Start by marking “Tykota's Woman” as Want to Read:
Tykota's Woman

Tykota's Woman

Tykota is on his way to rejoin his Apache tribe after living among white men when his band is attacked and he must rescue an innocent white woman who melts his heart and changes his life forever. Reissue.
Published March 1st 2007 by Leisure Books (first published May 2nd 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Tykota's Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tykota's Woman

MelissaB
Tykota was six years old when his father, the chief of the Perdenelas tribe, sent him to live with a white friend because he was afraid for the boy's life after multiple attempts to kill him. After nineteen years living away from his tribe, it is finally time for Tykota to go back and take his place as chief of the tribe after the death of his father. He spent those nineteen years living in England and on a ranch in Texas with his white family, the Silverhorns, at the request of his father.

Maki
Dawn
++Spoilers++

Well this is certainly the LAST time I take a chance on a book until I have more info from reliable sources.

To say that I don't care for the writing style is being polite. Since I am not always polite, let me say that this was super cheesy and melodramatic. The characters were like bad actors from a 1930's movie.

Well here's what I liked:

1. A relatively strong heroine
2. Decent descriptions of the land and atmosphere

What I didn't like:

1. The book could have been 100 pages sho
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*

I'm lucky with my current phase of Indian romances that they are all being so different in story. This one is also unlike another I have read. Instead of a woman being taken to a tribe, the Indian male has left his tribe as a child to protect his life and been raised in the white world. To fulfill a promise to his father, who has now died, he is supposed to return and lead the tribe as chief. He feels caught between two worlds, and during his journey, rescues a woman he falls in love wi
Annette K Hernandez
I like Indian stories, this story was interesting and exciting.

passionate, riveting, and loving. It kept me reading quickly to find out the outcome. Strong woman and even stronger man. Living to survive together. Loving enough to let go for the greater good. luckily in the end they met the typical love story finale.
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Oh, my god, the constant back-and-forth with these two. Just shoot one of them and put this story out of its indecisive misery already.

It's not terrible, but it's also not terribly compelling or memorable. I suppose it doesn't help that I have a real aversion to idiot heroines who pre-judge and won't STFU.
Jena R. Sandefer
I loved it!! As Tykota said "where there is love, it will find a way!"
"lesley anne Marshall
A great read

An excellent story. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and have purchased another book by this writer and fully expect it to also be enjoyable
Marsha Lessig
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it!

Very few stories stir emotions in me to the point of tears .. this book, however, made me cry in sadness as tho my heart were the one breaking .. in joy as if l were the one in love! What a treat for the senses!
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku-read
judy dever
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Story

This was a good story, enjoyed the characters and the plot. It seemed to drag a little at times, but for the most part i liked it.
kattie
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Woman

I loved this story, I recommend every one to read her books, I look forward to reading more of her books KATTIE.
Laura Hoesing
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

This was so friggin good. Great fresh story. Something I haven't read before. I couldn't put the book down read it in a day
Maura
R.C. Matthews
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
There are a lot of wonderful aspects of this story. Overall I enjoyed the author's writing style and the story kept me turning the pages. The story was plausible, and both H/h are lovely characters that I felt sympathy for and I was definitely rooting for them to be together throughout. Although I did not cry or laugh out loud, I was smiling a lot while I read the book and felt sorrow along with the characters. There are also a lot of secondary characters that are introduced and likeable. The pl ...more
Maryann Bender
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love conquered.

Right from the beginning it was hard to put my kindle down . The story is so real and heartbreaking I knew what the end so be , happily ever after I just didn't want it to end such a beautiful story there should be a sequel to it .Keep you the good writing .thank you God loves Texas .
Doreen
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this romance immensely. Great plot and such loveable characters, especially Tykota and Makinna. I was so enamored with the Indian wisdom and love of the land . I was rooting and crying for those two star-crossed lovers to be together and I wish I had a Tykota real-life boyfriend. :-)

AWESOME read and will not disappoint.
LHC Girl
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second Time Around

I read this book a few years ago and the second time was just as good. A great read. Recommend .
Kathy Mcelfish
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love indian romances as much as western/cowboy romances.
Carol Drouillard
mary claire haraldson
Jun 12, 2019
Angela
Nov 28, 2016
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Native American romance [s] 5 222 Apr 19, 2017 04:07PM

• Too Tough to Tame (Tough Man, #1)
  • Hawk's Woman
  • Apache Caress
  • Lakota Winds (Lakota Skies, #1)
  • Beloved Savage
  • Captive
  • Sioux Splendor
  • His Wicked Revenge (Short Story)
Evelyn Gee was born on 1939 in Texas, USA. She makes her home in San Antonio with her husband, Jim and their son, Jason.

She signed her novels as Constance O'Banyon. She also wrote as Micah Leigh with Texan writer Emma Merritt. Her books range from historical to contemporary and include several novellas. Many of her books have been published in trade paperback.Among her many awards, she is the reci