Start by marking “Simon's Cat in Kitten Chaos (Simon's Cat, #3)” as Want to Read:
Simon's Cat in Kitten Chaos (Simon's Cat, #3)

Simon's Cat in Kitten Chaos

(Simon's Cat #3)

Like all great cartoon creations, from Peanuts to Asterix, from Garfield to Tintin, Simon's Cat has continued to evolve by introducing new characters and developing new storylines. After the runaway success of the original book, Simon Tofield returned with the further adventures of his feline 'beyond the fence'.

Now we welcome a cuddly new addition to the family in the form
Published October 6th 2011 by Canongate Books (first published 2011)

Dewey by Vicki MyronHomer's Odyssey by Gwen CooperInto the Wild by Erin HunterOld Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. EliotThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
Cat Lovers List
912 books — 417 voters
Dewey by Vicki MyronThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussOld Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. EliotAlice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollA Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen
Great "Cat" Books
1,385 books — 717 voters

More lists with this book...

Juli
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a must-read for any cat lover, especially those who have brought home a cute, fuzzy kitten to the annoyance of an adult cat already in residence. :) As someone who has fostered many litters of rescue kittens, I know the annoyed stare of my adult cats as I clean, brush and play with infiltrators. I have seen my adult kitties run terrified from kittens who want to play with them, watched my chihuahuas herd baby kittens into their doggie bed for a nap, and chastised big kitties for wha ...more
Adriana Scarpin
Eu acompanho Simon's Cat há muitos anos, sejam os curtas no canal do youtube, sejam os livrinhos em ebook, mas no fim do ano passado finalmente comprei alguns volumes das edições brasileiras que saíram pela L&PM. Em Meio ao Caos especificamente trata da chegada de um novo gatinho e é divertidíssimo, especialmente porque sabe retratar o quanto os gatos são ciumentos e vivem com pequenas rixas entre si, que aos humanos parece tão engraçado por ser tão semelhante ao de nós mesmos em nossas picu ...more
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
The Simon's Cat videos never fail to make me laugh, even when I'm having the worst day possible I can watch pretty much any of them to put a smile on my face so of course I've been religiously buying the books as they're published. Since I currently have a new kitten in the house this seemed like the perfect time to pick Kitten Chaos back up for probably the billionth time. These are the kind of books that you can leave sat on the coffee table and flick through whenever you have a couple of minu ...more
Kath McStay
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Simon's Cat in Kitten Chaos is a fun and funny addition to the library of anyone who loves cats. In fact, it is a great addition for anyone who likes to laugh. I have been a fan of Simon's Cat since I first came across Cat Man Do, a hilarious line drawing video, years ago. In fact, that may still be my favorite video of all. Or maybe it's TV Dinner? No, it is impossible to choose a favorite Simon's Cat video.

I have a cat. Well, I have some cats, and so maybe I am more inclined than a non cat pe
Peter Schott
May 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Simon’s Cat in Kitten Chaos by Simon Tofield is the latest collection of drawings by Simon Tofield outlining the lives of cats, kittens, other animals, and their owners. If you’ve never watched one of his videos, you owe it to yourself to watch one on Youtube. If you have ever watched cats playing around, you’ll recognize quite a few of their antics.

This collection of drawings opens with Simon finding a box outside and bringing it into his home, passing by his cat. The cat is begging for food, a
Merel
May 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Very enjoyable, I love the drawings, they crack me up! I would say that the videos are more effective though, but that might be because I'm used to the stories in that format.
Majuchan
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Purrefict review to follow.
Diana
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very cute comic. Many of the things Simon's cat does remind me of things my own cats do. I wish my library had more of this author's books.
Online Eccentric Librarian
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

My family has enjoyed all of the Simon's cat books and especially looked forward to this book, adding a kitten to the mix. Memories of Nermal and Garfield were of course the first thoughts but really Simon's cat's author really shines and rises above all other cartoon cats. Instead of little vignettes without any overall connection, we get the tempestuous relationship from first meeting (Simon's cat pointing imperiously
Beth Cato
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this book through the LibraryThing Early Reviewers Program.

If you're a cat lover (or even if you're not), you've likely seen some of the Simon's Cat cartoons on Youtube. They are charming and well-animated, capturing the persistent, loving, and sometimes aggravating nature of the cat, and his well-meaning "owner." This translates remarkably well to book form in Simon's Cat in Kitten Chaos.

One word description for the book: adorable.

I was impressed by the length of the book; it's 240 p
Liesalu
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I first became acquainted with Simon's Cat through the animated cartoons on the author's website and youtube. They were so adorable/hilarious that when I saw a giveaway on Goodreads for a book by the author I jumped at it. So, this is my review of the free copy I received through the giveaway.

