Start by marking “Help Wanted (Fantasy Heights, #1)” as Want to Read:
Help Wanted (Fantasy Heights, #1)

Read Book

Help Wanted (Fantasy Heights #1)

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  796 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
The pursuit of pleasure begins at Fantasy Heights.

A thirst for adventure leads one young woman to Fantasy Heights. This resort, specializing in fantasy fulfillment, will put her to the test. Does she have what it takes to explore sexual pleasure to its fullest? Does she have the courage to pursue her own fantasies?

HELP WANTED is the first installment in the FANTASY HEIGHTS
Published July 23rd 2011 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Help Wanted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Help Wanted

Red Phoenix
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
I think Meg Silvers is quite a talented writer! Not only has she come up with a delicious scenario, but she has the talent to pull it off. Hot!!! I give it 4-stars solely based on the fact that I don't want the main male love interest to do guys - personal preference. Three of four sex scenes involved same-sex encounters and I wonder if that is going to be the overall theme of the series.
April
This is a serial, be aware this is only the beginning, not the full story. It was a quick smexy little read. Plenty of hawt action if you are looking for a steamy book. Most of the book is the sex, with plenty of variety in positions, partners and scenes. The story is light, but it is there, which is more than I can say for most hardcore smexy reads.

Most of the action happens at a steamy sexy club that caters to exclusive fantasies. Amy is looking to explore her sexuality and break out of her m
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Let's see... This book was HOT, no doubt about it, but it lacked a lot in the way of substance for me. I'm not talking romance per say, I know this book is basically just plain sex, but more fleshing out of the story. I enjoyed reading it, no doubt about that ::BLUSH::, but I won't be thinking much about it later. It was a sexy meh... as sexy as meh can be!
Brenda
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dead-boring, meh

I don't know, dude. My face was literally like that.
Isabelle Morebooksthanlivros
Aug 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone that like plain erotica
Recommended to Isabelle by: this introduction is a freebie
Shelves: in-my-kindle
4 stars. EROTICA (not romance, plain erotica)

This is an introduction to a series. What a great introduction! I've been hooked!

Summary

Amanda is running away from humiliation. She has been left for another woman two weeks before her wedding. Tired of being the proper everything, she wants to be daring and make new discoveries.
She finds out about a job at a luxury sex club and dare to give it a try.

Impressions and opinion

In this book the author introduces the place, the main character and some oth
Aprilhj
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I like it. It kept my attention and as a side-effect, made my husband very happy...
Jessie Morgan
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Help Wanted is the short story that launches this author's Fantasy Heights series, and as such I thought it was very well done. Amanda is a jilted bride, newly unemployed and looking to escape the sudden mess and humiliation that her life has become. When she happens upon a postcard advertising for help at a fantasy sex club, she jumps at the chance to 'become someone else' for a while. And what unfolds in this sizzling hot short is her trial period with the people (both guests and co-workers) a ...more
Heather
Oct 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, fantasy-play
I downloaded a free copy of this book to see if the storyline and writing was worth it. Very pleased to say that Meg Silver is an accomplished writer and she brings the heat in this short, introductory book.

The storyline lends itself to a series (even though I am not a big series fan). One of the things that I like about Meg's writing style is how she writes "crisp" and to the point, but does not lose anything as she describes some really hot scenes. As a reader you really get to feel the heat
0rigin3l
Sep 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'm so torn on this. A friend recommended the series and book 1 was free on Amazon so I picked it up. I should start by saying I am not a fan of novellas. I really like a full length book so because of that I'm hovering between a 4 & 5. The writing is good, this is not romance it's straight up erotica. It's very steamy and of course I'm wanting to read more. I looked into the other books in the series and they're all also very short so I'm not sure if I want to continue. It's well written, s ...more
C Joy
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a tease! I'm suddenly craving for more!

This is the first Meg Silver story I've read and I'm looking forward to her other works. This erotic short gives readers a different perspective. Instead of the usual client who experiences the pleasures in an establishment like this, we see things through Amanda's eyes, that of an employee. It's exciting how things would progress since Amanda was recently jilted by her fiancé, and this is how she's coping. I wonder how she'll handle things, to separat
Heather
I downloaded a free copy of this story to see if the series was for me. I can honestly say I'm glad I didn't pay for the book. It is incredibly short, and although very sexy, left me wanting more from the book. It felt very rushed and I did not feel tied to any of the characters. I felt like we needed to know more about Amanda: what was she thinking during her first scene? How does she come to terms with having sexual activity with so many different people? How does she feel about engaging in se ...more
Steph Su
Apr 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book
Oh, an erotica short story that proves that even smut can be well written! I felt that both characters and setting were well-developed in this beginning tale. Silver approaches her sex scenes from an almost clinical and scientific standpoint, which I found refreshing and actually made things hotter for me. Her details were tight and precise, no melodramatic descriptive language. Fantasy Heights Spa began to slowly grow in my mind as a fully realized place where anything--well, at least anything ...more
Jane
Providing fantasies at an exclusive resort is a dream job for a young woman looking to escape the disaster of her old life, so she answers the Help Wanted ~ Fantasy Heights # 1. Her groom is now marrying her younger sister; due to the scandal she lost her job and is looking for something different. Different, exciting and a great adventure is offered by her new job and she is getting paid to have a good time as she meets the challenges of her new career as she is asked to perform each day on the ...more
Angie (Mind Malfunction)
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Help Wanted is book one in the Fantasy Heights, Erotica Series by Meg Silver. This story contains a variety of erotica scenes including menage, bdsm, and voyeurism. This story is about a woman who's recently left her fiance after finding out about his infidelity. She's a business woman wanting a new career and new experiences and decides on working in the sex trade in a high end fantasy spa. Some of the sex scenes didn't have enough focus. Instead of focusing on a scene, the author tried to desc ...more
Jessie Verona
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
When I read the blurb on this I snorted and wondered if there would be a guy in white boxer-briefs standing at the gate to greet clients as they arrived. Let's face it, it's been done.

