Start by marking “Darn Good Cowboy Christmas (Spikes & Spurs, #3)” as Want to Read:
Darn Good Cowboy Christmas (Spikes & Spurs, #3)

Darn Good Cowboy Christmas

(Spikes & Spurs #3)

He's one hot cowboy...

Raylen O'Donnell is one smokin' cowboy. He could have any woman he wants, but he's never been able to forget a certain dark-haired girl who disappeared from his life. So when she suddenly returns to the ranch next door, Raylen's not fixing to let her get away again.

And she's out for a sizzlin' Christmas...

Raised in a traveling carnival, Lizelle Hanson
Published by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published October 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Darn Good Cowboy Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darn Good Cowboy Christmas

Jenn Scranton
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think I can relate to Liz on this one... I FREAKING LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!

I had to laugh because here I am reading it in September because I want Christmas to come sooner and she was pulling out Christomas decorations around Halloween!!

Awesome book in the Spikes and Spurs series. I knew I would love it and I did. Sexy cowboys, horses, hot sex... What's not to love!!!

Liz's Christmas list:
1. House without wheels
2. Sexy cowboy
3. Oh yeah, and to make her house look like the Griswald's, LOL

Does he qual
Pam
Oct 18, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Lizelle Hanson is a carnie, as she calls herself. She traveled and worked as a fortune teller and belly dancer for most of her life. But what she always wanted was roots; somewhere to call home, a house that has a foundation and not wheels. In fact, that is a Christmas wish that she has; she wants a house and a cowboy. The first part of her wish comes true when her uncle moves out of his house to take care of his father and is going to leave it to her if she still wants to live there after she t ...more
P.A. Lupton

Darn Good Cowboy Christmas was chosen for me as part of a reading challenge. I think the biggest compliment I can give the book is it’s not bad. That being said, it’s not especially great either. It’s a fast, light read, but forgettable.

Mostly, I found the book a little too easy. The heroine wants a cowboy and house without wheels for Christmas and they both fall right into her lap. She meets Raylen’s sister, who doesn’t really like her, but then when her best friend shows up and he falls for t
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Dec 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2012
I enjoy this series for it's light humor. Glad that Colleen gets her HEA in this one too. A favorite quote: "graveyard dead." An annoyance: calling lunch dinner. ie: "I meant to run up to the cafe for dinner..." (it closes at 2pm). Book takes place in Texas, southern thing?
Wminbc
Oct 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving it so far...Raylen has always been one of my favorites...the youngest brother to Rye and the most secretive/aloof!

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT!!!!! Review to come...
Mom
Fun -- Liz grrew up in a carney environment and wants a home without wheels and a cowboy for Christmas. It was good.
Jane
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: carolyn-brown
Lizelle Hanson is a 'carnie' but all she wants for Christmas is a house that doesn't have wheels and a hot cowboy. So when her uncle Haskell offers her his house and twenty acres she jumps at it. When she makes up her mind that she is going to set down roots then he will give it to her. She is really pleased when she arrives at the house and who should greet her but Raylen O'Donnell. He was taking care of Haskell's dog and cat until Liz arrived.

Liz and Raylen knew each other back when they were
Lori
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lizelle Hanson has been raised her whole life in a traveling carnival that her mother and aunt own. When her uncle leaves her his ranch and a huge barn full of Christmas decoration's, she sees this as an opportunity to finally plant her roots. Plus she gets to live next door to her childhood crush Raylen O'Donnell! Little does Liz know that Raylen has had the same feelings and can't wait for her to arrive! Sparks fly, Liz and the O'Donnell's help her set her ranch up to put shame to the Grizwald ...more
Marcy
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

And she's out for a sizzlin' Christmas...

Raised in a traveling carnival, Lizelle Hanson thought all she wanted was a house that didn't have wheels and a sexy cowboy for her very own. But when settling down's going to take some getting
Shawn Pinzon
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christmas and Cowboys what's not to love about this book. The characters Raylen is a sexy hard working cowboy. Lizelle is just full of life, a carnie looking for a home with no wheels with an inheritance. I loved the book and when she belly dance for him HOT!!
Connie S. Koog
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Christmas wedding!

