Start by marking “Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn't Have)” as Want to Read:
Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn't Have)

Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn't Have)

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  17,750 Ratings  ·  1,716 Reviews
Praised by New York Times bestselling author Lauren Myracle as “hilarious, moving and flat-out fun,” and Kirkus as a “pitch-perfect rendering…of the teen experience,” Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) has captured the hearts of critics and readers alike.

Fans of Sarah Dessen, E. Lockhart, and Maureen Johnson will love this hilarious and heartwarming tale of a
Published June 2012 by HarperCollins (first published June 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Ten Things We Did, please sign up.

Sarah V Sex is discussed and so are STIs and other sexual health information. Condoms and the details of a birth control clinic visit are also mentioned. Sex…moreSex is discussed and so are STIs and other sexual health information. Condoms and the details of a birth control clinic visit are also mentioned. Sex is not graphically described. (less)

Sita
Sep 15, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Meh, not really anyone
I actually put off reading this book for a while, I now know why. My subconscious mind was telling me it was not worth my time, but silly me I decided to read it. This book is okay, if you want to read it go ahead, if you were considering reading it and are sitting on the fence read it and don’t read it.

description

My advice, don’t. Not worth it, it wasn’t a bad book, but it wasn’t a good book either. It was mediocre.

description

What the book was about:

The book started with one of the last scenes, after a party, when
Jess (Gone with the Words)
Read this review on my blog! --> Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) by Sarah Mlynowski

I really love this book! It was so funny and bittersweet and different that I wanted to do something different for it. So here it goes....

Ten Things I Loved (and you will love too)
1. Mermaid impressions while drunk.
2. Best friends who will lie to your parents for you.
3. Paying in installments.
4. The Hula.
5. Brothers. Especially ones named Hudson and Dean.
6. Donut.
7. Babysitters with mo
Emily May

Someone should burn this cover

Let's just say the very first thing that needs to be said: UK publishers, what the hell have you done to this book? What happened to the cute girl/boy chick-lit cover and, more importantly, what happened to the original title? The actual title - Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) - conveys the whole "ooh, we're so baaaaad for doing that, but it sure was fun!" that this book is pretty much all about. This UK imposter title fails to hit the joke. And bac
Tatiana
Feb 18, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, 2011

A very light, mindless, relaxing read.

April's dad is planning to move to another state in the middle of her junior high year. Using some creative negotiating (=lying) April convinces him to let her stay with her best friend Vi to finish school, with no parental supervision. Partying, drinking, skipping school and hooking up ensue...

Contrary to the blurb, I didn't find Ten Things We Did to be particularly funny. Or daring. Or romantic. Or profound.

The story tries to touch upon the subje
Aria the Blue Fairy
I could sum up this book in one word: HILARIOUS!
I had a whole lot of fun reading this.
It was crazy.
Everything they did was crazy.
Maybe that was the reason I had fun reading it.
I didn’t do the things they did when I was their age.
I wouldn’t do it even if I could.
You guys must be curious why I found this book so entertaining.

April’s dad just blurred out one day that they were going to move to Ohio.
Devastated April didn’t want to move to Ohio.
She didn’t want to leave her friends.
Her school.
She didn
Aj the Ravenous Reader
It's okay- a quick read. It's almost the same as watching a teen flick. The writing is plain and direct. It's just like reading the diary of a 16 year old rich teenage girl. The narrator says anything she wants to say and there are several times I got really annoyed over her silly repetitions but I guess it's just but appropriate for the character so I have no huge qualms about the writing style. I liked it just enough and I think it's adequately enjoyable for its genre.
Beáta
Jun 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Noah = dumbass

EDIT: ehm toto je moje najlajkovanejsie review.
OceMei Belikova♥
one point for the cover,
one point for the title,
and two points for the nice story.

This story gave a lot of knowledges to me, such as :
1. Don't easily give away your virginity to everyone.

I don't know why but me and the book have truly different preception in the meaning of virginity and sex. I vote for sex after marriage. For me, losing our virginity means to give the best to our husband in the first night after we get married, not before marriage, or the worst is we gave it to our boyfriend w
Carlos De Eguiluz
Un libro que leí hace años, olvidé que lo hice, lo compré recientemente y no me di cuenta de que ya lo había escudriñado hasta que llegué al epílogo.

Una novela más, pero con un argumento muy interesante.
Cheyla
Jul 01, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had its good points and its bad points. I definitely do NOT recommend for kids under 15, and I'm saying that as a 14 year old.

MY SYNOPSIS:

What is this book about? Well, love, sure. There's romance. But its not just that-- there's more to it than just girl-likes-boy-but-girl-has-boyfriend.
April is faced with a crisis when her Dad announces that they're moving to Cleveland. She's got everything she's ever wanted where she already lives. A sweet boyfriend, great friends-- which is wh
  • Crush Control
  • The Sweetest Thing
  • Sometimes It Happens
  • The Anti-Prom
  • Tangled
  • He's So Not Worth It (He's So/She's So, #2)
  • The Beginning of After
  • My Life Undecided
  • Will Work for Prom Dress
  • Mad Love
  • Popular
Sarah was born in Montreal, Canada. After graduating with an honors degree in English literature from McGill University, she moved to Toronto to work for Harlequin Enterprises. While she never met Fabio, she used her romance publishing experiences to fuel her first novel Milkrun.

Since then, Sarah has written four additional novels for adults: Fishbowl, As Seen on TV, Monkey Business, and
More about Sarah Mlynowski...
“I love you: You imagine hearing the words from someone not related to you, someone not your best friend, but when someone you love, someone you dream about, actually says them, it makes your body melt and your breath get caught in your chest.” 136 likes
“Sometimes you don't need lightning to start a fire. Sometimes, it builds on its own.” 82 likes