Start by marking “Fire from the Sun” as Want to Read:
Fire from the Sun

Fire from the Sun

Published December 1st 2000 by Xlibris Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Fire from the Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire from the Sun

Start your review of Fire from the Sun
William Laing
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had a wonderful time reading this wry, funny, compassionate, wise book. Wei Lin and Margaret, Mr Derbyshire's creations, are my friends. I've wept for them, laughed at them, and miss them like hell.

Fire From The Sun had me laughing and smiling. I found myself saying some passages over to myself again for pleasure. I cried twice. This book treats of a great range of human folly, cruelty, compassion and greatness, individual and collective.
At the core of all is a great compassionate heart and a
Liviu
Here I am talking about the ebook release of the author a day or so ago (mid -Feb) of the whole novel so far only on Amazon/Kindle with other platforms coming soon.

As Goodreads in a misguided ideological move is not using the Amazon data any more so losing tons of editions/books in the process, I am forced to use this old xlibris edition to talk about the book at least for now, but know that you can get the full book electronically (comes at over 900 pages print ) on Amazon for 5.99$

Ross Richey
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first thing you may notice about Fire From The Sun is that it's long, intimidatingly so. I have read a lot of long books: War and Peace, Les Miserable and The Count of Monte Cristo, to name just a few. In order for a long book to make sense it has to be epic in scope and the story has to pull you along. Fire From The Sun does both. And, no, I am not saying that it is on par with those other books. (It may in fact be better than Monte Cristo, there's certainly less fluff.) I didn't read it in ...more
William N Wagner
Jason
added it
Aug 23, 2019
Currently living on Long Island, New York
“I preach that odd defiant melancholy that sees the dreadful loneliness of the human soul and the pitiful disaster of human life as ever redeemable and redeemed by compassion, friendship and love.” 12 likes