Start by marking “うさぎドロップ 9 (Bunny Drop, #9)” as Want to Read:
うさぎドロップ 9 (Bunny Drop, #9)

うさぎドロップ 9 (Bunny Drop #9)

3.04  ·  Rating details ·  482 Ratings  ·  69 Reviews
Rin and Dakichi have weathered many storms together, but Rin's realization that she sees Dakichi - the man who has raised her as a father - in a romantic light, may cast their little family adrift for good. Now, Rin must make a choice, one that will forever change the life she has come to know...
213 pages
Published July 8th 2011 by 祥伝社 (first published July 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about うさぎドロップ 9, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about うさぎドロップ 9

Selena

No. Just... no. I do not like this pairing. I don't care for plot conveniences. It's still NO.

And that bit at the very end?

That's just... wrong.

(view spoiler)

No wonder this part of the series never got animated.

(I'm only reading the last one because it's supposed to be a bunch of short stories with little kid Rin, the age she should have
Courtney
Mar 27, 2013 rated it did not like it
Like I said before, this series had a perfect ending at the end of book 4. Then it just got creepy and weird. I never did like Woody Allen.
Jess
Dec 19, 2011 rated it did not like it
I honestly don't even have words for the direction this series took. The beginning was great; it was fun to read and so cute! But the ending? So awful. It destroyed absolutely everything.
Kippychan
Sep 30, 2011 rated it did not like it
I hated the end of this series! I loved it at first, it was so cute. But the end was a truly awful in my opinion. It was ruined for me.
Lina
Sep 25, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sarah ~Sehrenity~
This went from manga highly recommended to manga I read (but will trade). The series as a whole was brilliant. The characters were real and well drawn. They were deeply emotional, with seemingly real reactions to every day things. The tender parts were touching, and the bittersweet parts were sweetly heart-wrenching.

Then came the plot twist in volume 8. Ruined a beautiful story for me. Still, I thought that volume 9 had time to redeem it. Sadly, not so.

Courtney
I'm probably going to re-read the first few books. And book 10, which someone said is a bunch of short stories from when Rin was cute, little and not f**k*d in the head. Otherwise, the rest of these volume will sit on the shelf collecting dust unless/until I decide to sell them. (Because a full set will get more money than partials.)

This series went so downhill.

I'm not keeping quiet about spoilers, so if you look under the cut you're going to know exactly what is going on with this book. The su
Jasmiina F
Jan 15, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: comics
I'm so mad right now because this was just way too terrible. I've never been this disappointed with any other ending, in books or in comics. Terrible. And I used to love Bunny Drop and I still love the characters but the author ruined everything for me. Maybe I'll just try to forget how this ended.
Jessica
Sep 13, 2013 rated it liked it
This is my review for the whole series. It ends at volume 10, but that is just filled with short back stories explaining certain questions that were not answered during the original run.

I want to say first about me and my manga relationship have been going through ups and downs this year. The manga I pick always start out with a FANTASTIC premise---and slowly start to unravel. This book would have been completely amazing if not for the last half of the books. Before I delve into that---let's ju
Kate
Ah, this infamous volume. I knew about the end of the series before I even read it, having been spoiled by the online community (surprise). So, I was more interested to see how events would play out and whether it would "work".

The verdict: it feels forced. I can understand Rin's feelings; sixteen-year-old girls' first feelings of love can be confusing, including who they start to develop feelings for. Daikichi is harder for me to understand, and I feel like his character development has stagnat
L. Petunia
Aug 29, 2013 rated it liked it
I really liked this series as whole, but... The end... ;-; I actually knew it was coming (and was shocked when I first read those spoilers), but it just wasn't any better once I read it. (view spoiler) ...more
Cassandra
Apr 02, 2014 rated it did not like it
Sara
Feb 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
LOVED ITTTT! DAIKICHI FOREVERRRRR <33333333333333333
Katherine
Feb 17, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga
Um...Ew. Granted, the ending was spoiled for me by the actual publisher, himself. However, this was like the Human Centipede; I knew it was going to suck so badly, but I had to see it for myself. This can never be unread. I kind of wish I could go back and tell myself to skip this entire series. Now, it will take up valuable memory space in my gray matter that can never be erased. I don't know if it's a cultural thing or some valuable point was lost in translation, but I'm putting this book down ...more
Amber
Mar 03, 2014 rated it did not like it
Jessie Jacobs
WTF Japan? To recap really sweet story about a young man adopting his deceased grandfather's love child. So Daikichi is raising his aunt, Rin. It explores themes of family and sacrifice with a upbeat and sweet tone, but then Rin hits puberty. The last two volumes turn everything upside down: Two major twists that completely change the plot. However, the tone still remains innocently sweet. Maybe it's been too long since I've read a manga series. I must have become desensitized. However, I would ...more
Tyler Renaud
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This whole series was amazing. It puts into perspective how much some people must give up in order to raise a child from the younger years until they graduate high school. The anime and the manga brought tears to my eyes so many times, I will never forget this heart felt story.
Apr 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
NOPE. nope nope nope.

