Start by marking “Cyrus Darian And The Technomicron” as Want to Read:
Cyrus Darian And The Technomicron

Cyrus Darian And The Technomicron

(Cyrus Darian #1)

Winner of the Victorian Steampunk Society's Award for Best Novel of 2011 - Raven Dane's Cyrus Darian and the Technomicron - Steampunk, sex and magic - a breathtakingly heady mix you won't want to put down. The Technomicron: ancient, deadly, powerful. In 1860s London every seeker of power - natural or supernatural - wants to wield it; and will stop at nothing to get it. Ent ...more
Published September 9th 2011 by Prosochi

To ask other readers questions about Cyrus Darian And The Technomicron, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cyrus Darian And The Technomicron

Start your review of Cyrus Darian And The Technomicron
Dar B
Sep 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was the first book that I have won on goodreads! It was not my normal kind of book, rather one of the few that sort of interested me but I was much more eager to win many of the others. I need to think on it to write a proper review but, for now, I'll let you know that I think that Raven Dane is a pretty good writer.

I like fantasy books, but not so much about creatures from Hell. I like sci-fi a little, but she dabbles it in with vague and sweeping descriptions and doesn't get too technica
Jonathan
Nov 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: steampunk-read
I enjoyed this great Steampunk Adventure. It is just jam packed with ideas and the mix of adventure and the super natural/occult works well. The element I loved the most was the main protagonist Cyrus Darian. To describe him as an anti-hero would be an understatement, he is in fact despicable. He has not one redeeming part of his character, he will lie and manipulate. You might ask why would you read a book with such a mean character, well it's just so refreshing, you get too many novels where ...more
Dumpy Unicorn
Feb 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Cyrus Darian is one of those characters that you just have to love because he is so naughty. Dabbling with demons or seducing women and men left, right and centre he's a bad boy, but a very likeable bad boy with a coterie of friends that you can't help warming to.

I'm someone who loves the aesthetic of Steampunk but hadn't really got to grips with reading anything in the genre until this novel and it really is good.

Raven Dane is rather good at painting vivid pictures with words that draws me in a
Steven Davis
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it
I found the style - jumping from viewpoint to viewpoint - a little annoying at first, but then again I read the book in, I think, 3 days, so not a major issue. Occasional typographical errors, and nothing the like of which I haven't read before, but it's always good to discover new anti-heroes. I'm glad to see there's at least one more, anti-heroes like these need series that aren't afraid to grow/change and occasionally kill minor supporting characters.
Fiona
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book is set in a dark Victorian steampunk version of London, struggling with polluted air and vested interests. The central character - Cyrus Darian - is a mysterious figure who manages to attract both loyalty and betrayal in equal measure, and the twists and turns of the story drew me in and kept me fascinated. A compelling read.
Timothy
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great read that surpassed my, rather grumpy at the time of reading, expectations. Great world building and good characters. Only scene I was uncertain about was one involving a young lady and a spiked drink. Good read nonetheless.
Alfy
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This should have been a fun romp, steampunk and magic, an outrageous hero, and a quest for a mysterious relic. Great ingredients for a holiday read. Alas , the writing is simply too amateurish, and what could have been a compelling, if easy, story turned into quite a bit of a slog.
Traci
Gerry Mccullough
Niel
Sara
Raven Dane
Aug 08, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Steven
Michelle
Aug 20, 2011
Victoria
Aug 21, 2011

Raven Dane is a UK based author of dark fantasy, steampunk novels and horror short stories. Her first books were the dark fantasy Legacy of the Dark Kind trilogy, Blood Tears, Blood Lament and Blood Alliance. These were followed by a High Fantasy spoof, The Unwise Woman of Fuggis Mire.
Her steampunk novels so far are the award winning Cyrus Darian and the Technomicron and sequel Cyrus Darian and t

Cyrus Darian (3 books)
  • Cyrus Darian and the Ghastly Horde (Cyrus Darian #2)
  • Cyrus Darian and the Wicked Wraith