This was a fun read and I laughed through out the book. Love the quality of Carolina's writing. Ready for the next one in this series.
Jessica
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars for "Darn Good Cowboy Christmas"

One of my favorites in this series! I love how the characters are connected.
Julie
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-loved-it
Christmas fun & carnies too! Looking forward to rest of series
Sue Stewart
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unique story line and an incredible journey. Loving all these characters.
Great series

He's one hot cowboy...

And s
Laura Summers
Reviewed for www.bookchickcity.com

DARN GOOD COWBOY CHRISTMAS contains two elements every woman should have in her books at least once a year – cowboys and Christmas! This was just my type of festive treat!

Set in small town, ranching Texas, it’s the third book in Carolyn Brown’s Spikes and Spurs series. I’ve read books two and three, but not the first and I personally didn’t think that it mattered. Brown portrays a fun and cosy community that is easy to sink into whether you’ve met the characters
Blodeuedd Finland
3,50-3,75
Recommended with a grin

There is one thing I have come to connect with Brown's books, and that is that they always makes me smile. I usually sit there with a grin on my face, because they are sweet and fun.

This book is part of a series, but it can be read as a standalone. You will feel at home at once. The books are inviting and the town is a place I would like to visit, and the people there, I would love to have them as friends.

In this one we have Liz, a former carnie, who wants to sett
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

A story with a cowboy always hits the target, but add a little Christmas flair and a saucy heroine and you have a winner.

I know when I open a book by Ms. Brown, I’m in for a great time with characters I’ll never forget. This book is hot, humorous and a great time. I love a book where there’s a little bit of misunderstanding and a lot of longing. Ms. Brown delivers.

Saying Raylen is hot is an understatement. He’s smoking hot. He’s got
PepperP0t
Who knew Lizelle Hanson's uncle Haskell was secretly Santa? Lizelle's Christmas list wasn't long but it was her coveted dream. She wanted her very own booted cowboy wearing a hat and a house with a foundation. Before the tree was up Lizelle's all grown up, teen-aged crush, Raylen O'Donnell, in a cowboy hat and boots was walking in and out of her house that didn't travel.

Raylen has been dreaming and fantasizing about Lizelle for the same amount of time and wants the grown up, enchanting Lizelle f
April
DARN GOOD COWBOY CHRISTMAS by Carolyn Brown is an exciting,sassy contemporary romance set in present day Texas. It is book #3 in the "Spikes & Spurs" series,but can be read as a stand alone. See "Love Drunk Cowboy" and "Red's Hot Cowboy". "Darn Good Cowboy Christmas" has everything a contmpory romance reader could want. It has romance, witty dialogue,love,holiday magic, sexy cowboy,sweet sensuality,dark-haired,sexy heroine,traveling carnival, passion,and slow kisses under the mistletoe.It is ...more
Judith
Dec 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having read the first two novels in this series, I was delighted to dive into this third novel that was also a lovely Christmas story as well. It also continued some of the stories in the two previous novels so the readers can continue to "keep track" of some of their favorite characters. As a "carnie" who always dreamed of settling down, Liz Hanson only asked for two things on her Christmas list: a house that wasn't on wheels and her very own cowboy. This story highlights much of the carnival l ...more
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
Love Cowboys, the carny angle is different but ...nothing new here

Description:

Born and raised in a traveling carnival, all Liz Hanson ever wanted for Christmas was a home that didn't have wheels. After she was old enough to date she added one more item: a sexy cowboy.

She's about given up on Santa ever bringing either one when her father dies and leaves her an ugly house and twenty acres in Texas. Then rancher Raylen O'Donnell walks onto her property...

Thoughts:

Too many holes in the story, the ch
drey
Dec 25, 2011 rated it liked it
drey’s thoughts:
If you’ve read Carolyn Brown’s cowboy romances, you’ll know that they’re completely addicting. If you haven’t, well, you’ve been warned. This latest Spikes and Spurs installment features a girl who’s loved a boy since she met him forever and a day ago, and a boy who hasn’t forgotten her in all those years. You’d think with this kind of a start, the story would be over and done lickety-split.