But here's the thing, you can do something that's been done to death if you do it very very well.

Meg Silver does do it very well.

She only requires a few brush strokes to fill in the setting and background. Then she gets right to the good stuff. And it is good. She has an excellent sense of pacing and therefore actu
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Jul 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: smut-romance, short
Read more of my reviews and ramblings at Ana's Attic Sexy Tales

This was one erotic read and written pretty well also! A young woman gets jilted by her fiancé, and decides she needs a change. She applies for a job at a resort that provides sexual fantasies. This one is free, then the rest of the series is short 99 cent books, and it is a really good, HOT beginning. I would love to take a trip to this resort. It is written in a bit of a detached way, so may not be for everyone, but I, for one, fou
Angelina Justice
Aug 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
First response...Baby, is the heat on? After that, I must confess being new to the genre. I decided to start looking for alternatives to 50 Shades of horrible writing. I appreciated that safety and comfort featured strongly in this teaser story. It definately kept my interest and raised my core temp. And surprisingly, made me want to know what this sexually adventurous character will do next.
Charity
Jun 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, ebooks-i-own
I'm undecided. It was good, situations were definitely something straight from a fantasizing mind. I liked some characters. The emotion was built within the story properly, but I just didn't connect. I felt a little bored instead of excited, that might stem from my state of mind at the time or the book itself. I do plan to look into the next Fantasy Heights book--mainly to read more Thomas!
Britta
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, kindle, 2013
Amanda is a woman looking to change her life. Looking for a new life has preoccupied Amanda’s life after her fiancé left her for her barely legal sister … at the altar ...

Read the rest of this review at my book blog.
Melissa
Nov 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
This was a short read. The story line and characters line were weakly developed. I would have liked more character and story development. The beginning was promising but the author added too many characters to really develop the story and who each character was. The ending felt rushed and was blah.
Kay Glass
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I picked this up on a whim and I'm a huge fan already! This story was extremely well-written. I instantly fell in love with the main character, wondering how her storyline would work itself out. The other characters are deeply intruiging and I cannot wait for more. I have eagerly started downloading the series. If you love erotica but want an actual story to go with it, follow along!
Deena Ward
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica
I really enjoyed this short piece, mostly because Silver is extremely skilled in the way she describes erotic encounters. She takes her time, builds the moment and lets the magic happen.

I found myself reading her works much more slowly than I usually read erotica, not wanting to miss a word. She's a rare writer who makes her words count.

Well done.
BDSM newbie
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
There were a few mistakes that started to ruin the book for me and the story went way too fast. I had heard good things about this series but I was disappointed and I will not continue with the set. It's a good idea but it just didn't work for me. There are better written and flowing stories.
Amy Pro
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Short, sweet and to the hot point! HOLY CRAP!!! Amanda is looking for change. Her life has been heaved upside down. She finds this change in a place she least expects and will open her up to things she never thought imaginable.
zoegrl
Crazy exciting beginning of a Series about a Sexual Fantasy Resort & the woman who just applied for a new job. She's not inexperienced just hasn't done much of what they do here. She's in for an adventure of her own.

I enjoy the writing so far. Should be interesting!
Kenneth Bryant
May 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
It was quite an enthralling story. Nothing too hot in the sex department, but it was still a real page turner!

There were one or two typos, and some blasphemy (which I don't like), but still, I would recommend this book, and I will be reading more of the series.
Roberta
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica
This whole "Fantasy Heights" series is HOT. Please take the time to read the series. The only downside is each short story is just that "short". I've read the series and am waiting for the next book.
Zan
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica-hot
Definitely erotica, multiple sex partners and lots of hot sex scenes.
Maria
Oct 11, 2013 rated it did not like it
At least, she found a job that she liked.
grumpybybirth
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I grabbed this book as a free read, and I am so glad I did. Love the way Meg Silver writes the story. Grips you from page one and doesn't let go.

Just be warned it is extremelly HOT!!!
  • With a View
  • Casey's Night In (The Mirage Agency, #1.5)
  • Lovers Moan
  • His Gift
  • Take Me (Naughty Nooners)
  • At His Request 1
  • Doctor Knows Best
  • Varick: The Reluctant
  • Chocolate Kisses
  • Passion Next Door (The Pleasure Brigade, #1)
  • Shaken and Stirred (Kizzie Baldwin Erotic Thriller #1)
  • Sweetest Mistress
  • Birthday Games (Spy Games, #1.5)
  • Good Cop, Bad Cop
  • Stormbound: Seduced by the Neighbors
  • Kayla's Birthday Present
  • Lovers' Feud (Caden Kink, #1)
  • Made to be Broken (The Redmond Club, #1)

Fantasy Heights (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The New Girl (Fantasy Heights, #2)
  • At Her Command (Fantasy Heights, #3)
  • All Of Her (Fantasy Heights, #4)
  • One To Watch (Fantasy Heights, #5)
  • Into Her Fire (Fantasy Heights, #6)
  • Wish Her Well (Fantasy Heights, #7)
  • All the Queen's Men (Fantasy Heights, #8)
  • For The Wicked (Fantasy Heights, #9)
  • Paramour (Fantasy Heights, #10)
  • Eightman (Fantasy Heights, #11)