Start by marking “Maximum Witch (That Old Black Magic, #3)” as Want to Read:
Maximum Witch (That Old Black Magic,  #3)

Maximum Witch

(That Old Black Magic #3)

"Who says getting eaten by a shark is a bad thing? "

"That Old Black Magic, Book 3"

Willa Jameson is having one whopper of an identity crisis. Odd memory flashes that aren t hers. A sultry voice in her head that s obsessed with sex. Even weirder, she finds herself in the jaws of a rogue leviathan, dragged to the bottom of the ocean and rescued by a hunky "shark"?

The last thi
Published September 1st 2011 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Maximum Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maximum Witch

Start your review of Maximum Witch (That Old Black Magic, #3)
Beth
Oct 26, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-reading
Started strong -- kinda petered out at the end -- but I'll still read more set in this world. Good popcorn book.
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Jodi Redford has a way with hot and sexy shifter stories, and this one is no exception.

Willa Jameson realizes her life has gone totally out of control when she finds herself being dragged to the depths of the Atlantic in the tentacles of a leviathan. She has been having flashes of memory that she doesn’t recognize, and a voice in her head urges her to do naughty things with the sexy and hot shark shifter who rescued her from the deep
Kelly
Oh, lordy! Do you see that warning up there? The one that says that there's plenty of smoking-hot lovin' with a shark? It's true. All of it. There is no puffer fish sex. There's no sea horse sex. There's just a lot of steamy, sexy, panty melting good times between Willa and her hunky shark shifter. *fans self* Oh, yeah. Jodi Redford knows how to bring the heat.

One thing that I'm really enjoying with this series is that each of the books are very different. Sure, we get those growly Alpha males w
Among The Muses
While some series start to loose their luster and creativity after awhile, this series just keeps getting better and better! Jodi Redford knows how to deliver uniqueness, humor and delicious hotness in each one of her captivating books!

Witch, Willa Jameson, has just been pulled from the ocean by one fabulously yummy, alpha hero, Maxwell Truitt, who just happened to be on night patrol as sheriff when a sexy girl was in need of a knight in shining armor -- well, maybe I should say in sleek shark s
Kendra
Sep 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Favorite Quote:
“Harrison and Reva decided it would be best to leave the six leviathan henchmen in the minivan while they ransacked the Jameson girl’s apartment. In all honesty, it killed Harrison just a little bit inside to be chauffeuring his hand-picked death squad around in a f**king minivan. The future leader of the world did not cruise in the same vehicle that shuttled soccer kids to and fro, for f**k’s sake. It was an abomination. First chance he got, he was stealing a godd**n tank.”

Review
Shirley
Nov 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Well, Jodi Redford has done it again. She’s introduced me to a shifter that I never even considered (silly me thought they were all mammals.) She gave me a brand new villain that was super easy to hate. She twisted a familiar character’s reality almost beyond recognition and managed to sneak in some really steamy scenes that made me blush – a lot. Maximum Witch was a very full book indeed.

I really like the spin on shifters that Jodi has given readers in That Old Black Magic series. Mixing the wo
Lady Lioness
Okay, here's the thing, I read this book for one reason and one reason only. TIGER SHARK SHIFTER HERO. Just wanted to get that clear up front.

Maximum Witch is the third book in the That Old Black Magic series. It doesn't work too well as a stand-alone as it helps if you've read the second book, The Seven Year Witch. I am also fuzzy on if the shifters featured in Maximum are the same as the familiars from the first two books. I mean, the principle seems to be the same, but Redford doesn't really
Amanda
Mar 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Original review: http://onabookbender.com/2012/07/11/r...

Need to save the world? Have a threesome! What? It’s a solid plan in times of crisis, and Jodi Redford executes it brilliantly. What I love about this series is that it doesn’t take itself too seriously — shark shifters, anyone? — yet provides us with a wonderful (and often necessary) escape. When I have the time, it is easy to sit down and read these books in a single afternoon, and that’s exactly what I did with Maximum Witch.

Despite thi
Chris Bails
Oct 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a good book. Did not like as much as the 2nd one. I still recommend the book and the series.
This is the story of Willa, a witch. She has been having some strange things happening to her. She keeps hearing weird voices and waking up and not sure how she got there. The latest incindent she finds herself walking into the ocean and then waking up in a strange mans bed. She finds out that she was attacked by a leviathan. She meets Max. Max is a shark shifter; gorgeous, and very sexy. She is
Carmen Adamczyk
I really enjoyed this story. The sexual scenes were super steamy as were the Hero (shark shifter!! hello!) and best friend. It was easy to get pulled into the story. I really dislike romance stories that don't ever leave the bedroom (or kitchen counter, living room, dining room table, etc.) A couple of cons though, and it seems weird to complain about it but the title of the book is awful. It has almost nothing to do with being a witch and doesn't help the potential reader get any clue about wha ...more
Jess F. (From Me to You ... Book Reviews)
"3.5 out of 5 stars, this delightfully funny, erotic, and adventurous book tells you about Willa, the secrets of her past, and the hot shark-shifter (Max) who's in her life. This book ..."

Read more of this review and TWO TEASERS here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2011/12/made-grade-that-old-black-magic-series.html
Tory
I liked the premise of this story. I thought it was different (in a good way) that Max was a shark shifter. The story moved quickly and had lots of action. I did not feel as invested in Max and Willa. Most of their relationship seemed to rest on she is the heroine and he is there hero. I liked them individually, but would liked to have seen more of a build in their relationship.
Paws
Feb 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book has almost nothing to do with the first two in the series, and it's kind of refreshing. New characters (view spoiler) It surprised me by taking a turn for the menage. But it was for the good of all mankind, of course! ...more
Summer
Dec 31, 2011 rated it really liked it

******
If you liked this book you may enjoy the following groups:
Erotic Enchants Group
Menage Readers Group
Billie
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
Deane Lingenfelter
What better way to meet the man of your dream than by having him recuse you from the bottom of the sea. Happy Reading
Kristin
Sep 05, 2015
Izzie Nivek
Mar 20, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • My Lucky Halloween: A Brother's Best Friend Romance (Tales of the Nightie Book 6)
  • Some Like It Charming (It's Only Temporary #1)
  • Alexandr Obsessed (Bad Russian, #1)
  • Hail to the King (Kings of the Tower, #3)
  • One Gold Heart (Dominant Cord, #1)
  • Jewel's Menage (The Key Club #5)
  • The Key Club Box Set: Books 1-5
  • The Brothers Next Door (A Striker Brothers MFM Romance)
  • Jackson (Tate Family Holidays, #1)
  • Come Work For Me
  • Driving Home for Christmas (Billionaire Holiday #1)
  • Priceless
  • The Billionaires and the Book Nerd
  • The Billionaires and the Bookworm
  • Possessive Boss Next Door (Possessive Billionaire Bosses #2)
  • Claustrophobic
  • Super Hot (Superlovin', #3)
At the ripe age of seven, I penned my first epic, complete with stick figure illustrations. Sadly, my drawing skills haven't improved much, but my love of creating fantasy worlds is still going strong.
Yep, I still love writing about fairies, ghosts, and other supernatural creatures, only my stories pack a little more heat these days.

I currently reside in Michigan with my husband and overgrown lapd

That Old Black Magic (4 books)
  • That Voodoo You Do (That Old Black Magic, #1)
  • The Seven Year Witch (That Old Black Magic, #2)
  • Getting Familiar with Your Demon (That Old Black Magic, #4)