This book primarily focuses on the relation between Simon's cat and the addition of a new kitten to the household. The scenes are sweet/endearing/detailed/thoughtful/humorous and more often than not complet
Michael
Nov 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Simon's Cat is back and this time he has company of the feline kind. Yes everyone favorite animated cat now has a rival after the arrival of a new kitten in the houshold with hilarious circumstances. Simon's cat is not to happy with the new arrival as the adversaries go of at each other in cruel but funny ways. The attempts of the two of them to get each other into trouble and there all out rivalry leaving me in stitches. Simon Tofield has done it again with another super funny installment in hi ...more
Mickey
Like me, you may have first encountered Simon's Cat on YouTube. If you are owned by a cat, you found those clips to be hysterical, and a fairly accurate reflection of life with a cat. The books followed, and I have to say I loved the first, but wasn't too crazy about the second one. Then I saw a listing for this one on Amazon. Something told me I wasn't going to be able to wait the 6 or so months before the print version would be out here in the US, so I broke down and bought it for my Kindle... ...more
Lilyn G. | Sci-Fi & Scary
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amusing
With no words, and simple but hilarious illustrations, Simon's Cat was a perfect comics book to read with the 6 year old. We were both familiar with the Simon's Cat youtube vids, and we both giggled for ages while reading this comic! Plus, Miss L was able to pick up on some if it, surprisingly, about the two hating eachother, then learning to work together and liking eachother.

Visit Scifi and Scary's Book Reviews for many other Science Fiction, Horror, Thriller, and Kids' Books reviews.
Andrew
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book carries on the cartoon capers of Simons cat. I was first introduced to him some years ago as a surprise christmas present and i loved it. This book carries on those adventures with the introduction of a new found kitten. Ok there are a lot of comic cartoon events you would expect but anyone who has lived with cats and particularly raised them from kittens will understand there are a lot of perfectly captured events and stunts you will instantly recognise and agree with.
Apr 05, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
I was only introduced to Simon's Cat a few weeks ago, so I was excited when this book appeared at the bookstore this morning. It was cute and funny, but I think I would prefer a book that is just about the kitty hijinks, and less about the garden animals they play with. I'm not a cat owner, but I love Simon's line drawings. They are so expressive in their simplicity. A must read for any cat lover!
Puddlyduck
Nov 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The illustrations in this book will immediately have any cat lover laughing as they recognise so many of the hilarious little whimsies and hijinks our feline friends get up to! Simon has completely captured numerous and familiar pet - owner exchanges that I found myself grinning at every turn of the page!
Sean Nelson
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book in the first reads giveaway. It's hilarious just as I expected! The book is full of pages of funny drawings of this lovable cat. My Wife and I can't get enough of him. We have another book and look forward to collecting all of them. This is great for all ages.
Krystl Louwagie
Dec 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Obviously, this was adorable. But, I did miss the sound effects from watching the videos online. :p Also, there was hedgehogs! Where does Simon live? Does he really have hedgehogs in his yard?
Shirley Francis
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A very funny book. Some of the cartoons I could easily relate to my present cat and cats that I have owned over the years.
Cláudia
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fofíssimo! Pra devorar em uma ida até o trabalho. ♡
Christina
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Black and white and simple, but pure fun.
Dane Cobain
Mar 23, 2018 rated it liked it
This is my second Simon’s Cat book of the month, and I must say that I think I preferred the first one. But that’s because this is all about kittens, and I don’t have one. I also think I’d prefer these cartoons if they had more dialogue, because every now and then I struggled to figure out what was actually supposed to be happening.

To be honest, after reading the first book, I figured I wouldn’t bother with any more because I didn’t like it too much. Then my girlfriend got me this one from a cha
Dolly
Feb 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who enjoy reading comics
Cute collection of drawings about a cat and how he reacts to a new kitten who is recently brought into the home. Our youngest has really enjoyed watching the YouTube comic shorts featuring Simon's Cat and she was excited to see this book at her elementary school library.

The wordless scenes are very entertaining and we enjoyed adding our own commentary as we flipped through the pages, chuckling at the antics of the kitties. Still, we both prefer the animated scenes to the book - they just seem t
Justine
EN/FR

I recognised my own cat so much when she was a baby in the kitten arriving at Simon's and his cat's! A real pleasure, a great relaxing read!!

J'ai tellement reconnu mon chat quand elle était bébé dans le chaton qui arrive chez Simon et son chat ! Un vrai plaisir, une bonne détente !!
Nicole
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve always enjoyed watching Simon’s Cat videos on YouTube. What I liked about this books is there is a linear story of how Simon’s Cat meets kitten, gets jealous of the kitten, cat and kitten fight constantly and get each other in trouble, and finally, Cat warms up to kitten and they play together and get into mischief together. Very cute!
Victor Catano
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charming and sweet

This collection of charming cartoons will bring a smile to every cat owners face. The creator of the Simon's Cat series on the web has introduced a number of even cuter critters, including a spunky little kitten. Very sweet and funny.
Bexer
Not amazing.
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 3
  • Dawn of the Bunny Suicides
  • Cat vs Human: Another Dose of Catnip
  • Owly, Vol. 4:  A Time to Be Brave (Owly, #4)
  • Cats are Weird and More Observations
  • All I Need to Know I Learned from My Cat
  • What Would Dewey Do? (Unshelved, #2)
  • Texts from Dog
  • Shelter Stories
  • Little Santa
  • Little Red Hot
  • 99 Reasons to Hate Cats
Simon started drawing cartoons at an early age and went to study Graphics and Animation at De Montfort University. He has a great interest in British wildlife, painting, the great outdoors and of course cats. He now works in London as an animator and director at Tandem Films.
Simon lives in Bedfordshire with this three cats: Hugh, Maisie, Jess and Teddy.

Simon's Cat (5 books)
  • Simon's Cat (Simon's Cat, #1)
  • Simon's Cat: Beyond the Fence (Simon's Cat, #2)
  • Simon's Cat vs. the World (Simon's Cat, #4)
  • Simon's Cat Off to the Vet . . . and Other Cat-astrophes