Start by marking “Textured Stitches: Knitted Sweaters and Accessories with Smart Details” as Want to Read:
Textured Stitches: Knitted Sweaters and Accessories with Smart Details

Textured Stitches: Knitted Sweaters and Accessories with Smart Details

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  80 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Beloved knitwear designer Connie Chang Chinchio presents for the first time a complete collection of twenty brand-new designs.

Knitters know Connie Chang Chinchio’s wildly popular patterns from Knitscene and Interweave Knits and will be clamoring for this book of original projects. Textured Stitches brings her trademark combination of simple knitting with lovely patterned s
Published January 3rd 2012 by Interweave Press (first published December 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Textured Stitches, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Textured Stitches

Linda
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweater designs from this book reminded me of the ones seen on British TV shows and movies. Subtle classic designs with just a little something extra.
Tam G
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Elegant. Restrained. Nice.
Tonileg
May 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: knitting-crafts
So I'm slowly buying the Interweave collection of knitting pattern books.
This is yet another that was pretty cheap as a good used book so I took a chance.
About half of the patterns are interesting, but this is mostly sweaters and cardigans with personal touches which stay deeply in the classic with class where too many of the new knitting pattern books are delving too far into the kitsch.
I'm planning to whip up the cover sweater called Intagliata Henley which needs for a 94cm bust, 4 skeins for
Grace
Jan 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reference, knitting
Disclaimer, the tribe of women with PhDs in Physics is quite small and I know Connie personally.

I bought her book and was very impressed. The photo previews on the publisher's website don't do the book justice. Yes, there are nice and wearable projects for real life. Yes, they combine interesting textured detailing with quick and easy stockinette so that the projects can be finished in realistic time frames. Yes, the sweaters are beautifully photographed to show off the yummy yarn.

But the real
S.
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: intermediate/experienced knitters
This is one of the most unique knitting books I own- and one of the few I have seen fit to purchase. Clear and concise instructions with very large and easy to read charts make it a winner! The book has a lovely variety of patterns; headbands, scarves, sweaters, hats and gloves to name some. Each are unique and very feminine. This book is a wonderful addition to any knitting library, but is a must for those of us who are experienced knitters looking for challenging and interesting projects.
Carrie
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting
This is a very nice book of knitting patterns. There are no knitting tutorials, and the stitches are very ornate, so it isn't a beginner book. However, the pictures are very nice and there are several for each pattern. Most patterns include charts for the textured parts, but the instructions are primarily written. The finished projects are classic with a few modern touches and interesting blocks of pattern to break up otherwise plain garments.
Leslie Jem
I really like Connie Chang Chinchio's design aesthetic. Her geometric lines and lack of ruffles speak to me. Her designs are the types of garments I wear- lightweight tops, open cardigans, nothing heavy or bulky. And she designs actual gloves, not just mitts! Eventually want to add this to my library.
Janeen K
Jan 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting, non-fiction
A library book I more then likely will be purchasing. I am a big fan of cardigans and Connie Chang Chinchio designs in this book are fabulous. What I love about the first two cardigans, Professoressa and the Lustro are the texture/cables going up the front. No buttons this is the way I love wearing a cardigan.
Susinok
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting
Great designs in here.
jahiebert
Feb 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: knit-crochet, library
Lovely book design, like all Interweave books, but the only pattern that really caught my eye was the Intagliata Henley (shown on the cover).
Tilden
Dec 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Some patterns I like and would want to knit. Simple lines but with cables, lace, and other patterns, the knits are more interesting.
Bobbi
Mar 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
Like Bianca Headband p. 35; not crazy about other patterns
Fincalian
Mar 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafts-knitting
This book had some nice looking patterns. I can't knit yet, but I liked at least half of these patterns. When I eventually tackle knitting my first piece of clothing, I'll remember this book.
Dana *
Jan 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiber, 2012
beautiful projects, intricate and well explained details A project book.
Sara
Mar 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved these sweaters and other knitted items. The sweater I knitted fits extremely well and is gorgeous. I hope to also knit a hat and gloves as well as possibly more sweaters.
Heywu
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting, ravelry, 2013
Patterns are simple and complex. I may buy this book to learn how to transfer the textured stitches to dog sweaters.
Melissa
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love Interweave publications. The styling makes all the finished pieces look so effortless - I just want to knit everything.

Love Connie choice in details. Nothing too fussy or overworked :)
Ligaya
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
I had high hopes for this book but I found that the patterns seemed either too dainty (AnnaMaria Cardigan, Tulip Henley...) or too dowdy (Professoressa/Lustro/Raindrop Cardigan, Gems Hoodie...). Also included are seven patterns for accessories (hats, shawls, mittens). I found not one pattern that I would make! Honestly, I wondered if maybe the photo styling was the problem in this book? I've seen other patterns by this same author in knit magazines so I was surprised that this book was a let-dow ...more
Ayla