Start by marking “The Attributes of God: Deeper into the Father's Heart (The Attributes of God, #2)” as Want to Read:

The Attributes of God: Deeper into the Father's Heart (The Attributes of God #2)

The Attributes of God, Volume 2 is finally available! Taken from seventeen sermons Tozer preached at his last pastorate, in Toronto, Canada, these messages, edited for print, provide refreshing and stimulating devotional reading.
Published February 1st 2001 by Christian Publications (first published August 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Attributes of God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Attributes of God

Jimmy Reagan
Jan 05, 2017 Jimmy Reagan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When you have Tozer on the Attributes of God you have Tozer at his best. Perhaps you have read his “Knowledge of the Holy” and found it one of the most amazing books you have ever read as I have. This volume, along with the corresponding volume 1, cover the same territory but with a more conversational and devotional approach. It is profound and worth reading even if you have read “Knowledge of the Holy.”

After an Introduction that talks about God’s Character in general, Tozer presents ten of the
Justin Tapp
Jul 28, 2015 Justin Tapp rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual, church
Tozer's Pursuit of God (my review) is one of my all-time favorite books, and this one ranks pretty highly on the list of Christian works as well. The editor has compiled several Tozer sermons examining ten attributes of God. This was a free audio book of the month at Christianaudio.com. I finished this book while in the middle of reading J.D. Grear's (very modern) Gospel Revolution. I find that while Grear intends to draw attention to the infinite magnitude of God in the Gospel, he is largely ig ...more
Philip
Dec 29, 2013 Philip rated it it was amazing
On this book, I will simply echo my previous review of the former volume. The book is highly practical and engaging. The tone is less formal than Tozer’s “Knowledge of the Holy” and probably better suited to a group book study approach. There is some overlap with “Knowledge of the Holy,” but overall it was an excellent read in its own right.
Kelly
Sep 16, 2012 Kelly rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book I've read by A.W. Tozer. I'd say he is one of my favorite Christian authors. I have agreed with everything that I have read. Love that he uses the bible to prove his argument. Very biblical and encouraging book. Needed to refocus my gaze back on God!! Would definitely recommend it! Can't wait to start another book by Tozer!
Oct 18, 2010 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I love the way Tozier challenges the reader to think about the greatness of God in all His apsects.
C.G.
Jan 09, 2015 C.G. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-book-list
An excellent book, absolutely worthy of reading and using in your study of God's attributes and together with Scripture. HOWEVER, Vol. 1 made more of an impact on me, so if you had to choose one to read, I would go with Vol. 1 over Vol. 2. That being said, ideally - read both. I came away with much to ponder and a deeper understanding (and reminder) of the awesomeness of God.

On a personal note: Before reading Tozer, I didn't even realize I had put God in a box... now I can never imagine doing s
Rachael
This is the second of Tozer's books I've tried reading. The content is excellent, and so far, I agree with him and think he is teaching truth. However, there is something in the writing style that I just don't enjoy. Perhaps its the style that results from him "writing like for a magazine" which I've heard said about the two Attributes of God books. Ah, well, to some extent, we are each unique.

For a good explanation of who God is, however, these seems an excellent book.
Nathan
Mar 25, 2009 Nathan rated it really liked it
This is not the best Tozer book (that title may have to go to The Knowledge of the Holy) but it was a solid and edifying read. There are several points where his Arminian presuppositions poke through as he is wrestling with application, but his ability to take majestic truths about God and put them forward plainly and powerfully is unparalleled! The last chapter on The Perfections of God is worth the price of the book!
Ramarie
Jun 09, 2009 Ramarie rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-fic-nonfic
I did this as a small-group study and it is very enlightening, a good companion to volume one. It definitely broadens any limited view you may have of God! Each chapter details a different attribute of God, and there is a study guide section with questions. God is so outside of our limited human minds, the book inspires more reverence for Him. I would recommend for other believers.
Debs Taylor
Jun 17, 2013 Debs Taylor rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I didn't get quite as much out of this as I did out of volume 1. Perhaps because some of the foundational ideas are, naturally, repeated between the two books. Also I read this by myself and discussed the first one in a group - thus, perhaps, getting more out of it? All that said, worth reading to expand your mind and awareness of how BIG God is.
Linda
Jul 21, 2009 Linda rated it it was amazing
Just completed this study book with a great group of lady friends. I think its best done in a group to get the feedback of others. Learning the attributes of God will definately give you a deeper relationship and better understanding of who God is.
Florin Ghita
Oct 16, 2014 Florin Ghita rated it it was amazing
E beton.
Happy3nd
Aug 15, 2012 Happy3nd rated it it was amazing
Incredibly graceful...!!!!
Jacqui Cartwright
Nov 04, 2013 Jacqui Cartwright rated it it was amazing
Tozer's insight is beautiful!
Leslie Betz
Sep 17, 2012 Leslie Betz rated it it was amazing
Further into his thoughts on the vastness of God
Tedra Sharon
Tozer is a clear winner in his field
all Christians should read at least one of his works
Michael Waldron
Sep 25, 2014 Michael Waldron rated it it was amazing
Awesome, along with Volume 1. will read again!
Aug 20, 2015 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book several years ago, and it is a continuation of Tozer's first volume on the attributes of God. I would recommend these two volumes to anyone who wants a closer walk with God.
Mark Richardson
Follow up on his first attributes book and just as powerful. What a heart challenge to address God's attributes.
Samuel
Dec 10, 2008 Samuel rated it really liked it
This is a practical book to make my life more like HIM.... yet to complete the book :-)
Tom Sargeant
Nov 04, 2012 Tom Sargeant rated it it was amazing
You won't regret reading this!
Dave
Apr 17, 2014 Dave rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Love Tozer! This was a good read and very encouraging.
Janna
Mar 03, 2008 Janna rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book!
Dward Diaz
Dward Diaz rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2013
Bill Tillman
Bill Tillman rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2010
Sandy Merle
Sandy Merle rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2017
Eric Mikols
Eric Mikols rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2011
Doc Mac
Doc Mac rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2014
Samuel Overton
Samuel Overton rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2013
  • At the Altar of Sexual Idolatry
  • The Practice of God's Presence
  • How To Worship Jesus Christ
  • The Cross and Salvation: The Doctrine of Salvation
  • Reflections for Ragamuffins: Daily Devotions from the Writings of Brennan Manning
  • The Difficult Doctrine of the Love of God
  • The Atonement: Its Meaning and Significance
  • The Complete Works of Francis A. Schaeffer: A Christian Worldview (5 Volume Set)
  • Beloved Dust: Drawing Close to God by Discovering the Truth About Yourself
  • Spiritual Maturity
  • Spurgeon on Prayer and Spiritual Warfare
Aiden Wilson Tozer was an American evangelical pastor, speaker, writer, and editor. After coming to Christ at the age of seventeen, Tozer found his way into the Christian & Missionary Alliance denomination where he served for over forty years. In 1950, he was appointed by the denomination's General Council to be the editor of "The Alliance Witness" (now "Alliance Life").

Born into poverty in we
More about A.W. Tozer...

The Attributes of God (2 books)
  • The Attributes of God: A Journey Into the Father's Heart (The Attributes of God, #1)

“All things as they move toward God are beautiful, and they are ugly as they move away from Him.” 39 likes
“We wonder why we don't have faith; the answer is, faith is confidence in the character of God and if we don't know what kind of God God is, we can't have faith.” 9 likes