found myself sufficiently engaged with the characters that I' ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Romance Recs, Aut...: * March Read: Dark Awakening by T. A. Grey, $0.99 3 4 Mar 27, 2017 05:04PM

• The Lost Slipper (Fairytale Shifter, #3)
  • Riding Red (Fairytale Shifter, #1)
  • Beauty Sleeps (Fairytale Shifter, #2)
  • Bare for the Alpha (Ridge Brothers Bear Shifters, #1)
  • The Alpha Claims A Mate (Blue Moon Junction, #1)
  • Hold (Hold, #1)
  • The Savage King (Lords of the Var, #1)
  • Dangerous (Made & Broken, #1)
  • Thief (Alpha Horde, #0.5)
  • Her Kilted Wolf (Colliding Worlds, #1)
  • Candescent: A Myth of Omega Standalone
  • Compulsion: A Myth of Omega Standalone
  • Montgomery Ink Box Set (Montgomery Ink, #0.5, 0.6, 1)
  • Claiming Mia (Dot Com Wolves 1)
  • His Little Secret
  • Gray Ridge - Complete Series Bundle: Fairytale Shifters
  • Her Forbidden Alpha (Colliding Worlds, #2)
  • Mate Set (Mating Heat, #1)
USA TODAY Bestselling Author T. A. GREY loves to write sexy, pulse-pounding romances that will keep you up late at night.

If you're a fan of adventurous paranormal romance novels, then you'll love her Bellum Sisters series. This isn't your typical romance story, so be prepared for a kick of heat and tons of action featuring some spunky, spell-casting succubi sisters who are given to one unique man:

The Kategan Alphas (6 books)
  • Breeding Cycle (The Kategan Alphas, #1)
  • Wicked Surrender (The Kategan Alphas, #3)
  • Eternal Temptation (The Kategan Alphas, #4)
  • Dark Seduction (The Kategan Alphas, #5)
  • Tempting Whispers (The Kategan Alphas, #6)