Nope.
Mike
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, slice-of-life
While a slice of life manga, Bunny Drop has been following it's central characters for eight proceeding volumes and this is the end of the ongoing story (there is one volume of short stories to come). It also wraps up several ongoing plotlines. There's absolutely no point in starting here.

** Note: There will be no spoilers for volume 9 in this review, but I will be discussing the structure of the series as a whole in general terms, as well as my thoughts on the authors choices (in vague languag
Amber
May 08, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, owned-hardcopy
Wow, where do I even start with this? This ending... this is why we can't have nice things, folks.

(view spoiler)

I should have read spoilers and saved myself the pain.
Quincy
It's weird that Rin and Daikichi end up married...To me Yumi Unita never gave a believable reason or situation where Rin developed romantic feelings for her adoptive father. Yes Rin kept saying that she always wanted to be together with Daikichi and she always had a little trepidation about Daikichi having romantic relationships, but nothing beyond that. Nothing that seemed out of the ordinary for either's overall family and emotional situation.
Christine Bowles
This book is the end of Rin and Diakichi's story (the next volume being a collection of stories missing from the years), and I have to say I was not at all thrilled with the story! I wasn't happy with the twist this one took, and the final chapter felt like a convenient bow wrapping it all up so it could have a happy ending without much thought. I still plan to pick up the final volume because I have made it this far, but this one was disappointing.
Melissa
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
I just can't really get over Daikichi having raised Rin since the age of, like, six, where he bathed with her, did her hair, brushed her teeth, helped her through bed wetting/etc and then entering a spousal relationship with her.

Even if it was her prompting.

It's not the age that gets me. It's the primary, beautiful relationship they had morphed into...that.

No thanks.
Claire
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, this-year
I did not realise that this in fact is the last book in the series. The one that ends the story. So I am not entirely sure what book 10 holds.

This was not the ending I expected. I love Rin, she is a smart girl but she moves fast. I think she surprised Daikichi. Still a fantastic series.
Murasakii
Sep 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
When you start a story like this one you get all sentimental and feel good feelings because of the heartwarming premise and evolution of the story till you get to vol. 8, I know love can be tricky and unexpected but let me tell you... unexpected development and ending.... I have mixed feelings about the series because I feel kinda cheated.
Wing Kee
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
This series went from something I really enjoyed to something I wanted to take a shower after reading, the tone change and the story choice is just quizzical. I've never had this type of whiplash happen in a Manga series and unfortunately it's pretty much ruined my enjoyment of it:

World: The world is modern society Japan, its a look at this society and how it deals with single parents, the backdrop allowed for the story to be told. There is nothing wrong with the world and the world itself plays
Miss Ryoko
Huh.... well that was an interesting "twist" and a rather rushed one too, it seems.

Well, Japan... so I'm not entirely surprised about the relationship change between Daikichi and Rin. And oddly enough, I can completely understand why Rin would feel the way she does... it's Daikichi whose feelings I don't think would be able to change so easily. But I'm happy for them.

I'm just mostly super happy Rin and Kouki (view spoiler)
Léa
Feb 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga
No. Just no. I thought Unita would redeem herself with a good explanation but no, she went through with the disgusting ending. Why do you want to trash your own books ?? It was a lovely story, I loved reading these and now each time I will want to re-read the beginning (which is really great) I'll think of the way it ends and how it ruins everything.
If you ever want to read this please stop at the end of book 4. It's a lovely father and daughter story. Books 5/6/7 are okay but if you start thos
Meredith
Jul 01, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel

So, as many other reviewers have noted... This series ended in turn Hindenburg fashion, something wonderful to behold going down in gut-wrenching flames. While some may accuse me of being over-dramatic, I stand by the comparison. Unita's story up this volume was well-written and insightful... and just plain cute! With this final volume, the twist that was revealed in the last volume is given resolution but it feels forced and untrue to the nature of the characters she had so skillfully developed
Boris
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
I`ve found "Usagi Drop" rather uneven, but enjoyable, particularly for some of its characters (mischievous and troubled Kouki) and a well attained analysis of misplaced child`s behavior (little Rin). Some lively and hearty moments make it worth reading the whole stuff.

On the other side, even though no one seems to care, there are several constructive flaws in the way the author sets up this, specially from "graphic syntax" point of view -I mean that I find some hesitations on the way miss Unita
  • Bakuman, Vol. 20 (Bakuman, #20)
  • Cross Game 2 (Cross Game, #4-5)
  • 山田くんと7人の魔女 7 [Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo 7] (Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches, #7)
  • Aishiteruze Baby, Volume 07
  • Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Volume 4 (Ōoku: The Inner Chambers / 大奥, #4)
  • The Year of the Fortune Cookie (Anna Wang #3)
Japanese Name (宇仁田ゆみ)

Yumi Unita was born in Mie Prefecture on May 10th, 1972. In 1998, she debuted with "VOICE" in Hakusensha's Young Animal. Since then, she has worked in many genres, having her works featured in seinen, josei, and shounen magazines.
More about Yumi Unita...

• Bunny Drop, Vol. 5
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 6
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 7
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 8
  • うさぎドロップ 10 番外編 (Bunny Drop, #10)