But if it was, you’d miss out on the laugh-out-loud humor and the sexy banter Carolyn infu
Sharon
Dec 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit that even though I gave it 4 stars it was not my favorite of books by Carolyn Brown.

I did however, love the fact that Raylen was unable to forget Liz whom disappeared from his life when they were so young. I'm just a sap when it comes to the love at first site stuff, which is more or less what this was.

I myself could feel the challenge that Liz was faced with in leaving the only life that she has ever known to settle down.

And loved that Raylen and her new friends came and help to
Sharlene
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read this book several times and it is one of my favorite Carolyn Brown books. Liz has only ever known the travelling carnival life, but she has always wanted to put down roots in a real home. She met Raylen at her uncle's farm on two vacations, the last being when she was 14, and has always had him in her thoughts. Now her uncle is offering to give her his farm. The first person she sees is Raylen. He almost immediately marks his territory, but is nervous about her leaving. This was just ...more
Susan
Oct 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Wow. I love those O'Donnell boys, and Raylen was certainly a hot one. I loved the way that Liz settled in to her house so quickly, and began getting to know everyone. She remembered Raylen from her two previous visits, and was really hoping he was still available. Raylen hadn't forgotten her either. I really enjoyed the way he helped her setting things up, and the way that she helped him too. They both had some insecurity issues - he was afraid she'd leave and go back to the carnie way of life, ...more
Janet Robel
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whew! I normally don't read many cowboy type romance novels but I will read the ones by Carolyn Brown. You can practically feel the heat between the protagonists leaping off the pages as you read. I also love the hometown feel of this book. I really liked Liz and feel that Raylen's character fell a little short though. I usually like to read in the morning during my coffee but I was so immersed in the book that my coffee had grown cold and I had to get a fresh cup.
Arlee Bird
Jan 01, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance fans
Recommended to Arlee by: Sent to me for review
For me this was kind of silly, but for fans of the romance genre I think it would be decent caliber reading. The book is very well written with a well-constructed story and nicely formulated characters. The book is a pleasant enough read that makes a nice escapist diversion for holiday reading (or any time you're in the mood for a good cowboy fantasy romance). I'd recommend this for anyone who enjoys the romance genre.
Shannon
Jan 21, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, e-reads
I really liked Raylen but found written to be a bit more flat that I thought he could be. I liked learning more about the O'Donnell siblings and catching up with some previous characters, but I guess I missed the town folk flair from the first two books.

Also, to be a cowboy you apparently must have perfectly stacked legs on your jeans and if you die, you will be graveyard dead, every time. Maybe it's because I have read the first three back to back but the redundancy is getting to me.

• Catch Me A Cowboy (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #3)
  • Cowboy Fever
  • Fencing You In (Riding Tall, #3)
  • Dylan  (The Secret Life of Cowboys, #2)
  • Merry Christmas, Baby: It's Christmas, Cowboy! + Northern Fantasy + He'll Be Home for Christmas
  • Quinn (Wyoming Sky, #1)
  • A Cowboy for Christmas (Jubilee, Texas, #3)
  • Unbreakable (The Dalton Gang #2)
  • Texas Tango (Texas Montgomery Mavericks, #2)
Hi! I'm twenty five years old and movie star gorgeous. The camera added thirty plus years and a few wrinkles. Can't trust those cameras or mirrors either. Along with bathroom scales they are notorious liars! Honestly, I am the mother of three fantastic grown children who've made me laugh and given me more story ideas than I could ever write. My husband, Charles, is my strongest supporter and my be ...more

Spikes & Spurs (7 books)
  • Love Drunk Cowboy (Spikes & Spurs, #1)
  • Red's Hot Cowboy (Spikes & Spurs, #2)
  • One Hot Cowboy Wedding (Spikes & Spurs, #4)
  • Mistletoe Cowboy (Spikes & Spurs, #5)
  • Just a Cowboy and His Baby (Spikes & Spurs, #6)
  • Cowboy Seeks Bride (Spikes & Spurs, #7)